PDA

View Full Version : newspress is bias

08-17-2009, 10:24 PM
if I said that a few deputies (lcso) were out drinking on their off time and got into a fight at a well known bar, (no one got arrested), but there would be a full blown investigation and the news press would run stories for days.

the above statement did not happen at lcso but ccpd

I know this happened at ccpd and see if you even hear a peep on the news. it dosent matter who was at fault. just because of what is going on lcso is being unfaily targeted in the paper.

this kind of favortism is bs.

the officers at ccpd will not even hear a word of backlash from this incident. I'm not trying to hang dirty clothes up on the line I just want the press to be fair.

newspress stop the bs and run the facts not half lies and half truths. the only articles they should be running on any local agency are good ones that make the community feel safe and secure, unless of coarse someone f**ks up then go after them not our whole agency.

08-20-2009, 12:38 PM
I'm not trying to hang dirty clothes up on the line I just want the press to be fair.

newspress stop the bs and run the facts not half lies and half truths. the only articles they should be running on any local agency are good ones that make the community feel safe and secure, unless of coarse someone f**ks up then go after them not our whole agency.

So let me get this straight. When a deputy covers up for another by driving his drunk ass home instead of busting him for DUI like the law requires, that kind of corruption shouldn't be newsworthy. But when the Sponge makes a small time drug bust and flexes for the camera's like some DEA poser that just took down the Cali Cartel that's newsworthy? STFU and go crawl back under your rock.

If you don't like the News Press airing your agencies dirty laundry then stop sh@tting in your agencies pants! Problem solved.

The News Press isn't the problem. Good lord, you do realize any real investigative newspaper would shread your agency to pieces with all the ammo you guys give them. Your lucky it's the Snooze Press your dealing with!

08-20-2009, 12:44 PM
"I'm not trying to hang dirty clothes up on the line I just want the press to be fair."

You don't want the NP to be fair. You want them to be biased in your favor, you want them in your pocket. I guess it's time for LCSO to embark on a mission to find their dirty laundry and do a little good ol boy extortion to curry the editors favor. I'm sure there are some deputies there that can take care of that for you!

08-20-2009, 02:47 PM
I dont care if they run articles on lcso, i just want them to be fair, when another agency fuc*s up, report on that to, not just let it go and wait for the littlest thing to happen at lcso, you didnt hear the 1st posting in the paper did you, if it was lcso it would have made front page.

08-21-2009, 03:02 AM
Oh don't feel "special", they didn't miss the chance to bring the Fire dept into the headlines for pizzing on each other at a wake.

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Twenty percent of department disciplined over bar incident

From the News-Press.com's Denes-Husty III (the article has generated quite a debate in the comments section of the News-Press article):

The Cape Coral (FL) Fire Department disciplined 42 firefighters after one urinated on another inside Diamond Billiards Sports Bar & Grill in the Cape on Sept. 25.

Shane Rackliff, the firefighter who was said to have urinated in public, resigned soon after it happened. The firefighters, who also were seen drinking while in uniform, were at the bar after the funeral of another firefighter, according to Connie Barron, spokeswoman for the fire department.

The firefighters union abided by an agreement that handed out 12-hour suspensions without pay for a battalion chief and 12 lieutenants who were all in supervisory positions, Barron said.

Another 11 engineers received written reprimands in their files and 18 firefighters underwent counseling. The discipline was meted out to individual firefighters based on the level of responsibility they have within the department, Barron said. There are 204 firefighters in the department.

“We believe the discipline was both appropriate and reasonable,” Barron said.

She said city management based the punishment on the incident as a whole instead of on any individual acts.

Dawn White, one of the managers of Diamond Billiards, said four managers and two owners of the pool hall were working Sept. 25, but they didn’t witness the incident.
“For the most part, they acted like gentlemen,” White said. “They weren’t loud, they weren’t cursing. I’d have them back here any day of the week.”

But an e-mail describing the incident was sent to the city manager’s office Sept. 26, Barron said. Cape Coral resident Ralf Vidal wrote he was at the pool hall with his family, and a relative told him a firefighter had urinated in public.

The e-mail also described several firefighters drinking in uniform, Barron said. Vidal could not be reached for comment.

“We take these incidents very seriously. It was definitely our responsibility to gather all the facts and take the appropriate action,” Barron said.

Other city officials agreed.

“I think the discipline was appropriate. They should have known better. They were in uniform. They got what they deserved,” said Councilman Bill Deile.

Councilman Tim Day said he supports city management’s decision.

“I want to put this thing behind us,” he said.

Fire Chief Bill Van Helden also agreed on the disciplinary actions, Barron said.

Lt. Mark Muerth, the fire department’s union representative, said “my initial reaction after reading the e-mail was one of utter disappointment and embarrassment.”

Muerth received a 12-hour suspension without pay after the episode.

http://www.news-press.com/article/20081108/NEWS0101/81108001/1075
“A single act of indecency was committed, and both the management and the union worked quickly and deliberately to address this allegation,” Muerth said.

08-21-2009, 03:38 AM
if I said that a few deputies (lcso) were out drinking on their off time and got into a fight at a well known bar, (no one got arrested), but there would be a full blown investigation and the news press would run stories for days.

If it bothers you write the News-Press. Name names, when, and where it happened, and why. The guys at CCPD probably just kept it under their radar and that's why the snooze press missed the scoop. but i'm sure they would love to investigate it.

Or are you fine with them not reporting the CCPD incident and wish they were just as clueless about LCSO's indiscretions too?

Personally i think they're doing a good job of reporting on the LCSO and urge them to step up their game with CCPD too. Because there's plenty to report on there too!

08-21-2009, 03:42 AM
Oh, and stop hating on the News Press. Instead hate on CCPD for covering up their indiscretions so well. They're making you guys at LCSO look bad by comparison. :snicker:

08-21-2009, 01:53 PM
Oh, and stop hating on the News Press. Instead hate on CCPD for covering up their indiscretions so well. They're making you guys at LCSO look bad by comparison. :snicker:

All you friggin' rats need the STFU and mind your own business. If CCPD, or anyone else, got into something and got away with it then good for them! It isn't our business to broadcast it and risk getting someone jammed up. Stop acting like 3rd graders. "Whaaaaa...I got in trouble so I want other people to get in trouble! Whhaaaaa!"

Stop acting like pussies and start acting like cops!