PDA

View Full Version : Looks like we are in union now, great?

08-14-2009, 12:57 PM
Hello fellow Deputies,

It looks like we are in a union, like it or not. According to Mr. Pendergrass's latest Newspress article, he stated that if the Sheriff does not oppose the thirty percent blue card vote, then we don't need to vote again. The Sheriff appears to not be opposing the union, so I guess we are PBA now.

I find this odd, but bad on me for not being better informed.

So what is next? There appears to be no way the union can help our current budget year, no one has stated what the next step is.

I would like to see what our bargaining position is, although the County Commissioners are already going on record saying they are not thrilled with our new union. Now that could be good or very bad. Before the zealots start screaming about arbitration, County coffers and what not; know that our Commissioners have one thing on their collective minds; how to make deals to make themselves more empowered, monetarily or otherwise.

I am afraid we will be facing a very real challenge when arbitrating with these less than honest politicians.

So, what happens now?

08-14-2009, 03:48 PM
It's time for you scabs to get off the fence and join this union 100%.
It's time for the administration's buttkisser boys to tell the bosses to F%^& off.
It's time to tell the community to screw off until LCSO is paid properly.
It's time to for you people to help the real cops run this like the agencies back north that believe in brotherhood and union working conditions.

08-14-2009, 04:15 PM
Look at this they are already posting counter information; and bad mouthing, keep it up car #1.

08-14-2009, 05:28 PM
It's time for the administration's buttkisser boys to tell the bosses to F%^& off.
It's time to for you people to help the real cops run this like the agencies back north that believe in brotherhood and union working conditions.

Ever since the News press linked this forum, more and more "fake" posts have been posted.

No one at the LCSO feels this way, at least no one with any time on. Your second and third posts prove you are not LEO.

It would nice to have an LEO forum, that non LEO's couldn't access.

Back on topic, without the New press posters, what do we have to do next? Who are our new "PBA Leaders?"

08-14-2009, 09:06 PM

Ever since the News press linked this forum, more and more "fake" posts have been posted.

No one at the LCSO feels this way, at least no one with any time on. Your second and third posts prove you are not LEO.

It would nice to have an LEO forum, that non LEO's couldn't access.

Back on topic, without the New press posters, what do we have to do next? Who are our new "PBA Leaders?"

Now you want to marginalize anyone who supports worker's rights!
NEWSFLASH: You can throw away your kneepads now because the union will make promotions and transfers fair for once!

08-14-2009, 09:51 PM
No,

I am saying that you are not LEO, but are trolling these forums.

Workers rights? What are you Stalin? What rights are the PBA going to enchant you with Tinkerbell?

Step plan raises? paid overtime? six weeks off a year? Yeah, good luck with that. I guess Walmart has low standards.

Screw the citizens of Lee County you say, great way to represent. Is that how you act towards the public on duty?

The only rights you have are the ones you earn, nothing will be given to you. If you are LEO, which is apparent that you are not, you complete disrespect for the Office would be astonishing.

I have yet to see one idea from Mr. Pendergrass or the PBA, but his veracious lackeys pop up everywhere. Well good for you, and keep representing the LCSO with your profound statements. May your I.P. address always remain secret....because there is no way to ever trace it.....

08-14-2009, 11:33 PM
Believe me, the FOP has been contacted and has done nothing. We have spoken to Hastings, and the only way the FOP was going to come out to us, was if we had a core membership.
They wanted us to do the blue card vote and after we did get 30%, they would agree to assist us. They expected us to be paying dues at the tune of $30 a month while this was occurring.
Now, that the 40% has been achieved and they are wanting to get involved?

Furthermore Lodge 33 (CCPD LODGE) of the FOP was contacted on four occasions with no response. The emails proving this have been saved. A few of the reps from CCPD were suppose to contact us two months ago with no response. They have made no attempt to get close to us. Thus, the PBA was contacted an they have been making contact with membership ever since.

08-15-2009, 02:38 AM
Guys and girls there is still one more vote to go to contract. After that the contract is negotiated. Go to the meeting. Get the facts.

08-15-2009, 12:33 PM
Guys and girls there is still one more vote to go to contract. After that the contract is negotiated. Go to the meeting. Get the facts.

According to what Mr. Pendergrass stated to the Newspress, if Sheriff Scott did not oppose the union (and he isn't) the second vote is void. I was surprised at this, he could be in error.

08-15-2009, 05:18 PM

Nice. Why exactly did you get into law enforcement? Surely wasn't to help people. YOU are scary.

08-15-2009, 11:58 PM

Nice. Why exactly did you get into law enforcement? Surely wasn't to help people. YOU are scary.
SCAB ALERT!
Every time a union is brought in to fix things there is always a group of scabs who look to capitalize. The scabs make a career out of bashing the union to look like hotshots to the administration. They make the union like the boogeyman and bash it all day and all night in the country club!

08-19-2009, 11:14 AM
pba pba pba