PDA

View Full Version : Too funny!

08-13-2009, 10:07 PM
I just took a moment to read Mike Scott's "about me" page on the LCSO website, wow! Can he walk on water too? :snicker:

No wonder his head is so fat....

When Mike Scott took charge of the Lee County Sheriff’s Office in 2004, he became just the 12th person to oversee the agency since 1887. Re-elected by large margins in the Primary and General Elections of 2008, Sheriff Scott continues to lead by example. You will find him in uniform nearly 100% of the time and his transportation of choice is the Crown Victoria like everyone else. Sheriff Scott makes regular visits to the correctional facilities and rolls as back-up when time permits…he believes in management by walking around and frequently reminds agency members that the top banana is supported by the bunch. His tireless involvement in community events is notable.

Scott’s efforts and integrity have earned him local admiration and statewide recognition. Florida’s Sheriffs elected Scott to the Florida Sheriff’s Association Board of Directors. He and two other Sheriffs will represent 17 South Florida counties. In addition, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement appointed Scott to co-chair the nine-county S.W. Florida Regional Domestic Security Task Force.

Locally, the Children’s Home Society presented Scott the 2006 Safe At Home Award for his efforts to keep all children safe in Lee County. In his first year in office, the Florida Crime Prevention Association awarded him the President’s Award…the highest honor given to any Chief or Sheriff in Florida for his or her progressive actions in the area of crime prevention.

Sheriff Scott’s first experience with law enforcement came in 1986 as a probation officer. He joined the Lee County Sheriff’s Office in 1988 and resigned in 2003 to run for Sheriff, defeating the then incumbent in a landslide win.

The 1981 North Fort Myers High graduate and third generation native of Lee County has seen many changes over the years. His family’s local roots date back to 1910 and Scott, 46, still lives in North Fort Myers with his wife Krista (21 years married) and daughters Lindsay and Mackenzie.

Record growth has enabled the Sheriff’s Office to increase its resources and enhance service to the community; however, that record growth has also taxed the county’s infrastructure. Sweeping tax cuts and an economic downturn now present extra considerations moving forward. Sheriff Mike Scott is prepared for the challenges ahead and is always quick to promote the agency and its members’ performance. “I am the coach in the dugout, and I fully realize the importance of the players on the field…if they don’t make the plays, we lose.” “Fortunately, I have a team loaded with all-stars.

08-14-2009, 04:35 AM
Fortunately Mike has a team loaded with all-stars! Unfortunately, the team has a coach who never played the game,makes bad calls that reflect on the players, then blames the team for its losses! :devil: