PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Academy

08-13-2009, 07:30 PM
Please someone tell me this is not true....deputies at the Eagle Academy are getting an extra 5% pay for working out there. Also that road deputies have to respond there to take reports....if so out of control and unbelieveable. Road deputies making less and taking their reports. Please again a bad rumor and no truth.

08-14-2009, 12:56 AM
That's just the tip of the iceberg. Go back to when the Corrections Sergeants were made LE Sergeants and allowed to be transferred to the RP Division without having a single days experience as a RP deputy. [Deleted] When the agency found out that Corrections deputies could not participate in this particular program because the Eagle Aademy attendees were not in-custody inmates; the program had to be transferred over to LE. This is how people got promoted directly to LT and Sgt. Nothing is going to be done. The program sucks over 1 million out of our budget wasting man power that sit around during summer doing nothing. WIth the shortages at the districts, you would think that these special jobs and the perks would be eliminated.

MOD 582 Writes: Deletions are made for violations of the Terms of Use.

08-14-2009, 02:56 AM
It seems many things get deleted from the various topics.......If you feel your stuff is being deleted without violating the TERMS OF USE, send a note to MOD1 and talk to him about it. Personally, I think this MOD over-steps himself frequently and the only way we are going to get him reined-in to to compalin to his boss......MOD 1. Dont worry about one of our modedrators being able to find out who you are and start telling higher-ups who you are......the MODs dont have that kind of access to find out who you are.

08-14-2009, 11:13 AM
I want to make a couple of comments about the Eagle. It may have been messed up in the past when it opened. I also get and know its screwed up that there are Sgt's in the past who did not even work the road and became Sgt. I get alot of those things are messed up.
I do want to say that now all Deptuies at the Eagle Academy have to go through FTO training on the road before they come to the Eagle. The Eagle is run by the school board schedule..Jan thru June and Aug thru Dec. any breaks holidays sspring breaks and summer when the Eagle is closed...the Deputies work the road. One post on here says the Deputies sit around all sumer and do nothing..absolutley untrue. If you have time and want to take vacation the summer is the time to do it. But pretty much most of the Deputies, worked Dist 5 and 13 all summer long. They are Deptuies like any other deputies. Yes they get 5%..they made it a specialized unit because of the boot camp drill instructor school Deputies had to go to. I am sure there are other reasons..I may not agree with it but if you want go work out there yourself get the 5 % the take home cars and help make a difference in the life of a child.

That program is NOT a waste of taxpayers money...it has a huge sucess rate. If one kid turns their life around because of that program then great. Sure there can be other ways of doing things out there, but its a great program and the Deptuies out there are there cause they choose to be. I commend them. Being a Deputy is not just about locking people up and humping calls. Oh and its stupid that the eagle deputies cannot take their own calls..THY HAVE ASKED THE SAME QUESTION!! Hey let us take calls..I still do not understand why they cant.

08-14-2009, 02:19 PM
Yes a good program, but with a 2 million budget the drill instructors do NOT have to be sworn ,high risk deputies. They should be on the road and civilian drills could take their place, with big cost savings.

08-14-2009, 10:38 PM
What is the recidivism rate of the students at the Eagle Academy?

08-15-2009, 01:32 AM
What is the recidivism rate of the students at the Eagle Academy?
I was conducting a felony traffic stop one day and a deputy on his way home stopped for 94. I didn't get a chance to see who it was but I heard "Ma'am, I got it over here." After bad guy was secured and I got a chance to thank the off duty unit, I realized it was one of my old recruits from the Eagle. He still calls me "Ma'am". By the way, you don't have to do that anymore. It makes me feel old.
After they graduate the program, they are tracked by their counselors for another few months. There was always a long list of kids who wanted to come back. There are more success stories than not from the program. It is the most expensive unit to operate, however it is needed. I left with a bad taste in my mouth and the fact that they now get an extra 5% and a take home car pisses me off. However, I would rather work my road shift than 1 more full 12 hours with 90-100 kids. No, drills don't take reports that's what the road does. They are too busy being a drill, mommy/daddy, therapist, teacher, nurse, and role model. If you have never worked there you should be hesitant to slam them. They deserve what they get.
Even though they no longer have to go to Ft. Lost-in-the-woods for training. Babies :snicker:

08-15-2009, 11:08 AM
That last comment seemed like a compliment..and put down all in one! lol

08-16-2009, 08:56 PM
One example of a successful Eagle recruit - David Clowney, Virginia Tech football player, just drafted by the New York Jets, did 3 semesters at Eagle. Stated in a Post interview that he would have been dead or in prison if it wasn't for the Eagle Academy.