PDA

View Full Version : civil service board

hardtothecore
08-12-2009, 11:41 PM
I heard from several people that all a union does is keep people the should be getting fired. That they act as some type of lawyer in an offical hearing. Don't we already have that now with the civil service board? Several of them have been overturned lately. You can ask to be questioned with your lawyer present if you choose. And lastly, if you keep to doing what you should be doing, you shouldnt ever need to hide behind a lawyer or a union. If you mess up, apologize, take your licks and most likely you will be fine. I mean lets be real, the sheriff is not going to fire annyone that is doing there job, and is a hard worker without a huge ego. That seems to be the real problem these days, you have several people in command that love those ego trips and forgot how to work with and deal with fellow employees. They just want to monday morning quarterback every last thing you do. Mark my words, no union is going to get rid of that.

Good suggestions are always welcome, the biggest and best ides always come smallest of pay checks.

my suggestion would be to really analize who is going to be placed on these civil service boards.

08-15-2009, 01:36 AM
Any suggestions on who should be on the board?