PDA

View Full Version : blur jeans

08-05-2009, 02:07 PM
I get the jeans friday thing,,, but what i dont get is when did detectives get the idea that they can come to calls in jeans tac pants ball caps that are not pcso hats and tennis shoes

08-06-2009, 01:08 AM
Are you talking about call out or regular duty. I don't care either way how they show up as long as they show up. When I need a detective to respond I want them the asap. I would rather them come in jeans and a wife beater then have to wait on them to go home and change, just to come out and get information from the deputies. I like the tac pants also I think it gives a good impression when they show up ready to get to work.

08-06-2009, 06:54 PM
what happend to looking the part of a detective,(professional) instead of here i is,,, i a dectective from poke county,,,,, if they are coming out from reg duty they are already to be in business attire,,, but on call out it takes just as long to put on a pair of nicer pants and shirt as it does jeans and a pull over shirt and tennis shoes,,, and i dont mean a coat and tie.. just nice docker type pants and a nice shirt and shoes

08-09-2009, 04:39 PM
The tread towards having a bone with what everybody else maybe doing or not doing is getting a little old.

Definitions anyone:
Professionalism- the conduct, aims, or qualities that characterize or mark a profession or a professional person.
Profession- a calling requiring specialized knowledge and often long and intensive academic preparation b : a principal calling, vocation, or employment c : the whole body of persons engaged in a calling.
Appearance-the state, condition, manner, or style in which a person or object appears outward look or aspect.

Now, I know everyone should look the part, but really are you worried about appearances enough to create a post on a public web site. Never mind I know the answer. I really would like to know, if the original poster has ever pointed out to a Detective, if the detective's appearance was less then what the original poster thought of as "appropriate"? I am curious how that conversation would go.

Further, if there are to be fashion inspectors (like AI needs more work), then lets remember haircuts, body and mouth ornamentations, uniform brass placement, cell phone ear puds, clean and pressed uniforms, and my favor door cards hanging on your greens; really that looks professional. FYI-just, because one is wearing a suit and tie does not make their appearance appropriate. I have seen some who have appeared in court with pins, rings, earrings, and my favor the giant gold marlin medallion, which did not present anything close to an appropriate appearance.

Then again, the eye of the beholder I believe is the saying.
A YoungLion