PDA

View Full Version : Presence

08-02-2009, 12:30 PM
Hello all, I work for Hillsborough Community College Department of Public Safety in Plant City, and was just wondering if you could help us out a little. We have 1 PSO and 1 contract guard each shift on nights and weekends, and was just wondering if we could get some of you to possibly stop by from time to time if we are in your zone (e.g. - restrooms, write a report, work traffic, etc.) to give a law enforcement presence near (by ATM/ gravel parking), or on campus. We may also be able to share pertinant information at times. It would really help us out, and we would greatly appreciate it.

It probably seems like we dont do much, but the fire panels and alarms are antiques we have to constantly monitor, while taking phone calls, calls for service, check buildings, etc.

Long story short, we would REALLY appreciate it.

Thanks for your time,

08-03-2009, 02:12 PM
Thought that was your job?

08-04-2009, 01:00 AM
Hey Moron, believe it or not that is your job as well. As a public servant we should jump at the chance to help a brother out. Why not make a contact and have a liason instead of the bad blood we are used to having with the citizens and businesses?

08-04-2009, 04:37 PM
HCC42

Remember that not all people who post on this site are law enforcement officers much less anyone from PCPD so dont think there is a problem because of a single post. If you need help we will respond. We are short-staffed and very busy right now so we might not be able to come and sit on campus as much as you would like but we do what we can when we can.

Be safe.

08-08-2009, 08:24 AM
I say they hire us for off duty instead!

08-08-2009, 10:48 AM
I say they hire us for off duty instead!

I hope you dont work for PCPD making that idiotic statement. HCC hires us almost every weekend when they have an event. The jobs are usually 8 or 9 hours long. Lets not p*ss off one of our reliable sources of off duty with stupid comments. All the security guard asked is to see a patrol car drive by area every now and then or someone to sit in one of the parking lots when you have a report to type. He is not asking for anything ridiculous so dont get carried away.