PDA

View Full Version : No-Confidence in Sheriff

08-01-2009, 11:37 PM
I am seeing a lot of negative, "behind-the-scenes" things about MS. The Hatch Act. This NCIC/FCIC thing that was, is, or was not filed, all of these allegations about a convicted felon, and now a mention of a head of a drug cartel???

What is going on over there?

Who is **** Spence? Who is the felon? (is it Spence?) Who is the drug cartel guy? If you know something, please put it out here.

And if this is true, who investigates a Sheriff?

And what does all of this have to do with the Ferrantes?

Anyone care to comment?

08-01-2009, 11:41 PM
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2009 4:14 PM
To: Scott, Mike; King, Larry; Sheehan, John
Subject: Questions for Sheriff Scott

Why did you decide to share your thoughts on a local columnist with so many media and other public safety organizations?

When you referred to the columnist "inviting everyone for a beer" ... what did you mean? Were you making a comparison to the Cambridge race case involving the President?

What did you hope to achieve by sending the email to so much of the media?

The nature of comments might appear to have a personal tone some. What do you think?

We've not seen communication like this from you (what appear to be commentary) being sent out to all media and other public safety groups. Is this what citizens can expect in the future?

Do you think these kinds of messages are in the best interest of public safety?

Is there a message you want to get to citizens - that you think the media is not bringing?

You promised voters during the campaign "the days of disgraceful headlines for the sheriff's office are over." Your office has been making headlines for controversy (the Hatch investigation, the Ferrante departures and now this.) What would you say to voters who may've expected something different?

Thank you so much for your time. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Justine Waldman
Fox 4 News - In Your Corner
jwaldman@fox4now.com

Sent: Thu 30-Jul-09 5:00 PM
Subject: RE: Questions for Sheriff Scott

Frankly, I am shocked by some of your questions. The e-mails yesterday were most certainly intended to make my feelings known to the media in general that trumped up and bogus stories like Sam's will not go without response from our agency. His garbage was an obvious attempt to parallel the Gates v Cambridge fiasco. The "race card" was played by our President as well and despite the fact that it has caused great concern across our nation, the Newsless-Press felt compelled to stir that nonsense here in Lee County...truly a sad, cheap shot.

Your final paragraph and question is pretty shallow Justine. Our agency is comprised of more than 1,500 people and the very small percentage of those (like the Ferrantes) that generate negative headlines do so of their own volition. The headlines we generate are nearly always positive and aside from the Obama flack which is debatable, I have enjoyed favorable reviews, ie. the most recent Governor's appointment.

Most importantly, my average margin of victory in three (3) consecutive elections is 75% which tells me that a great majority of my constituents don't share the doom and gloom you suggest.

Bottom line is this...I am not sure about the key to success...but I am sure that the key to failure is trying to please everyone.

Best regards,
MikeDoorways need to be enlarged at the House of Scott
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Report this postReply with quoteRe: Scott violated the Hatch Act
by Guest on 08/01/09 08:08:01

It's hard to believe that the chief law enforcement officer in our county uses this kind of tone with anyone. It's unprofessional and childish and demonstrates his lack of maturity and poor judgment.Guest
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Report this postReply with quoteRe: Scott violated the Hatch Act
by Inquiring minds on 08/01/09 08:08:47

What's the Sheriff's Office Position on associating with Felons?
Is it acceptable to take campaign donations from Felons?
Not just any felon, the leader of a cartel. Inquiring minds
T

08-02-2009, 12:20 AM
Google "Harvey Weinig", Clinton pardoned him so there's tons of detail.
Other key words; Cali cartel, kidnapping, money laundering, time period was 1994 and 1995.
Should get you intel on Spence BUT
Skeletons Fall Out of the Closet — One Bone at a Time. :evil: :evil: :evil:
:arrow:
I smell da Ferrantes meaty fingers on dis! :devil: :devil: :devil:

strike3
08-02-2009, 01:13 PM
A local small businessman, former firefighter, with a small town grocery store supports the sheriff and becomes a place where residents and officers congretate. Local small businessman becomes the victim of a violent armed robbery and officers solve the crime and people go to prison. Businessman/victim supports the sheriff.

Turns out years ago, up north, the businessman was working with a lawyer who was laundering money for a drug cartel. The group got busted, businessman cooperated and assisted the Feds and paid the price for his crimes. Lawyer who led the group got a pardon from President Clinton for all of his conduct that was much worse than local small businessman.

Local former ranking officers find out about situation but recognize that local small businessman has paid the price for his activity and actually ended by working with the Feds to make reparations for his conduct. Local former ranking officers take no action since even President Clinton pardoned worse conduct in the case. Local former ranking officers leave the department and are not happy so start looking for situations that can be shaped to look bad. Local former ranking officers look at local small businessman and try to make it more than it is.

Depending on the headlines the media chooses it can make good reading. The only question is will the media give the story an honest reporting or sensationalize it? I know what I would put odds on....especially if Sam Cook is involved.

08-02-2009, 01:28 PM
Scotts' gonna get what he gives from the media.
Spence is woefully being swept up in the pizzing match.

Sam, chill my stein please and I prefer hot hors d-vores over bar mix. :lol:

08-02-2009, 08:50 PM
That was pretty detailed information, Strike 3. But it all sounds positive. Are you really MS?

And I must ask, everything I have read so far has been negative. Why the positive spin now? Or is there more?

And on the post, "Job Searcharooni", somone referred to as the sponge was supposed to make a Sunday headline. Is this in reference to **** Spence?

Who is the sponge? Why is that person a sponge?

There is a lot of information under Weigman hit. I was amazed. And this Spence really supported our Sheriff? Is this legal?

08-02-2009, 11:24 PM
obviously the snoops or media are amongst us.
I'll share the tribute to the Dom
http://spongedom.blogspot.com

as to S3, Spence made donations to more then just Scott and its a shame this is getting vetted 4 years late. The charges against Spence weren't minor offenses but he served his time so live and let live, but don"t pizzz down my back and tell me its raining either.

http://news.findlaw.com/hdocs/docs/clinton/pardonrpt/ch5031302hcgrcprdrpt.pdf
http://bulk.resource.org/gpo.gov/reports/107/hr454v2.107.txt

strike3
08-02-2009, 11:49 PM
No way am I MS. I wouldn't take the job if it was given to me with double the salary. I never suggested that anything Spence did was anything less than reprehensible. But, as you said, he paid the price. If having a criminal record precludes a person from talking to any elected official, contributing to a campaign, or doing anything else in this community then a lot of people who are currently active in the community better sit down and back off. Ever hear of Brother James...check his record. Ever look up Sam Cook? Oh, never mind, that isn't his real name. Check his record...and he is given the power of the press to sling his mud.

Show me something current, recent, or even close to either of anything improper, illegal, or immoral on which I can form an opinion. Don't keep rehashing history! Next we'll be talking about the "house" in NFM, the dirt road friendly poker games, spousal midnight trips to Naples, and cars parked down the street from condos.

Has Spence done anything illegal, immoral, or improper at the market? Has the Sheriff done anything illegal, immoral, or improper in conspiracy with Spence? If so, where are the facts? Don't count on the News-Press to do anything more than try to sell papers!

08-03-2009, 05:15 AM
obviously the snoops or media are amongst us.
I'll share the tribute to the Dom
http://spongedom.blogspot.com

as to S3, Spence made donations to more then just Scott and its a shame this is getting vetted 4 years late. The charges against Spence weren't minor offenses but he served his time so live and let live, but don"t pizzz down my back and tell me its raining either.

http://news.findlaw.com/hdocs/docs/clinton/pardonrpt/ch5031302hcgrcprdrpt.pdf
http://bulk.resource.org/gpo.gov/reports/107/hr454v2.107.txt

Thanks for posting the Dom tribute! Spence served his time and is a changed man! Live and let live! Doms crimes of arrogance were far worse, and could never be forgiven! After all the bad press the LCSO has received of late, this spongeblog is sure to silence the snoops(citizens of lee county) and the media! :roll:

08-03-2009, 08:41 AM
Here is a fair question. Did Spence receive a pardon?

See, if it is wrong for a deputy sheriff to associate with felons (which I understand that is a common reason for applicants to be turned down - a family member is a felon), then why is it that the very person whom all deputies derive their power from not held to the same level of accountability?

And even so, does your operations manual permit one to cavort with a felon even though he or she has received a pardon?

Maybe this Sheriff has something to hide. Or maybe his arrogance is eclipsing the truth behind this all.

Maybe, one bone at a time, the skeleton will come out so that we might all gaze upon it and make our own unbiased decision. I just wish that all of this hinting about would cease and someone grow a pair and do it. Bring it out from these "behind the scenes" forums and into the eye of the public.

By the way, here is another fair question - who investigates a sheriff for ethics violations or criminal misconduct? Anyone check to see if the sheriff is registered with this investigating body?

08-03-2009, 12:57 PM
Blah blah blah
no Spence served time, the atty Weinig got pardon.

Abbreviated version (http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/2000/11/23/2000-11-23_a_bogus_fdny_pension_is_repa.html)
Spence pleaded guilty in 1995 to six felony counts of wire fraud, extortion and conspiracy in a scheme to launder more than $100 million in drug money for the Cali cartel. As part of his plea, Spence surrendered more than $2 million in assets, including $200,000 in a Citibank account, $1.2 million in a trust account in Canada, $37,000 in a brokerage account, interest in a fuel company, property in the Bronx and Queens, a Mercedes 560SEL and a Nissan 300ZX.

While were letting the air out of the flea circus tent, Spence also pleaded guilty to defrauding the pension system by filing false claims to make it appear as if he had suffered ankle injuries on duty in 1986. For nearly 10 years, Spence collected $29,484 a year, tax-free, in disability checks. City officials recovered $362,423. The recovered money was among Spence's property seized by federal authorities as part of a narcotics-trafficking case against him. Spence continues to collect a $14,550 taxable disability pension from the Fire Department.

Spence and Scott being on friendly terms doesn't twist me up, especially considering Spence has a business that people frequent to buy food for gawd sakes. Should Scott run NCIC check on every clerk he buys a soda from at 7-11?

Chawee and Sponge ya'll need to get on with life...use Spence as an example of how to turn your life around

08-03-2009, 02:00 PM
having been with the SO for 23 years under four Sheriffs, i can say with absolute that Mike Scott has been the best Sheriff in my career. it is a shame that he has had to put up with all the bs. Mike you still have the support of the troops keep up the good job.

08-03-2009, 02:15 PM
having been with the SO for 23 years under four Sheriffs, i can say with absolute that Mike Scott has been the best Sheriff in my career. it is a shame that he has had to put up with all the bs. Mike you still have the support of the troops keep up the good job.

Keep dropping his balls in your mouth, grandpa. I'm sure he appreciates the soothing affect your saliva has on them.

08-03-2009, 04:28 PM

Keep dropping his balls in your mouth, grandpa. I'm sure he appreciates the soothing affect your saliva has on them.

What a thought provoking response. Obviously you are very educated. Your mother must be very proud of you.

08-04-2009, 06:41 AM

Frankly,I agree! Frankly, It is a shame that our Sheriff has to put up with all this BS! I mean we are so fortunate to have a sample of a perfect human being as our leader,and yet the public, and the media continue to try attaching a negative lable to him! Its the same tactics they used on Micheal Jackson! First it was MJ now its MS! Geez! Anyway, dont you worry about the publics opinion Boss,you still have the support of the troops!

08-04-2009, 11:52 AM

What a thought provoking response. Obviously you are very educated. Your mother must be very proud of you.

Your dad isn't very proud of you taking time out of your day to kiss your bosses ass on an internet post. For the record, I am very educated. I have a degree from Impac.

08-04-2009, 10:33 PM
**** muncher,

you have a degree from IMPAC university? Wow! Did it come with a toy for a girl or a boy?

Obese ass, non educated, IMPAC internet college, former bottom line dance'in, sword swallowin, pillow biter!

Would you like to have a spelling contest, uneducated peasant!

08-05-2009, 04:16 PM
**** muncher,

you have a degree from IMPAC university? Wow! Did it come with a toy for a girl or a boy?

Obese ass, non educated, IMPAC internet college, former bottom line dance'in, sword swallowin, pillow biter!

Would you like to have a spelling contest, uneducated peasant!

Whatever fag.

08-07-2009, 01:11 PM
Fact: A union couldn't get started under any other administration BUT it's pretty much a sure thing now.
Fact: Everyone from deputy to major is scared for thier jobs and never seen the backstabbing that occurs in the agency
Fact: There has never been this amount of fear and intimidation by a SHERIFF. The WHOLE agency talks about it

I'd give anything to have McDougall or Shoap back - At least you knew where they stood and had job security and stability. No raise for 3 YEARS! The troops NEVER had it this bad

Dont care about the politics - just the facts

08-07-2009, 02:10 PM
if there is a no confidence in this sheriff, I would look into starting a petition to the county commissioners and then to the Lt. Governor. This could be considered a threat to public safety if this continues as employees are scared to do their jobs and fight crime. Citizens are at risk due to this situation. Is it going to take someone (Deputy or citizen) getting hurt because they are scared to lose their job, especially in this ecomony.

08-07-2009, 07:13 PM
Fact: A union couldn't get started under any other administration BUT it's pretty much a sure thing now.
Fact: Everyone from deputy to major is scared for thier jobs and never seen the backstabbing that occurs in the agency
Fact: There has never been this amount of fear and intimidation by a SHERIFF. The WHOLE agency talks about it

I'd give anything to have McDougall or Shoap back - At least you knew where they stood and had job security and stability. No raise for 3 YEARS! The troops NEVER had it this bad

Dont care about the politics - just the facts

Really? seriously? you got 138 votes out of more than 400. A sure thing, well if that's what you call it.

FACT The PBA has agreed to lay off Officers in FMPD, hiow would your family take being sold out by Cecil?

FACT The PBA has no bargaining power 0 with the Lee County Commissioners right now, they are laying off Firemen and teachers

FACT I will fight the PBA and encourage everyone I know to do the same (the 260ish votes that you didn't get) until they come clean with what they have planned, how to pay for all of these dream pay increases and mandatory overtime paid days.

FACT CECIL is a worm, with his own agenda, ask ANYONE at FMPD, ANYONE!

08-08-2009, 05:09 PM
I am not for a union however, If a union is what 50 +1 wants, then it is what it is. The only suggestion I have is don't limit ourselves to the PBA. I have not heard good things about them and especially the local representation one would get. I would recommend we look at the FOP then. Give them a shot at representation before any vote were to happen. Hear what they have to offer first. We need the opportunity to make informed decisions after hearing from both.

08-12-2009, 02:23 AM
I think that the Scott is a bum rapper. I mean it. Homo that he is.