PDA

View Full Version : Traffic Stops

07-30-2009, 05:05 AM
I was curious to know if your agency conducts any traffic stops (and is able to cite for major violations?), or does any work with traffic? I’m really interested in the agency, was just curious to know. :?:

07-30-2009, 09:45 AM
I was curious to know if your agency conducts any traffic stops (and is able to cite for major violations?), or does any work with traffic? I’m really interested in the agency, was just curious to know. :?:

We mainly only conduct stops on vehicles that fail to stop at our stations. We also stop vehicles that we may get calls from dispatch about being reckless drivers, possible drunk, etc.. No traffic as far as speeding, wrecks, etc..

07-30-2009, 07:51 PM
We were told leave those reckless drivers to FHP or pass it on to the SO

09-19-2009, 12:57 AM

We mainly only conduct stops on vehicles that fail to stop at our stations. We also stop vehicles that we may get calls from dispatch about being reckless drivers, possible drunk, etc.. No traffic as far as speeding, wrecks, etc..

Thanks

09-19-2009, 07:36 PM
Don't dare run down a reckless driver or try and do real police work!!! Region Captain and the Sarge says if it ain't Ag related pass it on to FHP. No wonder we get no respect!!

09-20-2009, 01:32 AM
Don't dare run down a reckless driver or try and do real police work!!! Region Captain and the Sarge says if it ain't Ag related pass it on to FHP. No wonder we get no respect!!

You must work on I-10, for Cpt. Redman.

09-21-2009, 12:26 PM
Those orders are directly from Liford (yep) and chief Bryan they do not want any police work done here.

09-24-2009, 01:28 AM
That is because most of you don't know how to handle what you catch...... I have never been told I can handle my own thing and on a daily basis get a variety of things... So why don't you think about why the brass don't want people doing things... Maybe because a lot of people make us all look bad when they don't know what they are doing...

09-24-2009, 08:07 AM
Hell watchagot most of them don't even know what milemarker they are at.......Then right in the middle of a chase or a mass signal 4 they jump up with 10-50 on a uhaul........use some sense and then know what you are going to do with it when you get it. If you don't know ....stay your arse on the ramp..remember it is our first priority..... :devil:

09-24-2009, 07:19 PM
Hey whatchagot or chief bryan whichever name you go by on here. you no that you have told all us not to do real police work and stay with the fruit and veggies.

09-28-2009, 02:43 AM
Chief Bryan??
Obviously you DO NOT work for our Department! Go away!

09-28-2009, 02:45 AM
no or know?? You Idiot!!

I Wear The Hat
09-28-2009, 03:35 AM
Would that be a "no" "know"?

09-29-2009, 06:32 PM
Hey yall we KNOW both Liford and Bryan are crap

09-30-2009, 11:19 AM
They are doing the best they can. They should have made Chief Johnsonthe Lt. Col not Bryan because he is to bad tempered and unprofessional. Chief Johnson has been with the department 30 years.

10-02-2009, 01:21 PM
I like the new Chief, he looks you in the eye and doesnt fake like he knows everything like bryan did. I think we should give him a chance because he is reall trying to clean up the mess that uniform is in. Should be very interesting how him and the new LC get along now.

10-03-2009, 12:46 AM
He has alot to clean up. Some of the area brass have really made a mess of things and continue to do so as they are running partially unchecked by Tally. The area brass really make the job harder than it has to be. This department would run it's self without them, all they need to do is sit back and enjoy the ride. Quit making things harder than need be, it can come back and bite you in the arse. Listen up Timmy. Dewayne, and Shawn, your time will come, the three of you could not pour piss out of a boot with pictorial directions.

10-06-2009, 01:17 AM
As it is with all other State agencies; each branch of law enforcement has it's own responsibility and unique forte.
ON 9-28-09 however there was a serious accident with injuries on I-95 and the assistance of Officers Dan Carey adn Dale Cray was much appreciated by FHP.
Thank you and kudos to you both for a job well done in securing the scene and relaying information that proved to be of great benefit.
Keep up the team work guys! THAT'S what Law Enforcement is ALL about.

10-06-2009, 04:15 AM
As it is with all other State agencies; each branch of law enforcement has it's own responsibility and unique forte.
ON 9-28-09 however there was a serious accident with injuries on I-95 and the assistance of Officers Dan Carey adn Dale Cray was much appreciated by FHP.
Thank you and kudos to you both for a job well done in securing the scene and relaying information that proved to be of great benefit.
Keep up the team work guys! THAT'S what Law Enforcement is ALL about.

Agreed. Good post.

10-16-2009, 07:03 PM
I like traffic I think we all do, but use some sense if they are heavy in an accident or there is a chase...try not to make us look stupid by running a uhaul!That's all of have to say about that.!

10-16-2009, 09:23 PM
What's this I hear about ya'll not being able to write a ticket for anything unless you first write them for bypassing.

10-16-2009, 09:42 PM
That is what I have always been told.. not in policy of course but if you don't be prepared to get your arse chewed by the brass.

10-16-2009, 10:06 PM
I guess there is no such thing as officer discretion at the AG. Dept.

10-17-2009, 12:21 AM
Can't charge for bypass either. they want us to stick to our "core mission" but wont let us charge for it just because sojeone has family in a certain position.

10-17-2009, 02:16 AM
I guess there is no such thing as officer discretion at the AG. Dept.

Officer discretion at the Ag. Dept. is basically figuring out if you want to be a LEO whose is labeled a renegade who gets your arse chewed all the time along with being black listed for promotion and any extra's, or if you just want to follow the old roadguard job description and sit on your arse waving trucks by and doing as little as possible while using the connections you and your family have to move up in the ranks while covering up your incompetence as a LEO and attempting to make those subordinate to you look stupid when in fact they are 3-4 times as smart as you and make you fear for your job that you have lied your way into.

Two paths that each must discern for themselves which to take.

10-27-2009, 06:47 AM
when in fact they are 3-4 times as smart as you and make you fear for your job that you have lied your way into.

Two paths that each must discern for themselves which to take.

You forgot the 3rd path. Quit and find another job where there seems to less people who sit around whining and complaining about how crappy their current job is, thinking they are 3-4 times smarter than anyone else.

Same old crap just coming from a different asshole. My way is the only way... because I think I am smarter than you and can see the picture so much clearer.

After a while all of these post read about the same way and say the same thing.

My life is crap because of my stupid bosses.
My stupid bosses make my life crap.
My life is crap because my stupid bosses keep using me and my intellect as flotation devices.
Let me count the ways how my stupid bosses make my life crap.

But yet being 3-4 times smarter you keep letting them use you, if you were half as smart would you not change your current situation, or heck just study politics and smooze your way into the pocket of somebody who is smart and connected.

10-28-2009, 12:32 AM
Most of these morons posting here are just soaking up a state check that could be better spent on a productive employee. One who stays busy and doesn't have time to post on these boards.