PDA

View Full Version : Grappling at the Rosemary substation

07-28-2009, 07:38 PM
We have been having fun grappling at the substation, but I want to make sure anyone who wants to participate has the chance. So, if anyone is interested, get in touch with me, through voicemail, email or whatever. Let me know when is good for you and we will try to set things up accordingly. And make sure you have the waiver signed and notarized.

SG

07-29-2009, 04:21 AM
How about some Karate ?

08-24-2009, 03:16 AM
How about handle some calls instead of wrestling?

08-24-2009, 04:37 AM
How about handle some calls instead of wrestling?
How about we wrestle when we are off, but I guess we could handle some calls if you need help in your zone. What zone is it, and what time frame do you need help? Jeez, try to do nice things for people and this is what you get, huh.

08-27-2009, 01:46 PM
Sure, why not go out there and patrol the streets? We are police officers and paid to do that, not professional fighters.

08-27-2009, 02:50 PM
Hey SG,

I appreciate what you have done. Just remember, no good deed goes unpunished.

08-27-2009, 07:03 PM
Nice job DS

08-27-2009, 10:41 PM
If you have such a problem, why don't you address it face to face instead of being a keyboard warrior. We can even meet at the Rosemary Substation.

08-28-2009, 04:12 AM
Heres the deal.. I was hesitant to make a thread on here because it seems to be a place for people to talk trash to everyone, and remain unknown. I thought, Im just being nice so why would anyone want to bring garbage into the thread. But, as usual, the trash has shown up. If you dont like to grapple, thats fine, but why try to discredit those who do. I dont play golf, but that doesnt mean that I have a problem with people playing golf. And for the people who enjoy playing golf, it doesnt mean they are trying to be professional golfers. They just like to play golf.

Grappling is fun, good excercise, and beneficial for police officers. If you dont agree, thats a shame, but everyone can have their own opinion. But keep it to yourself. The purpose of this thread was to try to include anyone who had or has an interest in training. Thats it.

The offer is still open. If anyone wants to train, let me know, or Skipper KG know.

08-28-2009, 02:27 PM
Heres the deal.. I was hesitant to make a thread on here because it seems to be a place for people to talk trash to everyone, and remain unknown. I thought, Im just being nice so why would anyone want to bring garbage into the thread. But, as usual, the trash has shown up. If you dont like to grapple, thats fine, but why try to discredit those who do. I dont play golf, but that doesnt mean that I have a problem with people playing golf. And for the people who enjoy playing golf, it doesnt mean they are trying to be professional golfers. They just like to play golf.

Grappling is fun, good excercise, and beneficial for police officers. If you dont agree, thats a shame, but everyone can have their own opinion. But keep it to yourself. The purpose of this thread was to try to include anyone who had or has an interest in training. Thats it.

The offer is still open. If anyone wants to train, let me know, or Skipper KG know.

Why is this even a discussion? You should be fired for stealing taxpayer money! You are using a government location to practice your kung fu fantasies! Go pay for a dojo or an octagon or pay for the substation! What if someone gets hurt there? You will sue the SPD for not having better padding on the walls!
Anyone who shows up for the next round of Romper Room should be fired.

08-28-2009, 10:57 PM

Why is this even a discussion? You should be fired for stealing taxpayer money! You are using a government location to practice your kung fu fantasies! Go pay for a dojo or an octagon or pay for the substation! What if someone gets hurt there? You will sue the SPD for not having better padding on the walls!

Why do you hide behind a fake name on the internet? My initials are in every post, and I am the only person at th PD with those initials so it is blatantly clear who I am. So be a man or woman, and stand behind your opinions.

Why do you care??

How is this any different than lifting weights in the weight room? Should everyone who lifts weights there be fired. This is something that the chief approved, the city approved, risk management approved, Lt. RR help get up and running. Because you dont approve, whoever you are, then everyone taking part in the romper room should be fired. You are a moron. I said it, and you know who I am.

I dont know why you are intimidated by the fact that people enjoy wrestling. Does it scare you? Are you afraid of people improving themselves. As far as paying for a dojo, I paid for a dojo for 13 years, and can train at any of the schools in Sarasota or Bradenton any time I want. I also, have mats in my garage. But, we wanted to have a place for cops to train late at night, or a wierd hours, because we work wierd hours. Tough crap that you dont like it. SEAN

08-28-2009, 11:40 PM
ridiculousness, are you serious are is this a joke? If you are serious, you are an idiot. If you have ever been in the weight room (if you know where that is) at lunch, you will see half the DB in there training. If you think it is mystical, you are more that welcome to come try it (off-duty of course) and see for yourself. I feel bad that there are people like you that never want any type of self-improvement. I knew there were, but I never felt they would be compelled to show their ignorance on a public forum. I am sure you are the type that always get to a call second. My offer still stands. If this is a joke, you got me.

08-29-2009, 06:07 AM
You guys are so lucky to have this opportunity to train and learn from SG for free. I used to train in his garage, and he is a top notch teacher. If you dont believe it, go wrestle with him. People pay big bucks to learn these martial arts, and the chance to train in such a small closed environment, with a brown belt in jiu jitsu for free is so cool. I cant believe everyone isnt jumping in on this. I really cant believe people are trash talking this opporunity. Are you all that stupid? We are cops. We may have to fight someone at some point in our career. Why would you not want to be prepared?

Chief Abbott, if you could find it in your heart to allow SSO employees to participate, it would be great. SG, if they can let us train, I guarantee we wouldnt bash what you guys are doing.

jealous Deputy

08-29-2009, 10:57 AM
SG. I told you a long time ago as soon as you excel at something around here you will be trashed by those that are just jealous and can’t do what your doing. It doesn’t matter what it is. Some body will whine and cry because you are making them look bad. Keep up the good work and don’t listen to the malcontents that sit in the sub-station all day or night and just answer their calls.

Old guy from the ole Wolf Pack. You know who I am.

08-29-2009, 01:01 PM

Why do you hide behind a fake name on the internet? My initials are in every post, and I am the only person at th PD with those initials so it is blatantly clear who I am. So be a man or woman, and stand behind your opinions.

Why do you care??

How is this any different than lifting weights in the weight room? Should everyone who lifts weights there be fired. This is something that the chief approved, the city approved, risk management approved, Lt. RR help get up and running. Because you dont approve, whoever you are, then everyone taking part in the romper room should be fired. You are a moron. I said it, and you know who I am.

I dont know why you are intimidated by the fact that people enjoy wrestling. Does it scare you? Are you afraid of people improving themselves. As far as paying for a dojo, I paid for a dojo for 13 years, and can train at any of the schools in Sarasota or Bradenton any time I want. I also, have mats in my garage. But, we wanted to have a place for cops to train late at night, or a wierd hours, because we work wierd hours. Tough crap that you dont like it. SEAN

Well, maybe your weight room example makes a little sense.
Either way, I don't think the community would want their officers becoming more violent and actually training so they could beat people up more. Everyone has seen highlights (lowlights) from the Ultimate Fighting Challenges and nobody wants to see citizens getting that kind of treatment.
It's just not real professional for officers to use such violent tactics and if the citizens find out that their officers are going out of their way to get extra training to be violent they would be unhappy.

08-29-2009, 03:19 PM
I can't believe that there are people like you in this career. You have know idea what it takes to be a cop. This is taught as a SELF-defense. This is taught to make sure we ALL get home at night. It's official, we have become like the S.S.O. on this board. Keep writing you tickets while the good cops make sure the streets are truly safe.

08-29-2009, 06:19 PM

Why do you care??

Well, maybe your weight room example makes a little sense.
Either way, I don't think the community would want their officers becoming more violent and actually training so they could beat people up more. Everyone has seen highlights (lowlights) from the Ultimate Fighting Challenges and nobody wants to see citizens getting that kind of treatment.
It's just not real professional for officers to use such violent tactics and if the citizens find out that their officers are going out of their way to get extra training to be violent they would be unhappy.

I think you have passed judgement on what we are doing before understanding what we are doing. Jiu jitsu translates as the gentle art. It is designed so that a smaller person can control a larger person, and hurt them if need be. But it is more effective for us as cops as a controlling martial art. If you can control a person ad completely wear them out without ever having to strike or harm them in any way, isnt that a good thing? If you get into a real fight and have the options of working to a VNR, from a bunch of different positions, isnt that good? If you end up in a fight for your life, and win, isnt that good? If you merely survive the 3 minutes of fighting, until backup arrives because you have learned how to stay relaxed, and use positions to rest and wait, isnt that good? I still dont know who you are, and I really do invite you to come see what we are doing. None threatening, come see it, try it. You may be surprised. I am not training people to be ultimate fighters, I am training people to stay alive, and go home at the end of the shift. Your theory as to people becoming violent by training is like saying, if you like to go to the range and practice shooting, that you are likely to shoot people. Not the case, but if you get in a shoot situation, you are more likely to come out on top.

I appreciate all the nice words guys, it makes me feel good, because I really love to train with all of you. Now, lets get back to training!!!!!!!!! The vacations over, the Keys is done, lets get sweats back to work. Bas Rutten is bored and lonely, and says KLR cant do 3 rounds.

08-29-2009, 09:24 PM
SG, I'm good for 4 rounds of Bas.. Just say when. By the way, thanks for taking the time to drive in on your off days to train.

08-30-2009, 02:42 PM
S.G. I think the problem with some of these posters goes beyond the training mats of the Rosemary Substation. I think they believe the problem is not so much the wrestling that's done, its that the wrestling is done while on duty, when people should be handling calls, and while there should be dogs on the street, as opposed to having 4 dogs in the department and only 1 working the road. I think people are just taking their frustration and inadvertantly redirected towards the wrestling.

08-30-2009, 06:35 PM
If thats the problem it shouldnt be. My dog and Tims dog have not certified yet, so they can't work the street. Tim doesnt wrestle, and I only wrestle on nights when I am off, or after our day is over. Tripp has never wrestled, and neither has our SGT. So it s only me, on my own time. If anyone from patrol wrestles, it is done on 1010 which is not against any GOs or SOPs. The waiver was actually changed to reprresent that. Those guys have been very diligent in signing out and going 10-8 within 30 minutes. So if this were the problem, it shouldnt be.

I dont think the person who has been trying to insult what we do is interested in this. I think the problem goes deeper.

08-31-2009, 04:30 PM
SG, don't listen to these fools that call you out on here. As you know they are miserable human beings that will jive-talk hiding behind the computer screen.

And SG, why would you even reply to such nonsense? You know that person was either playing with you, or maybe even dumb. And remember, it could be a wannabe cop (civilian) typing on here. Don't worry about it man.....