PDA

View Full Version : FOP Prez throws in the towel

07-28-2009, 12:07 AM
So, our pesident has stepped down, bowed out, moved aside, quit. I can't really say I blame him though. Nobody really wants to be the prez, but whoever takes it also takes all the crap slung at him/her for trying to do what nobody else will. I pays my dues, but that is about it. I have no desire to be a board member and I wish all the luck in the world to whoever takes on the thankless position.

07-28-2009, 02:30 PM
If this is true, "if",I wish him well. He has done a very good job under extremely difficult financial times. The leverage of the FOP is nonexistent with the CC's holding the Sheriff's purse strings. I will not give him grief due to the type of whiny members he had to put up with. The solution to all your rantings is to get involved, make a difference, oh it won't matter? You will not know if you never try.

07-30-2009, 04:49 AM
So, our pesident has stepped down, bowed out, moved aside, quit. I can't really say I blame him though. Nobody really wants to be the prez, but whoever takes it also takes all the crap slung at him/her for trying to do what nobody else will. I pays my dues, but that is about it. I have no desire to be a board member and I wish all the luck in the world to whoever takes on the thankless position.

amen brother.