PDA

View Full Version : NEED ANSWERS

07-27-2009, 02:33 PM
Man...just when u think things are going to be ok...YOUR LIFE TAKES A TURN THAT MAKES U WONDER IF UR GONNA MAKE IT.

Too much to go into but man... I'm looking answers...especially because a buddy of mine said this to me..."WHEN YOU STAND BEFORE GOD, WHAT ANSWER WILL YOU GIVE FOR THE LIFE THAT YOU LIVED?"

I kinda believe in A GOD or something...really dunno...don't know why I'm bothering to post this...my life is a mess and it's not getting any better. If anyone has an answer for some peace in the screwed up world....give a brother a break and let me know.

07-27-2009, 04:24 PM
..."WHEN YOU STAND BEFORE GOD, WHAT ANSWER WILL YOU GIVE FOR THE LIFE THAT YOU LIVED?"

That's a good question bro...a really good question. What answer will I give?...probably easier for me to believe that inner peace and happiness is inside me....take lemons and make lemonade...etc etc. Is there an after-life / life after death, read and heard stuff about folks dying and going to heaven and back and some of the other...scary hell stuff...(SAW SOME ON BOTH SUBJECT ON YOUTUBE.COM)

....does God really exist....probably easier me to believe there is no God and that we aren't accountable for what we do in this life....easier to believe that each person decides what's best for them and that we are at the wheel and decide our own destiny....probably easier to believe that the theory of evolution is true....we die, fade to black, turn into fertilizer.. and it's over.

But what if God is real and there is a heaven and hell....what if we are all going to stand and give an account for everything we've ever done and everything we've ever said...what if even the stuff we thought was a secret is going to be brought out and we're gonna get judged for it? Holy cow! Dunno buddy.....I've heard both sides....one is easier on the conscience than the other.....hope it all works out for you.

07-31-2009, 07:09 PM
Did you find your answer?

If not you need to reach out to someone who can give you the right answers. Try it, I did and it works.

08-01-2009, 08:43 AM
..."WHEN YOU STAND BEFORE GOD, WHAT ANSWER WILL YOU GIVE FOR THE LIFE THAT YOU LIVED?"

My friend...I can see in your post that you're distraught. I feel for you, because many of us at the office are overly burdened lately and it can be difficult to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

The way to get through what you are going through is pretty straightforward. First...go to church and become a Born-Again Christian (if you are not already one). This is of utmost importance. You need God in your life if you are going to get through these hard times. Next...you should try to go to church at least a few times a month. The fellowship you will get there will help strengthen you. Next...try to be the best Christian you can be. Follow the tenets of the bible. READ the bible-there's lots of good stuff in there. Treat others like you want to be treated. It really isn't hard, and you will become happier.

And last...this is what I try to keep in the back of my head when life gets bad: Remember, that there is a Heaven (and Hell), and you will go to Heaven if you are Born Again. When you are in Heaven, all this petty BS you put up with on earth won't mean jack. Whatever supervisory position you held here on earth, however much money you had, how popular you were, etc...it won't mean jack s#it in heaven. What I'm trying to say with this last one is that life on earth is like one big cosmic game. Some of us get lucky and win, over and over, and some of us have hard luck and our earthly life sucks. BUT--at the end of the game, when we die, it doesn't matter whether we won or lost the game. What DOES matter is if we followed the rules and played fairly--no matter how the people around us play the game.

When you stand before God on Judgement Day, make sure you can tell him that you lived your life by his rules. If you can do that, I know in my heart that all will be well. I will pray for you, my friend.

---A Fellow Deputy

08-05-2009, 05:22 AM
The bible says that if you believe in Jesus Christ, that he is the son of God, you will be saved. All you need to do is ask Jesus to come into your heart and forgive you for all of your sins and that you commit your soul and life into his hands.You should really go to church and join a bible study group.You also need to make time for a prayer life with God. It's like spending time talking to the best friend you will ever have.Just tell him everything that is on your mind and in your heart, he already knows all about it anyway.A personal relationship with Christ is the best thing that can ever happen to a human being.You will see, things will turn around.It probably won't be right that day but you will definitely notice and feel a change.Plus you never know what is going to happen when you are on or off duty and it would be great to know you're going to heaven whenever the Lord calls you "home". Good luck and God bless you. My family and I and all our friends will be praying for you.

08-07-2009, 02:18 AM
James 1:19-20
My dear brothers and sisters, always be willing to listen and slow to speak. Do not become angry easily, because anger will not help you live the right kind of life God wants.

Proverbs 16:1, 3
People make plans in their minds, but only the Lord can make them come true. Depend on the Lord in whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.

Romans 12:2
Do not change yourselves to be like the people of this world, but be changed within by a new way of thinking. Then you will be able to decide what God wants for you; you will know what is good and pleasing to Him and what is perfect.

Galatians 6:9
We must not become tired of doing good. We will receive our harvest of eternal life at the right time if we do not give up.

Psalm 138:7
Lord, even when I have trouble all around me, you will keep me alive. When my enemies are angry, you will reach down and save me by your power.

II Corinthians 4:8-9, 16-18
We have troubles all around us, but we are not defeated. We do not know what to do, bur we do not give up the hope of living. We are persecuted, but God does not leave us. We are hurt sometimes, but we are not destroyed...So we do not give up. Our physical body is becoming older and weaker, but our spirit inside us is made new every day. We have small troubles for a while now, but they are helpin us gain an eternal glory that is much greater than the troubles. We set our eyes not on what we see but on what we cannot see...

I Timothy 6:11-12
Live in the right way, serve God, have faith, love, patience, and gentleness. Fight the good fight of faith, grabbing hold of the life that continues forever. You were called to have that life when you confessed the good confession before many witnesses.

Colossians 2:13-14
When you were spiritually dead because of your sins and because you were not free from the power of your sinful self, God made you alive with Christ, and He forgave all your sins. He canceled the debt, which listed all the rules we failed to follow. He took away that record with its rules and nailed it to the cross.

Psalm 91:1-2
Those who go to God Most High for safety will be protected by the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, "You are my place of safety and protection. You are my God and I trust You.

Psalm 138:7
Lord, even when I have trouble all around me, you will keep me alive. When my enemies are angry, you will reach down and save me by your power.

John 14:27
I leave you peace; My peace I give you. I do not give it to you as the world does. So don't let your hearts be troubled or afraid.

Psalm 34:17-18
The Lord hears good people when they cry out to him, and he saves them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted, and He saves those whose spirits have been crushed.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust the Lord with all your heart, and don't depend on your own understanding. Remember the Lord in all you do, and He will give you success.

Ephesians 4:22-24
You were taught to leave your old self - to stop living the evil way you lived before. That old self becomes worse, because people are fooled by the evil things they want to do. But you were taught to be made new in your hearts, to become a new person. That new person is made to be like God - made to be truly good and holy.

THE TRIALS THAT GOD PUTS US THROUGH ARE NEVER TO HEAVY......THEY ARE TESTS OF OUR FAITH.

08-07-2009, 02:21 AM
The bible says that if you believe in Jesus Christ, that he is the son of God, you will be saved. All you need to do is ask Jesus to come into your heart and forgive you for all of your sins and that you commit your soul and life into his hands.You should really go to church and join a bible study group.You also need to make time for a prayer life with God. It's like spending time talking to the best friend you will ever have.Just tell him everything that is on your mind and in your heart, he already knows all about it anyway.A personal relationship with Christ is the best thing that can ever happen to a human being.You will see, things will turn around.It probably won't be right that day but you will definitely notice and feel a change.Plus you never know what is going to happen when you are on or off duty and it would be great to know you're going to heaven whenever the Lord calls you "home". Good luck and God bless you. My family and I and all our friends will be praying for you.
Amen!!! He IS my best friend and has helped me through the toughest of times.
To the distraught officer who started this blog, please seek help. It's scarey to know that you could be my backup in the mental condition you are. Mine and my families prayers are with you bro.

10-24-2009, 02:30 AM
Man...just when u think things are going to be ok...YOUR LIFE TAKES A TURN THAT MAKES U WONDER IF UR GONNA MAKE IT.

Too much to go into but man... I'm looking answers...especially because a buddy of mine said this to me..."WHEN YOU STAND BEFORE GOD, WHAT ANSWER WILL YOU GIVE FOR THE LIFE THAT YOU LIVED?"

I kinda believe in A GOD or something...really dunno...don't know why I'm bothering to post this...my life is a mess and it's not getting any better. If anyone has an answer for some peace in the screwed up world....give a brother a break and let me know..

get help!