PDA

View Full Version : NEED ANSWERS

07-27-2009, 02:20 PM
Man...just when u think things are going to be ok...YOUR LIFE TAKES A TURN THAT MAKES U WONDER IF UR GONNA MAKE IT.

Too much to go into but man... I'm looking answers...especially because a buddy of mine said this to me..."WHEN YOU STAND BEFORE GOD, WHAT ANSWER WILL YOU GIVE FOR THE LIFE THAT YOU LIVED?"

I kinda believe in A GOD or something...really dunno...don't know why I'm bothering to post this...my life is a mess and it's not getting any better. If anyone has an answer for some peace in the screwed up world....give a brother a break and let me know.

07-27-2009, 04:30 PM
..."WHEN YOU STAND BEFORE GOD, WHAT ANSWER WILL YOU GIVE FOR THE LIFE THAT YOU LIVED?"
That's a good question bro...a really good question. What answer will I give?...probably easier for me to believe that inner peace and happiness is inside me....take lemons and make lemonade...etc etc. Is there an after-life / life after death, read and heard stuff about folks dying and going to heaven and back and some of the other...scary hell stuff...(SAW SOME ON BOTH SUBJECT ON YOUTUBE.COM)

....does God really exist....probably easier me to believe there is no God and that we aren't accountable for what we do in this life....easier to believe that each person decides what's best for them and that we are at the wheel and decide our own destiny....probably easier to believe that the theory of evolution is true....we die, fade to black, turn into fertilizer.. and it's over.

But what if God is real and there is a heaven and hell....what if we are all going to stand and give an account for everything we've ever done and everything we've ever said...what if even the stuff we thought was a secret is going to be brought out and we're gonna get judged for it? Holy cow! Dunno buddy.....I've heard both sides....one is easier on the conscience than the other.....hope it all works out for you.

07-27-2009, 05:24 PM
Hey Bro,

If your life is a mess I suggest you see Sgt. Acker, or if that makes you uncomfortable see a therapist. It's confidential and is covered by your health insurance. I don't mean that to be a jerk. I know there are a lot of stresses we must deal with with bills etc... We deal with the scumbags everyday and it can effect your view of people, but just remember we deal with a small percentage of the general public. As far as life after death......there are many many instances where people have reported "out of body" upon clinical death. They seem very credible. I had to deal with my mother passing away and I have had personal experiences that made me believe in the here after. Thats something that you will have to come to terms with in your own way. I'm glad to see you asking for help from your brothers, but the personalities who normally post here will just slam you....try and talk to a real friend.

Stay safe brother and keep you chin up :devil:

07-27-2009, 07:12 PM
Some great responses so far! This job can take away your spirit bro. It will drain you, trash your outlook on mankind in general and separate you real quick from family and "normal" (Non cop) friends. There are many great resources available, some of which were already mentioned. Also, don't forget about the book that used to be handed out in the recruit classes called "Emotional Survival". It can also be found at, you guessed it emotionalsurvival.com

As far as the religious aspect...I have to believe that the warriors of the world are cut a slight break when and if we make it to the gates. If the gates even exist. I'm a bit skeptical myself after the things I've seen over the years....Guess we'll find out huh?

Keep your chin up bro. Especially if it's woman trouble. We can all remember that 1st night alone in the new apartment, staring at the ceiling fan and wondering just where the hell our life is headed now...And then, after some time...things will look up. New woman, new set of problems, maybe kids etc. And we wish we were back in that apartment alone :) It's the cycle of life..Enjoy it, it's short!

07-28-2009, 05:51 PM
Listen bro, a lot of us probably feel like you do right now. Just remember, God only throws at you what you can handle. Even when times are bad, there is reason for it. You don't grow spiritually unless you go through the hard times. Believe me, you more gain more through the tough times than you do through the best of times. Also, you might not believe this but God is always by your side even through the thoughest times in your life.

As for question: The answer is that God doesn't care how many people you arrested or if you were a good employee. God only cares about what kind of person you are and if you have been growing spiritually. The only thing in this world that matters is you, your family, and the people you come in contact with on a daily basis. You treat them right, and live your life to your fullest potential than everything works out right in the end.

On a personal note: I do believe in life after death. I've have seen love ones that past away come back to tell me things of importance. Prior to that, I also would have been doubting it myself.

Just hang in there, things will get better.

07-28-2009, 07:27 PM
The mere fact that you are beginning this quest for answers tells me that you are in a place where you need grounded spiritual guidance. There is so much more to this world and this life than just going through the motions day to day. Look around you, look at the miracle of human life, birth, nature, all of this wasn't a spontaneous event from a single generic one cell animal, this was from God during a divine intervention. He KNOWS YOU and has a plan for YOUR life. You are questioning it now because the time has come for you to find what path to choose and what purpose he intends for you. Yes, there is evil here on earth because man was given the right to choose between good and evil and unfortunately, man often chooses to do evil. God CAN intervene but then he would violate his own rule and he won't do that. He will let man choose his own path even when it hurts for him to watch. We have a choice up to that last moment, that last breath to choose him, IF we get the opportunity, but if it comes from desperation and fear and not love it won't count. YOU, my friend and fellow deputy should consider finding a good reputable Christian counselor to speak to who will be able to be open to your situation, who has probably been where you are, and can guide you confidently toward the right thing to do without being pushy or judgmental.
Until then if you choose that option or not, know this, regardless of what happens and how difficult it becomes, life is a learning opportunity and an adventure; full of mistakes and excitement. Things tend to happen the way they are supposed to even though we don't understand why at the time. It all becomes clear later as the events unfold as they are intended. Do not give up no matter how difficult things become, you will become stronger with every adversity. I wish you the best and I believe you will come through these hard times and find the answer in the right place. Reading the Bible is not a bad thing, but find a good easy to read version, as you just may be surprised at what you find.

07-28-2009, 11:38 PM
u religious freaks kill me,,,babble babble babble,,,the light will help u bullshit,,,,keep this shit to yourselves and enjoy your cult,,,,this is leoaffairs not the cult of christ,,,,i personally sway to the hell pit where its not hotter than florida,,,,

07-29-2009, 01:43 PM
Jesus F**cking Christ are you kidding me?

07-29-2009, 03:29 PM
This whole post sounds like some scientology ad or a college experiment. Total BS

07-29-2009, 10:42 PM
If God existed, sure would be dandy if he stepped up and took responsibility for this lovely world He created... Maybe feed the starving, suffering children or something, as opposed to creating his image on a grilled cheese sandwich.... If he were a person, he'd be arrested for neglect... Easier to just create us with all our faults, pretend we have free will, and then condemn us for our faults that he gave us.. It's a MIRACLE when the towers fall, and 1 guy is spared because he went for Altoids, right? What about the babies in the nursery that weren't spared? Guess it was that orginal sin, eh? This is a LEO sight, kindly keep mythology off of it... create your own destiny, rather than surrender and leave it in the hands of the invisible man.. kthnksbye :roll:

07-29-2009, 10:47 PM
Read "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren. Great book. Helped me during a real rough patch in my life.

07-30-2009, 03:02 AM
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

If you need help look to friends and family. This job is hard and life is getting stressfl so please if you need help please don't be scared to turn to someone other than here.

07-31-2009, 12:24 PM
If you want to find out some ways to relieve the stress your under. Locate a CISM memer and they can help you with that. Sometimes just talking about the problems in your life will help. CISM is TOTALLY confidential. There are no notes taken and nobody knows who we speak to. Brass can't even ask us who we are talking to and about what so Please talk to someone. Life can be stressful during these hard times, but you do have friends that can help.

07-31-2009, 05:07 PM
dddooonnnnnttttt talk to a cism member. there are no secrets in the workplace i assure you. talking to them is like believeing that eap is confidential when they are paid by your employer. total bs. find your false idol and hope he helps. i prefer to say fukk that and engage in carnal pleasures that god prohibits.