PDA

View Full Version : NEED ANSWERS

07-27-2009, 02:18 PM
Man...just when u think things are going to be ok...YOUR LIFE TAKES A TURN THAT MAKES U WONDER IF UR GONNA MAKE IT.

Too much to go into but man... I'm looking answers...especially because a buddy of mine said this to me..."WHEN YOU STAND BEFORE GOD, WHAT ANSWER WILL YOU GIVE FOR THE LIFE THAT YOU LIVED?"

I kinda believe in A GOD or something...really dunno...don't know why I'm bothering to post this...my life is a mess and it's not getting any better. If anyone has an answer for some peace in the screwed up world....give a brother a break and let me know.

07-27-2009, 03:14 PM
I think peace comes from "within" when you find that inner peace life gets better..remember..when life gets tough and the rope gets shorter, tie a knot and hang on..don't ever give up!

07-27-2009, 04:11 PM
..."WHEN YOU STAND BEFORE GOD, WHAT ANSWER WILL YOU GIVE FOR THE LIFE THAT YOU LIVED?"

That's a good question bro...a really good question. What answer will I give?...probably easier for me to believe that inner peace and happiness is inside me....take lemons and make lemonade...etc etc. Is there an after-life / life after death, read and heard stuff about folks dying and going to heaven and back and some of the other...scary hell stuff...(SAW SOME ON BOTH SUBJECT ON YOUTUBE.COM)

....does God really exist....probably easier me to believe there is no God and that we aren't accountable for what we do in this life....easier to believe that each person decides what's best for them and that we are at the wheel and decide our own destiny....probably easier to believe that the theory of evolution is true....we die, fade to black, turn into fertilizer.. and it's over.

But what if God is real and there is a heaven and hell....what if we are all going to stand and give an account for everything we've ever done and everything we've ever said...what if even the stuff we thought was a secret is going to be brought out and we're gonna get judged for it? Holy cow! Dunno buddy.....I've heard both sides....one is easier on the conscience than the other.....hope it all works out for you.

07-28-2009, 03:08 AM
Over 25 years ago a rookie deputy went back to North Florida on vacation. At night I stumbled onto a S-4 head-on involving a DUI that hit a car driven by a w/f with a small 5 YOA daughter. The DUI crawled out with minor injuries, walking wounded. The w/f operator of the car hit head-on would survive. I found the little girl about 30 ft away from her mom's car. I held her in my arms while she bled out through multiple deep gashes in her back. She stared up at me with open eyes and I cried telling her she would be OK and that I was with her till the docter arrives. You could feel the life pour out of her like water from a bucket. In a few minutes her eyes glazed over and she was gone. When the EMTs arrived, they had to kinda pry her from my arms. They used a water jug to wash the blood off of me. I cried and prayed and asked out loud, "Why?". She was about 5 yoa and innocent and did not deserve this. Her mom didn't either. God became really real for me that night because I was told in a small quiet voice that I would not understand now, but later. I have never forgot. Years later after times have been good and bad, just and unjust, I came to realize that God is really for real all the time. Even when it does not seem right. And I answer to Him, even when I screw up. And it is not about me. I thought it was. I wanted it to be. But it isn't.
It is about God. and we are His creation allowed to run loose for the chance to choose right or wrong. His reward and judgement is not now but in and for the future. Eternally. Secure in knowing the maker of all, the rest of the mess takes a 2nd place. Need an answer? You are in the right occupation. Do good. Do what is right in God's eyes.
Leave the baggage behind but learn from it. All of creation sings it's praises to the God who created it. Can we really do less? In His time, the reward will be ours. Just put God first. He IS for real.

07-28-2009, 10:56 AM
"The Final Inspection"
The policeman stood and faced his God,
Which must always come to pass.
He hoped his shoes were shining.
Just as brightly as his brass.
"Step forward now, policeman.
How shall I deal with you?
Have you always turned the other cheek?
To My church have you been true?"
The policeman squared his shoulders and said,
"No, Lord, I guess I ain't,