PDA

View Full Version : NEED ANSWERS

07-27-2009, 02:17 PM
Man...just when u think things are going to be ok...YOUR LIFE TAKES A TURN THAT MAKES U WONDER IF UR GONNA MAKE IT.

Too much to go into but man... I'm looking answers...especially because a buddy of mine said this to me..."WHEN YOU STAND BEFORE GOD, WHAT ANSWER WILL YOU GIVE FOR THE LIFE THAT YOU LIVED?"

I kinda believe in A GOD or something...really dunno...don't know why I'm bothering to post this...my life is a mess and it's not getting any better. If anyone has an answer for some peace in the screwed up world....give a brother a break and let me know.

07-27-2009, 04:25 PM
..."WHEN YOU STAND BEFORE GOD, WHAT ANSWER WILL YOU GIVE FOR THE LIFE THAT YOU LIVED?"

That's a good question bro...a really good question. What answer will I give?...probably easier for me to believe that inner peace and happiness is inside me....take lemons and make lemonade...etc etc. Is there an after-life / life after death, read and heard stuff about folks dying and going to heaven and back and some of the other...scary hell stuff...(SAW SOME ON BOTH SUBJECT ON YOUTUBE.COM)

....does God really exist....probably easier me to believe there is no God and that we aren't accountable for what we do in this life....easier to believe that each person decides what's best for them and that we are at the wheel and decide our own destiny....probably easier to believe that the theory of evolution is true....we die, fade to black, turn into fertilizer.. and it's over.

But what if God is real and there is a heaven and hell....what if we are all going to stand and give an account for everything we've ever done and everything we've ever said...what if even the stuff we thought was a secret is going to be brought out and we're gonna get judged for it? Holy cow! Dunno buddy.....I've heard both sides....one is easier on the conscience than the other.....hope it all works out for you.

08-04-2009, 01:03 PM
Some times when you feel that the world is closing in on you, you need to find a person you trust to talk to. Maybe a pastor or a counselor..Things will get better for you. I've been there myself.

10-08-2009, 02:24 AM
Tough question to deal with. Even tougher when life isn't going so good. But perhaps there is a reason you're facing this now. I've been where you're at, and while I could fill the page with why I was there, what I was dealing with, and what decisions I made, it isn't gonna be of much help to you just in a forum like this. It is still a personal decision and one based purely on faith no matter which way you go. There is no evidence to confirm either side... or so people say. The best thing I can recommend is to pick up a book called "Evidence That Demands a Verdict" and read it all the way through. Then make a decision. Things may still be rough and hard, but you'll be at peace about this issue at least.

10-10-2009, 01:52 AM
There is a God. One God. The creator of all life, not through evolution, but through intelligent design through His will.
We are sinful creatures by nature. Sin is punished only by death. However, instead of us actually having to pay that debt, God sent His one and only Son, to take the sin of the entire world. He then had to be punished for that sin, though He had never sinned. The Son of God died to pay the debt we owed. Therefore we do not have to pay that price and can accept eternal life. All that is necessary is to accept the free gift of salvation from God, our Father. Its really that simple.

I put my name on here because I am a sinner saved by grace through faith. I have accepted the gift of salvation. Ask me about it any time.

Phil Smith
LPD190

10-10-2009, 02:57 AM
I understand where you are at, and I know where you have been too. Get right with God, open your heart let him in, pray, go to church, find someone who cares enough to go with you. I promise if you find your answers it is only because God has led you there. If I knew who you were I would pray for you..I will pray for you regardless, God will know who i am praying for. Listen to your heart and do the right and Godly things and you will never go wrong and will never have to stand before God and explain.

My heart goes out to you...I hope that everything gets better, and we are here for you even if silently..

11-06-2009, 07:08 PM
Take the time to help another in need. You wont have to look for God. God will come to you and the peace you find in those deeds will be the strenght you are looking for.

11-07-2009, 12:03 PM
Dearest Brothers and Sisters,

Anybody can get along with those who are quiet and mild-tempered. It is no great accomplishment to associate with those whom you like, or with those who see things your way. True greatness is proven by getting along with people who are difficult and contrary, or with those who are thoughtless and selfish.

Some live at peace with themselves and with those around them. Some on the other hand, have no peace within themselves, and they seem determined to ruin the peace of others.

You will find peace only if you are willing to bear patiently what you cannot remedy. He who knows how to suffer patiently for Gods sake, will receive His gift of peace. He is master of himself, a friend of Gods and an heir of Heaven.

If troubles come to you, do not let them disturb you. Look to God, and at least give Him the loyalty of being patient with His Will. If human efforts fail to bring a solution to your troubles, it means that He wants you to bear this trial. He wants this for good reasons, which you may not understand just now.

Above all, avoid anger when matters go against your wishes. Let no word of resentment fall from your lips. Give a good example of faith and confidence in God. Let your patience shine before men.

Do not force others to share your troubles by making them feel your impatience, anger or self-pity. Follow His words in these matters, and your present trouble will bring you a joy greater than you can imagine.

Our Lord speaks of meekness and humility as two of His special lessons to us. Meekness is the virtue of gentleness with others, especially with those who arouse us to anger. Jesus wants us to take this as a personal lesson from Him. Anger and impatience are often signs of a deep pride or selfishness. We are aroused when matters do not go as we wish. The occasions for a just anger are rare enough. Most of the time we become angry because we lack understanding, or sympathy, or patience, or a willingness to suffer any more than we must. How would Our Lord take those same situations? There is our Model!

11-16-2009, 01:46 AM
I say pick up a bottle, Johnny Walker Red, to be exact. You'll gain clarity in the fact that nothing we do on a daily basis amounts to jack sh!t. We maintain the status quo, we answer calls, arrest some people, but we aren't making even a slight difference. Until we have leadership in the ivory tower that supports us and encourages us to go out and kick azz like we used to, nothing will change. You have a job, and they say you should be happy with it. But be wary, don't do it too well. Don't get too zealous in your attempt to catch the bad guy, you'll end up like 248 and 269, two of our finest. Set your sights on simply lying to and stealing from your brothers and sisters and you'll actually come out ahead, as we have recently witnessed.

11-16-2009, 10:53 AM
The Corruption of Nature, and the Efficacy of Divine Grace

LORD, my God, who has created me to Thine own image and likeness, grant me this grace, which Thou hast declared to be so great, and so necessary to salvation, that I may overcome my corrupt nature, which draws me to sin and perdition.

For I perceive in my flesh the law of sin contradicting the law of my mind (Rom. 7:23), and leading me captive to obey sensuality in many things; neither can I resist the passions thereof unless assisted by Thy most holy grace, infused copiously into my heart.

I stand in need of Thy grace and of a great grace to overcome nature, which is always prone to evil from her youth.

For since nature was corrupted and weakened by the sin of Adam, the first man, the punishment of his sin has descended upon all mankind: so that nature itself, which by Thee was created good and right, is now taken for the vice and infirmity of corrupt nature; because the motion thereof, left to itself, draws to evil, and to things below.

For the little strength which remains is but like a spark hidden in the ashes.

This is our natural reason, which is surrounded with a great mist, having yet the judgment of good and evil, and the discernment of truth and falsehood, though it be unable to fulfill all that it approves; neither does it now enjoy the full light of truth, nor the former purity of its affections.

Hence it is, O my God, that according to the inward man, I am delighted with Thy law (Rom 7:22), knowing Thy command to be good, just, and holy, and reproving all evil and sin, as what ought to be shunned.

And yet in the flesh I serve the law of sin, whilst I rather obey sensuality than reason.

Hence it is, that to will is present with me, but to accomplish that which is good I find not. (Rom 7:18)

Hence I often propose many good things; but because I want grace to help my weakness, through a slight resistance I recoil and fall off.

Hence it comes to pass, that I know the way to perfection, and see clearly enough what it is I ought to do.

But being pressed down with the weight of my own corruption I rise not to those things which are more perfect.

Oh, how exceedingly necessary is Thy grace for me, O Lord, to begin that which is good, to go forward with it, and to accomplish it!

For without it I can do nothing; but I can do all things in Thee, when Thy grace strengthens me. (Phil. 4:13)

O truly heavenly grace, without which we have no merits of our own, neither are any of the gifts of nature to be valued.

No arts, no riches, no beauty or strength, no genius or eloquence, are of any worth with Thee, O Lord, without grace.

For the gifts of nature are common to the good and bad; but grace or divine love is the proper gift of the elect, and they that are adorned with it are esteemed worthy of eternal life.

This grace is so excellent that neither the gift of prophecy, nor the working of miracles, nor any speculation, how sublime soever, is of any value without it.

Not even faith, nor hope, nor any other virtues, are acceptable to Thee without charity and grace.

O most blessed grace, which makest the poor in spirit rich in virtues, and renderest him who is rich in many good things humble of heart.

Come, descend upon me, replenish me betimes with Thy consolation, lest my soul faint through weariness and dryness of mind.

I beseech Thee, O Lord, that I may find grace in Thy sight (Gen. 18:3), for Thy grace is enough for me (2 Cor. 12:9), though I obtain none of those other things which nature desires.

If I be tempted and afflicted with many tribulations I will fear no evil whilst Thy grace is with me.

She is my strength; she gives counsel and help.

She is mightier than all my enemies, and wiser than all the wise.

She is the mistress of truth, the teacher of discipline, the light of the heart, the comforter in affliction, the banisher of sorrow, the expeller of fears, the nurse of devotion, the producer of tears.

What am I without her but a piece of dry wood, and an unprofitable stump, fit for nothing but to be cast away?

Let Thy grace, therefore, O Lord, always both go before me and follow me, and make me ever intent upon good works, through Jesus Christ Thy Son. Amen

(My Imitation of Christ, Thomas 'a Kempis)