PDA

View Full Version : horses

07-24-2009, 04:43 PM
did anyone checkout the Beacon article where we are now adding a city owned horse to the stable. please take a look at the costs for having this horse, plus the others we are paying to maintain that are someone elses pets. thousands of dollars are being spent so the movies can have private security on fri nights? there is more money and manpower hours being wasted at our PD, while other agencies have cut their wasteful spending and eliminated their horse program. we are being force fed another garbage contract with no money, reduced benefits, and pension losses, yet we have tens of thousands of dollars laying around each year to support trailers, stables, vet bills, etc for a couple officers and their pets

07-24-2009, 06:19 PM
Shoulda kept the motorbikes and fired me!

07-25-2009, 04:02 PM
Sorry, you got some bad intel. The private horses are all paid for by their owners. Equipment is purchased buy the PD after fundraisers are held by volunteers and the alumni association.

That is plan for the costs of the city horse as well. Donations for most of the supplies have already been received.

07-26-2009, 01:08 AM
Guess someone didn't have all their facts. :oops:

07-26-2009, 12:13 PM
who pays the ot, shortage of manpower on patrol, and horse officers salary while they are training, cleaning, maintaininng or riding their horses at the mall or at a rodeo in another county??

07-26-2009, 06:50 PM
Up until this point, the officers who VOLUNTEER for the mounted patrol, train, equip, feed, board etc. their own horse on their own time or they borrow someones horse that has already been trained or is trainable. That normally means at least one 2-3 hour training session per week that is strictly voluntary and unpaid. The do however get paid to work at the mall and other locations but that is duty time and they adjust their schedule as allowed by their supervisors. They don't get paid ot to work these extra assignments, and I know normally OT is not needed to cover their shifts.

However, I do know this. If it wasn't for the patrols down their on the weekends, zone one would be handling alot more calls for service at the mall and surrounding areas.

07-29-2009, 10:26 PM
Ha....nice try on not getting OT and that it is scheduled into their normal duty day. If you had access to see the build up of comp time that is accrued you would know that is not the case. I am not talking your normal build of from invests, traffic court, and being held over for shift coverage. I am talking the extra details of working the movies, Ybor, and oh maybe riding the beaches in Tarpon Springs. Oh and what happens when you are max'd out you get paid. So don't gimme this BS about normal duty hours and schedule adjustments, it's not happening. Plus you may put the time in your comp bank but a simple email to the Chief's secretary puts it right into your check. Oh and what about the time spent coming in on their off time to finish reports. Does the normal patrol officer get that luxury, no they get a letter in their pending file. This goes way beyond just getting a free horse which is gonna cost the city thousands to up keep. I think they should just send the whole lot to the glue factory and save all of us the grief and aggravation. Plus what other unit in the agency can you use your privaltely owned hobby to fill your comp bank. Oh one last point before I go, when a certain Captain retires the whole pony show will go by the way side. And then we can send out another teletype letting other agencies know we have free horse crap to give away. What a waste of man hours and money.

07-29-2009, 10:46 PM
I disagree, other agencies are starting a mounted patrol and it is good we have one. Who cares who gets what as far as OT & comp, we are having trouble filling the OT board. I don't care what others get, I just do my job & worry about myself, if I want OT I sign up for it. Wouldn't it me silly of me to worry about other officers and what they are getting? We are all adults.

07-30-2009, 01:29 PM
Yeah ok, "adults". We here at the park have the in's and out's. If it's what certain members of our mighty ADM want, then that’s what we get. Were not a police department were a private army for certain people. They crap on officers and feed us bull, just try to stay on their good side our you will regret it. I think the horses are like the Cpl. program, it needs to go away and stop wasting money that could provide better salaries to the patrol officers.

09-05-2009, 11:04 PM
Who are these mounted officers gonna chase, Jesse James? No matter who pays, mounted patrols are a wasteful fulfillment of someone's childhood fantasy.

09-06-2009, 02:02 PM
Oh come on......I can't chase anyone...there's no pursuit policy for me and besides I'd need special "shoes".. :lol:

10-11-2010, 09:38 PM
Sorry, you got some bad intel. The private horses are all paid for by their owners. Equipment is purchased buy the PD after fundraisers are held by volunteers and the alumni association.

That is plan for the costs of the city horse as well. Donations for most of the supplies have already been received.
Really? Are you sure? Can you explain to me why the Chevrolet truck purchased by the city with city funds to be assigned to training has been parked at the horse stables on 102 Ave? How can a vehicle be purchased with city funds and assigned to a unit that allegedly is made up of volunteers who purchase all of their equipment from fund rasisers? I'm glad the city is so well off that we have the money to assign our horse officer two take home vehicles. I am sure I will never get an answer since this post is of a SENSATIVE nature and will probably be deleted before I clik the "submit" button.

10-15-2010, 03:29 PM

Really? Are you sure? Can you explain to me why the Chevrolet truck purchased by the city with city funds to be assigned to training has been parked at the horse stables on 102 Ave? How can a vehicle be purchased with city funds and assigned to a unit that allegedly is made up of volunteers who purchase all of their equipment from fund rasisers? I'm glad the city is so well off that we have the money to assign our horse officer two take home vehicles. I am sure I will never get an answer since this post is of a SENSATIVE nature and will probably be deleted before I clik the "submit" button.
Exactly. You can't dispute the facts can you? I'll take your silence as your way of minimizing and hiding the blatent favoritism that has been mentioned here. Kinda like hiding a city owned truck in the middle of three or four other vehicles at the stables. Why hide it? I would be proud of it! I would put big magnetic signs on it and just use it as a delivery vehicle for the feed store. Just make sure you stay in the city and put some agency purchased feed in there for the privately owned horses so you can justify its use.

10-16-2010, 03:31 AM
Good lord.

You're so repetitive. Every time you post, it's the same whining. The same boo-hooing. Cry me a river, Horse Hater. As a resident of Pinellas Park I'm thrilled to have the horses at the movies. This means I can take my son to a Friday evening movie without having to worry about snotty teens selling drugs or breaking into my car. It's bad enough dealing with the crooks inside the theater selling popcorn and candy for triple it's actual cost. Why not protest that, Horse Hater? Oh, I see. No promotion or a raise in it for you? Best to take someone else's job or income?

So how's 'bout you quit your whining and focus on your job instead of whining about the jobs of others. Even my 6yo knows not to whine. You're a slow learner, uh? I loathe to think of the possibility that if I'm ever in need of an officers help, it'll be you to respond. The whole incident would be centered around you whining about the horses. Maybe you should get a sticker with a horse head in it and a bar going across it. This way I'll know right away who you are and refuse your help! :D That'd be awesome.

~Whinerhater

10-16-2010, 03:06 PM
Good lord.

You're so repetitive. Every time you post, it's the same whining. The same boo-hooing. Cry me a river, Horse Hater. As a resident of Pinellas Park I'm thrilled to have the horses at the movies. This means I can take my son to a Friday evening movie without having to worry about snotty teens selling drugs or breaking into my car. It's bad enough dealing with the crooks inside the theater selling popcorn and candy for triple it's actual cost. Why not protest that, Horse Hater? Oh, I see. No promotion or a raise in it for you? Best to take someone else's job or income?

So how's 'bout you quit your whining and focus on your job instead of whining about the jobs of others. Even my 6yo knows not to whine. You're a slow learner, uh? I loathe to think of the possibility that if I'm ever in need of an officers help, it'll be you to respond. The whole incident would be centered around you whining about the horses. Maybe you should get a sticker with a horse head in it and a bar going across it. This way I'll know right away who you are and refuse your help! :D That'd be awesome.

~Whinerhater
Dear scarlet resident, you failed to address the questions or facts posted above. This is LEOaffairs, not RESIDENTaffiars so go tend to your kid and clean your stable as you surely are a member of the posse. You are very misinformed and lack the knowledge to enter into this discussion. Think the park-place mall is a safe place for your son? Ask the guy who was shot to death a couple of months ago in broad daylight and died at the front door of Marshall's how safe he feels at the mall. Or better yet, call and ask his mother she feels.

10-16-2010, 05:21 PM
Q. Is this site just for Law Enforcement Officers?
A. While LEOAFFAIRS.COM™ is designed for Law Enforcement Officers, it is also accessible to the general public. As a result, it is an open system. We will also, from time-to-time, create areas for special groups related to law enforcement (i.e. LEO Only Section, Spouse Support Message Board, Dispatchers Message Board, etc.). Citizens are more than welcome to access the site and even to post in the Message Boards as long as they meet our Terms of Use, their actions are reasonable and they do not interfere with the presence of our target audience.

10-17-2010, 02:14 AM
Dear scarlet resident, you failed to address the questions or facts posted above. This is LEOaffairs, not RESIDENTaffiars so go tend to your kid and clean your stable as you surely are a member of the posse. You are very misinformed and lack the knowledge to enter into this discussion. Think the park-place mall is a safe place for your son? Ask the guy who was shot to death a couple of months ago in broad daylight and died at the front door of Marshall's how safe he feels at the mall. Or better yet, call and ask his mother she feels.

Why would I go over your "facts", when they have already been proven false by others? I also know (since apparently you're a little slow on the learning curve) this is a public board. The Queen of England can log on here and tell you you're a d!ck if she wanted to.

As for the posse, I think that's a great volunteer resource as well, however I don't have the extra time to give. I'm busy cleaning my non-existant horse's stall. :D Hey! Maybe you should volunteer with the posse! Then you'll actually know what you're whining about! Better to educate yourself about what you dislike before you really write it off. Kind of like trying a new food. Don't know if you hate it until you try it.

What makes you think I lack the knowledge to enter this discussion? I've been lurking in here for long enough, but it wasn't until you started getting ugly that I decided to post. Besides that, I read the paper, I attend community meetings, I'm active in my community with what little time I have remaining. I suppose you're already in the habit of judging people and dismissing their opinions immediately, and/or their character as evidence from your hate in this forum.

As for the park place mall, I do think it's safe. If you're so concerned and ready to blame others, why didn't you personally prevent it? It was in broad daylight so where were you, Officer Eatswood? Certainly not there protecting the public. Most likely you were in this room whining about someone else's job. Besides, the guy that was murdered, I'm pretty sure that was drug related as the newspaper reported. I have no sympathy for drug pushers. I do feel bad for any parent that loses a child. I couldn't image losing my son and I would never wish that on any other. Regardless, don't do drugs and you most likely won't get shot. Just saying.

You're failed attempt to "put me in my place" has subsequently failed. My 6yo is laughing at you. :devil:

Woohoo! Sucka!

10-17-2010, 02:16 PM
I know, just obvious sympathy for drug users. I look forward to chasing around your dirty-foot little park trash in a few years when he has all of this alone time to fill from your busy life on the Pinellas Park social scene. Maybe if you spent that time at home instead of cleaning empty stables you would have someone there to help you raise him.

10-17-2010, 02:52 PM
Your writing style suggests that there is a significant distance between you and your six year old, aheem, son. Almost as if your kids are really of high school age or maybe it’s that your mom raises them at the glen, yet I digress….

I’m disappointed that during your exploits on this public site you have not addressed nor given justification of some of the gross misuse of your valuable tax payer dollars as previously mentioned. You seem more concerned with the outing of a specific group instead of actually addressing the issues. As a self-proclaimed civic leader in our community, by defending the demonstrative fleecing of this agency, led by our anthropophobic captain, you yourself have been asleep at the wheel. By not pounding your fist and demanding answers, you have failed your community in which you have so (using your words here) proudly served.

10-17-2010, 05:33 PM
Anthropophobia or Anthrophobia[1] (literally "fear of people", from the Greek: ????????, ánthropos, "man" and ?????, phóbos, "fear"), also called interpersonal relation phobia[1] or Social Phobia, it is pathological fear of people or human company.

Anthropophobia is an extreme, pathological form of shyness and timidness. Being a form of Social Phobia, it may be manifested in fears of blushing, meeting the gaze of the others, awkwardness and uneasiness when appearing in society, etc.[2]

10-17-2010, 07:07 PM
Whinerhater must think it's a small handfull of people who think the horse scam, i mean unit, is useless. I bet 95% of the agency and PP citizens think it is a huge waste of money, manpower, and resources. just because everybody isn't saying it to the posse's face, doesn't mean they don't think it's a joke. Never seen a horse find a bad guy, drugs, or prevent a crime from happening. we need citizens to show up at city council meetings and ask questions about the cost, compensation to the select few officers, and need for a horsey unit. Seems some are enjoying their hobbies/businesses on the clock. Since whinehater keeps saying this unit is voluntary, I think a bunch of us should inqure about joining the gang. Since the unit set presidence by allowing several non-horse owning officers to join, by allowing them to use unit members horses, im sure we should all get accepted!! LOL Once someone with a conscience gets in the unit and blows the doors off the gravytrain, we may get a couple full time officers back on the street. it's funny with all the budget cuts and closing of units and positions, this unit thrives. Things that make you go, hhhhmmmmmmmmm

10-19-2010, 11:00 PM
Bring the Motor Unit back!!! Better at PR than the stupid horses and make more money for the city.

03-02-2011, 03:59 PM
One of our misfits has done it again. Only after being on A shift for, oh say thirty minutes, one of our elite calvarists, realizes that they must proudly represent our agency in the funeral procession in just fifteen hours. So what do they do? Don’t tell anyone you’re in a jam. Make up some excuse and ask a C shifter to cover for you. When it doesn’t pass the smell test with the chevrons, you pull the old ace in a hole. Well I’m in the Posse and I NEED to be there. Throw in “The Captain said” for good measure and you have everyone scrambling to cover for your incompetence. Nevermind forcing the supervisor to balance the shift staffing while out of policy and jeopardizing your (ah hem) peers’ safety and workloads. But I guess if “The Captain said,” then that makes it okay then. Veni, Vidi, Vici

03-02-2011, 05:36 PM
If it were a straight male officer, it would never fly.

03-02-2011, 06:39 PM
listen I learned... take one call at a time, work that call for as longer as the "customer" needs you, oh and make sure you don't "upset" the customer... that all ADMIN causes about!!! sooo who cares about officer safety or what other officers are doing with their time! From my account... the department has NO chief, a couple paper pushing Capts, 1 good LT, and maybe 4 decent Sgts (4 out of 12.. 33% you might not get @%$# over rate!) hahaha

03-02-2011, 11:09 PM
Well the last posts covered about 90% of the issues with the agency, lets identify the other 10% and then watch no change occur as usual.

03-03-2011, 12:09 PM
Well maybe you should brush up on your equestrian skills and try to make the team then jerk?!
Better yet...
Dont like it?
THEN QUIT!!!

03-03-2011, 03:37 PM
If it were a straight male officer, it would never fly.

We dont hire those former majority types anymore.

03-03-2011, 07:19 PM
Hey this is 430! I was directed to this site by a friend who saw my name... and I have to say somebody needs to get a life! so take that as you wish... but the name- Lagasse sandwich is very creative! all I know is that when I make food is always delicious... ask your mom!!! LMAO

03-04-2011, 01:51 AM
Hey this is 430! I was directed to this site by a friend who saw my name... and I have to say somebody needs to get a life! so take that as you wish... but the name- Lagasse sandwich is very creative! all I know is that when I make food is always delicious... ask your mom!!! LMAO
shut up, stupid

03-04-2011, 03:51 AM
"shut up, stupid" that all you could come up with!... well you made yourself a douche bag! for saying "shut up, stupid"! nice job...lol

03-04-2011, 06:17 PM
So much for being a whistle blowing site. Other officers can be named and slammed, but not "an officer who rides a horse and may or may not be in charge of the mounted unit"? Hmmmm. There was corruption involving her hire so why can't it be stated? The Admin reads this, why can't the dirty dealings that they do be exposed here? Wasn't this the purpose of this site? Is it just for anonymous bickering?

03-05-2011, 12:05 AM
Please....there was no whitsle blowing in those comments.... It was simply a unprofessional attempt at character assasination.

03-05-2011, 12:10 AM
Disagree.....justify the exception made for this employee....exceptions really.

03-05-2011, 12:50 AM
WOW two posts about a day shift officer and a midnight officer riding horses, sucking up comp time and taking days off leaving minimum staffing weekly deleted with in hours of posting. Could it be a MOD. is one of them or a person in the Admin that admires our, four leg friends.

03-05-2011, 05:51 AM
It coould also simply be a crotchety midnight shift officer with nothing but an ax to grind.

03-05-2011, 05:52 AM
Sorry.."could"

03-06-2011, 06:50 PM
Please....there was no whitsle blowing in those comments.... It was simply a unprofessional attempt at character assasination.
How could you possibly use the term "character" in a positive light when referring to the four horseman and expect to be taken seriously?

03-09-2011, 12:12 AM
to ALL that have a problem with horses... YOU need to shut your mouths!!! I mean have you tried horse (meat)??? it taste as good as chicken, maybe even better!!! :snicker:

03-10-2011, 04:19 AM
Horses are the most beautiful animals ever so you can stop having such hate for them already. Get over yourselves because you arent better than others of God's creatures because you walk on two legs. Nobody asked anyone to pick a fight over this and it makes me sad when I see the horses caught in the middle of it because they dont know any better. People call them dumb animals but remember thats just a figure of speech.

03-10-2011, 10:47 PM
How can these horse ladies get away with never coming to work? Who accounts for thier time? We need a beancounter to look into this, I would like to not have to come to work and get paid for it. Who has the backbone to look into this mess? Didnt we have an ofc in the past who got caught cooking her timecards?

03-11-2011, 03:02 AM
the difference is that the time card bandit lied about her hours. The mounted unit has checks and balances with brass. Their time off has been approved. Stop being so sour about the whole horse thing. life is too short to keep worrying about other peoples lives. cause when you think about...do you really think they give hoot about you?

03-11-2011, 03:45 AM
That whole thing is corrupt. This agency has gotten so dirty it's not funny.......good thing I just don't care anymore. Just pay me and make sure not to look me in the eye.

03-11-2011, 03:48 AM
lets stop worrying about officers and horses... and figure out how Sgts are getting paid over a $120 grand a year!?!?!

03-12-2011, 02:55 AM
try watching some tv while downing a couple cold ones. maybe that will stop you from thinking about your coworkers so much.

03-12-2011, 02:41 PM
try watching some tv while downing a couple cold ones. maybe that will stop you from thinking about your coworkers so much.

I've tried that Clark, and it didn't work..Go back to Wally World, and give the moose my regards...And don't forget to bring your Magnum PI....

03-13-2011, 03:11 AM
Just got back from wally world. I won a prize, had some pizza and rode a few rides. I suggest you do the same thing. Your concern with the people you work with is scary.

03-13-2011, 02:41 PM
Let it go.....life isn't fair and neither is this agency.......life is corrupt? and so is this agency? A corporal is now on light duty, will she work the desk like most other would be forced to? Heck no! I smell a "special project" designed to thwart call taking in the works.Just learn to live with the corruption and try to milk all you can from the agency and city, that is what we are taught and what we see......I am curious about what public safety looks like....eh, I can always watch TV or read a book about it.

03-14-2011, 01:12 AM
For Honky Dory: You clearly are too good for this place. I say you do the only honorable thing and pack you S@*t and go somewhere in which you personal and professional expectations will be met.

03-14-2011, 02:20 AM
Nope. You see, I have no expectations. I suck up what money I can, I look out for number one, and then I laugh a lot when I'm not there. I am working at 10% capacity and still get O's and f%ckloads of resume padding training......no trust me I'm laughing all the way to the bank....why would I leave?

I don't bother anyone or try to ruin the scams that are being run around here. I know that the corporal scammer (one year on the road) will not work the front desk but I'm not mad, it's corrupt, but I'm not mad. I could rattle off all the scams and dishonesty and fratenization going on.....but it would be deleted by mods and because I want in on those scams. I will admit that it is very hard to scam in patrol. A specialized position or supervisor spot makes it much easier! Don't be mad just pretend to be professional for a little while and then you'll be scamming too.

03-15-2011, 01:50 AM
Honky :roll:

03-18-2011, 03:59 PM
I'm beginning to wander if moral is getting a little low here folks... quite frankly I'm worried...

03-18-2011, 10:53 PM
If all these horses dropped dead, I would laugh my azz off just to see all the dingbats with badges throwing themselves around the station boohoo-ing about the dead field animals.

03-19-2011, 11:50 AM
Is that a threat? It has been taken as such, and will be followed up as a threat.

03-19-2011, 12:06 PM
Has it come to this? Are you really so pathetic and sad because God didn't bless you with a certain appendage, that you have to act like one?
And they trust someone like you with a badge and a gun..tsk tsk. Someone who trolls this site threatening innocent animals, ridiculing co-workers, and *****ing like a 5yr old who's momma told to got to bed without any t.v. :devil:
How about instead, you pull yerself up by yer lil tiny boot straps, and go forth and do a good job. If you don't think this agency appreciates you enough, then learn to appreciate yourself. Work hard for your own sense of honor (do u have one?) and show others respect. Maybe then they will start to notice the change in you and then in turn begin to show you the respect that you so clearly and obviously are so desperate for. Now carry on lil soldier.

03-19-2011, 05:50 PM
Is that a threat? It has been taken as such, and will be followed up as a threat.
Take it as whatever you want, stupid. Follow up however you think you can, dingbat. Call PITA and Code Pink if you think that will help. Don't think you'll find a judge willing to violate the Constitution to get you a court order for some brainless equine.
I knew that little itty-bitty statement would get the dingbats with badges hyperventiliating worse than if someone dropped a nuclear bomb on a daycare center. These dizzy dithering dingbats value horses more than they do human life. This may come as a shock, but animals are not little people dressed up in fur coats, they are pack animals and merely property that can be taken away if/when the taxpayers realize what a waste of money they are for a town with no real, consistent crowd control problems. Buy your own horse and ranch if you want to live out your adolescent unicorn fantasies.

03-21-2011, 01:28 AM
I am glad we got rid of motorcycles and purchased a horse.. the horse at least generates revenue through traffic citations to offset it's cost and helps pay a portion if not all of it's cost...

And I agree.. a horse is nothing more than a vehicle that poops and eats. I personally prefer a crown vic as do most people living in modern times, but I appreciate the beliefs of our Amish officers and respect them utilizing a technology that has been out of date since the steam engine.

03-21-2011, 03:58 PM
I am glad we got rid of motorcycles and purchased a horse.. the horse at least generates revenue through traffic citations to offset it's cost and helps pay a portion if not all of it's cost...

And I agree.. a horse is nothing more than a vehicle that poops and eats. I personally prefer a crown vic as do most people living in modern times, but I appreciate the beliefs of our Amish officers and respect them utilizing a technology that has been out of date since the steam engine.

Im gonna guess that this post is not exactly how you wanted it to come out. Right? While you are correct that getting rid of the motors was an incredibly poor move by whoever decided it, you did not help the cause any with that abortion you posted above. Maybe the next OIC of special ops will be someone that can get them back. I am still shocked that the current one was so quick to get rid of any members/positions in his unit. I would think that a Sgt. would want to grow a unit, or at least leave it a little better than it was when he got it. I guess when you have been trained, groomed and luaded to be a "hatchet man" everything must go. Everything.

03-21-2011, 04:31 PM
It was sarcasm.. horses earn no $

03-21-2011, 07:16 PM
Ok.

03-22-2011, 02:58 AM
Rumor has it Mike Deeson, the investigative report who loves to expose law enforcement corruption, has been making some initial inquiries to his informants in the agency. Seems he might expose the illegitimate use of funding for pets.

03-22-2011, 10:10 AM
I almost can't contain my enthusiasm.... I wish I had no life so I could care about horses.