PDA

View Full Version : LCSO Pursuit

07-24-2009, 07:16 AM
Does everyone now see why were quick to call of a chase?

Could you imagine being the officer that kills an innocent person in a car chase, or better yet, the officer that has to notify the family of the person killed in a car crash because you wanted to chase a car that didnt stop for having a tag light out?

Alls i hear from some of the younger wanna be "tough guy" cops around the station is how our policy stinks and they wanna chase stuff. Well point well taken right here, it wasnt even a forcible felony.

07-24-2009, 10:18 AM
You are right, just let the criminals drive away. There are plently of middle class speeders for the FMPD to target and write tickets. Thugs that are driving around in stolen cars doing residential burglaries should not be on any law enforcement agencie's target list. And the moron who pulled in front of the detective making an illegal u-turn isn't too blame either. I can't wait to move away from this liberal ass county and all of the worthless, do nothing cops like yourself.

07-24-2009, 02:31 PM
aww you must be one of the people who are about to come up on your two years so you can transfer, good get out! Your probably deep in IAs for violating policy, and dont see the means behind them.

SO YOUR TELLING ME, if you got a knock on your door today and it was someone there to tell you that your immediate family memeber just got killed as a result of a high speed pursuit, you would just say "oh ok thats alright, as long as you got the guy it doesnt bother me that my wife and 2 year old kid will never come again, good job guys."

07-24-2009, 03:16 PM
Point well said here!! Guys, watch all your intersections inside the city. LCSO tends to intentionally disregard traffic signals at intersections!!!

Could you imagine being the officer that kills an innocent person in a car chase, or better yet, the officer that has to notify the family of the person killed in a car crash because you wanted to chase a car that didnt stop for having a tag light out?

Alls i hear from some of the younger wanna be "tough guy" cops around the station is how our policy stinks and they wanna chase stuff. Well point well taken right here, it wasnt even a forcible felony.

07-24-2009, 05:54 PM

No it's not a matter of "wanna be a tough guy cop", what it comes down to is wanting to do "your job" Sorry if bad things can and do happen sometimes in the course of our profession, but if you adopt this i'm not going to do my job because something bad might happen attitude, then it's time to get out of this job and go sit behind a desk or atleast go sit up on the third floor.

07-24-2009, 10:25 PM
First of all, I bet some of you scumbags who are commenting on this topic were not even on this call. I was... How can you Monday morning quarterback another officer without even being on scene or even being involved? You were probably looking for a place to hide when you heard the county was chasing a car into the city. I'm sure the last thing Det. Galloway needs right now are fellow brothers bashing him for something that was beyond his control.

Do you really think he and LCSO intended for this to happen? The driver made an illegal U-Turn in front of him while he was running code to remove a worthless piece of garbage from the streets. It was unavoidable. Just be glad the deputy is alive. You jerkoffs are worse than President Obama calling Cambridge PD stupid.

This is exactly the kind of crap we don't need in law enforcement right now. You're either a cop, or your not and apparently you're not. Don't use LEO Affairs as a pullpit to bash a brother officer, especially if you weren't there. Adrian Powell and David Newsome are the ones to blame for this tragedy, not Det. Galloway. We've worked hard over the years to mend our relationship with LCSO...we don't need some green horn ruining it for us so keep your ignorant comments off this site and STFU!

How about looking for criminals while you're at work instead of riding around in the air conditioning listening to 105.5 the Beat and chatting on your cell phone pretending to be a cop. I bet you have never made a self initiated arrest in your entire short career you Sam Cook wannabe! Now go get your shine box! :cop:

07-25-2009, 06:25 PM
Well F'N said my Brother......well said!!!

This site is poison for wanna be rookies to feel good about themselves because they have never done "Police" work. That LCSO Detective has more heart than most of you will EVER have in your lifetime. Now leave yourself alone, it grows by itself and S.T.F. Up