PDA

View Full Version : Where is the comradery?

07-21-2009, 03:37 PM
I am a Retired NYC Police Officer. While I was working in NYPD would never ticket another officer from anywhere in the world. The only way we would give an officer a ticket would be if they where a complete a** to us. I always keep all my id's in the same place so I know that he saw my badge and Ret. ID card. Plus he had to of seen that I just avoided and crash with someone on a cell phone in their left hand (i really hate cell phone people).

So o well now I have a speeding ticket for not causing a crash. Even he said that if I didn't speed out of the way I would have been in a crash.

So officer j.bash (his hand writing stinks too) id#0480 motor 6.

This NYPD is waiting for you. Don't do anything wrong in NY. :evil:

07-22-2009, 01:03 AM
I am a Retired NYC Police Officer. While I was working in NYPD would never ticket another officer from anywhere in the world. The only way we would give an officer a ticket would be if they where a complete a** to us. I always keep all my id's in the same place so I know that he saw my badge and Ret. ID card. Plus he had to of seen that I just avoided and crash with someone on a cell phone in their left hand (i really hate cell phone people).

So o well now I have a speeding ticket for not causing a crash. Even he said that if I didn't speed out of the way I would have been in a crash.

Should this be construed as a threat or a friendly warning?

07-22-2009, 01:14 AM
With 35,000 Officers actually on the NYPD? What are the chances that anyone would meet a retired NYPD Officer in NY?

Slim to none. Another blowhard from NY. Glad to hear you're going back.

480, you're a jacka$$.

07-22-2009, 01:20 AM
Actually I have found that Pines has great camaraderie with other LEO's. I work in Communications for another agency & was stopped by them & was let go. So if you being a LEO was ticketed I wonder how you acted. I'm just saying.........

07-22-2009, 09:18 PM
Should this be construed as a threat or a friendly warning?[/quote]

Ofcourse not. But we still do carry inserts about cops mistreating NYPD cops. So that we never give a break to the ones that know the meaning of brotherhood. True cops will always bleed blue. They are the ones that run towards trouble, they don't stay there to get that number for their ticket book.

07-22-2009, 09:22 PM
With 35,000 Officers actually on the NYPD? What are the chances that anyone would meet a retired NYPD Officer in NY?

480, you're a jacka$$.

Sorry never said I was going back. I am here to stay. I also told my friends down here about 480. They are all as pissed as I was. So they are hoping to run into him also. :cop:

07-22-2009, 09:32 PM
Actually I have found that Pines has great camaraderie with other LEO's. I work in Communications for another agency & was stopped by them & was let go. So if you being a LEO was ticketed I wonder how you acted. I'm just saying.........

Don't get me wrong I have friends in Pines that are just as pissed as me. They are the ones that told me about ths site. They said to post it here and not on our RANT site. So now finally to your last statment one cop to another I showed nothing but respect for him but he did what he did cause he is a ass. Always remember do unto others. The job is hard enough without having to deal with another ****head out there that shoud no better. So until you have to deal face to face with drunk cops from LA. you will never know just how bad a leo can act. And even then I still helded them out. NUFF SAID :devil:

07-22-2009, 11:04 PM

480, you're a jacka$$.

Sorry never said I was going back. I am here to stay. I also told my friends down here about 480. They are all as pissed as I was. So they are hoping to run into him also. :cop:

Again.......your last sentence sounds like a threat, even though you deny it.

07-22-2009, 11:06 PM

Don't get me wrong I have friends in Pines that are just as pissed as me. They are the ones that told me about ths site. They said to post it here and not on our RANT site. So now finally to your last statment one cop to another I showed nothing but respect for him but he did what he did cause he is a ass. Always remember do unto others. The job is hard enough without having to deal with another stubborn person out there that shoud no better. So until you have to deal face to face with drunk cops from LA. you will never know just how bad a leo can act. And even then I still helded them out. NUFF SAID :devil:

No offense, but they do teach English up there in New York, don't they?

cantor1048
07-24-2009, 11:56 PM
Been a cop for over 30 years, have pines cops as friends. I sat on some of their oral boards for Sgt. and Lt. My son made a a mistake of having half a roach in his car, gets stopped and NTA for Misd Poss. I'm not pissed about that, he FFF up and now is going to pay the price. I preached for years about using, yet when they get to 18, they will do what they think is right. What bother me was the comment"your dad a retired cop, I don't need another one calling me and giving me Sh-t". I never called the officer. Now its looks like he being targeted, I hope not, yea he stupit at times, but he learn his lesson. He dosn't need the Pines looking to nail him for any petty B.S. mistake. I still respect you guys, and I like to think that even retired cops are still considered brothers. If one of you were getting in a fight on the side of the road,I be the first to bail out and back you up. P.S. In all my years, I never ticketed or arrested a P.O. or their family members. Yes, there were a few who were complete Alfa Hotels, but if we don't look out for each other, no one will. Be safe out there.

07-25-2009, 01:49 AM
Been a cop for over 30 years, have pines cops as friends. I sat on some of their oral boards for Sgt. and Lt. My son made a a mistake of having half a roach in his car, gets stopped and NTA for Misd Poss. I'm not pissed about that, he FFF up and now is going to pay the price. I preached for years about using, yet when they get to 18, they will do what they think is right. What bother me was the comment"your dad a retired cop, I don't need another one calling me and giving me Sh-t". I never called the officer. Now its looks like he being targeted, I hope not, yea he stupit at times, but he learn his lesson. He dosn't need the Pines looking to nail him for any petty B.S. mistake. I still respect you guys, and I like to think that even retired cops are still considered brothers. If one of you were getting in a fight on the side of the road,I be the first to bail out and back you up. P.S. In all my years, I never ticketed or arrested a P.O. or their family members. Yes, there were a few who were complete Alfa Hotels, but if we don't look out for each other, no one will. Be safe out there.

What do you mean by it looks like he is being targeted? Did something else happen?

cantor1048
07-25-2009, 03:26 PM
Yes, as soon as he leave our community, Towngate, he followed by a unmarked SUV, then pull over for minor infraction(throwing a cigarette butt out the window) then the car is tossed, nothing is found, and he at the point he is scared of the Pines. Yes he made a mistake, and he going to pay for it. He tried grass because he has a nerological condition called Distonia, its help allieve the involuntary nervous contactions. No excused, self medication is not the answer. I alway supported the pines, being retired apparently doesn't matter anymore. He was told that since his dad is retired and no longer a cop, he can't have a PBA emblem on the tag (it dosn't hide the tag). I just don't get it, maybe I'm loosing it, when I was a active cop, I respected my fellow LEO. I guess 30 years of service to our profession doesn't matter these days, it did in my time. Yea I'll still support you men and women, just cut the kid some slack. The pines is free to search the house or my vehicles at anytime, I employed with the state as a civilian investigator and will always been on your side. Keep safe, and you always have a back up if I'm there.

07-26-2009, 02:00 AM
Yes, as soon as he leave our community, Towngate, he followed by a unmarked SUV, then pull over for minor infraction(throwing a cigarette butt out the window) then the car is tossed, nothing is found, and he at the point he is scared of the Pines. Yes he made a mistake, and he going to pay for it. He tried grass because he has a nerological condition called Distonia, its help allieve the involuntary nervous contactions. No excused, self medication is not the answer. I alway supported the pines, being retired apparently doesn't matter anymore. He was told that since his dad is retired and no longer a cop, he can't have a PBA emblem on the tag (it dosn't hide the tag). I just don't get it, maybe I'm loosing it, when I was a active cop, I respected my fellow LEO. I guess 30 years of service to our profession doesn't matter these days, it did in my time. Yea I'll still support you men and women, just cut the kid some slack. The pines is free to search the house or my vehicles at anytime, I employed with the state as a civilian investigator and will always been on your side. Keep safe, and you always have a back up if I'm there.

Do you really believe that an unmarked SUV is just waiting for your son when he leaves your development? They have enough time & manpower to spend just sitting there waiting for him? Also, after reading your posts, I find so many typos & wrong verb tense, etc. I hope they are just from the fact that you possibly aren't checking what you write & not the way you really talk. You mention that you were a LEO for 30 years so I would hope you would be more educated than your posts come across.

07-26-2009, 06:45 AM

I can assure you that we don't have the time, desire or motivation to sit outside of Towngate to wait for your son's car. On the other hand, we DO have several officers that aggressively search for drug offenses. They were even given their own specialized unit. Now, when man power permits, they spend their shifts focusing on that. My guess is that your son is behaving in a way that is giving those officers reason to believe that he is committing a crime. Those guys are driving around looking for bad guys, and for some reason, your son must be calling their attention.

I don't know your son, so this is just a guess. I'm willing to bet that if he dressed or acted a little differently, he would stop getting the unwanted attention. With that said, this is not meant to be a criticism of his style (whatever that may be). He is free to be himself. But you also have to expect to be treated in accordance with your appearance/demeanor.

As a LEO, you know that what a person's father does for a living is the last thing on your mind when you stop a vehicle. I suggest that you re-evaluate what has actually happened to you and your son. It is highly unlikely that someone from our agency is out to get you. Especially if you are a retired cop.

As for the issue with the PBA emblem, I'm guessing that this had something to do with an article that the PBA keeps putting in its monthly newsletter.

cantor1048
07-26-2009, 02:41 PM
Good smack down, this is what I expected, you don't like the message, so you attack the sender. I havn't had my writting graded since college. Yes you are right on some points. Didn't I acknowledge he brings some of this attention to himself. Yes I like proactive police work, but busting a person for half a joint, no arrest past, and fully cooperate with the officert, please, how about real L&P,FFFing with career criminals,thats police work. Busting idiots like my son will never earn anyone officer of the month. Don't B.S me and say that since he been busted you don't stop him when you see him, toss the car, and used a B.S infraction to justify it. I maybe stupid, but I worked the road for alot of years, do you acknowledge that ? I worked with cops who were frusrtated english professors, and didn't have a lick of common sense. They make good cops look bad, they are just interested in projecting how smart they are.
I thought profilling wasn't permitted, so much for that 4 hour class of Safe and Effective Traffic Stops. I would give my life to help a fellow cop, yea I'm retired, but I still consider the Pines and other cops as family. Doing so, we can agree to disagree. I'm sure you will find gramatical error in this post, your kind always do, but still, if you are a Pines cop, be safe and my prayers are with you.

07-26-2009, 08:44 PM
Good smack down, this is what I expected, you don't like the message, so you attack the sender. I havn't had my writting graded since college. Yes you are right on some points. Didn't I acknowledge he brings some of this attention to himself. Yes I like proactive police work, but busting a person for half a joint, no arrest past, and fully cooperate with the officert, please, how about real L&P,FFFing with career criminals,thats police work. Busting idiots like my son will never earn anyone officer of the month. Don't B.S me and say that since he been busted you don't stop him when you see him, toss the car, and used a B.S infraction to justify it. I maybe stupid, but I worked the road for alot of years, do you acknowledge that ? I worked with cops who were frusrtated english professors, and didn't have a lick of common sense. They make good cops look bad, they are just interested in projecting how smart they are.
I thought profilling wasn't permitted, so much for that 4 hour class of Safe and Effective Traffic Stops. I would give my life to help a fellow cop, yea I'm retired, but I still consider the Pines and other cops as family. Doing so, we can agree to disagree. I'm sure you will find gramatical error in this post, your kind always do, but still, if you are a Pines cop, be safe and my prayers are with you.

Well, we agree on one point anyway......agree to disagree. And I know I will get reprimanded from you for daring to comment on all your typos & such, but gee whiz, even in the sentence where you comment about going to college (?) you have errors. And yes, a good cop doesn't necessarily have to be like a "frustrated" English professor, because they probably have street smarts. But a grown adult with a college education, no less, should at least be able to spell. Sorry, I call 'em the way I see 'em. But I guess you knew that already since you say "your kind always do." I don't think your son is being targeted at all. Paranoid, maybe. Guilty, maybe. But not being targeted. Sorry.

cantor1048
07-26-2009, 09:56 PM
Lets bury the hatchet, and not in each other. Glad that no one is being undo targeted. I think the world of the pines cops, some of my friends are in command there. As I stated before, I will alway support the department. If I insulted you, I am man enough to apologize.Keep safe, and God speed to all of you.

07-26-2009, 10:01 PM
Lets bury the hatchet, and not in each other. Glad that no one is being undo targeted. I think the world of the pines cops, some of my friends are in command there. As I stated before, I will alway support the department. If I insulted you, I am man enough to apologize.Keep safe, and God speed to all of you.

In the words of our president....."let's go have a beer."

07-28-2009, 02:57 PM
In the words of our president....."let's go have a beer."[/quote]

Come on man, let's break out the Henny!

07-28-2009, 04:09 PM
Miss the days of getting off duty and killing a few brews will fellow LEO. Smoking, drinking and lying about women. Hope all of you still look out for each other, in the old day, we had places where we didn't have to worry about civilians complaining on us. Drinks flow, and war stories abound, be safe and officer safety first, go home at the end of the shift.

07-28-2009, 05:28 PM
Miss the days of getting off duty and killing a few brews will fellow LEO. Smoking, drinking and lying about women. Hope all of you still look out for each other, in the old day, we had places where we didn't have to worry about civilians complaining on us. Drinks flow, and war stories abound, be safe and officer safety first, go home at the end of the shift.
Yea, like the old PBA Hall at the crossroads at 135 St & Dixie Hwy in North Miami. Anyone remember that?

07-28-2009, 05:32 PM
"Choir Practice" has been lost on the "Me" generation. They'll never get it.

07-28-2009, 06:25 PM
"Choir Practice" has been lost on the "Me" generation. They'll never get it.

Yup, Choir Practice.........I don't even think they call it that anymore......or am I just showing my age? :-(

07-29-2009, 02:34 PM
The Choir practices nightly at Corks tiki bar, lol :evil: :evil: :evil:

08-03-2009, 11:11 PM
Are you kidding me? So now a Police Officer is supposed to focus on your wallet while pulling you over instead of all of the 100's of other things that are going on? Others in the car. What else might be in your car. The traffic flying by at 35-55 miles an hour (depending where you are). The extreme heat. You know what Sir! Sometimes we just forget our crystal ball at home. Instead of ASSUMING the Officer saw your badge, why not tell him and show him? You just might be surprised. I know #480 and he is one hell of a guy.

08-04-2009, 11:32 PM
Are you kidding me? So now a Police Officer is supposed to focus on your wallet while pulling you over instead of all of the 100's of other things that are going on? Others in the car. What else might be in your car. The traffic flying by at 35-55 miles an hour (depending where you are). The extreme heat. You know what Sir! Sometimes we just forget our crystal ball at home. Instead of ASSUMING the Officer saw your badge, why not tell him and show him? You just might be surprised. I know #480 and he is one hell of a guy.

Ok, you lost me. Who mentioned a wallet?

08-05-2009, 08:26 PM

My bad I was responding to the original thread where the retired NYPD sated that he always keeps his Id's in the same place as his badge and that he was sure the officer saw it. Clearly we keep our Id's and badges in a wallet.

08-05-2009, 08:59 PM

My bad I was responding to the original thread where the retired NYPD sated that he always keeps his Id's in the same place as his badge and that he was sure the officer saw it. Clearly we keep our Id's and badges in a wallet.

"What's in your wallet?"