PDA

View Full Version : Organizational Necessity

07-14-2009, 08:06 PM
What exactly is the meaning of Organizational Necessity? Can one be transferred to a unit, shift or even be denied a transfer to a unit or shift based on this vague loop-hole? Is it temporary, permanent or discretion of management? Does a deputy have standing filing a grievance?

07-14-2009, 08:20 PM
I think its exactly what it says.....something the dept. needs to function more effeciently.....For instance if they need a caddy at the golf outing on dayshift....and there is no need for one on nights.....they could pull the caddy from nights to days......Naturally, this example is tongue-in-cheek......but it is also something jsut as silly. I would think if you asked them, they would/could explain what exactly this need is.........if they cant or wont, file the grievence........but with our PBA.....GOOD LUCK ! ! !

07-14-2009, 11:25 PM
I think its exactly what it says.....something the dept. needs to function more effeciently.....For instance if they need a caddy at the golf outing on dayshift....and there is no need for one on nights.....they could pull the caddy from nights to days......Naturally, this example is tongue-in-cheek......but it is also something jsut as silly. I would think if you asked them, they would/could explain what exactly this need is.........if they cant or wont, file the grievence........but with our PBA.....GOOD LUCK ! ! !
This was a GREAT example , I think the PBA would act on this one , if it has to do with golf or a caddy , then Kaz has the need and will act quickly !

07-15-2009, 05:48 AM
It's what's called a caveat. It puts us on notice that the Sheriff reserves the right to allow or deny any movement within the agency......at his sole discretion. Simply put......we comprise the agency, but the Sheriff runs the agency.

07-15-2009, 12:29 PM
Yes, but, the Sheriff must run the agency with INTEGRITY AND HONESTY AND AT A MORAL LEVEL OF FAIRNESS AND ETHICS THAT COULD NOT BE QUESTIONED........and therein, my good brothers and sisters, lies the critical shame, pity, and disgrace of our Agency.

07-16-2009, 12:27 AM
PBA SUCKS, we need a different union. :evil:

07-16-2009, 01:54 PM
Yes,I've heard this term used before to protect certain persons from being transferred to other shifts during shift bids.This is one instance in which this should not be used.Totally unfair.A loophole at it's finest.I'm a FOR.

07-17-2009, 12:44 PM
The word's HONEST, INTEGRITY and Sheriff Bradshaw should never be used in the same sentence. Unless you are referring to lack there of. Oh but remember he does pay for his cup of coffee. :evil:

07-22-2009, 03:03 PM
Just wondering if the original poster might read this and inform us if the situation was adressed. I am SOOOOO curious to know what happened, and ESPECIALLY if the PBA helped the poster.

07-22-2009, 03:20 PM
Nothing happened, just posted a thread for informative purposes only. Nothing has to happen to start some informative discussion.

Texas
07-22-2009, 10:49 PM
PBA SUCKS, we need a different union. :evil:
That can be done. I THINK that under FL labor lawIf we get enough signatures (30% or more of the representable employees) we can have an election to decertify the PBA and certify a different union, like the FOP, IF 50% or more of the eligible voters choose such.
The easy thing, of course, is to do what many of us have done. Quit the PBA and get FOP representation. They seem to be more willing to help and thr dues cost less. You are not paying for George's car and their clothing allowances, etc.

07-23-2009, 03:36 PM
I have to agree.......they have had me in a holding patter for months when all it would take to resolve my compalint is a phone call. What do you call taking money to provide a service, and then only providing PART of the service......and refusing to provide the rest of the service???????

07-25-2009, 09:32 PM
When you are under investigation, FOP sends a "shop steward" usually a retired cop that know less then you do...

PBA sends ATTORNEYS.

big difference.

07-25-2009, 11:42 PM
When you are under investigation, FOP sends a "shop steward" usually a retired cop that know less then you do...

PBA sends ATTORNEYS.

big difference.

This is an absolute lie. Mod please deleted this. The FOP have attorneys on call 24/7/365. The attorneys they have are all experienced. The best part you need to know is you will never, ever have to worry if the FOP will cover you all the way or if you slightly disagree with your attorney, your FOP dropping you. The FOP does not politic to get certain friends promotions, however, it does fight for its brothers and sisters with ever possible defense. Think about that.

Texas
07-26-2009, 12:44 AM

PBA sends ATTORNEYS.

big difference.
Yes, this is utrue. The law firm representing the FOP across thed state of FL is headed a man I know, one of the most reputable emploument attys in FL. First class!

07-27-2009, 01:43 PM

PBA sends ATTORNEYS.

big difference.

OK.......as much as I HATE to defend our PBA.....I have to do it......When my "political" issue reared its ugly head, they DID send an attorney....She did all she could....when the Captain did as he wanted to anyway, the PBA bosses declined to allow her take an further action....she was flabbergasted. It probably could have been resolved with a phone call, but because I am quite vocal to Kaz when I disagreee with something, nothing happened. How they can stand idley by when a DUES PAYING MEMBER is getting shafted is beyond me. Its OBVIOUSLY who your buddy is, not whether you are a member, that determines the course of action. I didnt do anything wrong OTHER than just piss off someone who has friends in high places. They couldnt write me up, or suspend me because I didnt do anything wrong. So tehy transfered me. Think you cant be transfered for "disciplie"???????? GUESS AGAIN ! ! !

Texas
07-31-2009, 08:56 PM

PBA sends ATTORNEYS.

big difference.
Yes, this is utrue. The law firm representing the FOP across thed state of FL is headed a man I know, one of the most reputable emploument attys in FL. First class!
For want of a n "n", meaniong was changed. I mean to say it is uNtrue. The FOP representation is excellent.