PDA

View Full Version : Decoy vehicle

07-11-2009, 05:49 PM
Does your agency use decoy vehicles to reduce speeders? I frequently travel on Park Boulevard and at night I always see a marked Ford pickup truck parked at the old Suncoast RV lot with a mannequin inside. Do you get noticeable results from this practice or is this area a major traffic problem at night?

07-12-2009, 03:19 AM
We will not discuss our traffic enforcement operations in this forum. However, I wouldn't test that mannequin theory if I was you.

07-12-2009, 06:23 PM
We will not discuss our traffic enforcement operations in this forum. However, I wouldn't test that mannequin theory if I was you.

Oh my god. Are your "traffic enforcement operations" a big secret? Lets see, you can runn radar, run laser, or pace. Big secrets there. You can use a marked car, slick top, unmarked car, or motorcycle. More big secrets. Or you can put a dumby in a patrol car and slow traffic down. Holy moses, big secrets there man. Get a grip dude.

07-12-2009, 08:00 PM

Oh my god. Are your "traffic enforcement operations" a big secret? Lets see, you can runn radar, run laser, or pace. Big secrets there. You can use a marked car, slick top, unmarked car, or motorcycle. More big secrets. Or you can put a dumby in a patrol car and slow traffic down. Holy moses, big secrets there man. Get a grip dude.

Hahaha...really, dude should go work for centcom or something. Yeah, watchout that mannequin got 80 in one shift!! Geezus, like traffic enforcement is classified or something. You'll get as many as you want, no problem. Oooops, hope I didnt compromise a SPEEDING investigation...hahahaha, oh lord!!

07-15-2009, 12:46 AM
I wonder if that traffic "dummy" is getting OT in his check to deter all that speeding? LOL! I guess he dont care that the city is slamming us again this contract. Plus if you do know the identity of this dummy, it will stay a special ops secret...sounds like the spray can bandit all over..

07-15-2009, 01:06 AM
Um....hate to be the bearer of bad news for you....the original post was about a "marked" patrol truck. We only have one of those and its not special ops...

That's a uniformed patrol officer..

07-15-2009, 04:08 PM
"Captain Caaaaaaaaamerrrrraaaaaaa" (Screamed to the style of "Captain Caveman")

07-16-2009, 02:01 PM
psssst....there will be a briefing 0-900 hrs on my observations this week on speeder activity 66 and park...i've got some new techniques the public has never even dreamed of!!

07-17-2009, 07:49 PM
psssst....there will be a briefing 0-900 hrs on my observations this week on speeder activity 66 and park...i've got some new techniques the public has never even dreamed of!!

Wow that sounds like the almighty L3 and his "i've done everything speach". Amazing how he can be so degrading towards you, yet he's leading you to the light.

07-17-2009, 08:02 PM
hahahahahhahahahahahahha :devil:

07-18-2009, 03:04 AM
:cop: very true :cop:

07-18-2009, 05:17 PM
Props to you guys,,,,you're very perceptive,,,had that in mind when I posted it...lol!!

07-19-2009, 09:35 PM
It's ok he does what he wants, just learn from it and never be that way.

07-23-2009, 03:16 PM
just like certain others, why "because I can"

07-27-2009, 11:38 PM
Has your city considered red light cameras?

07-28-2009, 04:06 AM
Has your city considered red light cameras?

Yes, even before they were allowed, but council I believe denied them.