PDA

View Full Version : Union

07-11-2009, 03:55 AM
Can anyone explain the Union is doing for us?

Anyone?

07-11-2009, 04:50 PM
Can anyone explain the Union is doing for us?

Anyone?

Yes....collecting our union dues

07-13-2009, 09:46 AM
That's not all they're doing. They are also laughing at us, and insulting us whenever possible.

07-13-2009, 09:22 PM
You know, it seems to me that, if we didn't have a union, you guys wold all be griping that we should join a union. Well, we do have union representation, and they're not perfect, but we are better off for it. Did you put your name in the hat to be a rep? Do you offer constructive advice or actual ideas on how to improve things? Not on here, you don't. I like to gripe and complain as much as the next guy, but for crying out loud (which is what you do well) give Nick and the rest of the reps some credit for the hard work and time they put in, which, on both counts, is considerable. And, no, I'm not a rep, and though I know Nick and the other reps, we're not beer-drinking buddies or anything. I just think they deserve a little, or a LOT, of credit for the work they do. Lay off.

07-15-2009, 01:45 AM
AMEN

07-16-2009, 09:30 PM
How can you throw your name in the hat when there was never a hat. Our reps were annointed not appointed. I don't remember an election. When a union is voted in the next, ''and most important'' step is electing reps. When was our vote?

07-17-2009, 04:15 AM
Hello?!? Check your history. If I remember correctly, just a short while ago, we had an election. Just because you don't pay attention doesn't mean it didn't happen. And what would it matter? You are some whiny-baby who would rather gripe and moan than present ideas and try to help fix problems. Go ahead, here's your forum. Name five, no, three good suggestions that the union could use to improve working conditions for our officers. No, not things that apply to just you, and no more retirement suggestions. The union has to do what is in the best interest of the vast majority, which they have and are doing. And, yes, I understand you don't believe that, but nothing is going to change that. And so, it seems, I'm arguing with a brick wall. Respond how you want, I'm done with this thread. And pay attention. The next time a rep opening comes available, I hope to see your name on the ballot. Because I'm sure you can do a much better job and make things perfect.