PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Cop Charged with Battery on 15 year old

07-10-2009, 03:22 AM
orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-orlando-police-investigation-070909,0,7374503.story
OrlandoSentinel.com
Orlando police officer charged with beating teen

Bianca Prieto

Sentinel Staff Writer

2:52 PM EDT, July 9, 2009

A veteran Orlando police officer is on paid leave following allegations that he beat a 15-year-old boy in April.

Officer Rod Johnson, who works as liaison to City Commissioner Daisy Lynum's office, was charged last week with two counts of battery in the off-duty incident. He was placed on paid leave yesterday.

An investigation concerning Johnson's actions was launched by police on April 16, a day after the offense was reported.

Orlando officers responded to an apartment complex in the 1800 block of S. Kirkman Road around 8:30 p.m. on April 15 on a report of a battery. Details about the incident were not released because it is an ongoing investigation, according to police spokeswoman Sgt. Barbara Jones.

It remains unclear what happened that night or how Johnson and the victim know each other.

The Orlando Sentinel is not naming the victim.

The Orange-Osceola State Attorney's Office filed two counts of misdemeanor battery against Johnson on July 2, according to spokeswoman Danielle Tavernier. He was given a notice to appear in court, but was not arrested.

Johnson has worked as a school resource officer in the past and is currently assigned to the crime prevention division in the community relations unit. He will continue to be paid while on leave, Jones said. Records show he earns $66,000 a year.

Johnson does not have any disciplinary history on record with the police department.

Check back for more information.

Copyright © 2009, Orlando Sentinel

07-10-2009, 07:24 AM
Who snitched him out to IA. I heard it was another officer.

07-11-2009, 03:51 AM

Thanks for whoever "snitched" on him. They did the right thing. He did not.

07-13-2009, 12:59 AM

Were you there..oh wait you were not....but you did read about it in the newspaper so it must be true right?

08-22-2009, 08:03 PM

Were you there..oh wait you were not....but you did read about it in the newspaper so it must be true right?

That's really poor logic to argue with. You weren't there either. But you heard about it from another cop so it must be true, right?

See...poor logic. Go get an education.

08-24-2009, 12:27 AM

That's really poor logic to argue with. You weren't there either. But you heard about it from another cop so it must be true, right?

See...poor logic. Go get an education.

Actually Mr/Mrs. smarta*s*s...if you only knew......