PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Class Roll Call

gcopter
07-07-2009, 08:19 PM
Before I ask anybody else, here's my status. I've gone as far as finishing my physical, around the beginning of June. Here we are, July 7, 2009, and I've yet to receive any communications from the department, pertaining my status in the hiring process. :shock:
So, naturally, in the absence of official info, I turn my attention to this wonderful and entertaining resource; LEOAFFAIRS.COM. I'm hoping to see anyone in the process to come forward and state where you are(in regards to the hiring process), particularly, those of you who already have a reporting class date. I would like to confirm that there actually is a clear reporting date. I've read around here an August 24 date. In my case, I can tell you from a source close to me inside the department, that the hiring freeze is for people who are looking to apply and who are not, actually "in" the hiring process. So I guess then that if you have not been called yet, it does not necessarily mean that you won't be hired, you will just have to wait longer (hope this isn't my case :snicker: )

Sound off. :cop:

07-08-2009, 05:33 PM
I did my physical and 2nd Psych in April, when I went to turn in my Medical questionaire package I was told that the next 2 academies were full. In May I recieved my final approval notice and now I'm playing the waiting game waiting. I guess I'll be in sometime next year.
Good Luck to you and everyone else.

gcopter
07-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Exactly what does the second physical involves? Is it only a matter of filling the questionnaire and the drug test?

07-08-2009, 05:50 PM
2nd psych not physical.

gcopter
07-08-2009, 08:04 PM
Ok,2nd psych, now I'm really :shock: . When I took the psych, there was a written and an interview with the shrink, right after the written. Is there another visit to the shrink? I'm confused, because I'm also applying for dispatcher, and the process is very similar. I can tell you I've had thus far, two polygraphs, two psych's and two backgrounds. :|

07-08-2009, 08:30 PM
Ok,2nd psych, now I'm really :shock: . When I took the psych, there was a written and an interview with the shrink, right after the written. Is there another visit to the shrink? I'm confused, because I'm also applying for dispatcher, and the process is very similar. I can tell you I've had thus far, two polygraphs, two psych's and two backgrounds. :|

Wow, you've been through alot. The 2nd Psych is usually done around your Medical, they were saying that they were gonna get rid of it. Was it mentioned in your orientation? Did you recieve a conditional job offer? Was it mentioned there? Mine was if not don't worry about it. No news is better than bad new.

gcopter
07-08-2009, 11:33 PM
As far as I know, all I got left over is to get the pre employment offer along with the drug screening test, just before the academy. Due to things being what they are nowadays, I have not received a pre employment offer from either job; dispatcher or P.O.. I was really hoping I was going to get into the next class this summer. As it turns out, there are people way ahead of me. Not easy having to wait, as I had to really get physical and loose 20 pounds plus (which I attained through exercise and dieting, and I really hate to loose that edge, so I'll be on this regime until I get called for the academy :devil: ).

07-10-2009, 10:37 PM
The academy is cancelled. Next one might not be until 2011. Dont hold your breath.