PDA

View Full Version : I hope this isn't true

07-06-2009, 11:49 PM
Is there any truth to the rumors that unnamed developers are buying several parcels of land in order to open an alternative lifestyle resort within city limits?

07-07-2009, 12:39 PM
Sure is. Newton is trying to railroad it through and Resnick is going to act like he does not support it. Green is drinking the booze he got from the developers.(so he is good and drunk for the vote) Flippen will support it because Gary told him too. Galatis is clueless. Gallegos will look the other way when it comes to any permitting and impact fees because Gary and Scott told him too. This is how it works, while behind the scenes the developers will grease Newton and Resnick (contribute to their campaign). The residents get the shaft all the way around as usual. It is useless to object or support it. The deals are done.

07-07-2009, 12:48 PM
po7u55zk8881
Is there any truth to the rumors that unnamed developers are buying several parcels of land in order to open an alternative lifestyle resort within city limits?

You said it RUMORS....Just more crap from leoaffairs, please arent you smart enough to figure out all the lies on this forum??

07-07-2009, 02:07 PM
po7u55zk8881

You said it RUMORS....Just more crap from leoaffairs, please arent you smart enough to figure out all the lies on this forum??

so tell us where are the parcels of land for this susposed resort??

07-07-2009, 02:30 PM
:D

07-07-2009, 03:05 PM
How does a city manager who blames his former employees for a couple hundred thousand dollar mistake keep his job? Incidentally the former employees were not asked to leave because of this mistake they were asked to leave for other reasons. Also they quietly quit they were not even fired. It's high time we get a real city manager that can actually manage a city. In the real world a mistake this big would certainly result in a firing. :oops: :oops: :oops: :shock: :shock: :shock:

07-07-2009, 03:25 PM
How does a city manager who blames his former employees for a couple hundred thousand dollar mistake keep his job? Incidentally the former employees were not asked to leave because of this mistake they were asked to leave for other reasons. Also they quietly quit they were not even fired. It's high time we get a real city manager that can actually manage a city. In the real world a mistake this big would certainly result in a firing. :oops: :oops: :oops: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Very true...The city manager is the one who runs the city along with staff on a daily basis...Not the mayor and commission. He should be held responsible.

07-07-2009, 03:28 PM

Very true...The city manager is the one who runs the city along with staff on a daily basis...Not the mayor and commission. He should be held responsible.

Well, there is hope for all the people who are fed up with the way things are:
Don't like it?
THEN QUIT!!!

07-07-2009, 05:55 PM
Then who would work for the city???

07-09-2009, 09:06 PM

GALLEGOS should have been terminated years ago. He has been a puppet for certain city commissioners and could care less about city emplyees. And talk about financial mismanagement. He has and continues to cost the city hundreds of thousands of dollars thru severe mismanagement and poor decisions. He is as spineless as they come and has to be the worst city manager we have ever had. By far.

07-09-2009, 10:12 PM
[quote="Awful Manager":928sg7xs]How does a city manager who blames his former employees for a couple hundred thousand dollar mistake keep his job? Incidentally the former employees were not asked to leave because of this mistake they were asked to leave for other reasons. Also they quietly quit they were not even fired. It's high time we get a real city manager that can actually manage a city. In the real world a mistake this big would certainly result in a firing. :oops: :oops: :oops: :shock: :shock: :shock:

GALLEGOS should have been terminated years ago. He has been a puppet for certain city commissioners and could care less about city emplyees. And talk about financial mismanagement. He has and continues to cost the city hundreds of thousands of dollars thru severe mismanagement and poor decisions. He is as spineless as they come and has to be the worst city manager we have ever had. By far.[/quote:928sg7xs]

Maybe you should submit your resume' for consideration as city manager since your spine is so prominent. What's that? You're an uneducated ape who can only work a blue collar job? Oh, that's what I thought.

07-10-2009, 12:33 AM
[quote="Awful Manager":pme1vl5z]How does a city manager who blames his former employees for a couple hundred thousand dollar mistake keep his job? Incidentally the former employees were not asked to leave because of this mistake they were asked to leave for other reasons. Also they quietly quit they were not even fired. It's high time we get a real city manager that can actually manage a city. In the real world a mistake this big would certainly result in a firing. :oops: :oops: :oops: :shock: :shock: :shock:

GALLEGOS should have been terminated years ago. He has been a puppet for certain city commissioners and could care less about city emplyees. And talk about financial mismanagement. He has and continues to cost the city hundreds of thousands of dollars thru severe mismanagement and poor decisions. He is as spineless as they come and has to be the worst city manager we have ever had. By far.

Maybe you should submit your resume' for consideration as city manager since your spine is so prominent. What's that? You're an uneducated ape who can only work a blue collar job? Oh, that's what I thought.[/quote:pme1vl5z]
Wow!!! We now who you are,as there is not that many supporters of Gallegos. What makes you think that Gallegos haters are blue collar apes? That is pretty presumptive. I'm pretty sure your blue collar apes could care less about writing on this blog, they probably do not even know about it. Try again Scott, Joe,Cindy or Esperanza.

07-10-2009, 04:14 AM
You have to wonder who is the slimier elected politician, SCOTT NEWTON or STACEY RITTER. STACEY has an 100 K upgrade to her PARKLAND home done by a lobbyist who gave money to her campaign. SCOTT NEWTON waives 115K to a company who gave money to HIS campaign. Who is the bigger theif. Answer is SCOTT NEWTON.

07-12-2009, 02:41 AM

Bottomline the City Manager Sucks! He bends over for the commission which is bs. He has no clue what most of his city employees do and would never take the time to even learn.....can you say jellyfish?

07-13-2009, 12:48 PM
[quote="Awful Manager":20v6047o]How does a city manager who blames his former employees for a couple hundred thousand dollar mistake keep his job? Incidentally the former employees were not asked to leave because of this mistake they were asked to leave for other reasons. Also they quietly quit they were not even fired. It's high time we get a real city manager that can actually manage a city. In the real world a mistake this big would certainly result in a firing. :oops: :oops: :oops: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Bottomline the City Manager Sucks! He bends over for the commission which is bs. He has no clue what most of his city employees do and would never take the time to even learn.....can you say jellyfish?[/quote:20v6047o]
Maybe you should challenge him to an IQ test to show how much smarter you are. Oh, whats that? You'll just stick to your bluecollar position? Thats what I thought...

07-13-2009, 05:18 PM
Maybe we should start putting fliers of these posts around town so everyone can see how anti-blue collar you and him are.

07-13-2009, 05:42 PM
Maybe we should start putting fliers of these posts around town so everyone can see how anti-blue collar you and him are.

Noone said anything about being "anti-bluecollar". Your education and reading comprehension is obviously junior college level.
There is, of course, a need for the bluecollar types but it's just about everyone knowing their place and their limitations. Keep doing your bluecollar work and quit second-guessing the actions and decisions of those who are more qualified.
And PLEASE put fliers out so you can see that none of the important people in town would care. I assume the vast majority of criminals you encounter are bluecollar types while an incredibly small portion of those you come in contact with are professionals.

07-13-2009, 06:40 PM

Noone said anything about being "anti-bluecollar". Your education and reading comprehension is obviously junior college level.
There is, of course, a need for the bluecollar types but it's just about everyone knowing their place and their limitations. Keep doing your bluecollar work and quit second-guessing the actions and decisions of those who are more qualified.
And PLEASE put fliers out so you can see that none of the important people in town would care. I assume the vast majority of criminals you encounter are bluecollar types while an incredibly small portion of those you come in contact with are professionals.
So now you are saying that the blue collar city employees are criminals. WOW That says a great deal about the HR department you are in charge of. Keep digging your hole. Your comments illustrate how dumb you really are. Keep posting I love it.

07-15-2009, 04:49 AM
I Q tests mean very little when it comes to city goverment. I am sure BOTOX LIPS Joe Angelo has a very high I Q but look what a disaster he was as a city commissoner and vice mayor. He had to leave town in a bit of a hurry to escape the heat of a federal or state criminal charge. I am sure Joseph Gallegos as a high I Q but look at what a failure he has been as a city manager. You cannot even call him a leader as he has no respect among the employees he supposidly governs but is just a commission caretaker to. We all know he just bends over every time the commission has a request but then that is what prostitutes do. But that is what Mr G is all about. And when you talk about I Q what about FORMER MAYOR SCOTT OPIE NEWTON. He has the I Q of a carrot. Oh no let me take that back. I like carrots. He has No I Q. I guess you do not have to have one to put a carpet or headliner in a car. At least Mayor Resnick has some brains. Got rid or the Code Enforcement slugs so the city can move on. Thanks gary for having the vision a mayor should have to progress the city.

07-15-2009, 10:39 AM
I Q tests mean very little when it comes to city goverment. I am sure BOTOX LIPS Joe Angelo has a very high I Q but look what a disaster he was as a city commissoner and vice mayor. He had to leave town in a bit of a hurry to escape the heat of a federal or state criminal charge. I am sure Joseph Gallegos as a high I Q but look at what a failure he has been as a city manager. You cannot even call him a leader as he has no respect among the employees he supposidly governs but is just a commission caretaker to. We all know he just bends over every time the commission has a request but then that is what prostitutes do. But that is what Mr G is all about. And when you talk about I Q what about FORMER MAYOR SCOTT OPIE NEWTON. He has the I Q of a carrot. Oh no let me take that back. I like carrots. He has No I Q. I guess you do not have to have one to put a carpet or headliner in a car. At least Mayor Resnick has some brains. Got rid or the Code Enforcement slugs so the city can move on. Thanks gary for having the vision a mayor should have to progress the city.
He missed the 2 female slugs. They are the laziest ones. We all know why at least one stayed. At least one new one is not much better( ) ( ). The code enforcement department is awful.

07-16-2009, 04:20 AM
[quote="Wislin Dixie":344s5ljb]I Q tests mean very little when it comes to city goverment. I am sure BOTOX LIPS Joe Angelo has a very high I Q but look what a disaster he was as a city commissoner and vice mayor. He had to leave town in a bit of a hurry to escape the heat of a federal or state criminal charge. I am sure Joseph Gallegos as a high I Q but look at what a failure he has been as a city manager. You cannot even call him a leader as he has no respect among the employees he supposidly governs but is just a commission caretaker to. We all know he just bends over every time the commission has a request but then that is what prostitutes do. But that is what Mr G is all about. And when you talk about I Q what about FORMER MAYOR SCOTT OPIE NEWTON. He has the I Q of a carrot. Oh no let me take that back. I like carrots. He has No I Q. I guess you do not have to have one to put a carpet or headliner in a car. At least Mayor Resnick has some brains. Got rid or the Code Enforcement slugs so the city can move on. Thanks gary for having the vision a mayor should have to progress the city.
He missed the 2 female slugs. They are the laziest ones. We all know why at least one stayed. At least one new one is not much better( ) ( ). The code enforcement department is awful.[/quote:344s5ljb]

The females have been a huge problem but Captain Costello has that situation under complete control at all times.

WMGResident
12-17-2009, 08:14 PM
The area in question for the "alternative lifestyle" resort, as I have been told, is on NE 24th St, between the railroad tracks and NE 13th Ave, in a run-down area. Basically behind Wilton Manors city services. Is there a real problem with an upscale resort wanting to be built, or is this just an anti-gay thing? Perhaps Hooter's or Playboy can come in and build a more suitable resort for you. Like it or not, Wilton Manors is known by the entire gay U.S. population as a gay destination. There are at least 3 other gay resort/guesthouses in Wilton Manors. I welcome a more upscale resort in this town, and welcome new upscale businesses as well, such as the new fantastic venue called The Manor on Wilton Drive. This will bring a lot of revenue into Wilton Manors, and yes, go ahead and say it... the owners pockets too. But that is what people are in business for. So if you're hoping to roll back Wilton Manors to small minded, small town, conservative, little slice of Mayberry, where at one time, people of color were not even welcome, then it's time for you to move on. Times have changed and the LGBT community is here to stay!

10-27-2010, 10:22 PM
They had it right in 2009

10-31-2010, 11:48 PM
They had it right in 2009

Yes a thread wayahead of it's TIME