PDA

View Full Version : ACADEMY START DATES

07-03-2009, 06:09 AM
DOES ANYONE GOT THEM?

07-03-2009, 07:17 PM
August 24 for the next one, and the class is full.

gcopter
07-04-2009, 08:06 PM
How do you know? Are you on it? Do you have insider's knowledge? Do the people that "will be on it" already notified or, will be as soon as the budget is passed?

07-04-2009, 09:14 PM
The average person has waited at least 4-6 months, maybe more after receiving their final approval letter.

07-08-2009, 06:04 PM
Thanks, good to know that's what I thought. Before recieving my final appoval, I was told that the next 2 academies were full...I recieved mine towards the end of May with the economy the way it is and everything else I guess it'll be sometime next year.

07-10-2009, 10:33 PM
The academies for this year are cancelled. Next year doesnt look so good either.

gcopter
07-10-2009, 11:12 PM
Be nice if they would at least, give us a call. :roll:
Even now, I wouldn't apply with FHP :mrgreen:

07-11-2009, 05:19 PM
And who exactly confirmed to you that the 2009 academy(ies) is or are cancelled?

07-12-2009, 05:05 PM
Lord knows where these rumors are coming from, but I spoke with a senior-level official at MDPD and this person indicated that there were 3 classes scheduled for 2009 unless there has been a last minute change which this person is unaware of. (MPI 109 currently in progress)

gcopter
07-12-2009, 08:16 PM
Lord knows where these rumors are coming from, but I spoke with a senior-level official at MDPD and this person indicated that there were 3 classes scheduled for 2009 unless there has been a last minute change which this person is unaware of. (MPI 109 currently in progress)

Yeah, I'd like to think that in effect, that's what it is; a rumor. In my case, my BI was pressing me to get the physical done before the middle of june. Apparently, they were in a hurry to turn in complete applicant's packages, so they could start calling people. But this have not been my case. With the present economy situation making the news on the papers, seems to add some credibility to the "rumors". Think I've mentioned it before on a previous post, about another insider who said to me that those already "in the process" are being considered for hire, but that new vacancies or announcements are on hold pending a resolution of the budget. To tell you the truth, I'd rather have them take their time and workout the budget thing, as opposed to me quitting my present 18 years job (along with seniority), only to find myself out of a job as a PO before my probationary period is up, because the county could no longer afford me.

12-08-2009, 02:59 PM
+1 gcopter!!