PDA

View Full Version : What Happened

07-02-2009, 04:43 PM
It saddens me to see what happened to my home town Venice. I grew up in Venice and attended Venice High School. I had a intrest in Law enforcement so I joined the Venice Police Explorers. I was so proud to be apart of the program and to have Dan Whittaker as my Advisor. It was my dream to be a Police Officer in the City Of Venice. As I approched the age to go in Law Enforcement Venice had a waiting list to hire. I went and worked for another agencey always keeping in mind everything I learned from some of the best Officers in Venice. Now I see what is happing in Venice and it breaks my heart. The Officers I once new have gone away. All because of a Chief who doesent care. I am sure Venice will have a long road to recover but I hope it gets better. I also hear your great Chief wants to get rid of the Explorer Program. I can only hope the Officers that were Explorers will speak up to help the program. One day she will retire and maybe some one like Slapp or McGoogan will take over. For the sake of all of you I hope so. Please stay safe and dont let people like your Chief or certin Capt's and LT's who only care about self promoting them selfs cloud your judgement. I want to say thank you to the Officers who made me a good Law Enforcement Officer: Whittaker, Creapu, Joyce ,Hitt, Treanor(RIP), Dunn, Adrean, Phillips. Thank you for everything.