PDA

View Full Version : Special thanks

06-29-2009, 12:47 AM
Just wanted to stop in and say thanks. I wont go into details, but courtesy was extended to my mother who was stopped for a traffic violation yesterday in the north end of Broward. Thanks! it wont be forgotten...

a D/S to your north....

06-29-2009, 09:57 AM
To the Midnight shift Deputy in District 3 working the lower curb terminal 2 on Sunday night 06/28.
Thank you for your courtesy and professionalism. The incident I'm referring to I was standing on the curb waiting for my wife who was stuck in a traffic traffic jam lower level. I pointed out where she was and whom I am. You immediately stopped the traffic to allow her access to the curb. I thank You. Prior to my making contact with you I watched how you handled the motoring public and pedestrians. Very professional. Keep up the great work. I'm sorry I didn't catch your name due to the heavy traffic . I just wanted you to know I also appreciated the nice comment you made towards me. Retired Sergeant. MS

06-29-2009, 12:21 PM
Maybe you can get him a job as he will be unemployed by the end of the year.

06-29-2009, 01:05 PM
Maybe you can get him a job as he will be unemployed by the end of the year.

Haha yeah, exactly, I bet he figured "I'll jump into traffic for this guy, hopefully get waffled by a car, then I can get worker's comp. They would have to pay out my pension instead of canning me in 4 months. And that would resolve this budget nonsense!"

06-29-2009, 11:43 PM
The soon to be officially named "Jail Guards" by the county commissioners are very angry and delusional at this time. Hopefully it will all work out for them. :snicker:

06-30-2009, 03:05 AM
Just a few things I notice about the airport crew...

1.) Why is it that no one at the airport does anything but eat all day and yell at old people who don't load up their cars fast enough curbside?
2.) The civilian employee crossing guard people seem to hate their life, not to mention their job.
3.) Those on bikes need to accept the fact they are not Evil Knievel.
4.) The posse/civilians who are riding around with orange light bars need to lay off the airhorn.

I'll let you know when I think of more.

06-30-2009, 03:18 AM

1.) Why is it that no one at the airport does anything but eat all day and yell at old people who don't load up their cars fast enough curbside?
2.) The civilian employee crossing guard people seem to hate their life, not to mention their job.
4.) The posse/civilians who are riding around with orange light bars need to lay off the airhorn.

I can only agree with the comment about the idiot county BCCA guy in the pick-up with the orange lights driving around the lower level laying on the airhorn what a TOOL. I got a headache waiting for him to go away. If BSO actually made a presence on the drop-off and pick-up areas then people would obey the no standing in the loading zone unless you are loading and this guy would not have to be so annoying.

I travel more then the average person and I see much better law enforcement at other places such as JFK, LAX DFW ect... Our deputies are seen sitting on their duffs texting while they are supposed to be vigilant at the TSA gates. Never any deputies walking in the terminals or in the baggage claim areas. Just alot of marked units parked in the loading areas of upper and lower and no deputies walking or in public view as they are at many of the other airports around the country as stated above. To avoid being taken over by the county commission you might want to get out and be seen and greet the public and be nice. As a LEO I speak to many other LEO's at the other airports and they are much more professional and put a better face on their agencies then our deputies do at FLL. Just something I noticed. Friendly advice guys and girls assigned to the airport you are being watched and it is noted more than you realize.

06-30-2009, 03:56 AM

I can only agree with the comment about the idiot county BCCA guy in the pick-up with the orange lights driving around the lower level laying on the airhorn what a TOOL. I got a headache waiting for him to go away. If BSO actually made a presence on the drop-off and pick-up areas then people would obey the no standing in the loading zone unless you are loading and this guy would not have to be so annoying.

I travel more then the average person and I see much better law enforcement at other places such as JFK, LAX DFW ect... Our deputies are seen sitting on their duffs texting while they are supposed to be vigilant at the TSA gates. Never any deputies walking in the terminals or in the baggage claim areas. Just alot of marked units parked in the loading areas of upper and lower and no deputies walking or in public view as they are at many of the other airports around the country as stated above. To avoid being taken over by the county commission you might want to get out and be seen and greet the public and be nice. As a LEO I speak to many other LEO's at the other airports and they are much more professional and put a better face on their agencies then our deputies do at FLL. Just something I noticed. Friendly advice guys and girls assigned to the airport you are being watched and it is noted more than you realize.

How do you know they're texting? They could be looking through photos, browsing the internet, taking pictures, playing Snake or trying to look busy doing anything so they don't have to talk to you.

06-30-2009, 04:35 AM
The soon to be officially named "Jail Guards" by the county commissioners are very angry and delusional at this time. Hopefully it will all work out for them. :snicker:

Angry..........thats putting it mildly, and be careful who you laugh at, it could end up biting you in the arse!
In my 20 plus years I have seen this Dept. fall further and further into the slimy cesspool of corruption, you my slovenly "brother" only add to the other turds that make up this sewer we work in. I would say that its about time, as an agency, that all of the areas of BSO stick up for one another. However, we can never do this as a divided agency and maybe it would be for the best of all concerned for us detention "deputies" to go into a metro type situation. Our budget would be our budget and the sheriff would have to look to some other area to take monies from in order to accomodate the DLE staff.
You really have no idea how much money is taken from detention in order to make things work on your side of the tracks!
However you may very well see it in the near future!
I am looking forward to some sort of change, Lamberti couldnt or rather wouldnt do it....you know 30 yrs in a place you owe someone or someone has dirt on you .....political crap I try to stay away from...I did get a laugh out of his last "411 friday" though.....something to the effect of yadda yadda yadda...the county commission is looking into taking over detention.....yadda yadda yadda.....you wont be considered Deputy Sheriffs any longer..........Got news for you Lameducky ....we have never been considered Deputy Sheriffs...not in the sense you make it out to seem anyways!

So whichever way this goes, send us a prayer instead of your snide remarks, you may need ours sometime soon!

06-30-2009, 05:58 AM

Angry..........thats putting it mildly, and be careful who you laugh at, it could end up biting you in the arse!
In my 20 plus years I have seen this Dept. fall further and further into the slimy cesspool of corruption, you my slovenly "brother" only add to the other turds that make up this sewer we work in. I would say that its about time, as an agency, that all of the areas of BSO stick up for one another. However, we can never do this as a divided agency and maybe it would be for the best of all concerned for us detention "deputies" to go into a metro type situation. Our budget would be our budget and the sheriff would have to look to some other area to take monies from in order to accomodate the DLE staff.
You really have no idea how much money is taken from detention in order to make things work on your side of the tracks!

I am looking forward to some sort of change, Lamberti couldnt or rather wouldnt do it....you know 30 yrs in a place you owe someone or someone has dirt on you .....political crap I try to stay away from...I did get a laugh out of his last "411 friday" though.....something to the effect of yadda yadda yadda...the county commission is looking into taking over detention.....yadda yadda yadda.....you wont be considered Deputy Sheriffs any longer..........Got news for you Lameducky ....we have never been considered Deputy Sheriffs...not in the sense you make it out to seem anyways!

So whichever way this goes, send us a prayer instead of your snide remarks, you may need ours sometime soon!

You guys don't want to be run by an all Democrat County Commission. These people are clueless about law enforcement and inherently sympathetic to criminals. They are wooing you right now and like any new love affair there will be a short honeymoon. But this is a marriage destined for failure. They are not interested in helping the detention Deputies but rather this is a power grab for themselves and there corrupt party. Once you go down this road you can't change it and it is going to be a mess. Those people couldn't even run the fire department. Think about it. Virtually no controversy in a fire department but lots of it in a jail.

06-30-2009, 11:14 AM

In my 20 plus years I have seen this Dept. fall further and further into the slimy cesspool of corruption, you my slovenly "brother" only add to the other turds that make up this sewer we work in. I would say that its about time, as an agency, that all of the areas of BSO stick up for one another. However, we can never do this as a divided agency and maybe it would be for the best of all concerned for us detention "deputies" to go into a metro type situation. Our budget would be our budget and the sheriff would have to look to some other area to take monies from in order to accomodate the DLE staff
This is the truth and needs to be repeated

06-30-2009, 07:29 PM
You guys don't want to be run by an all Democrat County Commission. These people are clueless about law enforcement and inherently sympathetic to criminals. They are wooing you right now and like any new love affair there will be a short honeymoon. But this is a marriage destined for failure. They are not interested in helping the detention Deputies but rather this is a power grab for themselves and there corrupt party. Once you go down this road you can't change it and it is going to be a mess. Those people couldn't even run the fire department. Think about it. Virtually no controversy in a fire department but lots of it in a jail.[/quote]

Don't tell us what we want Al you have failed us as a leader and we are ready to take our chances with the county. And the county will not be running the day to day operations of the jail, a real LEO will be and hopefully it will be the man who should have been Sheriff.