PDA

View Full Version : Joining the team

06-27-2009, 04:26 AM
Hey all, I heard many great things about PPines PD; I really look forward to applying with you all, thats if you all are hiring at this time. And by the way, is Larson still working for you all? He is an old college basketball team mate of mine; just wondering. Thanks..

06-27-2009, 04:29 AM
Correction, I meant Lawson..

06-27-2009, 07:26 AM

I don't know a "Larson" or a "Lawson", but as long as you can get out there and intentionally look for criminals and bust your arse to handle calls for 5-10 years, you'll be welcomed with open arms by us road patrol guys, and everyone else within this agency.
As long as you don't start skating calls shortly after your FTO stint, or your probationary period (like most of those in this agency), you'll probably be welcomed with opened arms.

Continue busting your arse and don't try to advance in rank before you've done anything. Just about every single one of our higher ups try to crack down on the very things they were a constant violator of. Do as your FTO's do while in training, but remember that real Officers do things a different and safer way. Our FTO's are excellent Officers, but they only guide you through our policies and statutes of this State. If you really want to get through a career with minimal fights or shootings, hang out with some of the older, mature officers of the road. That's where you'll be taught how to find real crimes in progress. By 'real crimes' I don't mean pulling someone over with a warrant or a little bit of weed, I mean burglaries, robberies, and things of that nature. In fact, it's almost easier to find a burglary than a warrant if you're taught by the right person. If you're taught by the right people, you should be initiating a vehicle or foot chase at least once or twice a month.
Make people respect you for what you have done. All we have now is people forcing you to respect them because of their rank. People who have basically done next to nothing but test well and had some sort of rank slapped on their sleeves or collars. People who have never been respected by road patrol and are forced to because of their testing abilities (which most have practiced on duty at night while avoiding calls).
Everything above may sound hard to accomplish or keep up with, but it really isn't. As long as you hump calls, help out, and on-view a wealth of "excellent arrests", you should be fine.
Good luck.

06-27-2009, 10:37 PM

No, that guy never worked here. He was PAID to be here for a brief time period, but he never WORKED here. I hear that he is currently draining another agency's salary budget.

07-12-2009, 05:02 AM
Wow you can tell we have nothing better to do here at this dpt. I remember that guy, and he was a decent individual; he just decided this dpt was not the place for him so he left. Why speak negative? Gosh!! life goes on. Anyways I hear he is at another agency (MG),doing really well, and currently pursuing a doctorate with their money. Hmmm?? is that draining that dpt's salary? GOOD FOR HIM. Personally, I would never leave the peace and quite here in the Pines for that place; I would have to work. Thank GOD I AM IN THE PINES!!!! :D

07-12-2009, 05:25 AM
Wow you can tell we have nothing better to do here at this dpt. I remember that guy, and he was a decent individual; he just decided this dpt was not the place for him so he left. Why speak negative? Gosh!! life goes on. Anyways I hear he is at another agency (MG),doing really well, and currently pursuing a doctorate with their money. Hmmm?? is that draining that dpt's salary? GOOD FOR HIM. Personally, I would never leave the peace and quite here in the Pines for that place; I would have to work. Thank GOD I AM IN THE PINES!!!! :D
Is it Miami Gardens he works for? Doing well for? Nice!!!!

07-13-2009, 04:01 AM
...... If you're taught by the right people, you should be initiating a vehicle or foot chase at least once or twice a month....

LOL...In Pines?

07-14-2009, 10:41 PM
...... If you're taught by the right people, you should be initiating a vehicle or foot chase at least once or twice a month....

LOL...In Pines?

Buddy....Pines isn't what it used to be. It is the NEW east Miramar....I would agree with you if it was still 1997.

07-15-2009, 02:53 AM

You may think it is no big deal, but keep in mind that a lot of people put a lot of time and effort into training that guy to be a Pembroke Pines police officer. Not to mention all of the money that went into his training. Then once he sat there on light duty as long as he could milk it, he leaves us holding the bag. All of those people that trained him had to do it all over again for his replacement.

Now if he decided to pay back what we put into him, I would agree with your comments. And maybe he did, but I didn't hear about it.

07-29-2009, 01:33 AM
Pines the new East Miramar..lol!!! are you serious. I mean not to knock the city b/c I think the city is really nice in the lovely Pines.
East Miramar= little Miami Gardens.
Pines= Beverly Hills=Best place to raise your family award(well ok not Beverly Hills)..lmfao!!! Keep up the good work brothers in blue, but def not East Miramar.

10-12-2010, 02:53 PM

I don't know a "Larson" or a "Lawson", but as long as you can get out there and intentionally look for criminals and bust your arse to handle calls for 5-10 years, you'll be welcomed with open arms by us road patrol guys, and everyone else within this agency.
As long as you don't start skating calls shortly after your FTO stint, or your probationary period (like most of those in this agency), you'll probably be welcomed with opened arms.

Continue busting your arse and don't try to advance in rank before you've done anything. Just about every single one of our higher ups try to crack down on the very things they were a constant violator of. Do as your FTO's do while in training, but remember that real Officers do things a different and safer way. Our FTO's are excellent Officers, but they only guide you through our policies and statutes of this State. If you really want to get through a career with minimal fights or shootings, hang out with some of the older, mature officers of the road. That's where you'll be taught how to find real crimes in progress. By 'real crimes' I don't mean pulling someone over with a warrant or a little bit of weed, I mean burglaries, robberies, and things of that nature. In fact, it's almost easier to find a burglary than a warrant if you're taught by the right person. If you're taught by the right people, you should be initiating a vehicle or foot chase at least once or twice a month.
Make people respect you for what you have done. All we have now is people forcing you to respect them because of their rank. People who have basically done next to nothing but test well and had some sort of rank slapped on their sleeves or collars. People who have never been respected by road patrol and are forced to because of their testing abilities (which most have practiced on duty at night while avoiding calls).
Everything above may sound hard to accomplish or keep up with, but it really isn't. As long as you hump calls, help out, and on-view a wealth of "excellent arrests", you should be fine.
Good luck.

I love advice about trying not to advance quickly. LOL! "Whatever you do, don't prosper too quickly. Yeah, you'll make more money, and yeah you'll have more responsibility, but being road patrol for 30+ years is way cooler." It's like you're implying that smart, driven people advance. That sounds logical to me. Why would anyone want an intellectually-challenged patrol tard with a giant chip on his shoulder to be in charge of others?

My advice; advancement is a good thing. It equates to being motivated and taking on things greater than just you. I do agree that you should work hard, but be careful who you hang with. Judging by this post, it appears that there is a sect of lower intelligence officers who just want to stay put in their cruisers and hand out tickets all day. That’s fine, but taking on more responsibility and taking initiative seems to lead to advancement. As far as “testing well” goes; anyone can do well on the test. It’s all in how hard you work for it. People like this disgruntled officer, probably would rather go hang with their other disgruntled buddies, than hunker down and study. This is probably why they stay at the bottom of the heap. Common sense seems to always prevail. Work hard, have a good attitude and the promotions will come.

10-16-2010, 10:41 AM

quote]

I love advice about trying not to advance quickly. LOL! "Whatever you do, don't prosper too quickly. Yeah, you'll make more money, and yeah you'll have more responsibility, but being road patrol for 30+ years is way cooler." It's like you're implying that smart, driven people advance. That sounds logical to me. Why would anyone want an intellectually-challenged patrol tard with a giant chip on his shoulder to be in charge of others?

My advice; advancement is a good thing. It equates to being motivated and taking on things greater than just you. I do agree that you should work hard, but be careful who you hang with. Judging by this post, it appears that there is a sect of lower intelligence officers who just want to stay put in their cruisers and hand out tickets all day. That’s fine, but taking on more responsibility and taking initiative seems to lead to advancement. As far as “testing well” goes; anyone can do well on the test. It’s all in how hard you work for it. People like this disgruntled officer, probably would rather go hang with their other disgruntled buddies, than hunker down and study. This is probably why they stay at the bottom of the heap. Common sense seems to always prevail. Work hard, have a good attitude and the promotions will come.

Let me see if I've got this straight. You believe that only people with motivation are the one's taking these promotional exams? I'll only agree with you if you mean that it motivates them to do next to nothing at all when they get promoted. What's been par for the course my li'l grasshopper is that they've done absolutely nothing on the road, they do even less now, they get fat from eating their entire shift at a restaurant, they barely listen to the radio, some of their guns and handcuffs are rusted into their holsters, they don't believe they should handle ANY calls, and they like to tell stories about their so-called experiences. I have to admit that this doesn't include every single member of our ranks, just the large majority of them.

I know you're gonna refuse to believe my next comment, but in order to better yourself as a Supervisor, you need to accept it as a truth. Rookies on up to the old timers will always respect experience over rank. This even includes the "30+ years road patrol tards" that love being where they're at. The chips on the shoulder come from people like yourself.

I'll check back in another year and four months to see what your response was. And please have someone proofread it first.

10-24-2010, 11:43 PM
Pines the new East Miramar..lol!!! are you serious. I mean not to knock the city b/c I think the city is really nice in the lovely Pines.
Pines= Beverly Hills=Best place to raise your family award(well ok not Beverly Hills)..lmfao!!! Keep up the good work brothers in blue, but def not East Miramar.

weston is pretty nice as well. pines is up there though. these two are the nicest places in broward. similar to parkland

10-25-2010, 01:50 PM

weston is pretty nice as well. pines is up there though. these two are the nicest places in broward. similar to parkland

Pines can not be compared to Parkland...Pines has a lot more crime than Parkland. And no...I'm not a Pines LEO.

10-27-2010, 11:36 PM

Pines can not be compared to Parkland...Pines has a lot more crime than Parkland. And no...I'm not a Pines LEO.

ok, maybe not parkland, but the last thing that pines may be is a "hood" city. the occasional shooting, ok. the occasional car jacking or robbery, yea it happens everywhere. pines cops should try working off sistrunk or lauderhill, or laud lakes, pompano, carver ranches or areas similar to that for a week or two. if thats stuff isnt happening on a normal basis there, then its a slow day. pines cops are a great group of guys and gals, but the hardest thing for them i think is deciding where they might eat (many good places).

10-28-2010, 05:18 AM

ok, maybe not parkland, but the last thing that pines may be is a "hood" city. the occasional shooting, ok. the occasional car jacking or robbery, yea it happens everywhere. pines cops should try working off sistrunk or lauderhill, or laud lakes, pompano, carver ranches or areas similar to that for a week or two. if thats stuff isnt happening on a normal basis there, then its a slow day. pines cops are a great group of guys and gals, but the hardest thing for them i think is deciding where they might eat (many good places).

I knew this when I applied. As a matter of fact I think we are accepting applications. If you are interested, apply, if not go to your PD's page and *****. Im going to eat.

11-01-2010, 04:19 PM
[quote="10-40":20atjtl9]Pines the new East Miramar..lol!!! are you serious. I mean not to knock the city b/c I think the city is really nice in the lovely Pines.

I knew this when I applied. As a matter of fact I think we are accepting applications. If you are interested, apply, if not go to your PD's page and *****. Im going to eat.[/quote:20atjtl9]

ur absolutely right. i think i am gonna apply

01-01-2011, 08:05 PM
I would like to see a few Pines cops (the scary/****y ones that talk shizzit) come to Dade County in Miami Gardens, N. Miami, Northside, or Miami (city) to work. Pines has some great cops, but the majority would probably have to ride as 3 or 4 man units.

01-06-2011, 07:26 AM

LOL...In Pines?

Buddy....Pines isn't what it used to be. It is the NEW east Miramar....I would agree with you if it was still 1997.

bwaa!! ok! pines is nice neighbor hoods, good restaurants, mostly middle to upper class areas, and retirement homes. there is absolutely no ghetto in pines. u might get some traffic coming in from gardens or miramar but pines does not have any thing that you would label as a "problem". hahah "the new east miramar", one to many cop movies for you

01-20-2011, 04:41 AM
Pines like weston or parkland??? Take a look at the public schools in Weston or Parkland and then look at the Pines Public schools and that's all you need to know. Have you been by Pines Middle school? Oh and pass through the Mall on Flamingo and take a look at the fine young men hovering around there with they're fancy gold teeth Then when someone without a drivers license rear ends your car, have a pines motorman show up and tell you to work it out with the other driver or they will find a way to find you at fault and encourage the other driver to fake an injury for insurance fraud. I pray the road patrol ofc. really are looking to help the citizens. I pray that the majority of officers are not like the motorman who did not want to do an accident report.

01-22-2011, 03:53 PM
Pines like weston or parkland??? Take a look at the public schools in Weston or Parkland and then look at the Pines Public schools and that's all you need to know. Have you been by Pines Middle school? Oh and pass through the Mall on Flamingo and take a look at the fine young men hovering around there with they're fancy gold teeth Then when someone without a drivers license rear ends your car, have a pines motorman show up and tell you to work it out with the other driver or they will find a way to find you at fault and encourage the other driver to fake an injury for insurance fraud. I pray the road patrol ofc. really are looking to help the citizens. I pray that the majority of officers are not like the motorman who did not want to do an accident report.

You must be thinking of another city. Our motormen have not been dispatched to crashes in years.