PDA

View Full Version : Message from IA PRO

06-25-2009, 06:58 PM
Memo

To: All Officers

Assuming that the average officer at SPD makes $ 25.00 an hour and makes $ 20K a year in detail pay, with the new Detail pay scale that will mean:

1. The officer will receive and extra $1,000 in their 401k annually from the Tribe.
2. The Officer will make an extra $ 2.50 an hour on detail. Which assuming 20K will amount to an extra $1,412.00, or $ 21,412.00 annually.

So the average $ 25.00 an hour officer just received an annual compensation increase of 2,412.00 for details and 401k. Add in our $ 1,500.00 wellness incentive and your total raise this year (before your annual 5% in Oct) is $3,912.00 or almost 8.5 % of our starting pay. And the longer you stay the better it gets. All this while BSO is laying off 171 Deputies, The Broward School Board just laid off 400 teachers and the economy is in recession.

So quite complaining about who the North Captain is going to be, who’s vehicle is getting taken away, and what security we have in sky boxes. The outsiders are envious of your 8.5 % raise and because of this generous offering by the Tribe you should choose to represent them with upmost professionalism.

Thank you Chief Latchford, and the Tribal Council for all you are doing to support the Seminole Police Department.

06-25-2009, 08:19 PM
Memo

Assuming that the average officer at SPD makes $ 25.00 an hour and makes $ 20K a year in detail pay, with the new Detail pay scale that will mean:

1. The officer will receive and extra $1,000 in their 401k annually from the Tribe.
2. The Officer will make an extra $ 2.50 an hour on detail. Which assuming 20K will amount to an extra $1,412.00, or $ 21,412.00 annually.

So the average $ 25.00 an hour officer just received an annual compensation increase of 2,412.00 for details and 401k. Add in our $ 1,500.00 wellness incentive and your total raise this year (before your annual 5% in Oct) is $3,912.00 or almost 8.5 % of our starting pay. And the longer you stay the better it gets. All this while BSO is laying off 171 Deputies, The Broward School Board just laid off 400 teachers and the economy is in recession.

So quite complaining about who the North Captain is going to be, who’s vehicle is getting taken away, and what security we have in sky boxes. The outsiders are envious of your 8.5 % raise and because of this generous offering by the Tribe you should choose to represent them with upmost professionalism.

Thank you Chief Latchford, and the Tribal Council for all you are doing to support the Seminole Police Department.

WHAT A CROCK OF $HI.. You must be part of the Command Staff getting scared or you are so far up their A$$ your pretty blue eyes are turning brown. We are happy and grateful with our jobs, we are not happy with the inconsistencies by the Command Staff and by the way they rule with fear, and their DO AS I SAY NOT AS I DO attitude. Every body knows that I can’t turn my neck Major is running the Department. He even ran the other Good Maj. off the dept; and tyrannical, Zigar munching, ego-tripping, power hungry Capt does what he wants. Of course with the help of his Currandero(Santeria Priest), and his crocodile ‘s tooth.

06-25-2009, 11:39 PM
Memo

To: Guest

First I must caution you about making associations with a certain medical condition with someone’s rank. Out of line – Let’s keep it clean.

Recently, we had a Major retire after an exemplary career in law enforcement. 35 + years was enough, believe me nobody ran him out.

We should be fortunate that our new Major was promoted; he is a man with the highest degree of integrity, honesty, and courage. This should install hope to all officers that you can move up through the ranks at SPD. Aside from our new Major another individual that was promoted from the bottom up is someone you obviously don’t like. Command is lonely and the Captain is not here to make friends, he does a job and does it well. As for the Pembroke Pines incident, Did anyone make a complaint? Or is this all hearsay? Did the event actually happen? If so present the necessary evidence to initiate an investigation.

06-26-2009, 02:24 AM
Memo

It may look better if you spell the words correctly. You seem very condescending for being such a dolt.

06-26-2009, 12:07 PM
The spelling MAY be wrong but the Math is so right

06-26-2009, 07:32 PM
Memo

First I must caution you about making associations with a certain medical condition with someone’s rank. Out of line – Let’s keep it clean.

Recently, we had a Major retire after an exemplary career in law enforcement. 35 + years was enough, believe me nobody ran him out.

We should be fortunate that our new Major was promoted; he is a man with the highest degree of integrity, honesty, and courage. This should install hope to all officers that you can move up through the ranks at SPD. Aside from our new Major another individual that was promoted from the bottom up is someone you obviously don’t like. Command is lonely and the Captain is not here to make friends, he does a job and does it well. As for the Pembroke Pines incident, Did anyone make a complaint? Or is this all hearsay? Did the event actually happen? If so present the necessary evidence to initiate an investigation.

If he has a medical condition maybe he should retire and take Capt. Zigar with him . It would be an improvement to the department. Maybe then the department will start caring about its officer’s morale and not about a duty belt.

06-26-2009, 09:46 PM
Memo

If he has a medical condition maybe he should retire and take Capt. Zigar with him . It would be an improvement to the department. Maybe then the department will start caring about its officer’s morale and not about a duty belt. The morale will never be repaired in this administration. This dept needs help.

06-27-2009, 11:51 AM
Pinellas county is letting people go, FHP did not get a raise AGAIN this year, and polk SO has a continual hiring freeze, so your numbers to an outsider look great. I can put up with a lot of political crap for 41000 start plus the details and incentives you described.

06-29-2009, 11:22 PM
Pinellas county is letting people go, FHP did not get a raise AGAIN this year, and polk SO has a continual hiring freeze, so your numbers to an outsider look great. I can put up with a lot of political crap for 41000 start plus the details and incentives you described.
Pinellas County has 20 vacancies, FHP is getting their raise in Nov, Polk County Just put out that they are taking apps and are hiring. So nice try

06-29-2009, 11:25 PM
There is NO state pay raise in 2009/2010 - read the paper and ask a state employee.

Polk announced in last Tuesday's Lakeland Ledger that there is a county wide (including the SO) hiring freeze until further notice.

Pinellas SO PIO announced last week on Bay News 9 that they are unable to fill the vacancies due to the counties tax income short fall.

So nice try back at ya -

06-29-2009, 11:41 PM
Memo

WHAT A CROCK OF $HI.. You must be part of the Command Staff getting scared or you are so far up their A$$ your pretty blue eyes are turning brown. We are happy and grateful with our jobs, we are not happy with the inconsistencies by the Command Staff and by the way they rule with fear, and their DO AS I SAY NOT AS I DO attitude. Every body knows that I can’t turn my neck Major is running the Department. He even ran the other Good Maj. off the dept; and tyrannical, Zigar munching, ego-tripping, power hungry Capt does what he wants. Of course with the help of his Currandero(Santeria Priest), and his crocodile ‘s tooth.

I agree, we are not happy with the inconsistencies. For example, you have to get promoted you have to take the exam right? NO NO I dont think so, we have someone who is an Lt over DB, never took an exam, Mr does does not know how to smile or laugh, OMG WHAT IS THAT? ohh just my shadow, We have someone who went from Sgt, To Lt to Capt of operations, no exam taken, Maybe we have to shrink our uniforms a couple times so the shirts dont fit. But everyone else had to test. HMMMMMM if i am right the score so far in loosing their cars is officers 5 Zigar guy 0. unless i am wrong. be safe Hang in their troops

06-30-2009, 02:58 AM
We agree with you. This so called chief needs to leave. The tribe agrees, I was at a community meeting and they talk of him with no respect, sorry but thats what I here. The department needs an assessment on all the stupid promotions. Starting with Tampa to Hollywood. The Lt in tampa is not respected, just ask. The big guy does what a police officer could do. Brighton needs help and in Hollywood we have Majors, Why? so many, enough is enough. We all know who I'm talking about. Mitchell time for a change. Everyone needs to send a letter to council.