PDA

View Full Version : State of the Unions

06-25-2009, 12:24 AM
FOP: Run by retired folks from the SO who have had their share of problems. NEVER communicate a thing. Never post anything on SONET and yet they negotiate our labor rights.

If you get an IA you can call Ken but he may tell you to just show up and tell the truth and hope for the best. He may tell you you're better off without him because Car 1 and Car 2 don't like him.

If you get in a shooting you can also call Ken. If you talk to some CID and IA investigators they'll tell you it'll be a long drawn out night as they try to coach him along.

You can stop by the FOP hall, might be someone there, might not. Certainly not an attorney or a rep, unless it's a meeting night. If Diane is there she'll tell you to call someone else because A. I don't know how to get into that program, Karl does all that. B. You better call someone else, I'm not really sure. (All this for over $40,000 a year. Don't wonder where your dues go).

PBA: Run by current folks who are from other agencies for the most part and have no personal or business agenda with Car 1 to be held over their head.

If you get in an IA you have an attorney that was a capable Hillsborough S.O. Deputy or Joe C and the troops.

If you get in a shooting, see above. in the words of one SO member who was both an FOP and PBA member at the time of his shooting "By the time the FOP even got around to calling me I already had Joe C and the posse there. I'll never belong to the FOP again".

You can stop by the PBA Office and Cara or another capable staff member will be X12 ready to answer questions. You will probably also find a rep or a real live attorney there. An attorney who is also the exec director who draws a salary and stays at the PBA Office, not his "other" office where he's trying to find traffic court clients to defend so he can later try to win a case against an FOP member that he may represent in a shooting.

Folks, the time has come to realize that the FOP will just never "get it". They are not capable of running negotiations for anyone. They've tried, failed, tried some more and never even communicated the results. Not a peep. And no matter how hard members try to tell them they just close ranks, tell you to come to a meeting or kiss their ass.

Jack tried and the old guard ran him off. Can't blame him for seeing the light and getting out.

Pinpba.com or call Cara at 727-532-1722 for an info packet. The dues are reasonable, the peace of mind is priceless.

Many thanks to Kimberlin and Myers for taking a stand.

06-25-2009, 02:13 AM
What are the PBA dues compared to FOP dues. Can someone just post a side-by-side? Please and thank you, stay safe.

06-25-2009, 10:24 AM
Hey former president Jack, I thought we got rid of you once. Quit posting anonymously and acting like you know what you are talking about. You had no clue then, and you have no clue now. You were and still are an embarrassment that is now soliciting for PBA. That says a lot about you. Of course, quitting and running out of the meeting like a cry baby spoke volumes about you. Do us all a favor and go back to your cubicle and dream of the days when you were presindent for what, 60 something days? Don't worry though, you will make a great mouthpiece for PBA, You going to run for president there also? Maybe you can shoot for at least 90 days as president there, at least until they find out you are operating with a personal agenda.

06-25-2009, 10:42 AM
Hey former president Jack, I thought we got rid of you once. Quit posting anonymously and acting like you know what you are talking about. You had no clue then, and you have no clue now. You were and still are an embarrassment that is now soliciting for PBA. That says a lot about you. Of course, quitting and running out of the meeting like a cry baby spoke volumes about you. Do us all a favor and go back to your cubicle and dream of the days when you were presindent for what, 60 something days? Don't worry though, you will make a great mouthpiece for PBA, You going to run for president there also? Maybe you can shoot for at least 90 days as president there, at least until they find out you are operating with a personal agenda.

Thanks for that great diatribe Karl........Or Steve.

06-25-2009, 10:44 AM
What are the PBA dues compared to FOP dues. Can someone just post a side-by-side? Please and thank you, stay safe.

They aren't very far off from each other, maybe with $5 or $10 a month. And if your basing your decision on that.............................................. ........

06-25-2009, 02:38 PM
The administration likes a weak negotiator like the FOP. It's time for a change.

06-25-2009, 08:40 PM
The administration likes a weak negotiator like the FOP. It's time for a change.

Bingo!

06-28-2009, 07:09 PM
I'm done with the FOP. I am going back to the PBA.

pcpba.org

06-29-2009, 11:33 PM
How do we stop the automatic FOP dues deduction? Do we just call payroll and stop it and I assume the membership will stop then too?

06-30-2009, 12:28 AM
Go to SONET, find the stop payroll deduction form. Fill it out, take it up to the folks in payroll. They will ask you to call Diane at the Lodge to advise her your stopping the payments. That's all. But please either join the PBA or have prepaid legal in place in case of a shooting or IAD investigation....

06-30-2009, 03:38 AM
I heard Frank changed hats and will be the PBA negotiator...go Teamsters!

06-30-2009, 10:37 AM
I heard Frank changed hats and will be the PBA negotiator...go Teamsters!

Nice try Steve. Go grab another beer.