PDA

View Full Version : Agency Memorabilia

Cuco
06-21-2009, 03:53 AM
I'm a collector of police badges and patches, and I was wondering if anyone here could help me on a couple of things.

One, I have a Dade County Constable's badge, but don't know much about the history behind it. Second, I'd like to get a patch (and possibly badge) from way back when it was the Sheriff's Office...you know, old stuff.

Any help would be great.

06-23-2009, 03:32 PM
You'll get nothing, and like it.

gcopter
06-23-2009, 04:01 PM
I'm a collector of police badges and patches, and I was wondering if anyone here could help me on a couple of things.

One, I have a Dade County Constable's badge, but don't know much about the history behind it. Second, I'd like to get a patch (and possibly badge) from way back when it was the Sheriff's Office...you know, old stuff.

Any help would be great.

How far back are you talking about, in regards to the badge? What was different from the present badge?

06-23-2009, 08:15 PM
You'll get nothing, and like it.

Very nice with the brotherhood there, buddy. Your attitude just shines.

Stay Safe, because if you treat everyone like that, you'll need it sooner or later.

Cuco
06-23-2009, 08:23 PM

Any help would be great.

How far back are you talking about, in regards to the badge? What was different from the present badge?

I'm going back to before the department split and became the PSD...so we're looking before the mid 60's. The patch was circular and had the old court house on it. The color scheme of the patch was still brown backing with gold embroidery. The badge was a standard sheriff star - no shield.

The Dade County Constable's badge I have is shaped like the Hialeah one, with an all gold state seal. I think that was dissolved in 1964, but I can't find any information detailing the history.

And if anyone is wondering, yes, I am a LEO; I work for the state.

06-23-2009, 10:28 PM

Any help would be great.

I'm going back to before the department split and became the PSD...so we're looking before the mid 60's. The patch was circular and had the old court house on it. The color scheme of the patch was still brown backing with gold embroidery. The badge was a standard sheriff star - no shield.

The Dade County Constable's badge I have is shaped like the Hialeah one, with an all gold state seal. I think that was dissolved in 1964, but I can't find any information detailing the history.

And if anyone is wondering, yes, I am a LEO; I work for the state.

Sorry to hear that. Are you a pooper, I mean trooper??