PDA

View Full Version : Hiring

06-19-2009, 07:45 PM
When will you guys be hiring again?

Mod 592
06-23-2009, 02:56 AM
Last I heard we were possibly looking to start hiring again around October. Unfortunately the department is only seeking new (uncertified or newly certified) and rookie officers (1-2 years experience) at this time due to the low impact they will have on the budget. The bonuses and incentives are not being offered at this time. This is all subject to change of course. Hope that helps.

Mod 592

06-23-2009, 09:50 AM
Do you need gold in yer grilz to get a job there? :devil:

06-23-2009, 11:33 PM
Awesome I just got certified in April and I'm Jobless for the time being..Thanks for the info...

06-24-2009, 12:10 AM
Your are ignorrant GUESS. Do you need "grilz" to get hire? Are you aware that MGPD is made of Officers from all the country. With an average of approx 10 yrs of experience.

Mod 592
06-25-2009, 01:17 AM
Your are ignorrant GUESS. Do you need "grilz" to get hire? Are you aware that MGPD is made of Officers from all the country. With an average of approx 10 yrs of experience.

Well said. Thank you.

06-27-2009, 10:38 PM
Well when all I see is thugs and garbage in yer city which by the way we here at the county are glad you have to deal with that now I can only ponder....Especially with all the troubled children you guys picked up from Hialeah PD. Have fun can't wait to see what will happen when you guys loose all of the Federal Funding.

Mod 592
06-28-2009, 02:27 PM
Well when all I see is thugs and garbage in yer city which by the way we here at the county are glad you have to deal with that now I can only ponder....Especially with all the troubled children you guys picked up from Hialeah PD. Have fun can't wait to see what will happen when you guys loose all of the Federal Funding.

Don't hate us because you couldn't get hired. The community is definately a challenge, but we are cleaning it up one 39 at a time. As far as federal funding, that is an ignorant rumor and not even close to being true. The county was charging millions of dollars a year for police service. That money now funds our department. The math is simple if you have the aptiute to comprehend it. Don't hate the player, hate the game. As a matter of fact, don't hate at all. :D

06-28-2009, 08:02 PM
I'll think about that while I'm no longer working in da hood like you guys. And as far as your funding... lets see what the future holds for you guys when your upstanding minority citizens can't pay enough on taxes to keep funding all those toys you have. Lets see what the next five years will bring I see Opa Locka future for you guys. It's all about tax base and you guys don't have it. You can polish and spray Lysol on a turd but it is still a turd.

Mod 592
06-28-2009, 09:20 PM
I'll think about that while I'm no longer working in da hood like you guys. And as far as your funding... lets see what the future holds for you guys when your upstanding minority citizens can't pay enough on taxes to keep funding all those toys you have. Lets see what the next five years will bring I see Opa Locka future for you guys. It's all about tax base and you guys don't have it. You can polish and spray Lysol on a turd but it is still a turd.

That was so eloquently put that I can't even forumlate a response to that. Keep the fecal references coming County Guy! :lol:

06-29-2009, 02:32 AM
Guess and Countyguy, why not hope for the better or best for Miami Gardens. I guess you clowns only patrol the pretty areas of Miami Dade. And for your information, MGPD is made up of some of the best from the City of Miami and Miami Dade PD. specially the detective bureau. Well, continue to be ignorant and patrol your problem less areas.

06-29-2009, 02:48 PM
How sad to see people still hating on MGPD; the truth of the matter is, it will not stop anytime soon. Why? I will tell you why, most of these clowns who are hating are the individuals who did not get hired or did not have the balls to come work in MG. I must admit, its not a walk in the park; the troops in the fields at the MGPD are motivated and dedicated police officers who took on the challenge in building a safer community one dirt bag at a time. Dont hate!; come join us. This is history in the making and we have the stage with a national audience. It is not easy; and we still can use a lot of help from other officers out there. Dont forget we are all one big family (Thin blue line).

Mod 592
06-30-2009, 09:39 PM
How sad to see people still hating on MGPD; the truth of the matter is, it will not stop anytime soon. Why? I will tell you why, most of these clowns who are hating are the individuals who did not get hired or did not have the balls to come work in MG. I must admit, its not a walk in the park; the troops in the fields at the MGPD are motivated and dedicated police officers who took on the challenge in building a safer community one dirt bag at a time. Dont hate!; come join us. This is history in the making and we have the stage with a national audience. It is not easy; and we still can use a lot of help from other officers out there. Dont forget we are all one big family (Thin blue line).

Amen Brother! :snicker:

07-13-2009, 03:03 AM
MGPD, fellow brothers in blue. Don't let the clowns who dress in brown spew their hate for other law-enforcement influence the great job you guys are doing. I still come into the area to get a hair cut and food and I have noticed the fine work that you guys are doing. When the county had the area before you guys took over, it was hell in a hand basket. You have good guys from my dept., MPD, and other fine officers from other great dept., who still know what it means to be a brotherhood. You guys can get a 15 from me any day of the week. Now, for the county, lets see how they like their 5% pay cut and their green and whites parked at the station. Never throw bricks at a glass house when yours is made of paper!

07-15-2009, 12:43 PM
can u please hire Lt. coughwell from miami you turned him down once can you pleaase give him a second chance.you hired all our other trash why not him

07-16-2009, 10:55 PM
MGPD, fellow brothers in blue. Don't let the clowns who dress in brown spew their hate for other law-enforcement influence the great job you guys are doing. I still come into the area to get a hair cut and food and I have noticed the fine work that you guys are doing. When the county had the area before you guys took over, it was hell in a hand basket. You have good guys from my dept., MPD, and other fine officers from other great dept., who still know what it means to be a brotherhood. You guys can get a 15 from me any day of the week. Now, for the county, lets see how they like their 5% pay cut and their green and whites parked at the station. Never throw bricks at a glass house when yours is made of paper!

Dear Blue Miami,

"You guys can get a 15 from me any day of the week." Then that last line you wrote. How old were you when you got your GED?

08-17-2009, 03:04 AM
As a trooper I can say (based on experience, not rumor or 3rd party information) that so far we have a good working relationship with MGPD. Y'all have done a great job so far, and will continue to I'm sure. Don't be swayed by the jeers and nay-sayers; keep doing the job you are doing and you will be fine. Personally I have been pulling for your agency to make it; the attitude of everyone in the city seems to be great. Really neat to watch an agency formed from the ground up with so many different backgrounds from across the country and continue to progress. There is some jealousy out there from some who were expecting you to fall on your face and you have not only proved them wrong but have taken even more ownership of your city. Good job! :mrgreen:

08-25-2009, 12:17 AM
Interviewed with MGPD last week. It was straight forward and they treated me great. Should be completing poly etc this Friday. One Captain that interviewed me said he believed the hiring incentives were still in place until December 2009.

08-25-2009, 04:36 AM
Good luck to you!! This Dept is a great place to work. We are having a few growing pains which is expected of any new agency; over all, a great place and plenty of experience to gain. Remember, we are less than two years in service (09) and we are doing a great job. :cop:

08-26-2009, 12:27 AM
Can you all shed some light on a wright's dept jumping ?

08-31-2009, 04:13 PM
LEAVE WRIGHT ALONE. HE IS DOING EXCELLENT AT FT. LAUDERDALE, AND MAKING ALOT OF MONEY. WHAT HAPPENED AT GARDENS STAYS AT GARDENS.

09-09-2009, 05:38 PM
I'm done with everything now. I'm just waiting for my background to be finished. It's been a very smooth process so far. I'm excited to get to work!

GoDawgs
09-10-2009, 01:12 AM
Hey Guys,

I was surprised to see "Miami Gardens PD" patrolling around my old neighborhood recently, (Scott Lake area, 172nd/NW 9th Ct). Lived there from '64-'74. Graduated from Miami Norland in '68, then went to Tampa/USF, and spent 28 years in L.E. retiring in 2000 from the Hillsborough Co. SO. Lots of fond memories, but I know the area changed.....a lot. Whats with Norland and all the high fences? We used to win the "Sportsmanship Trophy" during football season, given out by MDPD!! Then I heard there was a riot there several years ago. MDPD Officer Woods, back in '64-'65 used to stop me a lot when I was doing stupid things on my Vespa, but always gave me a good lecture and never a ticket. He was a legend, and influenced me somewhat to get into law enforcement. I gave lots of young kids on scooters a break when I could, and had a great career. We loved our "Metro (that's what it was then) Dade PD."

I guess you can't go home again.

Good luck brothers and sisters and be safe.

09-21-2009, 01:36 AM
Are you guys going to hire some of us from MPD that got lay-off? Thank you..

10-02-2009, 12:43 AM
I've been with the county for almost 20 years. I am most impressed with Miami Gardens as a city, as a community, and as a department. You have a lot of great people from a lot of great departments. Ignore the "children" posting here; they're just cranky 'cause they have to work for a change. I look forward to having a continued good working relationship with MGPD.

10-05-2009, 09:55 PM
Hey Guys,

I was surprised to see "Miami Gardens PD" patrolling around my old neighborhood recently, (Scott Lake area, 172nd/NW 9th Ct). Lived there from '64-'74. Graduated from Miami Norland in '68, then went to Tampa/USF, and spent 28 years in L.E. retiring in 2000 from the Hillsborough Co. SO. Lots of fond memories, but I know the area changed.....a lot. Whats with Norland and all the high fences? We used to win the "Sportsmanship Trophy" during football season, given out by MDPD!! Then I heard there was a riot there several years ago. MDPD Officer Woods, back in '64-'65 used to stop me a lot when I was doing stupid things on my Vespa, but always gave me a good lecture and never a ticket. He was a legend, and influenced me somewhat to get into law enforcement. I gave lots of young kids on scooters a break when I could, and had a great career. We loved our "Metro (that's what it was then) Dade PD."

I guess you can't go home again.

Good luck brothers and sisters and be safe.

Just wanted to say that post brought a smile to my face. From a newbie to a retiree, enjoy your retirement!

I also hope the best for MGPD, they seem to have a lot going for them and have done a great job from everything I have heard and read. Congrats

10-15-2009, 01:10 AM
Does anyone know if the department is going to be hiring soon?

10-15-2009, 04:05 AM

Hey fool. The brand new police dept. dropped crime by 20% in an area you brown gown clowns have been patroling since the county has been a county. A start up dept, with all new people who have never worked together, dropped crime by 20%, in an area you have "serviced" forever. If that doesn't make you hang your head in shame, nothing will.
You should worry more about every part of the county incorporating to form their OWN POLICE DEPT. Can you say, adventura, pinecrest, biscayne village, doral, sunny isles. Add to that Westchester. It has a group wanting to form a city for police service. West Kendall too. And MG has the same tax base that funded you clowns. Sooner than you think, you brown gowns will be at the port and airport, and no other place in the county. I will say this, you have balls trashing a dept that is doing a much better job, than your mighty big brown ever did. But you guys have always talk a great game. And don't give me the big is better BS. MGPD has just shot that down in flames to crash and burn on impact. Kept the lysol, the only turds around here are you brown gown clowns. MGPD, don't let these county people give you any crap. When they trash you, just ask then if they know what 20% means. Congrats on a great job.

10-15-2009, 04:14 AM
can u please hire Lt. coughwell from miami you turned him down once can you pleaase give him a second chance.you hired all our other trash why not him

Hey rookie, all the people they hired from other agencies, were not slugs. Comparing them to your Lt. is a crock of SH*T. Trash doesn't drop a crime rate by 20% moron. And I do not work for MGPD. Just admire the guts and hard work they are doing, that the county never did.