PDA

View Full Version : No Respect from LPD

06-18-2009, 11:17 PM
Just thought that the evening shift patrol Sergeant that works for LPD is a bit arrogant. Waved as I passed him, no response and he was looking dead at me in a marked cruiser. Can't figure that one out, a few of you make the rest of you look like arrogant pricks. I'm well aware that it works both ways, thats why I wave, even when I may get no response from a cop with a grudge.

06-19-2009, 04:36 AM
GET OVER YOURSELF...stop looking for a reason to be insulted...seriously...its sad! You ever have a lot on your mind? Do you pay attention to every single person that waves to you? Have you ever noticed that someone waves just as you pass them and wave back too late? Seriously grow up and stop being so insecure. Sgt's have a lot on their mind when they drive, as do we all. Just because you wave one time and he did not pay attention does not mean he is arrogant or being rude. Plus today was a very busy day with multiple code calls, use of force, and different internal things going on. So please, with all the respect in the world, find something more important to get insulted about.

And have a nice day and be safe!

Sincerely,

A brother in blue.

06-19-2009, 09:13 PM
Your right, he wasnt looking right at me with both hands on the steering wheel, he was looking behind me or something. I'm just so inobservant that I cannot tell when someone is looking at me. And clearly brotherhood doesnt start with the simple gesture that for years has been a wave when passing or tapping your spotlight on and off to signify a greeting. But now that I see what a nazi your City Manager is, I understand why some of you are devoid of personality. Your Chief got screwed.

06-19-2009, 09:36 PM
As the other poster said, stop getting so insulted over nothing.

06-19-2009, 09:45 PM
What is funny is that when I was doing ride alongs I remember Deputies in PCSO talking about, "How horrible the people in largo are." I am sure the deputies talking were ex employees otherwise why say anything negative about another department like that?

Then I rode with LPD expecting the worst...only to be very surprised. The officers here are very friendly, outgoing, and polite. There is very very little drama here, almost everyone gets along. I enjoy coming to work and the environment here is great.

I am not sure why Largo got such a bad reputation, but my guess is its several years old and no longer deserved. Get to know the officers in largo before you talk so negatively about them. After all, its not like your agency, PCSO, PPPD,SPPD,CPD, do not have your own bad apples.

06-23-2009, 02:08 AM
What is funny is that when I was doing ride alongs I remember Deputies in PCSO talking about, "How horrible the people in largo are." I am sure the deputies talking were ex employees otherwise why say anything negative about another department like that?

Then I rode with LPD expecting the worst...only to be very surprised. The officers here are very friendly, outgoing, and polite. There is very very little drama here, almost everyone gets along. I enjoy coming to work and the environment here is great.

I am not sure why Largo got such a bad reputation, but my guess is its several years old and no longer deserved. Get to know the officers in largo before you talk so negatively about them. After all, its not like your agency, PCSO, PPPD,SPPD,CPD, do not have your own bad apples.

OK I am gonna put my 2 cents in... I normally can understand if they don't wave back happens even with PCSO and I don't wave back in time myself because I catch it too late.... no biggie... but I must say LPD lacks personality... numerous occasions when on meal I have meet with other deputies and FHP and we eat together.... LPD in their own corner and none give more then a nod if your lucky. Even FHP made comment when LPD left and said how they seem to have no sense of brotherhood... I agree. LPD really is not the real deal guys... stop being robots. :devil:

06-23-2009, 04:53 AM
Are you being serious? If your hearts are so broken by feeling left out, why don't you say hello to us, or come sit with us or by us. Seems like someone is throwing stones in a house of mirrors. Grow up. Not sure which one you are, but several of you have made effort to converse, (though they still sit all the way across the room), and any and all of us are more than happy to chat with you too. If you've had a bad experience with one of us, how about growing a pair and talk it out with whoever it is. I've never had an issue with any of you. Moreover, I consider the vast majority of you my friends, so kindly stop stirring the pot.

06-23-2009, 06:44 AM
Most of the anti-largo posts are probably the same 2 or 3 people.

I also am very proud to work in Largo. Stop immediately assuming we are all, "Robots" I have worked in three different agencies and I can tell you that the people in Largo are just like the ones in PCSO, FHP, or ANY other agency. Same spread of personalities, skills, nice guys, jerks, etc. There is no difference.

I mean think about how often people lump you in a stereotype just because you are a cop. They (citizens) can be too ignorant to know that there are as many personalities as there are cops. Do not be like them. If you see me in a restaurant say hello if for some reason I do not do so first. Remember, the 2 of 3 pot stirrers aside, we ARE all co-workers and brothers in law enforcement.

06-25-2009, 12:18 AM
Yeah, I have to say I've passed a bunch of deputies who didn't wave back. But I NEVER took it personally. I assume they just didn't see me. Same thing when I pass FHP, Sunstar, LFD, etc. The other driver was probably just daydreaming... I know, I know - nice officer safety, right?

Don't get too bent. We all like each other, seriously. I eat with the guys in green and white at the local sub shop when they invite me. Otherwise I assume they don't want my company.

No biggie! Stay safe.