PDA

View Full Version : Good Morale

06-18-2009, 10:26 PM
I have not been on this site for quite a while. I am a Largo Officer and really grew tired of all the bantering and mindless complaining that seemed to go on in this forum. Well the topic of LEO Afffairs came up the other day and I figured I would check it out just to see what kind of nonsense is being thrown around and who is on the rumor hotseat at the moment. Consdering everything that has been going on lately (IA's, Layoffs, possible paycuts, etc.) I assumed the site would be slammed.

Well to my pleasent surprise, there has been almost zero complaints and/or bashing going on here. And the few things that have come up appear to have been brought here by outside agencies or maybe bitter ex-employees trying to start a fire. I take this as a great representation of the mindframe of our officers currently and of morale at this angency as a whole. We all know that right now is a difficult time for the law enforement community. We are all having to give up certain luxuries and forced to feel "the crunch" of a tightened economy. On top of the economical problems, there has been a lot of movement within the agency and a fair amount of "unfortunate incidents" that have occurred and could easily be left up to condemnation and personal criticism, whether it be the incidents themselves or the way our agency has handeled them. However, it appears that we here at LPD have finally learned the importantce of being proffesional and accepting of the way that our agency is being run.

I, personally, feel that given the current circumstances morale at our department is better than it has been in a long time. It doesnt hurt that I feel we have dropped some of the dead weight that had brought us down for quite a while. I sincerely enjoy working for Largo Police Department and with almost every officer employed here. I feel that our agency is handling the economic struggles in the best way possible at this point and appreciate the loyalty that they have shown to their officers by not taking the easy way out, a.k.a. sworn officer layoffs.

I can finally be proud of this forum and feel that when viewed by a largo citizen or outside agency LEOs, it is no longer an embarrasment as these forums are to so many other agencies. Thank to everyone.