PDA

View Full Version : Contract?? Wow what a joke....

06-13-2009, 05:45 AM
Well after looking at the proposed contract today I must say, what a joke.. If any of us vote for this we must have STUPID written on our foreheads...Look at the writting on the wall in reference to health insurance...Yes I can see us paying for our own insurance in the future. Yes tough economic times, and it is not right to take raises at this time but to possibly go after our health benefits next year Please.... Nothing for the deputies in the contract, all for the sheriff... What about giving something for the deputies, maybe raising details to $25 an hour? I am voting NO on this piece of junk!!! Thanks again union...

06-14-2009, 07:30 AM
OLDTIMER

YOU ARE 100 PERCENT CORRECT. THE CONTRACT SUCKS. THERE IS NOTHING IN THERE THAT WILL BENEFIT US. WHY WOULD WE SIGN THAT CRAP???????????? I CAN UNDERSTAND NOT GETTING RAISES BUT THEY ARE TAKING MONEY AWAY FROM US AND WE ARE NOT GETTING ANY PERKS WHATSOEVER. THIS IS THE ULTIMATE SLAP IN THE FACE FROM THE SHERIFF. IT SHOWS HOW HE REALLY FEELS ABOUT US. ANYONE WHO VOTES YES ON THAT BS CONTRACT IS MISINFORMED OR JUST PLAIN STUPID. JUST MY TWO CENTS ON THE ISSUE :D

06-14-2009, 11:27 PM
WHY WOULD WE VOLUNTEER TO GIVE UP OUR MEDICAL BEN. WE ARE GIVING UP TO MUCH AND IT IS GOING TO BITE US. NOT ONLY ARE WE NOT GETTING RAISES BUT WE ARE GOING TO HAVE TO SPEND AN EXTRA $300 FOR OUR OWN MEDICAL COVERAGE. GLAD WE ARE PAYING OUT TO OUR UNION TO STICK UP FOR US.

06-15-2009, 11:54 PM
Hey little boys ,,,Did you even give any input for this contract...No you did not... quick to complain but never on the front lines to HELP or SUGGEST... I do not agree with the contract and I will give my input for round 2.... Like I did for round 1,, This is not set in stone so help out rather than BASHING people... Show your face at the next contract meeting..If you don't than hide under your rocks and keep your mouth shut.... :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

06-17-2009, 12:12 PM
Hey little boys ,,,Did you even give any input for this contract...No you did not... quick to complain but never on the front lines to HELP or SUGGEST... I do not agree with the contract and I will give my input for round 2.... Like I did for round 1,, This is not set in stone so help out rather than BASHING people... Show your face at the next contract meeting..If you don't than hide under your rocks and keep your mouth shut.... :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Show your face, come out from behind your anonymous name on this forum. Why is it that they always try to figure out who is posting?
The 1st ammendment says we don't have to shut up. If I want to post something here I will.
The contract sucks and I can't wait to get out of here. When suggestions are shrugged off too often it makes some of us not want to participate in anything. I know I won't suck up to anybody and I will continue to do as I have.

06-17-2009, 12:13 PM
First of all,our president should not be working for the agency he represents.What a joke this is.He has 3 faces!!!How can an employee be in this position when we have no real job security.Of course he is watching out for the man.Wake up!!! :shock: :shock:

06-17-2009, 02:08 PM
First of all,our president should not be working for the agency he represents.What a joke this is.He has 3 faces!!!How can an employee be in this position when we have no real job security.Of course he is watching out for the man.Wake up!!! :shock: :shock:
When a person is a brown noser, they will look out for the man no matter what. There is no job security here for those of us who don't suck up but some of us have learned to play their games. The prez doesn't need to work for the agency he represents especially when the prez has somewhat of a checkered past himself. He has turned the FOP house into a FLOP house. :shock: :snicker: :cop:

06-17-2009, 09:06 PM
Hey PETE I noticed you did not print your name on these blogs either :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

06-17-2009, 09:32 PM
Hey PETE I noticed you did not print your name on these blogs either :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

For Pete's sake..... or is it sweet Melissa? :evil: :evil: :cop:

06-17-2009, 09:36 PM
maybe its Ex-deputy craig Baxley....???hmmmmm :devil:

06-17-2009, 09:47 PM
maybe its Ex-deputy craig Baxley....???hmmmmm :devil:
No don't think so. :devil: :devil:

Peter, Peter pumpkin eater,
Had a wife but couldn't keep her;
He put her in a deputies shell
And there he kept her very well.

Peter, Peter pumpkin eater,
Had another and didn't love her;
Peter learned to read and spell,
And then the agency went to ____.

06-18-2009, 01:56 AM

We pay the union enough money to do something that's in our best interest.

You got my money every month.. Is that not enough input?

06-20-2009, 10:10 AM
No sorry we do not have CRYSTAL BALLS so we can not read your minds..

06-20-2009, 12:29 PM
No sorry we do not have CRYSTAL BALLS so we can not read your minds..
steve go suck eggs

06-24-2009, 01:19 PM
I know pay is out of the question. But what about other things? How about getting more time off. Increase the vacation time to 180 hours at least since we are now taking 84 hours instead of 80 when we take 2 weeks off. They took vacation time from us when we went to an 84 hour work week and made us work longer time. How about a holiday for birthdays. They also could get something in writing about step increases being retroactive in the upcoming years and given as back pay. If miss my step increase this year i want it to be made up and not just skipped. Why should i have to suffer worse than the maxed out guys and have to work 19 years to get 17 steps?

06-26-2009, 08:26 PM
Thats a very good point.A paid holiday off for birthdays .or how about even 2 personal days off a year.Or how about 3 free days off if you do not take a sick day in a year!!!what does any of this cost them..nothing...but they dont care cause they sit behind desk making 100 k a year and go home when they want.Even bargain 3 hours extra annual time a month...something!!

06-27-2009, 03:46 AM
Thats a very good point.A paid holiday off for birthdays .or how about even 2 personal days off a year.Or how about 3 free days off if you do not take a sick day in a year!!!what does any of this cost them..nothing...but they dont care cause they sit behind desk making 100 k a year and go home when they want.Even bargain 3 hours extra annual time a month...something!!
great suggestions! do you think anyone will listen though?