PDA

View Full Version : Does writing tickets/working wrecks get old?

06-07-2009, 12:18 PM
As somebody out of state who is looking to get into law enforcement here in Florida, I have given serious consideration to FHP being that I work in a traffic unit at the PD I'm currently at. That being said, do you guys find that working traffic gets old after awhile and you wish you could do "patrol" type of calls like the locals do, or are you happy working the highways? Any help would be appreciated.

06-07-2009, 12:45 PM
As somebody out of state who is looking to get into law enforcement here in Florida, I have given serious consideration to FHP being that I work in a traffic unit at the PD I'm currently at. That being said, do you guys find that working traffic gets old after awhile and you wish you could do "patrol" type of calls like the locals do, or are you happy working the highways? Any help would be appreciated.

Don't consider FHP. Starting pay is 33k and Troopers from 1-18 years make that salary. You have to promote to the rank of captain to equal what our senior counterparts at SO's and PD's make. FHP is the bottom of the barrel of Florida law enforcement.

06-07-2009, 02:41 PM

Being a state trooper in Florida is a great career. Although you most likely won't become wealthy from your salary, you will have the ability to do what very few law enforcement officers from other agencies can do and that is to save lives. Deaths on the highway are nearly always preventable and that is accomplished through education and enfrorcement. Drunk Driving is the most preventable felony crime and by far the most preventable form of homicide. Most city cops and deputies run from call to call taking reports and do very little proactive enforcement but if you are self motivated consider becoming a state trooper becuase you can develop your own style of working the road and educate and enforce in a way that suits you while still meeting the reuirements of FHP and serving the needs of the public.

However, if you are a whiney, little worm who needs to be taken by the hand and coddled every moment of your working day, then perhaps FHP is not for you. Also, if you are the type of person who will stop nice, expensive cars and become jealous of weatlh and then get upset that you are not making $200,000 a year you should not seek employment with FHP. You will be a public servant working for a great agency (we're going through atough time now but it will be a blip on the screen in your lifetime career) that has a long history of pride and excellence.

06-07-2009, 03:53 PM
FHP has its good and bad. I work with some motivated law enforcers who do a good job and lock up bad guys. I also work with some P.O.S. Troopers that tend to come on LEOAFFAIRS and complain about anything they can.

If you want to be able to work by yourself, FHP is nice. Get familiar with the concept too, because many of the Troopers are too selfish to come help you at calls.

06-07-2009, 04:14 PM
Being a state trooper in Florida is a great career. Although you most likely won't become wealthy from your salary, you will have the ability to do what very few law enforcement officers from other agencies can do and that is to save lives. Deaths on the highway are nearly always preventable and that is accomplished through education and enfrorcement. Drunk Driving is the most preventable felony crime and by far the most preventable form of homicide. Most city cops and deputies run from call to call taking reports and do very little proactive enforcement but if you are self motivated consider becoming a state trooper becuase you can develop your own style of working the road and educate and enforce in a way that suits you while still meeting the reuirements of FHP and serving the needs of the public.

However, if you are a whiney, little worm who needs to be taken by the hand and coddled every moment of your working day, then perhaps FHP is not for you. Also, if you are the type of person who will stop nice, expensive cars and become jealous of weatlh and then get upset that you are not making $200,000 a year you should not seek employment with FHP. You will be a public servant working for a great agency (we're going through atough time now but it will be a blip on the screen in your lifetime career) that has a long history of pride and excellence.

Sorry, but I had to be the first :lol:

http://assets.comics.com/dyn/str_strip/000000000/00000000/0000000/200000/70000/3000/000/273078/273078.full.gif

06-07-2009, 06:23 PM
The best part about FHP is that after 10 years of service your bring home pay (after taxes) will be a little over $2300 a month !

06-07-2009, 06:37 PM
FHP has its good and bad. I work with some motivated law enforcers who do a good job and lock up bad guys. I also work with some P.O.S. Troopers that tend to come on LEOAFFAIRS and complain about anything they can.

If you want to be able to work by yourself, FHP is nice. Get familiar with the concept too, because many of the Troopers are too selfish to come help you at calls. Unfortunately that happens everywhere. As an out of state Dpty Sheriff, I see some poor attitudes from time to time, but overall it's not bad and I enjoy my job. Writing tickets is not my main function though, domestics, fights, narcotics, civils, on and on make my job a little different everyday. Now a stupid question. Why doesn't FHP address the issue of redlight runners? I was warned by my family prior to visiting the panhandle, but until I saw it on a regular basis, I wouldn't have believed it?

06-07-2009, 08:04 PM

Does going to barking dog calls and fighting spouses get old?

06-08-2009, 12:11 AM
If anyone working at a job like this finds that it gets boring, old and is just not motivated anymore, they need to find different employment.

06-08-2009, 10:17 AM
Get a FEDERAL job or a law enforcement job with a step plan. I've been hearing for 15 years how its going to get better around here. It never does. This past year, they were going to take salaries from some of us, so if you do manage to get a couple of pay raises in your career, they may try to take them away from you during your final years of service. The State of Florida is the worst employer in the United States. They treat their workers like scum and they are dead last, even compared to poor states like Arkansas, Mississippi, and Alabama.

06-08-2009, 01:16 PM
quote] Unfortunately that happens everywhere. As an out of state Dpty Sheriff, I see some poor attitudes from time to time, but overall it's not bad and I enjoy my job. Writing tickets is not my main function though, domestics, fights, narcotics, civils, on and on make my job a little different everyday. Now a stupid question. Why doesn't FHP address the issue of redlight runners? I was warned by my family prior to visiting the panhandle, but until I saw it on a regular basis, I wouldn't have believed it?[/quote]
I work in Orlando now, retired leo. You stated the panhandle area, which covers quite a few towns and jurisdictions. I'm from Crestview so I can only comment on that area. Yes, people running redlights is an issue these days, never used to be. Crestview officers do enforce the intersections but keep in mind, they are a local dept with numerous calls for service at all levels. The Okaloosa Sheriffs dept does assist all the localities, but they also have service call areas that can bog them down also.. You addressed this issue under an FHP forum, and it really doesn't apply as an FHP issue. The Crestview troop covers outlying areas and interstate 10, basically outside the populated areas. In addition, depending on the shift, there is little cooperation between FHP and local leos. Two separate mindsets completely, and from what my FHP buddies have said over and over, it can be blamed on the pay scales at FHP. Past 10+years, FHP is not getting the cream of the crop because the state is afraid to pay decent wages.

06-08-2009, 01:25 PM

A little bit of insight:

I always used to hear don't goto the SO or PD unless you want to chase down barking dog calls, or goto domestics day in and day out.

Well let me dispel some of those scare tactics.

1. I have never been to a barking dog complaint, the closet thing was a pit bull chased a drug dealer, he got on-top of a concrete fence and called 911. We got there called animal control, they responded and took the dog.

2. We do goto quite a few fighting spouses. However most of the time it's verbal only. This means that we go, quell the situation, and leave. (5-10 min). When we do have a domestic battery, if it's not too crazy, then it takes 3 hours to do the whole thing. I get about one of these per week, and about one crazy one per month. hmmmm..... That sounds like the same ratio of 'good' crashes I used to get.

80% of what we do is non-exciting, 10% of it is exciting, and the other 10% is balls to the wall "somebody almost died."

Since working for the county I have needed my gun out of my holster nearly everyday. Quite the opposite was the case with FHP. Granted, most of the drawing is for building searches.

So my response is: YES, traffic gets old... and I've never been to a barking dog complaint so It's not old yet, and I don't go to enough domestics for them to get "old", but I don't care for them.

06-09-2009, 11:44 PM

Just a little blip huh? I have on 24 years and make 42,000. That's one hell of a blip and no chance at a livable retirement. Hello 2nd career...

06-10-2009, 01:28 AM

A little bit of insight:

I always used to hear don't goto the SO or PD unless you want to chase down barking dog calls, or goto domestics day in and day out.

Well let me dispel some of those scare tactics.

1. I have never been to a barking dog complaint, the closet thing was a pit bull chased a drug dealer, he got on-top of a concrete fence and called 911. We got there called animal control, they responded and took the dog.

2. We do goto quite a few fighting spouses. However most of the time it's verbal only. This means that we go, quell the situation, and leave. (5-10 min). When we do have a domestic battery, if it's not too crazy, then it takes 3 hours to do the whole thing. I get about one of these per week, and about one crazy one per month. hmmmm..... That sounds like the same ratio of 'good' crashes I used to get.

80% of what we do is non-exciting, 10% of it is exciting, and the other 10% is balls to the wall "somebody almost died."

Since working for the county I have needed my gun out of my holster nearly everyday. Quite the opposite was the case with FHP. Granted, most of the drawing is for building searches.

So my response is: YES, traffic gets old... and I've never been to a barking dog complaint so It's not old yet, and I don't go to enough domestics for them to get "old", but I don't care for them.

Good writeup. However, there are many counties that still have the deputies respond to barking dog calls and the "my kid won't go to school" calls. It all depends on the size of the agency. Not a knock in any way, just each x49 agency is different.

No matter what you do...always look into any agency before signing up (don't just listen to a recruiter).

06-12-2009, 02:35 PM
yes. Fun at first. then you grow out of it. then your activity goes down. then they give you hard time for activity. then you go on here and complain about FHP.

06-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Here is some help for your question. FHP is a large state wide agency that is broken up into many troops. If you get stationed in some troops you might only work crashes all day due to the area. Some troops work very little crashes and get to be very proactive and put alot of people in jail and stop alot of cars. You can get this working for the county or city also. Say you work for one county who does alot of domestics calls all day, might be exiting for a while but it will get old. You might go to another county and work burglery calls all day and those suck, and that could get old. There is so much room with being a trooper to be able to get out there and be proactive. I was a city cop before and sure I arrested alot of people, now I am a trooper and I arrest less people but for better arrest. Better meaning , bigger fish more drugs more wanted people. All I am saying is as a trooper you dont just go to crash calls and write tickets there is so much more you have room to do. Oh and the pay is not the greatest but I still in this economy have a career, not all can say that. I also know city and county cops who left to be trooper and troopers who have left FHP to be go to the city or county. Its all what you like to do, if you work traffic and like it youll love being a trooper. :D

06-14-2009, 01:31 PM
Just curious. Each agency obviously has different guidelines, but what is FHP's guideline on writing citations? At mine, for example, it's speed (usually 19+ is a no brainer), driver record, their manners during stop, past history, to name just a few. Assuming I'm writing one, I then consider once again, all of the above, which determines if I write for the full amount, or drop the ticket speed which reduces the fine.

06-14-2009, 01:48 PM
We have 2 types of Troopers. One type enforces the law and issues citations to those that have violated the law. They will occasionally write a warning or faulty equipment notice if there is a secondary violation like not having insurance or carrying their DL or they might hit the companion citation button. Then we have others who want to strut around wearing the uniform, but are actually cowards and avoid confrontation at all costs. These are the ones that might stop speeders, but always find something else to write them. They allow their fellow workers to carry the load and take the verbal abuse cause they aren't tough enough to look the driver in the eye and tell them that what they did was wrong for fear that they might hurt their feelings. They cost the taxpayers money because their salary far exceeds the amount of revenue they are generating writing $10 fail to carry tickets and issuing warnings for speeders going as fast as 20+ over the speed limit.

06-14-2009, 01:52 PM
driver record, past history

This is not much of a criteria. If you decide that a speeder should not get a speeding ticket because they've never had one, then they will never get one. :shock:

06-14-2009, 02:01 PM
Here's a novel idea. How about deciding to write a ticket based upon what a person has done. Not who they are, what color their skin is, how old or young they are, where they are from, what their sexual preference is, what they have done in the past (that they have probably already been punished for), what their political or religious beliefs are, what kind of car they drive, how much money they have or how poor they are, whether they are respectful of your presence or have distain for you, which is probably a result of their upbringing or prior negative interaction with police. Treat everybody with respect and hold them accountable for their actions regardless of their circumstance. I know you've heard the driver begging for a break cause they are "having a bad day". What am I suppose to do, go stop somebody that is having a good day and only issue them tickets? Treat every stop equally as best you can (based on what they have done) and you'll be respected by the public and yourself.

06-14-2009, 02:25 PM
We have 2 types of Troopers. One type enforces the law and issues citations to those that have violated the law. They will occasionally write a warning or faulty equipment notice if there is a secondary violation like not having insurance or carrying their DL or they might hit the companion citation button. Then we have others who want to strut around wearing the uniform, but are actually cowards and avoid confrontation at all costs. These are the ones that might stop speeders, but always find something else to write them. They allow their fellow workers to carry the load and take the verbal abuse cause they aren't tough enough to look the driver in the eye and tell them that what they did was wrong for fear that they might hurt their feelings. They cost the taxpayers money because their salary far exceeds the amount of revenue they are generating writing $10 fail to carry tickets and issuing warnings for speeders going as fast as 20+ over the speed limit.

The tickets we write don't pay our salaries, no matter how many we write... :roll:

06-16-2009, 04:01 AM
Those barking dog and my kid won't go to school complaints got me a $6,444.00 a month pension from the SO after 27 1/2 years. Who's the fool?

06-18-2009, 05:32 PM
Those barking dog and my kid won't go to school complaints got me a $6,444.00 a month pension from the SO after 27 1/2 years. Who's the fool?

LOL, I have to laugh at this one....Cuz I always bring this up with troopers that tell me about "those silly calls city police officers answer"...and I tell them that I get better pay answering those silly calls than I would ever have gotten at FHP...lol

06-18-2009, 07:09 PM
[quote="Deputy Daug":1d6tlf18]Those barking dog and my kid won't go to school complaints got me a $6,444.00 a month pension from the SO after 27 1/2 years. Who's the fool?

LOL, I have to laugh at this one....Cuz I always bring this up with troopers that tell me about "those silly calls city police officers answer"...and I tell them that I get better pay answering those silly calls than I would ever have gotten at FHP...lol[/quote:1d6tlf18]

LOL , goody gumdrops to you and ( deputy corndog ) & do you really think I give a S!@* ??

06-18-2009, 09:01 PM
[quote="Guest"][quote="outofstate"]Drunk Driving is the most preventable felony crime... quote]

DUI is a felony? And all along I have been charging people with misdemeanors!! DOH!

06-18-2009, 11:10 PM
Here is some help for your question. FHP is a large state wide agency that is broken up into many troops. If you get stationed in some troops you might only work crashes all day due to the area. Some troops work very little crashes and get to be very proactive and put alot of people in jail and stop alot of cars. You can get this working for the county or city also. Say you work for one county who does alot of domestics calls all day, might be exiting for a while but it will get old. You might go to another county and work burglery calls all day and those suck, and that could get old. There is so much room with being a trooper to be able to get out there and be proactive. I was a city cop before and sure I arrested alot of people, now I am a trooper and I arrest less people but for better arrest. Better meaning , bigger fish more drugs more wanted people. All I am saying is as a trooper you dont just go to crash calls and write tickets there is so much more you have room to do. Oh and the pay is not the greatest but I still in this economy have a career, not all can say that. I also know city and county cops who left to be trooper and troopers who have left FHP to be go to the city or county. Its all what you like to do, if you work traffic and like it youll love being a trooper. :D
I can probably say this is the most acurate response to the question that I have seen. It depends on 1) what troop you are assigned and 2) what kind of trooper you are. Some troops by their nature are so busy working crashes there is little time to involve ones' self in other types of enforcement/investigation. Other troops have various crimes from domestic violence, aggravated assault with a firearm, drug trafficking/money laundering cases that occur weekly. The great thing about this job is that you can make as little or as much out of it as you want to each week.

10-30-2012, 02:03 AM
Just curious. Each agency obviously has different guidelines, but what is FHP's guideline on writing citations? At mine, for example, it's speed (usually 19+ is a no brainer), driver record, their manners during stop, past history, to name just a few. Assuming I'm writing one, I then consider once again, all of the above, which determines if I write for the full amount, or drop the ticket speed which reduces the fine.
I write em tickets for 15+, warnings for less. We have a similiar unofficial policy of writing for less than 15over if they are belligerent, reckless, have a lousy driving record, etc... The average driver just gets a warning in most cases. Somebody here said write em all by treating them fairly, that gives us all a bad name especially when tickets approach $200 and up for an infraction. Being a cop is never that cut and dry, you have guidelines and repetition of good habits but giving the dude with a clean driving history a ticket for 10over, comparing him to the dirtbag who has 17prior suspensions is just poor judgement or as I call it, the little guy syndrome.

10-30-2012, 03:58 AM
I write em tickets for 15+, warnings for less. We have a similiar unofficial policy of writing for less than 15over if they are belligerent, reckless, have a lousy driving record, etc... The average driver just gets a warning in most cases. Somebody here said write em all by treating them fairly, that gives us all a bad name especially when tickets approach $200 and up for an infraction. Being a cop is never that cut and dry, you have guidelines and repetition of good habits but giving the dude with a clean driving history a ticket for 10over, comparing him to the dirtbag who has 17prior suspensions is just poor judgement or as I call it, the little guy syndrome.

He never said to write a guy with a perfect record a ticket for going 10 over. As a matter of fact he didn't say anything about writing ANYONE for 10 over!

10-30-2012, 03:54 PM

I wouldn't spend 28 years answering barking dog calls or my kid won't go to school calls for a $10,000 month pension! Some of us take pride in what we do and if making a bunch of money was my game, I certainly wouldn't even be in LE, who the hell does this job for the pay? I was a police officer for 5 years, you can keep your BS calls and your "big" pension

You guys are joke, if your gig and your pay is so good why do bother to come over here and and spew your BS. Surely you have better things to do with your $6,444 a month check......Stay in in your own forums Deputy Fife, I'm sure you have many war stories to tell about how you told Johnny "By God, I'm a Deputy and your going to school son!!!!" :lol:

10-30-2012, 06:24 PM
Sorry buddy ill take his pension. Your in the minority on that one. Come talk to us after you retire. Pride won't feed you. Wake up

10-30-2012, 08:16 PM

I work for a small city Police Agency in South Central Florida. I usually write for 15 over on the highway and 10 over in residential areas. We do not have a "set policy" though.

Regarding FHP, I have always had positive experiences with Troopers (Even when being ticketed before I was a LEO). FHP backs us up sometimes on x50's and we do the same for them. We are all on the same team no matter what uniform we wear. I do hear people ***** about FHP on here but I also hear a lot of City Officers and Deputies ***** to. That is my brief opinion.

10-30-2012, 10:27 PM
I used to be a trooper.
I went to the SO in the 90's and the pay is better and I like the variety of work
a lot better, and we get steps. I liked being a trooper too.
I don't have an axe to grind with FHP, it's a slightly different game.
Every single trooper I have found is worth a lot more than they are paid.
The problem isn't the troopers, or this site. It's the politicians that think you should live in your patrol car and feed your family ramen noodles every meal. The state of Florida is by far one of the lowest paid employers you can find.

If you enjoy being a trooper, I am proud to know that you are serving honorably.
If you are dropping applications elsewhere, let's not take it personally.

"We pay you in sunshine"

10-31-2012, 12:30 AM

I work for a small city Police Agency in South Central Florida. I usually write for 15 over on the highway and 10 over in residential areas. We do not have a "set policy" though.

Regarding FHP, I have always had positive experiences with Troopers (Even when being ticketed before I was a LEO). FHP backs us up sometimes on x50's and we do the same for them. We are all on the same team no matter what uniform we wear. I do hear people ***** about FHP on here but I also hear a lot of City Officers and Deputies ***** to. That is my brief opinion.

Ditto, I stop anytime and anywhere when I see a fellow brother on a traffic stop, it doesn't matter what uniform you wear. 15 year veteran SWFL Trooper, be safe out there.

10-31-2012, 01:06 AM
If you want to be a Trooper, come on over, we can always use some good people. The low salaries has made it difficult to attract and/or retain good applicants. I worked for a local agency early on in my career before becoming a Trooper. I am very fortunate that I don't have to rely on off duty work.

To answer your question about working crashes getting old and writing tickets. I work in a county where we don't work crashes on a daily basis. Some areas in the state, the Troopers will work one after the next and have little to no time for proactive measures. When it comes to traffic stops, I don't just see a stop as writing a ticket and moving on. Try to get into some of the cars to look for drugs, weapons, or other goodies. I enjoy what I do, I probably wouldn't enjoy it as much if I was in a place like Orlando. If I was a single man, I would have to make a decision to stay and work off duty or go back to a local agency. Regardless of what you decide on, good luck in your search and stay safe out there brother.

10-31-2012, 02:31 PM

The idea of doing 90% civil calls non report calls would seriously make things boring, basicly an over paid baby sitter , the barking dogs, endless alarms of no consequence, civil arguements in families and shakedowns after being bored would make me leave law enforcement and become a fireman. If doing that makes you feel big and important then by all means do it, the old saying is anyone can be a local. I like writing tickets, every stop a new person new issue and ever so risky because you never know who your dealing with, crashes , well most are simple, many involve investigation, either way better than telling someone to shut up there dog, or get a better alarm system. Both deal with narcotics, drugs in cars, drugs in transport , local have the same plus drug dealing, its all what you want to do.

11-01-2012, 12:27 PM
To answer the original question. Its possible, it depends on the type of person you are. Some enjoy writing 15 tickets a day and thats not just rookies. I personally like to work crashes. It becomes a job you do. Just about all jobs have its bad and good points. I started in a PD. Going to barking dogs and domestics just becomes something you do. Some might hate it enough to leave others might just ride it out. With FHP It does depend on where you are assigned. Some districts might not work many crashes while others are back to back with them. The same goes for what city or county you work for with the PD/SO. Some might not have many barking dog complaints or domestics. The city I worked for did while the neighboring city had very few. The only thing that gets old is the belligerent backstabbing that goes on with troopers. It may be part of the career field but I haven't noticed it this bad when I was in the PD.

11-01-2012, 06:49 PM

It did, then I transferred to one of the many other assignments in my agency. You're still writing tickets and working 208's so you can take your kids to McDonalds.

BNT0131
11-01-2012, 08:41 PM
I average 10 to 15 wrecks a week. No two wrecks are identical. Traffic stops are the same way. As a deputy my gun came out of the holster a lot. Now it comes out for the range and or cleaning. I think what separates fhp is the number of calls for service or lack thereof.
Imagine going to work and not getting a single call?! Not going to happen at the pd or s.o.!
Motivated? Out your front window is a target rich environment. Feel yuck? Shade tree is down the street. Life is good!

11-01-2012, 10:04 PM
I average 10 to 15 wrecks a week. No two wrecks are identical. Traffic stops are the same way. As a deputy my gun came out of the holster a lot. Now it comes out for the range and or cleaning. I think what separates fhp is the number of calls for service or lack thereof.
Imagine going to work and not getting a single call?! Not going to happen at the pd or s.o.!
Motivated? Out your front window is a target rich environment. Feel yuck? Shade tree is down the street. Life is good!
oooh weee, I am so motivated to be lazy at the tax payer's expense!!!

BNT0131
11-01-2012, 11:47 PM
In reference to my above post. I'm the "target rich environment" motivated type. I get commendation letters every month for above average activity. Just wanted to make it clear which end of the spectrum I was in.

11-01-2012, 11:50 PM
I think its funny, nothing but *****ing about FHP and if you notice there is far more S.O and P.D on the FHP threads than Troopers..lol If local is better why not just do your griping in your own P.D thread or the local S.O thread

11-02-2012, 03:11 AM
I also wonder what draws them over here...I don't see Troopers going over to their threads and griping. :?

I guess its because there are only to types of LEOs, Troopers and those that wish they were... :snicker:

11-02-2012, 05:59 AM
I also wonder what draws them over here...I don't see Troopers going over to their threads and griping. :?

I guess its because there are only to types of LEOs, Troopers and those that wish they were... :snicker:

Wish they were troopers...Not hardly! I think there are several reasons that deputies and officers are drawn here:

1) Some come here because they have a very bad taste in their mouth because some troopers have no common sence and a warped ego and feel the need to write fellow law enforcement officers for petty traffic infractions. In those cases they come here to see if all troopers are douche bags or just some and to see if there are any decent ones left. My guess would be that based on the assine posts that some troopers put on here they probably shake there heads and come to the conclusion that the majority of troopers are idiots, who could blame them.
2) Some come here because they are amazed that there are any troopers in the State of Florida and have to see for themselves that they actually exsist. This could be for a few reasons such as they can't believe that anybody would actually work for such low pay or the last time they actually saw a trooper was several years ago and that was on the turnpike as they headed to Orlando for vacation during spring break.
3) Some may actually come here because they work in some poor county in North Florida and $33,000 actually looks good to them since they are only making $23,000. Or some may be copse from up north and they thinking about moving to "paradise". Most of these guys live in a state with a real State Police. These guys have not been clued in yet that FHP is far from a State Police in more ways than one. Most of those up north guys figure it out before getting sucked in.

11-02-2012, 06:01 AM

Wish they were troopers...Not hardly! I think there are several reasons that deputies and officers are drawn here:

1) Some come here because they have a very bad taste in their mouth because some troopers have no common sence and a warped ego and feel the need to write fellow law enforcement officers for petty traffic infractions. In those cases they come here to see if all troopers are douche bags or just some and to see if there are any decent ones left. My guess would be that based on the assine posts that some troopers put on here they probably shake there heads and come to the conclusion that the majority of troopers are idiots, who could blame them.
2) Some come here because they are amazed that there are any troopers in the State of Florida and have to see for themselves that they actually exsist. This could be for a few reasons such as they can't believe that anybody would actually work for such low pay or the last time they actually saw a trooper was several years ago and that was on the turnpike as they headed to Orlando for vacation during spring break.
3) Some may actually come here because they work in some poor county in North Florida and $33,000 actually looks good to them since they are only making $23,000. Or some may be copse from up north and they thinking about moving to "paradise". Most of these guys live in a state with a real State Police. These guys have not been clued in yet that FHP is far from a State Police in more ways than one. Most of those up north guys figure it out before getting sucked in.

I am sure there may be other reasons to come on here if you are a cop from somewhere else, like my reason. I have nothing else to do but use my moms computer when shes not looking just to entertain myself. I have to do this because you see I am an FHP Trooper and I still live with my parents in my old bedroom that I grew up in. But don't worry I'm saving everything I can and working 208 like it's going out of style. I also have a lead on a trailer on school board property that I may be able to pick up cheap! I would hang out with my girlfriend but she left me last year. Something about the pillow I put over her face the day I was trying to "get a little" in my bedroom. I did'nt have any choice she was to loud and my dad was trying to take a nap down the hall.

But thats ok too, I'm working on Bernice over at I-Hop. I hit that place as often as I can, not just because Bernice works there and the great pancakes but because they do the "right thing", wink-wink if you know what I mean.....ok you probably don't if you are a cop from another agency as the half price deal may not be the deciding factor in where you eat every meal, every day.

Anyway, I love being a trooper. The hat fits my very round head well and that black and tan in my parents driveway looks awesome! Thats why these other cops come on here, at least thats my opinion.

11-02-2012, 12:57 PM
I'm a Deputy and I come here because I also think Troopers are idiots. You see I tried to be one for several years, but they were too ignorant to hire me. So, I applied at the SO because my Dad worked there and pretty much got me the job. There were several other guys that applied, but since my Dad was already a Deputy I was hired on without having to go through all the red tape the other guys had to deal with. I currently work in the Jail and have never been on patrol yet, but that’s okay, I'm still a Deputy and get to wear a star on my chest just like the road guys. I also sport "Sheriff" gear off-duty and the public has no idea I'm just a jailer that has never answered a call or arrested anyone. I think that’s pretty cool! I love the SO, everybody in FL knows we are the "real" police! The best part about being a Deputy is I get to put a PBA sticker on 2012 Camaro (which I can afford due to my extremely high pay) that lets every LEO in FL know that I'm a fellow bro and deserve no tickets when I haul arse around the State off-duty. I would stay in my own threads, but the excitement of being to come over every time a Trooper stops me for going over 100 miles per hour on the turnpike and they fail to recognize my LEO status and write me a ticket anyway, is just something I can not help myself from doing. Somebody has to set these Troopers straight and I will except the challenge and continue to get on here berate their agency, their pay and anything else they do or say. I would post some more, but I'm currently on my lunch break at the jail and I just got word an inmate has spread his feces all over himself and his cell and I have go clean him and his cell up ASAP. I have best job in the world and to think after dealing with inmates for maybe a few more years I will hit the road and have the authority to make folks shut their dogs up, referee adult fights and serve civil papers!!

Oh, and I almost forgot the most important thing of all, I will still get on here and talk shat about Troopers!!!

11-02-2012, 02:33 PM

Dude....... you misspelled the phrase common sense, and the word cops. Fail.

11-02-2012, 04:22 PM
Spelling is not a part of the Sheriff's applicant test..... :lol:

11-03-2012, 12:12 AM
The best part about being a Deputy is I get to put a PBA sticker on 2012 Camaro (which I can afford due to my extremely high pay) that lets every LEO in FL know that I'm a fellow bro and deserve no tickets when I haul arse around the State off-duty.

I purposely target PBA stickers.

11-03-2012, 12:15 AM
Sorry buddy ill take his pension. Your in the minority on that one. Come talk to us after you retire. Pride won't feed you. Wake up

LOL! The ironic thing is he will end up help feeding me with his federal taxes......

Medicaid and food stamp entitlements buddy!!!! :snicker:

11-03-2012, 01:26 AM
The best part about being a Deputy is I get to put a PBA sticker on 2012 Camaro (which I can afford due to my extremely high pay) that lets every LEO in FL know that I'm a fellow bro and deserve no tickets when I haul arse around the State off-duty.

Your no Deputy if so what agency and division. I am calling BS :evil:

11-05-2012, 02:13 PM

LOL you made our point nicely, there wanna be's :cop:

11-05-2012, 02:17 PM

Your no Deputy if so what agency and division. I am calling BS :evil:

Its hard to tell the wanna be's from these moronic civilians that come in here and write petty BS since they all seem to write and think alike, wow surrounded by dumb arses lol