PDA

View Full Version : No money, what about other things that will make us happy

06-06-2009, 06:25 PM
So Dugger, certain things were good for BSO but not for us? Why not let us Tint? Why not let us were jeans and a Sheriff tee shirt like BSO gets to do once a month? No new money now, so why not let us have the little things that would soften the blow of no money! What is the problem with allowing us to do these things, why fight so hard on things that will make us happy? Listen to your troops, please.... You promised change, you stated that you would fight for us, and now you are backing down just like the rest....

06-28-2009, 09:59 PM
Hey dude, ya need to put down the pipe, Drugger aint nothin but a political hack, ole time friends of the boss done and slunk down here for a paycheck and that is it................

06-29-2009, 03:47 AM
well now the newest proposal is that non sworn making $50,000 no raise
sworn officers making $70,000 no raise
so anyone who has worked here a long time is basically being
discriminated against for longevity.
or now they are putting a "cap" back on salaries
so exactly what is the incentive .. burn your sick time
burn your vacation time and who cares what the evaluations
say...
so no cost of living raise or merit .. sad sad sad

06-30-2009, 03:45 AM
well now the newest proposal is that non sworn making $50,000 no raise
sworn officers making $70,000 no raise
so anyone who has worked here a long time is basically being
discriminated against for longevity.
or now they are putting a "cap" back on salaries
so exactly what is the incentive .. burn your sick time
burn your vacation time and who cares what the evaluations
say...
so no cost of living raise or merit .. sad sad sad

Oh cry me a river.... i feel ur pain... give me break if ur make 70,000 + ur are not struggling like the rest of us that are making 1/2 of what ur making... And the incentive is that ur still making 70,000 in this economy.. good looking out, bashing the uppers because they wanna give the lower rank a little more money...

06-30-2009, 05:49 AM
Ok are you one of the less senior employees that doesn't know about retirement, longevity
and complaining that our agency doesn't pay "us" enough?
How much do you think a person should be making after oh let's say 20 years of service?
You obviously just started your career and if you have any intention of having a career in
law enforcement come back in 20 and tell me how you would react to not getting a raise
because you have worked a long time for an agency and they 'youngsters" are being
given a chance to catch up to your salary that you have already put the time in and EARNED...

I think everyone is entitled to a raise, we haven't had one in 3 years. Ask around some other
agencies and find out what veteran officers with 20+ years of service are making.
It's not slamming anyone, it's disgraceful to reward longevity with NOTHING... just guessing
but you're not planning on staying that long?

07-01-2009, 03:06 AM
Ok are you one of the less senior employees that doesn't know about retirement, longevity
and complaining that our agency doesn't pay "us" enough?
How much do you think a person should be making after oh let's say 20 years of service?
You obviously just started your career and if you have any intention of having a career in
law enforcement come back in 20 and tell me how you would react to not getting a raise
because you have worked a long time for an agency and they 'youngsters" are being
given a chance to catch up to your salary that you have already put the time in and EARNED...

I think everyone is entitled to a raise, we haven't had one in 3 years. Ask around some other
agencies and find out what veteran officers with 20+ years of service are making.
It's not slamming anyone, it's disgraceful to reward longevity with NOTHING... just guessing
but you're not planning on staying that long?

I plan on staying as long as they have me..... But tell me something bud.. Do u own ur own house?? When is the last time u lived paycheck to paycheck?? Ur right ur experience is very valuable, i dont dispute that, but if u could make so much more somewhere else why dont u?? Meanwhile im glad to be getting something so i dont have to not pay s bill, because i dont make 70,000 + a yr

07-03-2009, 08:10 AM
I don't own a home the bank does and like everyone else property
values are down and everything else is up. I have no intention of
starting over someplace else. I have given my life to MCSO to
retire from here, and yes I still live paycheck to paycheck. Yes its expensive to live here,but it wasn't when I started. The retirement
package has been cut, we now pay for optical and dental, we used
to get 80% coverage thats all been cut. So yes I am upset that I shouldn't be entitled to a raise. If it was you, you'd be upset.. Simply EVERYONE should be entitled to the raise....
My last five years salary is very important to my total retirement..
so each time I don't get a raise it effects my income after I retire.

07-07-2009, 06:34 PM
hey guys, i'm tryning to get some honest info about the current hiring status. i've been reading your post and the overall moral doesn't seem so good. i've been an officer in the orlando area for 8 yrs and i'm looking to relocate to south florida, mostly to monroe county. any opinions and info would be appreciated. thanks.

07-07-2009, 11:28 PM
Don't do it Orlando!