PDA

View Full Version : Deputy Arrested

06-02-2009, 01:53 AM
While the guy did screw up. I hope there was no option in going x-15. The axe will swing the other ways guys, and there will be same discretion shown for PPPD :devil:

06-02-2009, 03:54 PM
There is no brotherhood anymore..I mean what kind of Department gives a DUI to another Officer/Deputy and then goes back to the PD and gets Daps and high fives from the oncoming day shift supervisor..I got news for you Mr holier than though day shift sergeant..It's really not cool or even a good idea as a "Leader" to hi five and slap hands when someone in your department gives another cop a DUI....The Deputy was wrong in what he did and made a mistake but things could have been handled differently....However, I do agree with this, bottom line is none of us as leo's should ever be in that position but unfortunatel we are..More often than not..All LEO's will now be gunning for Pinellas Park

Mod 557
06-02-2009, 03:55 PM
I have removed some of the postings in this thread, and the entire last thread due to the posters violating the terms of use. Please refrain from using names and other violations of the terms of use regarding this site. Thank you, Mod 557

06-02-2009, 06:53 PM
There is no brotherhood anymore..I mean what kind of Department gives a DUI to another Officer/Deputy and then goes back to the PD and gets Daps and high fives from the oncoming day shift supervisor..I got news for you Mr holier than though day shift sergeant..It's really not cool or even a good idea as a "Leader" to hi five and slap hands when someone in your department gives another cop a DUI....The Deputy was wrong in what he did and made a mistake but things could have been handled differently....However, I do agree with this, bottom line is none of us as leo's should ever be in that position but unfortunatel we are..More often than not..All LEO's will now be gunning for Pinellas Park

Pinellas Park will get no breaks from me!

06-02-2009, 09:23 PM
Was the booze forced down his throat????????????? He made his own choice!

06-03-2009, 12:31 AM
First off....you have some of your allegations wrong. If you are going to come on here, at least have the allegations correct.

2nd....the deputy involved is friends to many of us. I still consider him a friend but the reality of this situation is he made it difficult to reach any other result due to the facts and circumstances.

The reality is, we should all be ashamed if we put each other in the situation. Let us place blame where it belongs....on the person who made the decision to drink and drive.

That being said, we should all be there to support the brother and understand mistakes happen.

06-03-2009, 04:00 AM
There are alot more PCSO deputies then PPPD. Who do you think is gonna win this ? I don't live in or travel in pinapple park so no worries. Alot of your guys in my are though, I still dont think I can write a PPPD officer because of one jerk. But alot of us here are pissed. Yes he screwed up.... but if you hi five your Sgt and think is a game, then game on.. :devil:

06-03-2009, 07:01 AM
Nice posts.....Why don't you guys get some professionalism and then post on here with the big boys. You sound like infants...

As for the high fiving in the pd... That is nothing more than rumor yet you act like you were standing in our PD and witnessed it.

The facts of the case are unfortunante but left our guy with little options. If you would have done anyting different then it is you that would have been in trouble.

J.C. make a mistake and HIS mistake has consequences. I call J.C. as do many of our folks but there was little else that could have been done in this instant. Don't blame our guy. Until you know the facts, don't post because this isn't your typical borderline DUI case where professional courtesy was an option.

06-03-2009, 12:21 PM
Nice posts.....Why don't you guys get some professionalism and then post on here with the big boys. You sound like infants...

As for the high fiving in the pd... That is nothing more than rumor yet you act like you were standing in our PD and witnessed it.

The facts of the case are unfortunante but left our guy with little options. If you would have done anyting different then it is you that would have been in trouble.

J.C. make a mistake and HIS mistake has consequences. I call J.C. as do many of our folks but there was little else that could have been done in this instant. Don't blame our guy. Until you know the facts, don't post because this isn't your typical borderline DUI case where professional courtesy was an option.

Like I said, if he had no option then so be it, but if the rumor has merit then thats my issue :snicker:

06-04-2009, 01:45 AM
I dont want to post too much on here but JC is a friend, good cop, but he made a mistake that put us in a bad position. I was not there, but from what I hear, he was polite and remorseful but the circumstances made it difficult to do anything different than what was done.

As for the rumors of what took place at the PD. I have checked around, no one recalls anything close to that taking place. If it did, I would be outraged as well.

06-07-2009, 09:41 PM
I work for the park and I asked around about the "high fives and cheers". So far nothing more than a B.S. gossip. If it happens to be true (God I hope not) then I think he deserves to be fed to the wolves that wear the green pants!!!!

06-08-2009, 03:00 PM
Obviously you asked the wrong people. I am sure they would openly just jump to tell you or anyone else.

06-09-2009, 01:18 AM
Well, I can just tell you that know one recalls it happening....I know of no Park officer that has anything poor to say about J.C. Except that he made a mistake here.

He is well liked around here but again, arrresting officer was placed into a bad spot.

Believe it or not, he was doing his job and was left with little choice.

As for what is suppose to have happened back at the PD....a lie, nothing more.

06-16-2009, 10:16 PM
Regardless of what anyone else says, city officer or deputy sheriff, the deputy involved is a disgrace to the uniform and should not be wearing a star. The arresting officer did his job and that is that, enough said! Besides, professional courtesy goes out the door when you have a BAC of .3 for God sakes.

06-17-2009, 01:49 AM
I disagree. The deputy made a mistake and he will pay the appropriate penatly for that mistake. However, I worked with JC and can tell you he was no disgrace to the Park and I doubt his work ethic has decreased since then. He is a good officer who made a mistake in judgement. I will let PCSO decide if he should keep his star. I hope he does and I hope he does what is necessary to ensure that this never happens again. The officer did his job and should not be bashed for it. However, JC is not a bad guy. Just a guy who made a mistake.

06-17-2009, 11:39 PM
Just stop and think.....How many of officers attend parties, weddings, cookouts, shift parties, etc. and consume alcoholic beverages? How many of officers have climbed behind the wheel afterwards when we shouldn't have? How many of officers were just lucky to make it home safely? I would state with confidence there are plenty officers out there that have driven their vehicles after consuming alcoholic beverages. Some have even been stopped by other LEOs (after drinking) and given professional courtesy. Unless an accident has occurred that forces me to act.....the officer gets home safely by another means.

If you live in a glass house...don't throw stones

06-18-2009, 02:04 AM
As much as I like JC, I will give the arresting officer the benefit of the doubt that when the LEO stopped is a .3 + BAC. That is nearly impossible to let go. It is hard to argue that you were unaware they were intoxicated.

08-21-2009, 08:45 AM
"There is no brotherhood anymore..I mean what kind of Department gives a DUI to another Officer/Deputy and then goes back to the PD and gets Daps and high fives from the oncoming day shift supervisor..I got news for you Mr holier than though day shift sergeant..It's really not cool or even a good idea as a "Leader" to hi five and slap hands when someone in your department gives another cop a DUI...."

WOW! Usually I don't dignify this garbage with response but I'll make an exception. THIS IS A BALDFACE LIE. This never happened. Best way to kill a rumor is to go to the horses mouth. You can ask ME or 456. My office is due west of the read off room.

As for the anonymous poster who appears to have an axe to grind with me. There are so many things I do for real like getting a lunch every day (after 11 years as a Sergeant, I think thats ok), or assigning dayshift traffic cars (to pick up your slack in our patrol section fiscal goal of increasing traffic enforcement), or how I can't remember anything because I only get four hours of sleep at night (due to my newborn). You think you could just ridicule me for those things. It takes a great deal of courage to hide in the shadows and take pot shots at people. Maybe your mad because I denied you a vacation day or that Outstanding evaluation you so richly deserve. Like none of the rest of us have had happen to us before. Grow up. If you ever grow a spine, my office is due west of the read off room.

08-21-2009, 01:55 PM
"There is no brotherhood anymore..I mean what kind of Department gives a DUI to another Officer/Deputy and then goes back to the PD and gets Daps and high fives from the oncoming day shift supervisor..I got news for you Mr holier than though day shift sergeant..It's really not cool or even a good idea as a "Leader" to hi five and slap hands when someone in your department gives another cop a DUI...."

WOW! Usually I don't dignify this garbage with response but I'll make an exception. THIS IS A BALDFACE LIE. This never happened. Best way to kill a rumor is to go to the horses mouth. You can ask ME or 456. My office is due west of the read off room.

As for the anonymous poster who appears to have an axe to grind with me. There are so many things I do for real like getting a lunch every day (after 11 years as a Sergeant, I think thats ok), or assigning dayshift traffic cars (to pick up your slack in our patrol section fiscal goal of increasing traffic enforcement), or how I can't remember anything because I only get four hours of sleep at night (due to my newborn). You think you could just ridicule me for those things. It takes a great deal of courage to hide in the shadows and take pot shots at people. Maybe your mad because I denied you a vacation day or that Outstanding evaluation you so richly deserve. Like none of the rest of us have had happen to us before. Grow up. If you ever grow a spine, my office is due west of the read off room.

I'm sorry sarge, did you say where your office was? I may have missed it.

08-24-2009, 03:00 AM
You jacka**es, PPPD did not x15 your stupid deputy.. FHP handled the crash and took him x15... they only used PPPD's CBT. Show's how smart you good ol' boys really are behind the "star." -boneheads-

08-24-2009, 03:05 AM
x22 last post,,,, was a largo PD officer,,, eitherway though, most deputies are far from perfect anyways... dont drive drunk- DUH!!

09-08-2009, 11:31 AM
YOU ALL ARE STILL TALKING ABOUT THIS????? GET OVER IT! HE DROVE DRUNK ~ VERY DRUNK I MIGHT ADD ~ HE GOT X15 IN RIGHTLY SO ! OH WELL MOVE ON PCSO ~ THE PPPD OFFICER DID THE RIGHT THING AND HE SHOULD NOT THINK TWICE A DRUNK DEPUTY CAN KILL SOMEONE JUST AS MUCH AS ANYONE ELSE. PCSO DOES NOT HAVE A SPEICAL PASS NOT TO GO TO JAIL...... I AM GLAD HE WENT TO JAIL MAYBE HIS LIFE WILL TURN AROUND AND BE POSITIVE. NOW MOVE ON AND TALK ABOUT UPDATED AND MORE INTRESTING NEWS!!!

09-08-2009, 12:53 PM
YOU ALL ARE STILL TALKING ABOUT THIS????? GET OVER IT! HE DROVE DRUNK ~ VERY DRUNK I MIGHT ADD ~ HE GOT X15 IN RIGHTLY SO ! OH WELL MOVE ON PCSO ~ THE PPPD OFFICER DID THE RIGHT THING AND HE SHOULD NOT THINK TWICE A DRUNK DEPUTY CAN KILL SOMEONE JUST AS MUCH AS ANYONE ELSE. PCSO DOES NOT HAVE A SPEICAL PASS NOT TO GO TO JAIL...... I AM GLAD HE WENT TO JAIL MAYBE HIS LIFE WILL TURN AROUND AND BE POSITIVE. NOW MOVE ON AND TALK ABOUT UPDATED AND MORE INTRESTING NEWS!!!

wow seriously? you should've checked the date on the last post it was in August. nobody is still talking about this except you.

09-21-2009, 02:00 PM

Neither does PPPD, on arrests, tickets, or anything else

09-22-2009, 01:22 AM
Thanks for that insight. I will sleep better tonight knowing you put us in our place and educated in the error of our ways...