PDA

View Full Version : Sgt. Promotional Exam

05-15-2009, 12:59 PM
For those of you who took the test you might want to look into this. A couple of persons reviewed there tests and found answers that were marked as being incorrect when in fact the answer was correct. A few went to HR to find out what was going on and questions. Then an email came out saying that the test was closed and the scores were final. The email said if we had any questions you had to contact sawgrass consulting and you would be charged a fee. When Sawgrass consulting was called a nanny answered the phone. As usual the promotional process is a joke!

05-16-2009, 06:49 AM
The written test was created and graded by Maj Decker. There was also a review after the test was taken and only half the people showed up. Which part are you talking about? Questions, PC, or Report Review???...and yes, it was a joke

05-19-2009, 04:23 PM
First of all those of us that wanted to review the report editing section of the exam were allowed to do so to educate ourselves should we have to repeat this process in two years so that we can improve the next time around. It was not to challenge the test, the list or the process. It was closed with the finalization of the list. Any questions I had about answers were sufficiently resolved. The list contained a strong field of candidates and many did well. If you took the test and are disgruntled and wish to anonymously blog on this site stating things like, "As usual the promotional process is a joke!" then maybe you need to approach the next test in a more positive manner instead of succumbing to the anonymous negativity which is so prevalent on this forum. I have never posted on this site until now and probably never will again. I certainly won't sit anonymously behind the protective shield of my screen name belittling a Department that I have been proud to serve in for several years. The only use I have ever had for this forum prior to this was for comic relief viewing the rants, assumptions and misconceptions of the disheartened and disenfranchised. I feel lucky to get paid for a profession that I love being a part of. This forum could have been utilized as a positive one to exchange ideas and enjoy the Fraternity that we are all a part of. Grow up and accept responsibility for your own growth in this profession instead of anonymously crying about what everyone does to you. I am sure there will be a number of people who will now direct their negativity towards me in their customary anonymous style. Go ahead. I still love you all. Come by my desk and I will give you the great big hug that you're really crying for.

05-20-2009, 06:18 PM
lol...well put Phil. Nice to see there are still a few of us that actually enjoy our job. Some people don't realize that they actually DO control what they become in this place...without the "ass kissing" as they so politely put it. They substitute hard work for complaining and passing the buck. Let's keep catching bad guys together while the majority of the people on this board continue to type negativity in their parents bassment.

05-20-2009, 07:51 PM
I'm so much cooler online.

05-21-2009, 02:33 AM
Lakin is one of the very few I respect. He knows what's going on, and he knows there are too many bad apples in this bunch. Lest I say more???

05-22-2009, 08:22 PM
gee,shed a tear.Now that u browned nose your superiors,you deserve achocolate chip cookie and some milk.You made me cry.

05-24-2009, 11:29 PM
YOU MUST HAVE DONE GREAT ON THE TEST, SORE LOSERS, TRY BROOKSVILLE PD, I HEARD THE WILL HIRE ANYONE, INCLUDING THE THROWBACKS FROM THE S O .

05-29-2009, 01:15 PM
First of all those of us that wanted to review the report editing section of the exam were allowed to do so to educate ourselves should we have to repeat this process in two years so that we can improve the next time around. It was not to challenge the test, the list or the process. It was closed with the finalization of the list. Any questions I had about answers were sufficiently resolved. The list contained a strong field of candidates and many did well. If you took the test and are disgruntled and wish to anonymously blog on this site stating things like, "As usual the promotional process is a joke!" then maybe you need to approach the next test in a more positive manner instead of succumbing to the anonymous negativity which is so prevalent on this forum. I have never posted on this site until now and probably never will again. I certainly won't sit anonymously behind the protective shield of my screen name belittling a Department that I have been proud to serve in for several years. The only use I have ever had for this forum prior to this was for comic relief viewing the rants, assumptions and misconceptions of the disheartened and disenfranchised. I feel lucky to get paid for a profession that I love being a part of. This forum could have been utilized as a positive one to exchange ideas and enjoy the Fraternity that we are all a part of. Grow up and accept responsibility for your own growth in this profession instead of anonymously crying about what everyone does to you. I am sure there will be a number of people who will now direct their negativity towards me in their customary anonymous style. Go ahead. I still love you all. Come by my desk and I will give you the great big hug that you're really crying for.

Is it promotion time yet? :cop: :devil: :snicker: