PDA

View Full Version : It's Funny!

05-13-2009, 06:13 PM
I find it so funny that you guys complain and whine about pay, treatment, working conditions, personnel, etc. but then when a fellow Trooper decides to lateral to another agency or leave the line of law enforcement you bash him/her and tell them FHP will be a better place without them!

FHP will never be a better place. Why hate on those who are trying to make better for him/herself and their family? It is not their fault that you cannot get picked up by another agency.

Just ride it out......and remember...."next year is our year"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

05-14-2009, 01:40 AM
I find it so funny that you guys complain and whine about pay, treatment, working conditions, personnel, etc. but then when a fellow Trooper decides to lateral to another agency or leave the line of law enforcement you bash him/her and tell them FHP will be a better place without them!

FHP will never be a better place. Why hate on those who are trying to make better for him/herself and their family? It is not their fault that you cannot get picked up by another agency.

I don't, I wish them well and say good for you.

I tell everyone who asks me about joining this department to look else where because there is no future in this department.

05-14-2009, 05:01 PM

I don't, I wish them well and say good for you.

I tell everyone who asks me about joining this department to look else where because there is no future in this department.

I bash them because I now have to pick up their work. It's not fare to me. Just stick around, things will eventually get better. I also encourage people to apply for FHP, the most applications we get, the better quality candidates we'll come across.

So yes, I am one who bashes those leaving. Tough.

05-14-2009, 05:16 PM
It's not fare to me. .

It's not fair either. (learn to spell)

Also, my dad always told me "Life isn't fair son. The fair only comes to town once a year." :lol:

05-14-2009, 05:22 PM
I beg anybody that will listen to leave. Hoping that the cost involved will eventually make the legislature address our pay is the reasoning. I've got too much time on to leave now. The light at the end of the tunnel is too close for me. I have not recommended FHP to anybody in the past 15 years. This career is dead-end and lacks genuine appreciation. Getting a weekly newsletter telling me how much I'm appreciated means nothing and thats all you get. Then they tell you to get ready to respond to the hurricanes and leave your family to fend for themselves. Its bad enough that we don't get anything, but now they are taking things away from us and continue to tell us how much we are appreciated. Just shut your pie-hole and let me suffer in silence. Sometimes its better not to say anything than to offer false praise. For instance, we now have to drive our patrol cars till they have as much as 170,000 miles on them. One of the few perks that FHP had (getting a new car more frequently than most departments) is now a thing of the past. You have to drive a piece of shit just like other departments that pay better wages and have step plans. I refuse to wash my car till it becomes ridiculous-looking. Waxing it? Forget that. That will NEVER happen. I'm hoping my sled develops an oil leak so I can bilge smoke when I pull out from the shoulder of the Interstate to go after one. I always make an effort to wear a newer pair of trousers and an older shirt. Talk about a color contrast for the public to laugh at :snicker:

05-14-2009, 10:28 PM
I am from the 116 Recruit Class. I got a newer car last week. It has 28,600 miles. It's a lot better than the junker I had during FTO and first month of Solo.

05-15-2009, 12:49 AM
uh huh????

05-15-2009, 12:56 AM
I am from the 116 Recruit Class. I got a newer car last week. It has 28,600 miles. It's a lot better than the junker I had during FTO and first month of Solo.

Hey look! It's the FNG!

http://post.thestranger.com/images/blogimages/2009/01/29/1233270615-haha_simpsons.jpg