PDA

View Full Version : Please Take A Few Minutes To Read

05-12-2009, 01:51 PM
:cop: I realize that some will joke and not agree but I believe this must be said. With the pending layoffs at BSO, it is time to take a hard look at the BSO philosophy of hiring.

First, I am long retired after a few decades working at BSO. I retired with rank and never once thought about returning. I had my career and I am now into another career.

As always it is the front line officers that are doing the work. They must answer every call and have the least time off. These are the people who should never be let go. The public needs them, not another major or director.

Why does BSO allow returning retired officers employment? New blood is how an agency moves forward. Same old problems return. Do you time, enjoy your career and move on thus allowing others the same opportunity. Someone left the agency so they could get hired.

BSO has a very long history of hiring rank from outside the agency. There are only two positions that should be available, either the sheriff position or the rookie deputy. BSO is only of the only departments in America that hires their command staff from elsewhere. Why are they not grooming successors?

Just look at the upper management and see how many are double and triple dipping. Why does BSO need these people? Is Al saying that he has no one that can do the job of the double and triple dippers? Al brought back a major to run the HR division. This was the same person who is documented on film of clearing 99 cases of burglary without making an arrest, no recovered property and no physical evidence. Next he brought back a retired FBI agent to oversee the HR department. Now BSO has two high paying double dippers running the same department, Human Resources. BSO will keep these two and layoff a number of road deputies. The same deputies that will response when someone calls for help. The salary of these two suits would pay for 5 deputies. Stop being politically correct because that is never correct.

BSO does not need a double dipper Lt. Col. overseeing the jail.

How many Lt. Col’s and majors and captains does one agency need? BSO had an individual that was on the swat team for 20 years, yet BSO had to bring someone in from outside to run swat.

There is little or no promoting from within. Of course you have an individual, who married well, left as a captain and returned as a major and then brought one of his college professors back as a consultant.

It is unfortunate that since perception is reality, BSO management is only interest in themselves. If it was a private business it would need a bailout. But they have tax dollars so Al can bring in anyone and layoff to suit his personal future. If times are as bad as people say they are then BSO needs to readdress who they are hiring, what the real reason is for this hire, who is getting terminated and stop the BS to the public.
Just like the reassigning of the drug sergeant, just do it based on facts. Al you demand that your deputies be truthful, please try it yourself.

05-12-2009, 02:15 PM
Well said!

05-12-2009, 02:43 PM
Not much to argue against in the starting post. There are many Commanders and others brought in from other agencies that should be leaving long before those who do the work - deputies. PBA should be a loud and strong voice against losing workers and keeping watchers. Another retiree

05-12-2009, 06:09 PM
:cop: Please someone inform the sheriff to read this post. Send him some emails to take his head out of his a$$ and see what is really happening. Why msut BSO continue to act like upper management could not care less about their people. Why is the reward not a million dollars to obtain information on Sgt. Reyka's murderer? This should be number one. How can any deputy respond properly knowing that they might be the subject to layoffs when the top brass sits behind a desk without worry? There is something very wrong with this. All those yes men and women making double or triple what a deputy makes. Remember each of the captains and above all agreed with Jenne on PowerTrac and now all agree with this sheriff and will sell their collective souls to harm anyone of their people. The public needs cops not robots wearing suits sitting behind a desk at 2601 w. Broward Blvd. Please get this message out.

05-12-2009, 09:35 PM
The sheriff needs to stand by his words, when he was running for office. "For the Deputies."

05-12-2009, 10:35 PM
The sheriff needs to stand by his words, when he was running for office. "For the Deputies."

Sure. And I have some swamp land to sell you in Arizona. Interested?

05-12-2009, 10:50 PM
Shut Up!

05-12-2009, 11:13 PM
[quote="Truth 101"]:cop: I realize that some will joke and not agree but I believe this must be said. With the pending layoffs at BSO, it is time to take a hard look at the BSO philosophy of hiring. First, I am long retired after a few decades working at BSO. I retired with rank and never once thought about returning. I had my career and I am now into another career.

As always it is the front line officers that are doing the work. They must answer every call and have the least time off. These are the people who should never be let go. The public needs them, not another major or director.
NO FRONT LINE DEPUTIES HAVE BEEN LET GO, yet, ONLY CIVILIANS. I WOULD SUGGEST EVERYONE MAKE THEIR CONCERNS KNOWN TO THE COUNTY COMISSIONERS BEFORE IT GETS TO THAT POINT.

Why does BSO allow returning retired officers employment? New blood is how an agency moves forward. Same old problems return. Do you time, enjoy your career and move on thus allowing others the same opportunity. Someone left the agency so they could get hired.
I DISAGREE. EXPERIENCE IS A VALUABLE ASSET. THESE PEOPLE BRING WITH THEM A WEALTH OF KNOWLEDGE THAT WILL TAKE YEARS TO DEVELOP IN A ROOKIE.

BSO has a very long history of hiring rank from outside the agency. There are only two positions that should be available, either the sheriff position or the rookie deputy. BSO is only of the only departments in America that hires their command staff from elsewhere. Why are they not grooming successors?
ONLY IF OUR PEOPLE MEET THE REQUIREMENTS. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS CHOOSE THE MOST QUALIFIED INDIVIDUAL.

Just look at the upper management and see how many are double and triple dipping. Why does BSO need these people? Is Al saying that he has no one that can do the job of the double and triple dippers? Al brought back a major to run the HR division. This was the same person who is documented on film of clearing 99 cases of burglary without making an arrest, no recovered property and no physical evidence. Next he brought back a retired FBI agent to oversee the HR department. Now BSO has two high paying double dippers running the same department, Human Resources. BSO will keep these two and layoff a number of road deputies. The same deputies that will response when someone calls for help. The salary of these two suits would pay for 5 deputies. Stop being politically correct because that is never correct.
DIPPING IS NOT YOUR CONCERN. PEOPLE EARN PENSIONS, AND SHOULD NOT HAVE TO SACRIFICE A FUTURE BECAUSE THEY APPARENTLY HAVE DONE SOMETHING RIGHT. - IT IS MY UNDERSTANDING THAT ONE HR DIRECTOR IS "INTERIM" UNTIL THE NEW FELLOW GETS UP TO SPEED ON HR. REMEMBER, PEOPLE WERE BEGGING FOR DIR RC TO BE REPLACED, HE HAS NOW BEEN REPLACED.

How many Lt. Col’s and majors and captains does one agency need? BSO had an individual that was on the swat team for 20 years, yet BSO had to bring someone in from outside to run swat.
I BELEIVE THAT WAS THE FORMER SHERIFF'S DOING, AND THAT INDIVIDUAL YOU SPEAK OF HASN'T BEEN HERE IN A LONG TIME.

There is little or no promoting from within. Of course you have an individual, who married well, left as a captain and returned as a major and then brought one of his college professors back as a consultant.
Yeah. True. married well. Again, former Sheriff's doing.

It is unfortunate that since perception is reality, BSO management is only interest in themselves. If it was a private business it would need a bailout. But they have tax dollars so Al can bring in anyone and layoff to suit his personal future.
Look, I haven't spoke to the Sheriff, but my guess is he hates this part. He doesn't want to have to lay off anyone.

05-13-2009, 03:04 AM
Very good I see you have all your bases covered makes lots of scents (as in it stinks) to me,,, keep drinking that left over elect Lamberti juice… It worked for you once I bet you hope it works for you again. Maybe no Deputies have been let go yet, but that does not make the ones that get their letters tonight feel any better.

05-13-2009, 03:10 AM
Very good I see you have all your bases covered makes lots of scents (as in it stinks) to me,,, keep drinking that left over elect Lamberti juice… It worked for you once I bet you hope it works for you again. Maybe no Deputies have been let go yet, but that does not make the ones that get their letters tonight feel any better.

A total of 60 jailers were fired today.