PDA

View Full Version : Why so many tickets

05-09-2009, 11:46 PM
Maybe somebody here can answer me. If we are in a recession, people are loosing their homes, and struggling to find work, why are so many more police officers out giving traffic citations?

It just seems to me like cops are out there trying to give out as many traffic citations as they can to make more money for the Police departments in order to cover the reduction is their police budgets.

Did Cops forget who pays their salary, TAXPAYERS! Don't forget Police Officers are Public Servants, hired to Protect and Serve!

05-10-2009, 03:26 AM
Maybe somebody here can answer me. If we are in a recession, people are loosing their homes, and struggling to find work, why are so many more police officers out giving traffic citations?

It just seems to me like cops are out there trying to give out as many traffic citations as they can to make more money for the Police departments in order to cover the reduction is their police budgets.

Did Cops forget who pays their salary, TAXPAYERS! Don't forget Police Officers are Public Servants, hired to Protect and Serve!
Well if you didn't break the law you would have nothing to worry about?? By the way if you are paying our salary I demand a raise..

05-10-2009, 01:37 PM

Well if you didn't break the law you would have nothing to worry about?? By the way if you are paying our salary I demand a raise..

I have 0 points on my license. I don't break the laws, and drive safely.
I find it very disturbing that Police Departments have forgotten just who they work for, which is indicative by your comment "By the way if you are paying our salary I demand a raise..".
As a Police Officer, you are a Public Servant. Cops and the community need to understand this, and take part of how things are ran.
Lately there is this "I am the Law" attitude with Police Officers, which has cause such a separation between the Cops and the Communities.
My point is that if we all worked together, more criminals can be put in their place, and everyone would co-exist better.

Once upon a time, people did cooperate better with the police, and officer respected the community more. Lately that has disappeared!

Increasing the amount of speeding fines being issued, and setting an "average" amount of citations for officers during a recession makes people think that the Police Departments don't care about those who pay taxes, which eventually make up your checks.
As a taxpaying citizen, I will not give you a raise, but cut your budget. If you have that many officers, that you can increase the traffic units, then you can cut those.
Traffic enforcement should be for areas of high incidents, or crime. Not hiding behind a tree on Taft next to the McDonalds. I doubt the officer is there collecting FI cards for burger thefts....

05-10-2009, 04:14 PM

I have 0 points on my license. I don't break the laws, and drive safely.
I find it very disturbing that Police Departments have forgotten just who they work for, which is indicative by your comment "By the way if you are paying our salary I demand a raise..".
As a Police Officer, you are a Public Servant. Cops and the community need to understand this, and take part of how things are ran.
Lately there is this "I am the Law" attitude with Police Officers, which has cause such a separation between the Cops and the Communities.
My point is that if we all worked together, more criminals can be put in their place, and everyone would co-exist better.

Once upon a time, people did cooperate better with the police, and officer respected the community more. Lately that has disappeared!

Increasing the amount of speeding fines being issued, and setting an "average" amount of citations for officers during a recession makes people think that the Police Departments don't care about those who pay taxes, which eventually make up your checks.
As a taxpaying citizen, I will not give you a raise, but cut your budget. If you have that many officers, that you can increase the traffic units, then you can cut those.
Traffic enforcement should be for areas of high incidents, or crime. Not hiding behind a tree on Taft next to the McDonalds. I doubt the officer is there collecting FI cards for burger thefts....Do you think as a Police Officer we don't pay taxes and are not part of the community?? Do you know how many times people come knock on my door when they see that car outsidefor help on or off duty?? So your saying the economy is bad we should just turn our heads, and let people break the law. Maybe you should call the paper and advise the community to drive slower and safer. This would not only stop them from getting tickets, but also save fuel. You are a very uninformed person, and ignorant. The city gets minimual revenue for tickets generated number one. The second thing is that officers that you see writing tickets during the day, do not get overtime because they attend court on duty. The last thing is numerous studies have been done, where there is a high amount of traffic enforcement crime is lowered. The problem isn't " I am the Law attitude" its there is no respect for the police. Its people like you who critize us for doing our job. Thats why police have such restraints put on them such as abseurd chase policies. I encourage you to take a citizen ride along for one evening and put yourself in our shoes. You might understand how difficult our job really is, and its not all eating donuts. In closing just remember next week is Police Memorial Week, numerous brothers and sisters of mine who have been laid to rest acting as you call them public servants.. You are so very wrong if you think that our job is hiding in bushes.. Just remember I am the one you who will come to you when you dial 911. I respond 24 hours a day 365 days a year, in any situation or storm. Many of nights I have left my one family in time of need, to protect yours. The next time you want to make a negative comment towards us, you remember I am more than just a public servant. Im not complaining I love my job, and I do it with pride. I actually hope you ride along with me.

05-11-2009, 12:06 PM
Do you think as a Police Officer we don't pay taxes and are not part of the community?? Do you know how many times people come knock on my door when they see that car outsidefor help on or off duty?? So your saying the economy is bad we should just turn our heads, and let people break the law. Maybe you should call the paper and advise the community to drive slower and safer. This would not only stop them from getting tickets, but also save fuel. You are a very uninformed person, and ignorant. The city gets minimual revenue for tickets generated number one. The second thing is that officers that you see writing tickets during the day, do not get overtime because they attend court on duty. The last thing is numerous studies have been done, where there is a high amount of traffic enforcement crime is lowered. The problem isn't " I am the Law attitude" its there is no respect for the police. Its people like you who critize us for doing our job. Thats why police have such restraints put on them such as abseurd chase policies. I encourage you to take a citizen ride along for one evening and put yourself in our shoes. You might understand how difficult our job really is, and its not all eating donuts. In closing just remember next week is Police Memorial Week, numerous brothers and sisters of mine who have been laid to rest acting as you call them public servants.. You are so very wrong if you think that our job is hiding in bushes.. Just remember I am the one you who will come to you when you dial 911. I respond 24 hours a day 365 days a year, in any situation or storm. Many of nights I have left my one family in time of need, to protect yours. The next time you want to make a negative comment towards us, you remember I am more than just a public servant. Im not complaining I love my job, and I do it with pride. I actually hope you ride along with me.

First, you chose the career you have, if you don't want people knocking on your door, then change professions.

I am not uninformed or ignorant, but you comments do go to serve my point. You department gets around $3 per citation issued. Most police departments issue citation when you are doing a certain amount over the speed limit, generally 15 over. My wife's friend got a ticket the other day for doing 42 in a 35 on 8500 block of taft, that's ridiculous!

If studies show that speed enforcement lowers crime, than once again you have proved my point. We don't need cops running radar in a low crime community at 10:00am, we need them where crime is happening and at the times that crime is happening!

The "I am the Law attitude" is what is causing you to get no respect. It's sad that a law abiding citizen, who has never seen the inside of a jail, and had 3 tickets in 30 years, has very little respect for the Public Servant that his tax money employs. Ever heard the saying "to earn respect, you must give respect"? By the way, the 3 tickets were by very professional and courteous officers, none were from Broward! Once I was stopped by Pines for 43 in a 35, and that was a negative experience!(if you want the details ask)

You chase policies are the way they are because there is no need to chase, and ENDANGER THE PUBLIC for a 7 mph over the speed limit fine. Unless it's a Forcible Felony, and the person posses an eminent threat, then by all means chase and apprehend -- but only then!

I don't need to take a ride along, have plenty of experience! Your job is difficult, but what you don't understand is that I would love to make your job easier, and safer. If the public, and I mean law abiding citizen, gained your respect you would have so much more respect and support!

I have lost plenty of friends myself!

About hiding in bushes-- my comment was that if your department has enough resources to have plenty of motor units writing 7 mph over the speed limit citations, and no u-turn citations on streets that have minimal accidents and crime, then your department is not using it's resources correctly, and they need to be cut!

I have never said I hated cops, and don't think I made negative comments. If you are offended that you are a Public Servant, then you need to verify why you are employed and what you are. I have significant respect for Cops, most of my friends are 37's. What I am saying is that as a whole, people need to get a better feel for their Officers and you guys are the ones who have caused the distinction. Just use common sense! I know you are not blind, you even said that people have lost respect for your profession, why do you think that is? Just an example -- Scopa! (youtube the video) Bad apples leave a bad taste for apples!

Seriously would it hurt to drive down the streets and actually wave to people, stop have a conversation, and communicate with the residents? One year of this interaction and you would have more people turning in criminals and helping you guys than you could ever think, thereby increasing your effectiveness and providing you a safer work environment. Most people want to like you, but as a whole your co-workers separate themselves!

Thanks for the invitation, but spent plenty of nights in a car myself!

Once again, increasing the traffic enforcement during a recession is a lack of respect towards the community, it's citizens and only causes further animosity!

05-11-2009, 12:22 PM
I completely agree. Unfortunately, cops believe because of the uniform, they automatically earn respect. Now, among the new recruits, there is that sense of entitlement. Finally, the mentality has become, this is US against THEM. Forget, the community, we are all enemies. You see, we don't wear that uniform. :roll: It's a choice, we don't aspire to wear that uniform, we want to be treated fairly and respectfully. WE ARE NOT ALL CRIMINALS.

05-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Do you think as a Police Officer we don't pay taxes and are not part of the community?? Do you know how many times people come knock on my door when they see that car outsidefor help on or off duty?? So your saying the economy is bad we should just turn our heads, and let people break the law. Maybe you should call the paper and advise the community to drive slower and safer. This would not only stop them from getting tickets, but also save fuel. You are a very uninformed person, and ignorant. The city gets minimual revenue for tickets generated number one. The second thing is that officers that you see writing tickets during the day, do not get overtime because they attend court on duty. The last thing is numerous studies have been done, where there is a high amount of traffic enforcement crime is lowered. The problem isn't " I am the Law attitude" its there is no respect for the police. Its people like you who critize us for doing our job. Thats why police have such restraints put on them such as abseurd chase policies. I encourage you to take a citizen ride along for one evening and put yourself in our shoes. You might understand how difficult our job really is, and its not all eating donuts. In closing just remember next week is Police Memorial Week, numerous brothers and sisters of mine who have been laid to rest acting as you call them public servants.. You are so very wrong if you think that our job is hiding in bushes.. Just remember I am the one you who will come to you when you dial 911. I respond 24 hours a day 365 days a year, in any situation or storm. Many of nights I have left my one family in time of need, to protect yours. The next time you want to make a negative comment towards us, you remember I am more than just a public servant. Im not complaining I love my job, and I do it with pride. I actually hope you ride along with me.

First, you chose the career you have, if you don't want people knocking on your door, then change professions.

I am not uninformed or ignorant, but you comments do go to serve my point. You department gets around $3 per citation issued. Most police departments issue citation when you are doing a certain amount over the speed limit, generally 15 over. My wife's friend got a ticket the other day for doing 42 in a 35 on 8500 block of taft, that's ridiculous!

If studies show that speed enforcement lowers crime, than once again you have proved my point. We don't need cops running radar in a low crime community at 10:00am, we need them where crime is happening and at the times that crime is happening!

The "I am the Law attitude" is what is causing you to get no respect. It's sad that a law abiding citizen, who has never seen the inside of a jail, and had 3 tickets in 30 years, has very little respect for the Public Servant that his tax money employs. Ever heard the saying "to earn respect, you must give respect"? By the way, the 3 tickets were by very professional and courteous officers, none were from Broward! Once I was stopped by Pines for 43 in a 35, and that was a negative experience!(if you want the details ask)

You chase policies are the way they are because there is no need to chase, and ENDANGER THE PUBLIC for a 7 mph over the speed limit fine. Unless it's a Forcible Felony, and the person posses an eminent threat, then by all means chase and apprehend -- but only then!

I don't need to take a ride along, have plenty of experience! Your job is difficult, but what you don't understand is that I would love to make your job easier, and safer. If the public, and I mean law abiding citizen, gained your respect you would have so much more respect and support!

I have lost plenty of friends myself!

About hiding in bushes-- my comment was that if your department has enough resources to have plenty of motor units writing 7 mph over the speed limit citations, and no u-turn citations on streets that have minimal accidents and crime, then your department is not using it's resources correctly, and they need to be cut!

I have never said I hated cops, and don't think I made negative comments. If you are offended that you are a Public Servant, then you need to verify why you are employed and what you are. I have significant respect for Cops, most of my friends are 37's. What I am saying is that as a whole, people need to get a better feel for their Officers and you guys are the ones who have caused the distinction. Just use common sense! I know you are not blind, you even said that people have lost respect for your profession, why do you think that is? Just an example -- Scopa! (youtube the video) Bad apples leave a bad taste for apples!

Seriously would it hurt to drive down the streets and actually wave to people, stop have a conversation, and communicate with the residents? One year of this interaction and you would have more people turning in criminals and helping you guys than you could ever think, thereby increasing your effectiveness and providing you a safer work environment. Most people want to like you, but as a whole your co-workers separate themselves!

Thanks for the invitation, but spent plenty of nights in a car myself!

Once again, increasing the traffic enforcement during a recession is a lack of respect towards the community, it's citizens and only causes further animosity!This guy is probally someone who couldn't make it as a cop.. Look he is hanging out on a website for cops!! Hey dude get a life I don't come to your job and tell you how to do it..

05-11-2009, 06:15 PM
This guy is probally someone who couldn't make it as a cop.. Look he is hanging out on a website for cops!! Hey dude get a life I don't come to your job and tell you how to do it..

LMAO. I was a 37 for 10 years, and for financial reason I left! I could no longer work for pennies, and put up with the management or politics. Not to mention I did not like the direction the leadership (or lack of) was taking things.

This website is related to another new business venture I am opening.

I do have a life, and your "job" is my business as you are a "Public Servant" paid with taxpayer funds. This is what you don't understand! You work for the community. Who do you think you work for?

Once again, let's stay on topic! Why the increased speed enforcement, during a recession? I can see in areas of "high crime" and location of high traffic incidents, but giving tickets to hard working folks in areas and times that have neither "high crime" or high traffic accidents, unjustifiable!

05-11-2009, 06:22 PM
Ask your "37" friends what they think about your post's on this website, and if they would agree with your tax payer mentality. Also its a speed LIMIT, not suggestion. Stop your whining and unless you can do it better, shut your mouth, slow down, and tell your friends to slow down.

05-11-2009, 07:12 PM
Ask your "37" friends what they think about your post's on this website, and if they would agree with your tax payer mentality. Also its a speed LIMIT, not suggestion. Stop your whining and unless you can do it better, shut your mouth, slow down, and tell your friends to slow down.
Yet another, "I'm better than you" mentality!
I agree it's a speed limit and not a suggestion. So why do most cops fly down the road, when not going to emergency responses? What does your Policy say about this?
What is your mentality as to who you work for? We ALL pay taxes, you and I. Your CHOICE was to be a Public Servant. Please answer who you think you work for?

05-12-2009, 04:25 AM
If you were a 37 then you'd know your self that flying down the road code can cause accidents involving you or other people and now isn't that just great. How do you know the officer flying down he road isn't going to a call where there is a possibility of somebody getting hurt, or maybe he is enroute to a 21 in progress and they dont want officers to use thier sirens, people come on here to complain about things, but they dont think of the factors in a situation.

On that ticket note, yes the economy is in bad shape, but say somebody is west on johnson from university at 3:00 pm on a weekday, they see a hole open up in traffic and just hit it, they hit 50 or 60, but guess what oh no little jimmy on the bike thought he could cross the street in time, but no BOOM!....jimmy is dead and his family wonders where were the police, where were the traffic enforcement guys we saw all the time protecting our kids from the dangers of the roads. Some people deserve tickets sometimes. If you got one and are complaining about it that's why god made court, go state your case, oh and if your too busy to miss work for the day, then just hush and pay the ticket. simple as that.

05-12-2009, 04:37 AM
This guy is probally someone who couldn't make it as a cop.. Look he is hanging out on a website for cops!! Hey dude get a life I don't come to your job and tell you how to do it..

LMAO. I was a 37 for 10 years, and for financial reason I left! I could no longer work for pennies, and put up with the management or politics. Not to mention I did not like the direction the leadership (or lack of) was taking things.

I do have a life, and your "job" is my business as you are a "Public Servant" paid with taxpayer funds. This is what you don't understand! You work for the community. Who do you think you work for?

Once again, let's stay on topic! Why the increased speed enforcement, during a recession? I can see in areas of "high crime" and location of high traffic incidents, but giving tickets to hard working folks in areas and times that have neither "high crime" or high traffic accidents, unjustifiable!IM LMAO you said our budget should be cut, but you left law enforcement because you only made pennies.. Let's face the facts you either got fired, or couldn't make it as a cop.. So your an out of work person who comes on a leo website because its related to a business venture i am opening.. I'm probally paying for your food stamps and un employment go crawl back under your rock..

05-12-2009, 11:26 AM
If you were a 37 then you'd know your self that flying down the road code can cause accidents involving you or other people and now isn't that just great. How do you know the officer flying down he road isn't going to a call where there is a possibility of somebody getting hurt, or maybe he is enroute to a 21 in progress and they dont want officers to use thier sirens, people come on here to complain about things, but they dont think of the factors in a situation.

On that ticket note, yes the economy is in bad shape, but say somebody is west on johnson from university at 3:00 pm on a weekday, they see a hole open up in traffic and just hit it, they hit 50 or 60, but guess what oh no little jimmy on the bike thought he could cross the street in time, but no BOOM!....jimmy is dead and his family wonders where were the police, where were the traffic enforcement guys we saw all the time protecting our kids from the dangers of the roads. Some people deserve tickets sometimes. If you got one and are complaining about it that's why god made court, go state your case, oh and if your too busy to miss work for the day, then just hush and pay the ticket. simple as that.

You both have a point. Pines motorcycle cops are everywhere giving tickets, and it's not on busy streets where problems occur.
And I had a Pines cop cut me off, while he was speeding, then got on I-75 and left the city, probably to his house. You guys don't respond up to Sunrise! And these are the kind of things that piss people off.

05-12-2009, 12:50 PM

Once again, let's stay on topic! Why the increased speed enforcement, during a recession? I can see in areas of "high crime" and location of high traffic incidents, but giving tickets to hard working folks in areas and times that have neither "high crime" or high traffic accidents, unjustifiable!

IM LMAO you said our budget should be cut, but you left law enforcement because you only made pennies.. Let's face the facts you either got fired, or couldn't make it as a cop.. So your an out of work person who comes on a leo website because its related to a business venture i am opening.. I'm probally paying for your food stamps and un employment go crawl back under your rock..

Of course anyone who does not see your way of seeing thins must live in a trailer, be on welfare and smoke crack right?

05-12-2009, 01:40 PM

You both have a point. Pines motorcycle cops are everywhere giving tickets, and it's not on busy streets where problems occur.
And I had a Pines cop cut me off, while he was speeding, then got on I-75 and left the city, probably to his house. You guys don't respond up to Sunrise! And these are the kind of things that piss people off.

The uniform doesnt make the person the person makes the uniform. If you get what I mean this saying is the reason why people don't have respect for the police anymore. Some people have the drive it like a rental car attitude towards their squad cars.
Don't trust the police, no justice no peace, they go thier own blue face down in the middle of the street.

05-12-2009, 01:54 PM
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson

05-14-2009, 07:00 PM
What you are basically suggesting is that we should only enforce those laws that YOU feel are worthy of action. What you dont understand is that not a day goes by that a citizen doesn't complain to me about the traffic in their neighborhood. The reason that officer is on that street is more likely due to a special request from a citizen.
I have arrested people for simple possession of marijuana (cannabis) who have stated "why dont you get the "real" criminals? They dont even think it should be against the law. People who receive citations never accept that they were wrong, they just whine that there was something better we should be doing.
By the way, Officers are not writing more tickets because of the economy, there has not been any increase in ticket writing, no special campaigns to target speeders, no conspiracy to get those on taft st, it's just your perception of law enforcement thats twisted here.
Also, when it's your car that they are stealing, that's when you wish we had more relaxed chase laws.
I have been on the other side, i know what your thinking, but I can tell you that if you truly know anything about law enforcement you would know that you a very wrong in your comments.

05-14-2009, 09:30 PM
Such nonsense! My particular neighborhood has complained about speeders for years, and I have yet to see one Police writing tickets in this block!

I haven't received a ticket! That is not what I am saying! What I said was why not go to heavy traffic accident areas, or crime areas instead. Maximize the use of resources.

I have a Porsche and if it gets stolen, then I have insurance. I only have one son! Chasing should ONLY be for the eminent protection of life!

Marijuana..... that is another topic on it's own. Think of all the taxable income, reduced population in jails, and cost savings to out government. Side affect sales of potato chips would go up! By that way, do have a clue how many professionals (doctors, lawyers, judges even Cops) smoke marijuana? I can almost assure you that if you do a random test on all your officers about 15+% will be dirty.

Check out this articles: http://editorial.autos.msn.com/article. ... tid=948333 (http://editorial.autos.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=948333)

If you have been on the other side, you would also understand that more and more people every day are getting a stronger dislike for the Police. Have you ever stopped and wondered why?

I am not trying to bash anyone, but you guys really have to open your eyes, it's not about your way only. The whole mentality of "everyone is against us", and "what do they know" has failed in the last 10 years, don't you think it's time for a better approach? Law abiding citizens don't want tickets for 7 miles over the speed limit (unless in a school zone). If you guys know that times are hard for many, can't you give more warnings? Can't you socialize with law abiding citizens more? Just today I was a the mall, an officer walked past me and I said "how's it going", the expression I received in return was like I said something wrong to him.

Two weeks ago my daughter was with her friend leaving work at about 8pm. She was driving her car when she was stopped by some young officer clearly trying to flirt with her. He asked about her speed and when she mentioned that she was doing 45, he asked if she knew the speed limit? Again she said 45, and the officer just smiled and said oh. Just because two young cute girls a re driving in a mercedes does not mean he can stop her to try to flirt. These are the things you guys need to clean up, which cause the public to have such animosity towards you guys.

So again I ask, and probably for the 5th time, why do you think the public has started to dislike the police so much? Let's see how mature we can be!

05-14-2009, 11:47 PM
Such nonsense! My particular neighborhood has complained about speeders for years, and I have yet to see one Police writing tickets in this block!

I haven't received a ticket! That is not what I am saying! What I said was why not go to heavy traffic accident areas, or crime areas instead. Maximize the use of resources.

I have a Porsche and if it gets stolen, then I have insurance. I only have one son! Chasing should ONLY be for the eminent protection of life!

Marijuana..... that is another topic on it's own. Think of all the taxable income, reduced population in jails, and cost savings to out government. Side affect sales of potato chips would go up! By that way, do have a clue how many professionals (doctors, lawyers, judges even Cops) smoke marijuana? I can almost assure you that if you do a random test on all your officers about 15+% will be dirty.

Check out this articles: http://editorial.autos.msn.com/article. ... tid=948333 (http://editorial.autos.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=948333)

If you have been on the other side, you would also understand that more and more people every day are getting a stronger dislike for the Police. Have you ever stopped and wondered why?

I am not trying to bash anyone, but you guys really have to open your eyes, it's not about your way only. The whole mentality of "everyone is against us", and "what do they know" has failed in the last 10 years, don't you think it's time for a better approach? Law abiding citizens don't want tickets for 7 miles over the speed limit (unless in a school zone). If you guys know that times are hard for many, can't you give more warnings? Can't you socialize with law abiding citizens more? Just today I was a the mall, an officer walked past me and I said "how's it going", the expression I received in return was like I said something wrong to him.

Two weeks ago my daughter was with her friend leaving work at about 8pm. She was driving her car when she was stopped by some young officer clearly trying to flirt with her. He asked about her speed and when she mentioned that she was doing 45, he asked if she knew the speed limit? Again she said 45, and the officer just smiled and said oh. Just because two young cute girls a re driving in a mercedes does not mean he can stop her to try to flirt. These are the things you guys need to clean up, which cause the public to have such animosity towards you guys.

So again I ask, and probably for the 5th time, why do you think the public has started to dislike the police so much? Let's see how mature we can be!

Why the long diatribe? Me thinks it was just so you can mention that you drive a Porsche & your daughter (or at least her friend) drives a Mercedes. I drive a Crown Vic. Wanna race?

05-14-2009, 11:54 PM

Why the long diatribe? Me thinks it was just so you can mention that you drive a Porsche & your daughter (or at least her friend) drives a Mercedes. I drive a Crown Vic. Wanna race?

AH the true definition of entrapment. Sure we can race, since now i have a defense!

Entrapment is the act of a law enforcement agent inducing a person to commit an offense which should be illegal and the person would otherwise have been unlikely to commit.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entrapment

Anyways, once again avoided;
Why do you think the public has started to dislike the police so much

05-15-2009, 04:38 AM
There are way too many reasons to explain why people have begun hating law enforcement. If you ask that question, which you did then you will get everybodies OPINION on why people don't like police anymore. However, you will not get a straight simple answer because there is not one. If I was in the mall and in uniform and somebody said how are you doing to me, I would also be like what the hell, cause its like just weird, people wouldn't do it if you weren't in uniform so why should they do it just because we are wearing a uniform, I mean it is a show of respect which we should appreciate, but I guess now a days its just not something common for somebody to do so its looked upon as weird. While in uniform I also don't like to shake peoples hands, yes shaking somebodies hand is a sign of respect, But I just don't like to do it. Mainly its a personal thing, I don't like to shake somebodies hand cause if i forget to wash my hands and it happens, when i go to eat I got somebody else's balls pretty much in my hand or w/e and its an easy way to get sick, now some people may see this as a turn off and be like damn that guy is mean, but I simply explain hey I don't shake peoples hands while in uniform. Mainly in my opinion the way that officers react to somebody showing a sign of respect is a turn off on that person pretty much because for every 1 person that likes officers theres probably another 15 that are haters. So officers really don't deal with people who respect them a 'lot of them time, you have to remember we deal with peoples problems, people call the Police to solve thier Problems some of which we cant solve. Some people just think officers can do everything, but they cant so when we cant help somebody its a turn off and a sign of disrespect. Now on some officers it gets to them, there is no possible way to ever be nice to a certain cop and have him be nice back to you, but that's most likely because of years of ridicule for being a police officer and hes just fed up with all the crap hes gotta take form people he may end up having to save from a psychotic gunman in the future.

05-15-2009, 11:02 AM
There are way too many reasons to explain why people have begun hating law enforcement. If you ask that question, which you did then you will get everybodies OPINION on why people don't like police anymore. However, you will not get a straight simple answer because there is not one. If I was in the mall and in uniform and somebody said how are you doing to me, I would also be like what the hell, cause its like just weird, people wouldn't do it if you weren't in uniform so why should they do it just because we are wearing a uniform, I mean it is a show of respect which we should appreciate, but I guess now a days its just not something common for somebody to do so its looked upon as weird. While in uniform I also don't like to shake peoples hands, yes shaking somebodies hand is a sign of respect, But I just don't like to do it. Mainly its a personal thing, I don't like to shake somebodies hand cause if i forget to wash my hands and it happens, when i go to eat I got somebody else's balls pretty much in my hand or w/e and its an easy way to get sick, now some people may see this as a turn off and be like darn that guy is mean, but I simply explain hey I don't shake peoples hands while in uniform. Mainly in my opinion the way that officers react to somebody showing a sign of respect is a turn off on that person pretty much because for every 1 person that likes officers theres probably another 15 that are haters. So officers really don't deal with people who respect them a 'lot of them time, you have to remember we deal with peoples problems, people call the Police to solve thier Problems some of which we cant solve. Some people just think officers can do everything, but they cant so when we cant help somebody its a turn off and a sign of disrespect. Now on some officers it gets to them, there is no possible way to ever be nice to a certain cop and have him be nice back to you, but that's most likely because of years of ridicule for being a police officer and hes just fed up with all the crap hes gotta take form people he may end up having to save from a psychotic gunman in the future.

Thanks, clearly a person to respect.
I totally agree with you.
I know it would seem weird for a total stranger to say "hello". And I don't like to shake hands with people I don't know either. But just as you said, some people might be offended by the officer's response. The ones that do say "hello" to officers are normally not criminals, but the law-abiding citizens who until that day looked up to the police. But how do you think they feel afterwards? This only causes more and more people to have such disgust with the police and the arrogant attitude that is portrayed. Just look at some of the comments posted here!

Hey I understand that the same person walking up to you to say hello, could also be some idiot out to cause harm to an Officer, but it could also be a honest citizen going to give you a tip on a murder case, or just say "thank you". I say thanks all the time, I don't want to work midnights and be away from my wife and kids. But it just causes a further gap in communication if Officers don't understand the community, and give of an arrogant attitude.

I can't even count how many times I would be outside landscaping my house and wave at a Police car passing by, just to be ignored! I can't do anything if they wave back, but it would make my son want to wave at them next time he sees them. My child still looks up to you guys, wave back and he might not hate you later!

Back to the original post:
Let's be honest here for a minute; A lady who is struggling to get by with her two kids, on her own, doing 42 in a 35mph zone, gives no attitude and has no record, why can't she get a warning? You guys do it all the time for "relatives" of officers, you know extended courtesy. (there is another post here about that)

The reason I started this tread is because she got a ticket.

This lady just stood up to her abusive and cheating husband and now lives alone with her kids. She makes barely enough to get by. She was pulled over for 42 in a 35 and was given a citation after asking the officer for a warning, and explaining that she was on her way from work to home to take her father to the hospital. If you were to see her, she gives of the impression of the math club girl, no tattoos, or anything that might slightly indicate that she even has one ounce of bad in her. Yet she was given a ticket for 7 miles over the speed limit! I'll be defending her citation.

05-15-2009, 02:03 PM
I totally think that you should defend her. I don't even understand why she was given a ticket if your story is 100% true which it probably is. If I would have pulled her over I would not have given her a ticket I don't think i would pull anybody over unless they were doing like 15 over, then again it all depends on the circumstances, I would pull somebody over if they were doing maybe 10 over and school at just let out or thier were pedestrians in the area at the time, but she would have had to put the pedestrian in danger for me to pull her over, I would be pretty lenient when pulling people over. But it is on who the officer is and how they are with tickets, I guess some officers like writing tickets and others don't. It sounds like since she was 7 over the limit I'm 90% sure she was pulled over by a traffic unit guy. But that's what they traffic enforcement is their job and they obviously love to do it, but I still think its wrong.

Depending on the mood I'm in or who the person is if somebody random said Hi to me I would say how ya doing back, but I recall earlier in the week A guy tried to do that but i was such in a rush that I totally ignored him. I didn't ignore him on purpose but I needed to get many things done. It just happens sometimes. I'm all for the kids, whenever I'm in uniform if the kids give me any type of good hey officer attention then I'll talk to them, but sometimes they act like really scared and just give you that like little kid OMG scare where they don't take thier eyes off of you, it makes you feel like if you do try and talk to them or something or get close to them they'll like start to cry or something or get scared, then you feel like crap, believe me its a really nasty feeling, kinda that helpless feeling you get when your in the publix parking lot and a little ones balloon fly's away and they cry, but thier parents yell at them instead of tell them its OK, or ill pay another dollar to get you know, ya know what I mean. It just gets weird out there sometimes.

05-15-2009, 10:04 PM
I totally think that you should defend her. I don't even understand why she was given a ticket if your story is 100% true which it probably is. If I would have pulled her over I would not have given her a ticket I don't think i would pull anybody over unless they were doing like 15 over, then again it all depends on the circumstances, I would pull somebody over if they were doing maybe 10 over and school at just let out or thier were pedestrians in the area at the time, but she would have had to put the pedestrian in danger for me to pull her over, I would be pretty lenient when pulling people over. But it is on who the officer is and how they are with tickets, I guess some officers like writing tickets and others don't. It sounds like since she was 7 over the limit I'm 90% sure she was pulled over by a traffic unit guy. But that's what they traffic enforcement is their job and they obviously love to do it, but I still think its wrong.

Depending on the mood I'm in or who the person is if somebody random said Hi to me I would say how ya doing back, but I recall earlier in the week A guy tried to do that but i was such in a rush that I totally ignored him. I didn't ignore him on purpose but I needed to get many things done. It just happens sometimes. I'm all for the kids, whenever I'm in uniform if the kids give me any type of good hey officer attention then I'll talk to them, but sometimes they act like really scared and just give you that like little kid OMG scare where they don't take thier eyes off of you, it makes you feel like if you do try and talk to them or something or get close to them they'll like start to cry or something or get scared, then you feel like crap, believe me its a really nasty feeling, kinda that helpless feeling you get when your in the publix parking lot and a little ones balloon fly's away and they cry, but thier parents yell at them instead of tell them its OK, or ill pay another dollar to get you know, ya know what I mean. It just gets weird out there sometimes.

Kushi's the guy ---- We need to clone you! If we had more like you I doubt there would be the problem there is now. Do you have any plans on running for Sheriff, you have my vote.
Yes, it was a motorcycle officer.

05-15-2009, 11:54 PM
Thanks man. Hmmmm If I was sheriff or chief of a department someday if possible I would be out there with them on the streets. Don't need to collect over 100 grand a year to sit in a nice corner office. I have to say though our chief in pines may not be out on the streets, but damn He actually works, when I went to his office to give him something He was there reviewing some type of papers and broke what he was doing so I could give him what he needed. He is a very good chief.

We cant stop officers from using the power that they have been given by the state of florida, but I assure you when I am cop, and I get out there on my own, I think the public will see a better view on law enforcement officers and the people that work with them.

05-16-2009, 03:28 PM
There are way too many reasons to explain why people have begun hating law enforcement. If you ask that question, which you did then you will get everybodies OPINION on why people don't like police anymore. However, you will not get a straight simple answer because there is not one. If I was in the mall and in uniform and somebody said how are you doing to me, I would also be like what the hell, cause its like just weird, people wouldn't do it if you weren't in uniform so why should they do it just because we are wearing a uniform, I mean it is a show of respect which we should appreciate, but I guess now a days its just not something common for somebody to do so its looked upon as weird. While in uniform I also don't like to shake peoples hands, yes shaking somebodies hand is a sign of respect, But I just don't like to do it. Mainly its a personal thing, I don't like to shake somebodies hand cause if i forget to wash my hands and it happens, when i go to eat I got somebody else's balls pretty much in my hand or w/e and its an easy way to get sick, now some people may see this as a turn off and be like darn that guy is mean, but I simply explain hey I don't shake peoples hands while in uniform. Mainly in my opinion the way that officers react to somebody showing a sign of respect is a turn off on that person pretty much because for every 1 person that likes officers theres probably another 15 that are haters. So officers really don't deal with people who respect them a 'lot of them time, you have to remember we deal with peoples problems, people call the Police to solve thier Problems some of which we cant solve. Some people just think officers can do everything, but they cant so when we cant help somebody its a turn off and a sign of disrespect. Now on some officers it gets to them, there is no possible way to ever be nice to a certain cop and have him be nice back to you, but that's most likely because of years of ridicule for being a police officer and hes just fed up with all the crap hes gotta take form people he may end up having to save from a psychotic gunman in the future.

Thanks, clearly a person to respect.
I totally agree with you.
I know it would seem weird for a total stranger to say "hello". And I don't like to shake hands with people I don't know either. But just as you said, some people might be offended by the officer's response. The ones that do say "hello" to officers are normally not criminals, but the law-abiding citizens who until that day looked up to the police. But how do you think they feel afterwards? This only causes more and more people to have such disgust with the police and the arrogant attitude that is portrayed. Just look at some of the comments posted here!

Hey I understand that the same person walking up to you to say hello, could also be some idiot out to cause harm to an Officer, but it could also be a honest citizen going to give you a tip on a murder case, or just say "thank you". I say thanks all the time, I don't want to work midnights and be away from my wife and kids. But it just causes a further gap in communication if Officers don't understand the community, and give of an arrogant attitude.

I can't even count how many times I would be outside landscaping my house and wave at a Police car passing by, just to be ignored! I can't do anything if they wave back, but it would make my son want to wave at them next time he sees them. My child still looks up to you guys, wave back and he might not hate you later!

Back to the original post:
Let's be honest here for a minute; A lady who is struggling to get by with her two kids, on her own, doing 42 in a 35mph zone, gives no attitude and has no record, why can't she get a warning? You guys do it all the time for "relatives" of officers, you know extended courtesy. (there is another post here about that)

The reason I started this tread is because she got a ticket.

This lady just stood up to her abusive and cheating husband and now lives alone with her kids. She makes barely enough to get by. She was pulled over for 42 in a 35 and was given a citation after asking the officer for a warning, and explaining that she was on her way from work to home to take her father to the hospital. If you were to see her, she gives of the impression of the math club girl, no tattoos, or anything that might slightly indicate that she even has one ounce of bad in her. Yet she was given a ticket for 7 miles over the speed limit! I'll be defending her citation.
Well you just explained everything your a lawyer... The scum of the earth, just as you proved above always trying to find loop holes in the law. If your friend shot 10 people in the mall would you defend her, and say she had a bad day.. I hope your friend loses in court.. By the way the bad day defense doesn't work.. Your friend broke the law and now she must pay.. I hope you lose, and I'm there to watch..

05-16-2009, 07:15 PM
You also have to think when officers pull people over they automatically think that thier getting a ticket, so they do w/e they can to get themselves out of a ticket even though they might not even be getting one. you can hear a lot of BS from people now a days, so its hard to know who's telling the truth and who isn't. Now if the female here had her 2 kids with her and she had bruises on her face and body and she showed the officer a case card with the incident number, I'm sure that he wouldn't have written her a ticket, I know some officers seem like they don't have a heart, but they do especially the traffic guys they have the have the biggest hearts of all. Working with fatal accidents where drunk drivers kill a car full of kids and stuff like that , you gotta give them credit.

05-16-2009, 10:21 PM
You also have to think when officers pull people over they automatically think that thier getting a ticket, so they do w/e they can to get themselves out of a ticket even though they might not even be getting one. you can hear a lot of BS from people now a days, so its hard to know who's telling the truth and who isn't. Now if the female here had her 2 kids with her and she had bruises on her face and body and she showed the officer a case card with the incident number, I'm sure that he wouldn't have written her a ticket, I know some officers seem like they don't have a heart, but they do especially the traffic guys they have the have the biggest hearts of all. Working with fatal accidents where drunk drivers kill a car full of kids and stuff like that , you gotta give them credit. Your excatly right people give every excuse in the book. You can never tell who is lying or telling the truth. Don't break the law and there will be no problem

05-17-2009, 12:17 AM
You also have to think when officers pull people over they automatically think that thier getting a ticket, so they do w/e they can to get themselves out of a ticket even though they might not even be getting one. you can hear a lot of BS from people now a days, so its hard to know who's telling the truth and who isn't. Now if the female here had her 2 kids with her and she had bruises on her face and body and she showed the officer a case card with the incident number, I'm sure that he wouldn't have written her a ticket, I know some officers seem like they don't have a heart, but they do especially the traffic guys they have the have the biggest hearts of all. Working with fatal accidents where drunk drivers kill a car full of kids and stuff like that , you gotta give them credit. Your excatly right people give every excuse in the book. You can never tell who is lying or telling the truth. Don't break the law and there will be no problem

Cops don't Speed? Does anything make you special?
You guys have numerous posts on here saying how you give "professional courtesy" and even several over other cops getting angry about their extended family getting a ticket and how "professional courtesy" should have been extended to their 3rd cousin.....

05-17-2009, 06:39 AM
well I don't care about how the other officers treat people, that really isn't my business, but I give professional courtesy. but then again who am I????? we may never know.

05-17-2009, 12:52 PM
well I don't care about how the other officers treat people, that really isn't my business, but I give professional courtesy. but then again who am I????? we may never know.

Kushi, who you are is a person who has is not spoiled yet. You don't deal with all the stresses of their job, therefore you have not gotten into their mind frame. Listen, I don't hate cops, I understand a lot about them. When you do become an Officer make sure you keep plenty of civilian friends so you won't loose perception and get the 'attitude'. Like I previously stated, you'll make a great officer and hopefully run for Sheriff, just don't loose sight of the ground you stand on and who you are.

It's like a game of chess, stand back and watch both sides of the table so you can have a broader view of the game.

05-17-2009, 04:01 PM

Cops don't Speed? Does anything make you special?
You guys have numerous posts on here saying how you give "professional courtesy" and even several over other cops getting angry about their extended family getting a ticket and how "professional courtesy" should have been extended to their 3rd cousin.....Your excatly right and Macy's gives discounts to their employees.. Lawyers don't charge clients who are friends and family, and airline employees fly free. Professional courtsey is the same thing, its part of the job. We are not saying using professional courtsey to get out of a crime, but is my decision who I write tickets to. Believe me I give the gereral public numerous breaks. So don't sit here and critize us for using the term of professional courtesy, because there is nothing wrong with it.

05-18-2009, 04:08 AM
Kushi's the guy ---- We need to clone you! If we had more like you I doubt there would be the problem there is now. Do you have any plans on running for Sheriff, you have my vote.
Yes, it was a motorcycle officer.[/quote]

YOU ARE SERIOUSLY MISTAKEN MY FRIEND. IF WE HAD A COMPLETE KUSHI PD HERE'S WHAT WE'D HAVE:

1) COPS THAT ONLY RESPOND TO DRUG CALLS
2) COPS THAT DO TRAFFIC STOPS WITHOUT ADVISING
3) COPS THAT SEARCH CARS WITH SUSPECTS BEHIND THEM
4) COPS THAT DON'T ADVISE OTHER COPS THAT THEY CURRENTLY HAVE PEOPLE/SUSPECTS DETAINED IN THEIR CAR
5) COPS THAT REFUSE TO LEAVE A TRAFFIC STOP, DUMP MARIJUANA, OR LET A SUSPECT WITH A WARRANT GO TO HELP A FELLOW OFFICER OR CITIZEN IN DIRE NEED
6) COPS THAT ONLY EXPECT OFFICERS TO RESPOND FOR THEM AS BACKUP, BUT THEY REFUSE TO DO THE SAME FOR YOU.

NOW I ASK YOU, DO YOU REALLY WANT A FORCE OF 250 PEOPLE DOING THE SAME THING AS THIS? THIS IS ONLY ONE PERSON, AND EACH OF THE ABOVE HAS BEEN DONE BY HIM OVER AND OVER AGAIN EVEN AFTER BEING SPOKEN TO BY SEVERAL SERGEANTS. THE ABOVE IS ONLY A FRACTION OF HIS INFRACTIONS. NOW WE HAVE PEOPLE LIKE YOU CLAIMING THIS IS THE RIGHT WAY TO DO POLICE WORK, AND THANKS TO THAT I'M STARTING TO SEE IT IN SOME OF OUR NEWER OFFICERS.

IF YOU "MEASLY" PATROL OFFICERS (THAT'S HOW WE'RE VIEWED), SECRETED SERGEANTS, OR OVERPAID ADMINISTRATORS WANT TO AVOID AN IMMEDIATE FUTURE CATSTROPHE WITHIN THIS AGENCY, START GETTING ON THIS GUY NOW. HE IS IN FACT THE GOOD GUY SINCE HIS CUFFS DO GET A LOT OF EXERCISE. I DO CREDIT HIM AN AWFUL LOT FOR HIS PERSEVERANCE. FIVE STARS IN FACT, BUT THE SAFETY OF HIMSELF AND OTHERS IS IN THE NEGATIVE. HE'S BOUND TO GET HIMSELF OR SOMEONE ELSE HURT. I'M NOT GONNA SAY "IF IT HAPPENS", BUT I WILL SAY "WHEN IT HAPPENS" THERE WILL BE MANY LIKE ME THAT COME FORWARD AND TELL YOU "WE TOLD YOU SO".

PERSONAL LAWSUITS MAY BE FORTHCOMING AND YOUR RANKS MAY BE AT RISK.

05-18-2009, 01:29 PM
Everybody has thier own way with police work, I've only seen the guy once and thats after he had somebody in custody. His officer safety may be a factor to some officers out there, but he has his own way of doing police work and thats the way that he likes to do it. I'm simply standing up for the guy cause somebody was bashing him around in one of the other forums here, and the name kushi's the good guy just stuck i guess as a nickname. I mean he is on the crime supression team and that doesn't mean he needs to always make drugs arrests or arrests on 10-50's. The focus of the Crime supression team is to supress crime, whatever it may be. Drugs stem to a lot of crimes. I mean we can't do everything. No matter what, a police officer will be looked down upon on somebody.

Whats with all the backstabbing in this department, damn its like everybody hates each other. We all have our faults, we can't meet everybodies wants and needs.

If hes been spoke to by several differnet sargeants then he apparently has his own way of doing police work. Being a police officer is about going out and catching criminals. criminal is anybody that breaks a law, now some laws are stupid and its dumb to arrest people for some minor things, but thats just like a definition of criminal. Apparently he doesnt let anybody get in his way of his job no matter what rank , now that is a risky thing to do, but he does it and thats the way he feels comfortable I guess. If he really is doing something wrong then he will learn from his mistake eventually, but we all learn from our mistakes. If I was in trouble and getting beat by some guy on some crazy stuff and I didnt see him show up and I knew he was 10-8 then I would be pissed at the guy, who wouldn't. Dont Hold things on somebody forever though.

05-18-2009, 01:42 PM
Yes, it was a motorcycle officer.

YOU ARE SERIOUSLY MISTAKEN MY FRIEND. IF WE HAD A COMPLETE KUSHI PD HERE'S WHAT WE'D HAVE:

1) COPS THAT ONLY RESPOND TO DRUG CALLS
2) COPS THAT DO TRAFFIC STOPS WITHOUT ADVISING
3) COPS THAT SEARCH CARS WITH SUSPECTS BEHIND THEM
4) COPS THAT DON'T ADVISE OTHER COPS THAT THEY CURRENTLY HAVE PEOPLE/SUSPECTS DETAINED IN THEIR CAR
5) COPS THAT REFUSE TO LEAVE A TRAFFIC STOP, DUMP MARIJUANA, OR LET A SUSPECT WITH A WARRANT GO TO HELP A FELLOW OFFICER OR CITIZEN IN DIRE NEED
6) COPS THAT ONLY EXPECT OFFICERS TO RESPOND FOR THEM AS BACKUP, BUT THEY REFUSE TO DO THE SAME FOR YOU.

NOW I ASK YOU, DO YOU REALLY WANT A FORCE OF 250 PEOPLE DOING THE SAME THING AS THIS? THIS IS ONLY ONE PERSON, AND EACH OF THE ABOVE HAS BEEN DONE BY HIM OVER AND OVER AGAIN EVEN AFTER BEING SPOKEN TO BY SEVERAL SERGEANTS. THE ABOVE IS ONLY A FRACTION OF HIS INFRACTIONS. NOW WE HAVE PEOPLE LIKE YOU CLAIMING THIS IS THE RIGHT WAY TO DO POLICE WORK, AND THANKS TO THAT I'M STARTING TO SEE IT IN SOME OF OUR NEWER OFFICERS.

IF YOU "MEASLY" PATROL OFFICERS (THAT'S HOW WE'RE VIEWED), SECRETED SERGEANTS, OR OVERPAID ADMINISTRATORS WANT TO AVOID AN IMMEDIATE FUTURE CATSTROPHE WITHIN THIS AGENCY, START GETTING ON THIS GUY NOW. HE IS IN FACT THE GOOD GUY SINCE HIS CUFFS DO GET A LOT OF EXERCISE. I DO CREDIT HIM AN AWFUL LOT FOR HIS PERSEVERANCE. FIVE STARS IN FACT, BUT THE SAFETY OF HIMSELF AND OTHERS IS IN THE NEGATIVE. HE'S BOUND TO GET HIMSELF OR SOMEONE ELSE HURT. I'M NOT GONNA SAY "IF IT HAPPENS", BUT I WILL SAY "WHEN IT HAPPENS" THERE WILL BE MANY LIKE ME THAT COME FORWARD AND TELL YOU "WE TOLD YOU SO".

PERSONAL LAWSUITS MAY BE FORTHCOMING AND YOUR RANKS MAY BE AT RISK.[/quote]

OK I withdraw what I said, if this is so. You guys need to back each other up. There are too many risks and not everyone is a law-abiding citizen.
Can we get something in between the two extremes? Safety and community conscious?

Kushi, if those things are true, you need to step up your game. Do onto others as you would like done to you!

05-22-2009, 09:49 PM
I think they should have even more cops doing "no turn on red" enforcement and more behind trees by every mcdonalds, every house, everywhere. I want to see cops anytime at any place. The more the better.
Police officers make the ultimate sacrifice everyday, and yes, they CHOOSE to do so. That officer stopping the "no turn on red" violator, runs the risk of pulling over that lunatic who doesnt care about his own life and may choose to take a life. But you know what, I appreciate the cops work and commitment. I dont think that standing out on a roadway in 90 degree weather is too pleasant, yet the officer is out there citing violators. THANK YOU OFFICERS!
Now some mention was made that a lady was struggling and did 42 on a 35 and got cited. I am thinking there may be more to that story than she was willing to share. Regardless, she was in violation and nothing changes that. Doesnt matter if cops may speed, doesnt matter if they eat donuts by the pounds, doesnt matter if they could be out catching"real criminals". She was in violation and got caught. Maybe she is the nicest person in the world, maybe she isnt. Still doesnt change that she was wrong at that particular time and place.
So officers continue to do the job many of you do so well. Thank you for risking your lives for me and my family everyday you work.

05-23-2009, 01:02 AM
The question here is that why people don’t respect the police. Here's my opinion: Media, Lawyers, and Civil Rights Groups. Back in the days, when a police officer told someone to do something, the person did it and didn't think twice. If they didn't, they would meet the back of the officer's right or left hand. Maybe even the bottom of the officer's shoes. Over the years, if a cop takes corrective measures to make sure that the hoodrat understood their instructions, its called abuse. Criminals feel they can do anything they want and then their lawyer will get them out of it. Our forefathers are probably rolling in their graves knowing that the same constitution that they wrote to protect the people have been manipulated and twisted around to help get scumbags out of trouble.

Back when I was a civilian, I remember seeing cruisers flying by me and I thought to myself, wow he must be going to a hot call. Now, everyone's mentality is that we are flying to go get a bite to eat. It's amazing how the mentality has changed. Also, the self entitlement that the citizens have. Before being sworn, every time I was pulled over for an infraction, I felt that I was going to get a ticket. I only received one warning as a civilian. Guess what, I wasn't mad at the officer, it made me a more careful driver. I didn't want another citation that I couldn’t afford, so I paid attention to what I was doing. People now feel that if they are law abiding citizens, then they should automatically get a pass for a traffic infraction. If you feel that because an officer gave you a traffic ticket then you shouldn't help him with instances of reporting crime, then you are only hurting yourself.

It takes a partnership with the community to effectively patrol the streets. Just because an officer issues you a citation, doesn't mean that he thinks that you are a scumbag. Its one of those things that people are never going to understand. If officers don’t write tickets, we will have Chaos within our community.

Just an officer's opinion

05-23-2009, 05:49 PM
The question here is that why people don’t respect the police. Here's my opinion: Media, Lawyers, and Civil Rights Groups. Back in the days, when a police officer told someone to do something, the person did it and didn't think twice. If they didn't, they would meet the back of the officer's right or left hand. Maybe even the bottom of the officer's shoes. Over the years, if a cop takes corrective measures to make sure that the hoodrat understood their instructions, its called abuse. Criminals feel they can do anything they want and then their lawyer will get them out of it. Our forefathers are probably rolling in their graves knowing that the same constitution that they wrote to protect the people have been manipulated and twisted around to help get scumbags out of trouble.

Back when I was a civilian, I remember seeing cruisers flying by me and I thought to myself, wow he must be going to a hot call. Now, everyone's mentality is that we are flying to go get a bite to eat. It's amazing how the mentality has changed. Also, the self entitlement that the citizens have. Before being sworn, every time I was pulled over for an infraction, I felt that I was going to get a ticket. I only received one warning as a civilian. Guess what, I wasn't mad at the officer, it made me a more careful driver. I didn't want another citation that I couldn’t afford, so I paid attention to what I was doing. People now feel that if they are law abiding citizens, then they should automatically get a pass for a traffic infraction. If you feel that because an officer gave you a traffic ticket then you shouldn't help him with instances of reporting crime, then you are only hurting yourself.

It takes a partnership with the community to effectively patrol the streets. Just because an officer issues you a citation, doesn't mean that he thinks that you are a scumbag. Its one of those things that people are never going to understand. If officers don’t write tickets, we will have Chaos within our community.

Funny you mentioned The Constitution, it was written to avoid over-indulged bullies who work for the government from taking advantage of the people. When it was written people were tired of government running into their lives.

Here is a quote from our "Forefathers", as you mentioned:

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson

05-23-2009, 08:56 PM
[quote="help me howard":xdrog7sk]The question here is that why people don’t respect the police. Here's my opinion: Media, Lawyers, and Civil Rights Groups. Back in the days, when a police officer told someone to do something, the person did it and didn't think twice. If they didn't, they would meet the back of the officer's right or left hand. Maybe even the bottom of the officer's shoes. Over the years, if a cop takes corrective measures to make sure that the hoodrat understood their instructions, its called abuse. Criminals feel they can do anything they want and then their lawyer will get them out of it. Our forefathers are probably rolling in their graves knowing that the same constitution that they wrote to protect the people have been manipulated and twisted around to help get scumbags out of trouble.

Funny you mentioned The Constitution, it was written to avoid over-indulged bullies who work for the government from taking advantage of the people. When it was written people were tired of government running into their lives.

Here is a quote from our "Forefathers", as you mentioned:

Thomas Jefferson[/quote:xdrog7sk]

Dont worry....Obama will fix everything

05-24-2009, 05:13 AM
Thomas Jefferson said that and in his time there was slavery and people had minimal rights.

05-25-2009, 01:08 PM
Our forefathers are probably rolling in their graves knowing that the same constitution that they wrote to protect the people have been manipulated and twisted around to help get scumbags out of trouble.
What do you consider a scumbag, someone who does not abide by "your" laws? Someone who speeds 7 miles over the speed limit?
Someone who expressed their opinion about their hired public servants, government? I am curious to who why you think the second amendment was written? Read it in detail!

05-26-2009, 11:25 PM
Our forefathers are probably rolling in their graves knowing that the same constitution that they wrote to protect the people have been manipulated and twisted around to help get scumbags out of trouble.
What do you consider a scumbag, someone who does not abide by "your" laws? Someone who speeds 7 miles over the speed limit?
Someone who expressed their opinion about their hired public servants, government? I am curious to who why you think the second amendment was written? Read it in detail!

Fundamentally, the constitution is a strong document that has surpassed the test of time. It however, is not a perfect document, and the forefathers knew this. That is why they allowed amendments to the constitution. Now, unfortunately, many abuse this and also bend the definitions to acquire an ends to their "evil" means.

NONE of that has anything to do with the 7mph speeder. Unless of course, the FLORIDA legislators change the speed law. The bottom line is that your "girlfriend" was speeding, got a ticket and you are upset about it. So you come on this site to vent your frustations. Good for you....freedom of speech is one of those rights in the constitution. So keep the arguments coming friend....Enjoy!

05-28-2009, 09:02 PM

I have a simple solution to your problem...if you can't afford a ticket, don't break the law!

Without regard to the state of the economy my family absolutely deserves protection from dangerous drivers. If you are angry because you or someone you know got a ticket, too bad. If you choose to disregard the safety of others including me and my family by breaking traffic laws, then accept the consequences of your actions when you get caught. Don't hide behind foolish rationalizations to justify your ulterior motive.

Insurance will replace your car stereo if it gets stolen in a "high crime" area. Is your insurance carrier going to reimburse me for my young son's life if he is killed by someone speeding during this terrible recession???

More than one hundred thousand "hard working folks" are killed in traffic crashes each and every year in this country. Wise up!

05-29-2009, 02:07 PM

I have a simple solution to your problem...if you can't afford a ticket, don't break the law!

Without regard to the state of the economy my family absolutely deserves protection from dangerous drivers. If you are angry because you or someone you know got a ticket, too bad. If you choose to disregard the safety of others including me and my family by breaking traffic laws, then accept the consequences of your actions when you get caught. Don't hide behind foolish rationalizations to justify your ulterior motive.

Insurance will replace your car stereo if it gets stolen in a "high crime" area. Is your insurance carrier going to reimburse me for my young son's life if he is killed by someone speeding during this terrible recession???

More than one hundred thousand "hard working folks" are killed in traffic crashes each and every year in this country. Wise up!

You want to talk about dangerous driving, how many POLICE involved accidents are there? How often do cops speed? And don't give me the BS that you are trained in high speed pursuit and all that non-sense..... your driving range is in BCC, there is no high speed there, a water track, and some other BS scenarios.
I doubt 7 miles over the speed limit is dangerous to your children, but high speed police pursuits are! Obviously if in a school zone or residential neighborhood where kids are at play or crossing streets, then I can see something like that, but in a 35, doing 42? Use common sense!
We all have to face the consequences when we get caught doing something wrong. Isn't parking on grass still a city violation, cops do it all the time. Your police policy described the speed you are allowed to drive over the speed limit when responding to calls, and states that during all other times you must follow the speed limit, yet you violate that all the time!

05-29-2009, 06:01 PM
I don't know, sir, just how many police involved accidents are there? And what exactly does that have to do with your girlfriend speeding?

No one ought to drive above the speed limit. Period. If you see a police cruiser speeding then I suggest that you take down the car number and call the agency to report the violation, but don't point to that as a way to shift focus away from what your girlfriend is doing. Seven miles an hour over the limit can, under the right set of circumstances, be dangerous and it is absolutely illegal so it seems to me that your girlfriend definitely deserved the ticket. You don't even contest the accusation, in fact. Take responsibility for your own actions and let others take responsibility for theirs, I say.

The best way to avoid having to pay for a ticket that the economy makes it difficult for you to afford is to obey the traffic laws.

05-29-2009, 06:06 PM
We all have to face the consequences when we get caught doing something wrong.

Bingo!

Your girlfriend got caught and had to face the consequences, so quit whining about the bad economy, police officers speeding and parking on the grass and all of the other irrelevant nonsense and heed your own sound advice.