PDA

View Full Version : Hiring

05-09-2009, 12:04 AM
Is this department hiring anytime soon? And how about sweetwater?

05-13-2009, 04:19 AM
I want to know the same thing. FIUPD officers, can you provide the following:

What is the starting salary, what are the benefits, I hope a swim test is not involved, do you have take home cars? What type of gripes do you have with the job? Is it really that bad?
What types of investigations do you typically conduct (Ive worked in a municipality and the state, I dont know much about University PDs).

I need good solid info please. I cant find this information on your website.

05-13-2009, 02:59 PM
At this moment we are not hiring, check in a couple of month. Starting salary are in the low 40's, FRS retirement, 4/10 schedule, no swimming test required, no take home, trying to get mutual aid so we can get off duties, investigations are done on burglaries to dorms, veh theft, and sex crimes, just like any other city but in a smaller scale. :cop:

05-13-2009, 11:18 PM
Thank you kindly for the information.

At this moment we are not hiring, check in a couple of month. Starting salary are in the low 40's, FRS retirement, 4/10 schedule, no swimming test required, no take home, trying to get mutual aid so we can get off duties, investigations are done on burglaries to dorms, veh theft, and sex crimes, just like any other city but in a smaller scale. :cop:

07-20-2009, 09:43 PM
FIU commander, any news on the hiring yet?

goodcop43
07-21-2009, 05:06 AM

We just held interviews and I believe they have a candidate in place to process him/her. It depends on your age also now from what I've heard. There is a rumor that if you are under 25 years of age or something like that they will not hire you. Yea it's just a rumor but that was said from a lot of people that love to open their mouths in another campus. So if you are over 25 or so, you should be good. Or just tell them you don't want to do any work and that might change their minds.

07-21-2009, 12:16 PM

We just held interviews and I believe they have a candidate in place to process him/her. It depends on your age also now from what I've heard. There is a rumor that if you are under 25 years of age or something like that they will not hire you. Yea it's just a rumor but that was said from a lot of people that love to open their mouths in another campus. So if you are over 25 or so, you should be good. Or just tell them you don't want to do any work and that might change their minds.
What the hell is that last sentence supposed to mean, you sunuva***** little white worm??!!
Dont like it here?
THEN QUIT!!!

goodcop43
07-21-2009, 07:09 PM

What the hell is that last sentence supposed to mean, you sunuva***** little white worm??!!
Dont like it here?
THEN QUIT!!!

Its simple, read it a couple more times and you'll understand you illiterate rat.

07-22-2009, 10:07 PM
Thank god no more young ones.

07-23-2009, 07:42 AM
Thank god no more young ones.

Yea we should get more wanna be cops that can't walk or run after subjects when they commit a 27 or their at the range. There should be a weight restriction for all fat cops and especially sgts. More fat old cops please!!

WhipLash
08-02-2009, 01:20 PM
Well thats why he left North Miami. Everyone that I have talked to from North Miami said how he is a piece of crap and were happy to get rid of him.

goodcop43
08-04-2009, 03:59 PM
Well thats why he left North Miami. Everyone that I have talked to from North Miami said how he is a piece of crap and were happy to get rid of him.

Correction on that, North Miami Beach. I hear the same thing all the time when I speak to people that work/worked there. What a coincidence....

08-05-2009, 10:27 PM
Thats funny as I worked with stewart at NMB and I am still working here at NMB, and all the Officers I know had nothing but respect for Stewart as he was a hard working Officer who took care of his zone and was always among the leader in Stats. Officer Stewart always spoke up as a IUPA rep and constantly battled the administration.

If he was so bad why is it when one of your trolls came onto our NMB site inquiring about him not a single person bashed him, you know why, because we do real police work at NMB and Stewart was a hard worker and he was always there when you needed him. I am sure in a months time he did more police work then you will ever do in your career at FIU, now please can you come give me a jump or open a classroom door you loser.

08-06-2009, 05:02 AM
Thats funny as I worked with stewart at NMB and I am still working here at NMB, and all the Officers I know had nothing but respect for Stewart as he was a hard working Officer who took care of his zone and was always among the leader in Stats. Officer Stewart always spoke up as a IUPA rep and constantly battled the administration.

If he was so bad why is it when one of your trolls came onto our NMB site inquiring about him not a single person bashed him, you know why, because we do real police work at NMB and Stewart was a hard worker and he was always there when you needed him. I am sure in a months time he did more police work then you will ever do in your career at FIU, now please can you come give me a jump or open a classroom door you loser.

hey stewart, u don't have to come on here and pose as an NMB officer and give urself praise. the person u just described is the exact opposite of what u've done in ur time at fiu. if in ur mind u actually believe u were a straightshooting badass, then why don't u step up and show some of that here. and as for battling the administration, hah, thats funny. more like blowing the administration.

urs truly,
the ugly truth

08-06-2009, 05:04 AM

hey stewart, u don't have to come on here and pose as an NMB officer and give urself praise. the person u just described is the exact opposite of what u've done in ur time at fiu. if in ur mind u actually believe u were a straightshooting badass, then why don't u step up and show some of that here. and as for battling the administration, hah, thats funny. more like blowing the administration.

urs truly,
the ugly truth

08-06-2009, 05:07 AM

urs truly,
the ugly truth

08-11-2009, 02:32 AM
so any hiring soon or what?