PDA

View Full Version : Just Say No To PBA Kool-Aide!

05-07-2009, 08:10 AM
To my brothers and sisters in green, I can't believe what I'm reading in the NewsPress about you guys wanting to become members of the Professional Bowler's Association union! You guys are absolutely crazy if you decide to join this union. I'm all for supporting your effort to become unionized, but your joining the wrong union. Pendergrass is the worst union president we have had in a long time at FMPD. This guy isn't going to do anything for you ,unless there's some type of financial gain for himself. Do you really think Cecil is going to fight for you against Sheriff Scott. Scott and Pendergrass are buddies, who hang out together at Republican luncheons, and fundraising golf tournaments. Here are some of the facts about the PBA: 1) our union board has three Sgts on it there's only five titled positions on the board, no street cops allowed. They refuse to put their positions up for a vote, even though 80% of the officers that work here now never voted for these members to be on the board. Do you think a Union board made up of three supervisor's are going to put their neck on the line against the Chief for the average Joe and Jane street cop? 2) Cecil's been president since 2004 , his term was supposed to be up in 2008 ,and due to his retirement, his spot was to be open for a new vote. Cecil however conducted some back handed deal with the higher ups of the PBA in Tallahassee , which allowed him to extend his rule until 2012! Sounds like Communism to me? Cecil's been challenged on this web-site to place all union positions up for a new vote, but refuses to do it , because he knows he will lose! 3)During the 2004 elections if word got out that you were going to vote for someone other than Cecil, mysteriously many members were not mailed a ballot to vote in the election. The second part of this is that the ballots were counted in Tallahassee and the only members allowed to witness the ballot counting were members that voted for Cecil. 4) Listen all this crap the Ferrante's were doing to you guys, happens here on a weekly basis and is never challenged by the PBA. The bottom line is whether you have a union or not, if your not in the good old boy network, Sheriff Scott or in our case Chief Baker is going to fire you if they can pin the smallest little policy violation on you. Your chances at winning the lottery are higher than you keeping your job. The Chief and his GOB's here at FMPD remove cops from specialty units, and place them back to the road with no legitimate reasoning all the time. The PBA does nothing about it! The "Guest" asked about bad experiences with the PBA, where do I start? This is a list of what bad PBA union representation does for FMPD officers?

Dental insurance doubled in cost, Health insurance tripled in cost, we wear outdated vests, still wearing polyester uniforms, officers drive 2001 Crown Vic's with over 120.000 miles, some have no shotguns in the patrol cars, pay for your own duty boots, some cops have to work without lap tops, we're going to have two citizens review boards,over the last 4 years street cops got 3% raises , while Sgt's to chief received 10% to 17% raises, one Lt. and three Sgts to oversee seven patrol units during a 12 hour shift, 80 hour work week rule,if you work over time during the eighty hour work week and have to use a comp day for a unforeseen family emergency all your overtime is considered straight time, lateral movement within the department limited, education requirements for us ,but the chief has some of his administration working right now with nothing more than a high school diploma, anonymous complaints all turn into I.A.'s without no repercussion for false accusations , a mayor and city manager who want to turn our pension into a 401K plan, and I can go on and on. You guys need to do real research before joining this union, ask yourself why so many of our officers go to LCSO . Listen if our union is so great, we welcome deputy's to come on over and apply with us. We have 40 spots open , and there's a reason for it .( LEFT OVER BAD MANAGEMENT FROM THE HILTON DAYS & A BAD UNION) I personally would head for the FOP if your going to join any union. My view's on this post represent many experiences dealing with the PBA, and I and all the other FMPD officers have more to gain than lose by LCSO deputies joining the PBA. FMPD street cops would join the FOP tomorrow , if they were confident the GOB's at FMPD wouldn't try dirty techniques to fire them. I wish all of the deputies a lot of luck, and hope you select a union that best fits your desire for fair and just representation against corrupt upper management.

05-07-2009, 10:22 PM
Well said!!!!! You speak absolutelt the TRUTH. Things have changed over the years----yeah right. The only thing thats changed are the faces. The same things are being done today as they were 20 + years ago. They just dont seem to care about how blatantly they do it now.

There was some sort of loyalty to this agency, to the profession but that has all gone out the window. Now the attitude is "whats the best way for me to get ahead", be it schmoozing the Brass, taking them fishing, doing woodwork, playing sports, or getting free food donated for functions,

What happened to working hard to get where you wanted? Not so long ago, several of the Command Staff was ridiculed or on "the outs". Now that they are in their current positions, they seem to have forgotten where they came from. Dougy Boy what happened to you--there was a time that your word was worth its weight. If you said it, you stood behind it.

Come on now--some of the decisions came out of right field like the people YOU promoted. Where does that leave everyone else? There are rumors about the newly promoted--they say some are total airheads while others are doing well. Is that part of your 1,3, and 5 year plan? What will you do, turn a blind eye. You cant do that forever. People can only hide for so long before they are discovered for the @$$e$ they really are.

Seems to me like you took this "minority" thing a bit too far but I am not the one in charge. You put people there, you live with it. To think it all started with one group of people getting together to make a change. Bet you didnt expect this, did you WILLIE.

05-09-2009, 03:15 AM
Are You Kidding ME, the department still has that many openings???? I was led to believe that all was well as far as staffing was concerned. What does it take to get a job there?

05-09-2009, 04:44 PM
Are You Kidding ME, the department still has that many openings???? I was led to believe that all was well as far as staffing was concerned. What does it take to get a job there?

Tell you what it doesnt take---HARD Work. It takes everything but that. And dont ever go against the ADMIN, because you will definitely end up on the SH!^ list, and believe me they wont ever forget.

Best ways to get a job/move up at FMPD
1. Get a boat and take EL JEFE (D,Baker) out
2. Build some frame/plaque out of wood
3. Do nothing entire career
4. Get food donated for FMPD
5. Get accused of cheating agency out of time worked
6. Get close with DUNBAR community
7. Accuse other officers of sexually inappropriate comments, but dont follow the same advice
9. Get a group of minority Officers together and threaten to sue Agency

BUT never EVER do a days work in your career because then you are done for. Aint that right Dougy BOY?

Next few months should be interesting with promotional exams coming up. Let the butt kissing begin!!!! :devil: :devil: :devil:

05-09-2009, 05:44 PM
Man, stop the crying!!1 What is up wit you 40cent. Seems like you are unhappy with your job! Why dont you just leave the agency if you are so unhappy?????? An experienced officer like yourself, would be heavily compensated at another agency (you know i am full of b.s. when i said that). If you have problems with YOUR BOSS, then leave. I dont know what we would do without 40cent. How would we survive as an agency? where would we go?? Crininals would go crazy, without 40cent.

AS ALWAYS. YOU KNOW WHO!!!

05-10-2009, 02:16 AM
I would give anything to work for the department, unfortuneatly I was DQ"d for failure of non disclosure after passing everything else over a 7 month period. Too bad I was 99% there, only to be rejected at the end. I would reapply in the fall, but I feel as if I would only be stopped before I even got to the review board.

05-10-2009, 02:57 AM
I would give anything to work for the department, unfortuneatly I was DQ"d for failure of non disclosure after passing everything else over a 7 month period. Too bad I was 99% there, only to be rejected at the end. I would reapply in the fall, but I feel as if I would only be stopped before I even got to the review board.

:shock:
Be willing to bet you were not a minority! :shock:

05-11-2009, 10:09 PM
Why not! I think this is a really good idea for all of your officers to have so they could be promoted. My boy Deontre who is one of the metrosexual brothas working for the Highway Patrol, thinks that this is a good idea. Stop the crying and make yourself profitable and do become a supervisor. Doug, do DUNBAR-PERSERVE citizens a favor and give this cry baby a placifer. Better yet..Keylowlow and the rest of her gurls will give this cry baby a make over. Just let me know Doug at our next convenant.

Tell you what it doesnt take---HARD Work. It takes everything but that. And dont ever go against the ADMIN, because you will definitely end up on the SH!^ list, and believe me they wont ever forget.

Best ways to get a job/move up at FMPD
1. Get a boat and take EL JEFE (D,Baker) out
2. Build some frame/plaque out of wood
3. Do nothing entire career
4. Get food donated for FMPD
5. Get accused of cheating agency out of time worked
6. Get close with DUNBAR community
7. Accuse other officers of sexually inappropriate comments, but dont follow the same advice
9. Get a group of minority Officers together and threaten to sue Agency

BUT never EVER do a days work in your career because then you are done for. Aint that right Dougy BOY?

Next few months should be interesting with promotional exams coming up. Let the butt kissing begin!!!! :devil: :devil: :devil:

05-12-2009, 10:54 PM
Why not! I think this is a really good idea for all of your officers to have so they could be promoted. My boy Deontre who is one of the metrosexual brothas working for the Highway Patrol, thinks that this is a good idea. Stop the crying and make yourself profitable and do become a supervisor. Doug, do DUNBAR-PERSERVE citizens a favor and give this cry baby a placifer. Better yet..Keylowlow and the rest of her gurls will give this cry baby a make over. Just let me know Doug at our next convenant.

Must be referring to the prettiest Sergeant==MediHO. What a sham that guy is. He pretends to be something he isn't all while following behind Lt. See no evil, hear no evil. Put as much time into actual work as you do into fixing up your hair! Let me guess, he will be the next Lt along with Prince and Doro. Let us not forget Sgt. Love Boat and the best Sergeant ever, Garrett---grow a back bone and support your squad.

05-15-2009, 11:18 AM
What's going on "Senior" glad your back on the web site ! Its always good reading a post from a cop who is not drinking the GOB Kool- Aide 24/7. You hit the nail right on the head when you talked about same old stuff , just new faces. This site needs some more of the other Just Say No to Kool Aide cops putting posts on the site. I haven't heard anything about this crap,about writing letters to the Chief ,about low stats. What do you expect from Sgt. "Don't Ask ,Don't Tell" This is how sad things have become at the So- Called Para-Military Mickey Mouse Club. The chief should be writing letters of thanks to all the street cops, for having to work under these pitiful conditions, and still performing at high levels. This place is more worried about handing out fliers to educate people on how to Dial 911, and Accreditation then taking care of its own. I read one post about someone being surprised that we still have so many openings available. The reason for it , is because the chief has to make sure he keeps his promise to the city council on his budget cuts, even if its at the cost of officer safety, and their well being. This place could have already taken care of half the positions available , by hiring cops that are already LEO certified. The pool has to be full of fish , since you read about cops being laid off all over the state. Amazingly most of those laid off cops are represented by the PBA. I 'll tell you guys exactly what's going to happen. The GOB"s are going to get probably, fifteen cops in the place, and then they'll promote five more guys to the GOB club, and then take another 10 cops off the street and place them into specialty units . The road patrol will be right back to where it started, this concept has been going on here for years, and its never going to change. It's just like the GOB Club , we get rid of Hilton, then we get Chief Baker, when 2012 comes we already have two more GOB's Foaming at the mouth ready to take over chief Baker's spot. The stars are already forming . 2012 ( WE' LL HAVE EITHER CAPTAIN I.A. OR CAPTAIN CEDRIC THE ENTERTAINER FOR CHIEF OF POLICE) Hopefully another BUY-OUT will be on the horizon! FMPD had more cops on the street in 1999 then we have now in 2009, and we're covering more area then ever before. The city council is sending paper work to the county , requesting to annex all the way south to Daniel's Parkway , and Palm Beach /Fairview to Pam Beach / I-75. Ridiculous! I hope Chief Baker is on his toes with this city council, I have a feeling Mr. City manager is going to look at the stats , and probably say something like it seems like you getting the job done with the amount of cops you have now, I don't think the city has to spend more money for more cops on the street.

I know there are a lot of retired street cops that read the web site, and I'm wondering can any you guys remember any PBA president serving eight straight consecutive years , without an election after four years? I sure as hell can't remember this ever happening before! I sometimes imagine that we're working under union president Hugo Chavez from Venezuela , at least you know up front that your vote is not going to mean any thing. It's difficult to understand , that the president of the United States has to campaign after four years in office to have another four year term, but the Professional Bowler's Association Gulf Coast Chapter President has a different set of guidelines for its presidency . Chief Baker wants to to show street cops , that he has his their best intentions in mind , he needs to look into doing some of the following . 1) we need to have a vote on whether the members of the union want Cecil in charge or resign. We can have the vote anonymous , and have the ballots counted by three active members one can be Cecil's choice, and the other two Street Cops. Let's put the Debate to an end either way , this is America still after all. 2) The same group that implemented the new design for the patrol cars, should immediately be in charge of finding a new duty uniform for patrol. Let's face it what street cop wants to be wearing Dark blue polyester in 98 degree humid heat, and then trying to stuff everything in the two front pockets of your uniform shirt. 3) Let's take a better look at these armor vests, technology is more advanced then ever, but for some reason these vests we buy are getting more bulky and heavier then ever. 4) We need to come up with some plan , like a payroll deduction plan to purchase rifles for street cops. I'm sure the department can get some type of deal for buying these rifles in bulk. Street Cops would rather have a deduction for rifle purchase, then to have money deducted from their check for police activities fund. Let's see rifle in my car , or go to a police activities fund banquet so we can watch GOB"S GIVE EACH OTHER THE K.F.C. SANDERS AWARD TO ONE ANOTHER ! 5)This place needs a cap on how many times you can put your name down on a detail sheet, and if the detail doesn't need a supervisor keep your name off the sheet . I know the GOB'S love President Obama , so I'm sure they wouldn't mind following his principle of redistribution of wealth. We must reform this detail system it's broken. 6) Let's get these old patrol cars off the fleet they're unsafe, let's try and take this take home program to higher level. 7) we have enough lap tops for everyone to have their own (SEE THE STACK OF THEM SITTING ON THE SECOND FLOOR), let's buy some more GEAC certificates. Let's get the person in charge of grants to get a little pep in their step! 7) Let's get rid of this 80 hour a week rule off the contract, 8) The Higher up GOBS have to start toning down their COMSTAT political abuse, these road Lt's are coming to briefing depressed and pissed off, this negative energy it transforming into the road Sgt's which in turn road cops have to face the wrath . Stop the petty I.A's on street cops and these new Sgt's most of them are not that bad with the exception of a few . I know Chief Baker or one of his GOB Disciples reads this web-site , this is a pathway to success, for the Chief ,PBA, and ultimately street cops! If this GOB administration is going to hang their hat on bringing accreditation as their only accomplishment while in charge , that's pathetic. The sheriff's office has been accredited for years now , how's that working out for them ? As far as Lt. WeezleNuts, and his post- dramatic Klansmen on Buckingham Rd. syndrome goes, I find it interesting that he's calling us cry babies and complainers . This coming from the Equal Opportunity Complaint Queen is laughable ! BOOH HOO their holding me back because I'm a black officer BOOH HOO ! Let's give this cry baby some CARAMEL DELIGHTS! Since we have WeezleNuts posting on the website again, maybe he can update the readers on when the next Verbal Pilates Judo class is scheduled. I'm waiting to see what the theme of the class is going to be this year! HMMMMM I'm sure its going to be full of WHITE COPS GONE BAD VIDEOS! The message is the same HEAR NO EVIL, SEE NO EVIL.

05-15-2009, 04:10 PM
40 cal for chief :devil:

05-15-2009, 06:32 PM
Lets talk about transparency? What does it mean? Is it being able to view only whats available or should it apply to all facets of this agency?

How about taking care of our troops' by responding to their needs, their wants, their desires and their goals? Lets start with our guys before we attempt to please the public. Afterall, if we have a happy department that would translate to better customer service and isnt that what you are preaching about, Dougy? You seem to be forgetting about your own back yard and are going out promsing change.

I got an idea, lets be transparent in regards to the following:

How so called lateral movements/positions are handed out to people :twisted:

The differences in so called "positive" forms of punishment when it comes to Internal Affairs investigations. How can 2 people do the same thing, but yet they are punished in different ways

Oh and lets not forget the skeletons in the Administrations closets. Are they held to a higher standard than the road patrol officer? If so, how can some of them still hold jobs and why have they been commended for their actions and promoted. :devil: :oops: :shock:

How about providing us with a defintion for law enforcement officer. Up until now, I must have been thinking about the wrong thing especially when I look back at the stuff that has gone on here. Look around. Does it mean enforcing the laws to which one has taken an oath for, or does it mean hiding, doing as little as possible or doing absolutely nothing but appeasing the Administration.

I will patiently await a response in regards to the definition and will model myself accordingly. YEAH RIGHT!!

05-15-2009, 06:41 PM
What happened to the voices of the disgruntled Officers (the ones who are now the newly promoted Supervisors)? I recall a time when some, not all, were just as pissed off about the things written about on this website in relation to this Agency.

Did Dougy Boy cut your tongue off? Oh, you dont feel that way anymore because you represent the Agency. How stripes and bars change people. You all should be bringing these issues up at the weekly Supervisors meeting and fighting for changes. If you dont agree with it, say it! Have a freaking back bone and defend your opinions.

Doug, remember this phrase "Remember where you came from and take care of those people who took care of you". There seems to be a bit of amnesia when it comes to that. Or you just have a bout of selective memory.

05-15-2009, 10:37 PM
Listen up, stop your whining! Just do your jobs and stop crying about things you cant change. By the way I will be out recruiting more officers next week, to replace you whiners. The time will come when you have to man up, or for some of you sissys, grow a pair.

BY THE WAY, STOP TALKING ABOUT MINORITIES. I KNOW ALOT OF YOU WHO HAVE "JUNGLE FEVER", SO STAY OUT OF THE HOOD!!!!

AINT BLACK/BROWN BOOTY A WONDERFUL THANG??? YES, INDEED

05-26-2009, 11:47 PM
Hey my OTHER, I'm always seeing dem boyz hanging up here in Dunbar-Preserve, foaming at the mouth when Keylowlow and her gurl walked up the strip on Ford St..modeling those apple-bottom jeans. I swear to God.. dawg.. that s*&^t upset me. I thought about pulling out my small .22. to cap that Santa Clause look a like po-po for staring at my girl. But..Nah, dawg!!that aint my thang to shoot at a po-po for some chick. S%$#t! My cuz is now serving some serious time for shooting at one of your po-po back in 2000. On a serious side, you clown-ass poes-poes do need to get back to work, and stop blaming those Uncle Tom officers for not being promoted by handsome Dougy. Hey Dougy, the people loves you here in Pelican-Dunbar no matter how you run your department. Just continuing promoting minorites, until you completely reflect the entire demographics of Fort Misery. Aight!!! The truth goes for 40_cal 666: as soon 40_cal666 gets promoted there probably be no more whining or political bashing by this character.Then you primies would then get a chance to see who is the real 40_cal666.
Listen up, stop your whining! Just do your jobs and stop crying about things you cant change. By the way I will be out recruiting more officers next week, to replace you whiners. The time will come when you have to man up, or for some of you sissys, grow a pair.

BY THE WAY, STOP TALKING ABOUT MINORITIES. I KNOW ALOT OF YOU WHO HAVE "JUNGLE FEVER", SO STAY OUT OF THE HOOD!!!!

AINT BLACK/BROWN BOOTY A WONDERFUL THANG??? YES, INDEED

05-19-2010, 09:14 PM
To my brothers and sisters in green, I can't believe what I'm reading in the NewsPress about you guys wanting to become members of the Professional Bowler's Association union! You guys are absolutely crazy if you decide to join this union. I'm all for supporting your effort to become unionized, but your joining the wrong union. Pendergrass is the worst union president we have had in a long time at FMPD. This guy isn't going to do anything for you ,unless there's some type of financial gain for himself. Do you really think Cecil is going to fight for you against Sheriff Scott. Scott and Pendergrass are buddies, who hang out together at Republican luncheons, and fundraising golf tournaments. Here are some of the facts about the PBA: 1) our union board has three Sgts on it there's only five titled positions on the board, no street cops allowed. They refuse to put their positions up for a vote, even though 80% of the officers that work here now never voted for these members to be on the board. Do you think a Union board made up of three supervisor's are going to put their neck on the line against the Chief for the average Joe and Jane street cop? 2) Cecil's been president since 2004 , his term was supposed to be up in 2008 ,and due to his retirement, his spot was to be open for a new vote. Cecil however conducted some back handed deal with the higher ups of the PBA in Tallahassee , which allowed him to extend his rule until 2012! Sounds like Communism to me? Cecil's been challenged on this web-site to place all union positions up for a new vote, but refuses to do it , because he knows he will lose! 3)During the 2004 elections if word got out that you were going to vote for someone other than Cecil, mysteriously many members were not mailed a ballot to vote in the election. The second part of this is that the ballots were counted in Tallahassee and the only members allowed to witness the ballot counting were members that voted for Cecil. 4) Listen all this crap the Ferrante's were doing to you guys, happens here on a weekly basis and is never challenged by the PBA. The bottom line is whether you have a union or not, if your not in the good old boy network, Sheriff Scott or in our case Chief Baker is going to fire you if they can pin the smallest little policy violation on you. Your chances at winning the lottery are higher than you keeping your job. The Chief and his GOB's here at FMPD remove cops from specialty units, and place them back to the road with no legitimate reasoning all the time. The PBA does nothing about it! The "Guest" asked about bad experiences with the PBA, where do I start? This is a list of what bad PBA union representation does for FMPD officers?

Dental insurance doubled in cost, Health insurance tripled in cost, we wear outdated vests, still wearing polyester uniforms, officers drive 2001 Crown Vic's with over 120.000 miles, some have no shotguns in the patrol cars, pay for your own duty boots, some cops have to work without lap tops, we're going to have two citizens review boards,over the last 4 years street cops got 3% raises , while Sgt's to chief received 10% to 17% raises, one Lt. and three Sgts to oversee seven patrol units during a 12 hour shift, 80 hour work week rule,if you work over time during the eighty hour work week and have to use a comp day for a unforeseen family emergency all your overtime is considered straight time, lateral movement within the department limited, education requirements for us ,but the chief has some of his administration working right now with nothing more than a high school diploma, anonymous complaints all turn into I.A.'s without no repercussion for false accusations , a mayor and city manager who want to turn our pension into a 401K plan, and I can go on and on. You guys need to do real research before joining this union, ask yourself why so many of our officers go to LCSO . Listen if our union is so great, we welcome deputy's to come on over and apply with us. We have 40 spots open , and there's a reason for it .( LEFT OVER BAD MANAGEMENT FROM THE HILTON DAYS & A BAD UNION) I personally would head for the FOP if your going to join any union. My view's on this post represent many experiences dealing with the PBA, and I and all the other FMPD officers have more to gain than lose by LCSO deputies joining the PBA. FMPD street cops would join the FOP tomorrow , if they were confident the GOB's at FMPD wouldn't try dirty techniques to fire them. I wish all of the deputies a lot of luck, and hope you select a union that best fits your desire for fair and just representation against corrupt upper management.40cal_666 THANK YOU 40 cal :devil:

05-20-2010, 01:30 PM
40 cent you have alot of good points and views, which are doing you know f-ing good posting them on this site. How about growing a pair of balls and taking them to the third floor or across the street. What is the worst that can happen "they tell you no". As far as PBA president goes, he got re-elected because know one ran agaisnt him in 2008. You should do your homework before you bring up topics. Also I agree with the fact that some of the promotions should of never happened and alot of current supervisors now a days are only out for themselves and not looking out for what is bests for the people that work for them or the department in general. 40 cent I think your heart is in the right place but you are letting you anger take over. I think you are a senior officer with alot of frustration, but if you think things are better any palce else you are sadly mistaken but feel free to try somewhere else it might do you and the ageny some good. Now go take you medication and relax.

05-20-2010, 05:09 PM
All the third floor can do is say no!!! that is not true, I have been around long enough to see punitive retribution against officers by admin. If you are in a specialty-back to the road midnight shift, training request- denied budget concerns, vacation or time off- denied manpower concerns, performance review- mostly 2's, hostile work conditions- most likely, assigned to every bad call or assignment-guaranteed. Be honest with yourselves, if you rock the boat or voice any opinion that conflicts with admin. you will feel the wrath because people allow their feelings and emotions dictate their management style instead of professionalism.this happens when you promote junior officers who do not have the work or life experience or maturity to effectively lead people.

05-20-2010, 07:33 PM
Give backs ? And now they going to want more after we agree to cut cut cut cut! Majors cuts yes folks it is the older officers trying to do the right thing for the new hires and save their jobs. I hope the city does not back stab them ,time will tell. Good luck and vote for what is right for you and your family.

05-21-2010, 11:04 AM
We need to do what is right for the safety of all of us. We need to vote yes and keep everyone here. Do any of think that the crime rate is going to change if we vote know and the City ends up laying of Officers. We need to take care of each other and the way to do that is to keep everyone here.

05-21-2010, 02:07 PM
Even if we do vote yes, the City Council isn't going to guarantee there won't be any lay-offs.

05-21-2010, 03:00 PM
If we vote yno then there will be layoffs and pay cuts, what is worse. I am telling all of you if we vote no we will lose 30 plus officer's. that will go back 3 years. So all you Officers doing your CPC, Detective, Sig stuff get ready to go back to the road with no back up. The ones who stay as Det. and Sig get ready for double the work load. I am willing to bet if we vote yes the only things that will happen are the ones that have been brought out already. Voting yno will screw us worse. Do not listen to the guys who are telling you to vote no they are only thinking of themselves like Langton tune that dip S^&T out.

05-21-2010, 04:50 PM
ok so than why wont the city agree to putting in there they wont lay anyone off????

Wont you all feel like idiots if you vote yes, contract passes, and all of a sudden they lay off 10 people?

Lets focus on spending. Yes the 100k STATUE were getting in centenial park is grant funded, but read the fine print, the 100K statue is grant funded, but its going to cost the city out of their pocket 78K to prepare the area for it. UNNEEDED FUNDED.

Tour the downtown parking garage. Theres two floors of city vehicles, theres a few ford explorers up there with in dash GPS, leather seats. Unneeded spending.

Lets focus on the fact that the city can make cuts elsewhere, and leave us alone.

05-21-2010, 09:14 PM
40 cent you have alot of good points and views, which are doing you know f-ing good posting them on this site. How about growing a pair of balls and taking them to the third floor or across the street. What is the worst that can happen "they tell you no". As far as PBA president goes, he got re-elected because know one ran agaisnt him in 2008. You should do your homework before you bring up topics. Also I agree with the fact that some of the promotions should of never happened and alot of current supervisors now a days are only out for themselves and not looking out for what is bests for the people that work for them or the department in general. 40 cent I think your heart is in the right place but you are letting you anger take over. I think you are a senior officer with alot of frustration, but if you think things are better any palce else you are sadly mistaken but feel free to try somewhere else it might do you and the ageny some good. Now go take you medication and relax.

sgt no mind shut your LARC azz up, reach into the medicine cabinet and take your prescribed dosages, CECIL never nor the PBA never announced or made it public that his position was up for re- election the corruption continues, just like the old days when you and I first started...THANK YOU VERY MUCH

05-23-2010, 03:55 AM
Sgt. Leach,Sgt Prince, Sgt Medico, Detective Langton, Officer Beiner, Officer Walsh and Officer McCormick you should all resign and hang your heads in shame for what you have done to this agency. How many officers have to suffer until you pull your heads out of the sand. Yes, city council can impose their decision on our agency, but it is your obligation to fight and represent US. You need to get in the trenches and fight, bring up the wasteful spending, slap them in the face and demand we be heard. Are you police or city negotiators? We agree to go to impasse one day and then decide to let the membership vote the next instead of waiting to see actual tax numbers and a judge review our side. Shame on you and remember, Karma is a *****.

Everyone else, unless you decide to leave soon, remember the last contract they scared you into voting YES for; 12 hr shifts, no overtime if you call in sick and no 12 hour accrual pay or comp raises although that is what we now work.

NO
NO
NO
NO MORE.

05-23-2010, 06:19 PM
are the captains taking a pay cut?????????????????

05-23-2010, 09:17 PM
Don't you people realize that the Union wants to get us as much as possible, but the city is in complete control. When times are good they give to us, and when times are bad they take from us. We have absolutely no control over how they spend their money. We all know they waste money with stupid projects, and this money could be used to take care of cops. We are the ones that bleed and sweat for this city, and deserve to be compensated. However, we are in damage control mode right now and are doing what we can to save jobs and keep a decent wage. The city officials will not allow us to tell them how to do their jobs and how to spend their money. Impasse is meaningless because it is non binding arbitration, and the council can do what they want. Believe me, the council will do what they want when there is a budget deficit. We shouldn't have to take cuts, but it will happen. I am sure that the vote will be No, and then everyone will see how council will take our pay, cafeteria plan, 20 officers, and mess with the pension. If you don't like what the union is doing, go ahead and vote Jesus Ramos and Joe Siracuse as your representatives and see what happens.

05-23-2010, 09:23 PM
Don't you people realize that the Union wants to get us as much as possible, but the city is in complete control. When times are good they give to us, and when times are bad they take from us. We have absolutely no control over how they spend their money. We all know they waste money with stupid projects, and this money could be used to take care of cops. We are the ones that bleed and sweat for this city, and deserve to be compensated. However, we are in damage control mode right now and are doing what we can to save jobs and keep a decent wage. The city officials will not allow us to tell them how to do their jobs and how to spend their money. Impasse is meaningless because it is non binding arbitration, and the council can do what they want. Believe me, the council will do what they want when there is a budget deficit. We shouldn't have to take cuts, but it will happen. I am sure that the vote will be No, and then everyone will see how council will take our pay, cafeteria plan, 20 officers, and mess with the pension. If you don't like what the union is doing, go ahead and vote Jesus Ramos and Joe Siracuse as your representatives and see what happens. I think the city management is hiding the real numbers from eberyone and this is uh complete SCAM :snicker:

05-24-2010, 08:13 PM
40 cent you have alot of good points and views, which are doing you know f-ing good posting them on this site. How about growing a pair of balls and taking them to the third floor or across the street. What is the worst that can happen "they tell you no". As far as PBA president goes, he got re-elected because know one ran agaisnt him in 2008. You should do your homework before you bring up topics. Also I agree with the fact that some of the promotions should of never happened and alot of current supervisors now a days are only out for themselves and not looking out for what is bests for the people that work for them or the department in general. 40 cent I think your heart is in the right place but you are letting you anger take over. I think you are a senior officer with alot of frustration, but if you think things are better any palce else you are sadly mistaken but feel free to try somewhere else it might do you and the ageny some good. Now go take you medication and relax

AH HA HA HA HA HAHAHAHAHA :devil:

05-24-2010, 09:36 PM
It is so true, know matter what happens with the pending contract the City will still do what they want and you union has no way of stopping them. You new officers who have no idea how this works need to listen and pay attention. This is not New York or Boston it is GOB Ft. Myers and people in control have no idea about Police work. The union contract is not binding which means for the dumb ones the City Can DO Want They Want. Vote it down and see what they take next believe me they will take more. Just do not forget that it will all be back on the table again soon because when the contract is signed it only lasts until Sept. 2011 and it all starts again. Think about what is best for everyone involved not just yourself. I know that more so then not that is hard for alot of you self centered A$$es to do but try. The cops now a days all about themselves and sucks but it so true and you are the ones that give Police Work a bad name.

05-25-2010, 12:02 AM
It is so true, know matter what happens with the pending contract the City will still do what they want and you union has no way of stopping them. You new officers who have no idea how this works need to listen and pay attention. This is not New York or Boston it is GOB Ft. Myers and people in control have no idea about Police work. The union contract is not binding which means for the dumb ones the City Can DO Want They Want. Vote it down and see what they take next believe me they will take more. Just do not forget that it will all be back on the table again soon because when the contract is signed it only lasts until Sept. 2011 and it all starts again. Think about what is best for everyone involved not just yourself. I know that more so then not that is hard for alot of you self centered A$$es to do but try. The cops now a days all about themselves and sucks but it so true and you are the ones that give Police Work a bad name.

Senior officer huh? You are the reason our union has no backbone, you should go work for the county and spew your "do what the admin needs" speech. Go screw, and I wish Siracuse or Ramos were representatives, they would at least have an honest opinion and thought that was there own. It's a THREE year contract jackass, with NO raise or COLA in THREE years, learn to read and swim against the stream every now and again. I hope the admin does a Jonestown so sheep like you leave.

05-25-2010, 12:38 AM
Senior officer huh? You are the reason our union has no backbone, you should go work for the county and spew your "do what the admin needs" speech. Go screw, and I wish Siracuse or Ramos were representatives, they would at least have an honest opinion and thought that was there own. It's a THREE year contract jackarse, with NO raise or COLA in THREE years, learn to read and swim against the stream every now and again. I hope the admin does a Jonestown so sheep like you leave.

I am pretty sure SENIOR OFFICER once worked for the county and was FIRED..he still has not learned his LESSON :evil:

05-25-2010, 01:56 AM
Don't you people realize that the Union means absolutely nothing to the City. This is not a strong union state, and all the union does is provide legal counsel, golf tournaments for gym equipment, and representation for investigations. We cannot strong arm the city into doing anything. We must be diplomatic and attempt to minimize losses. They are still upset that we took a 3 percent pay raise last year, when everyone else was facing cutbacks. Karma is a b@tch folks. Go ahead and put Jesus Ramos in front of the council, and let him make a fool out of himself and others. What you people don't realize is that we are powerless against Council, and letting people like Ramos and Siracuse to tell them to go "F' themselves will only result in a 10 percent pay cut. People have lost their jobs, and more will continue to do so. None of us want to lose anything, but we must be realistic. Sure, if Ramos and Siracuse have their way and the Union strongarms the City we will lift them on our shoulders and parade them down Widman Way. However, that is Candyland and Chutes and Ladders. In reality, we will all walk away shaking our heads saying "Why did we listen to them. We should have taken the deal". I appreciate us fighting for our rights and what we deserve, but ultimately this is a losing battle. We have ZERO power over how the council votes. Talk to Cecil. He has already spoken to Council and if this is the best deal the Union thinks it can get, then most likely it is the best deal we can get. Think with our heads, and realize the entire situation. We can't strike, and we have no power in this situation. Let's play nice and wait for better times. We will still have our pension in line, and will keep that out of Council's hands. Be smart people.

05-25-2010, 02:45 AM
TAMPA-PBA
Our Step Plan and Being Fair By Senior Vice President Jimmy Meier
Good day fellow PBA members. Today I
want to discuss the Impasse Hearing that
was held on December 2nd at City
Council chambers at City Hall. I was very
proud that 300 to 400 officers came to city
council to show support for our Step Plan.
It was nice to see the panic in the eyes of
the city clerk when she saw the vast number
of officers. She called the Fire Marshal to try to clear the
room. I saw the city hall officials and I saw it in their eyes that
they were intimated by this large showing of officers. You
could hear it in their voices when they were telling their exaggerated
and inflated numbers to the city council members.
City Hall made a tactical error when it did this to the
Tampa Police and Fire Departments. The city now has to
deal with a united voice between these two public safety
departments. The officers who were at the hearing and the
others who could not attend due to job requirements are now
saying “us” and are no longer saying “me, me, me.”
Ultimately, this might be a larger victory, a union is only as
strong as its members. What I saw on December 2nd told
me that we are a strong union.
Be sure to tell your friends and family who on the City of
Tampa City Council had your back and who did not. City
Councilman Joseph Caetano understood the numbers and
could see through the smoke and mirrors that City Hall put up
and he had your back. Councilwoman Mary Mulhern did
not attend; she said that she and her child were ill. The other
council members who chose not
to listen to the truth and be buffaloed
by City Hall are as
follows: Gwen Mill, Thomas
Scott, Linda Saul-Sena,
Charlie Miranda and John
Dingfelder. These names should
be burned into your memory—
they are not to be trusted.
Remember when Director of
Human Resources Kimberly
Crum was at the podium and trying
to explain that it would not be
fair to give any officer a step
increase and that if anyone got a
step increase since October 1st,
those officers need to be rolled
back to their previous step and
they need to pay back money.
These City Hall officials keep
repeating that it would not be fair
if some people got a step and others do not. According to a
July 17th response to a public records request, these fairminded
people are just barely getting by on the following
salaries: Finance Director Bonnie Wise $160,659; City
Attorney “Chip” Fletcher $158,372; Chief of Staff Darrell
Smith $153,005; Director of Human Resources Kimberly
Crum $132,163. Their views are typical of these so-called
leaders. They talk about the layoffs in their departments, but
do they do anything in a personal way to help those employees?
Absolutely not!
On a completely different note, I am retiring from the
Tampa Police Department and leaving the Tampa Police
Benevolent Association on January 7th, 2010. I have been
with the department a little over 24 years. I could not have
worked with a finer group of officers than the ones here at
this department. I have had the opportunity to see and work
with officers from other agencies from around the country.
The officers here are head and shoulders above those officers.
To those supervisors here at the Department, please do
not forget your roots. The officers in the patrol division are
the backbone of the department. Like any structure, if it gets
too stressed, the structure becomes weakened and fractured.
Detective Rick Cochran will be taking my spot here at
the office. I can assure you that this union will be stronger
in the future and that is mostly due to you, the valuable
members of the Tampa PBA.
KIB 459, I am outta here.
Citizen Jimmy Meier

WE all need to unite like TAMPA did :cop:

05-25-2010, 11:21 AM
Don't you people realize that the Union means absolutely nothing to the City. This is not a strong union state, and all the union does is provide legal counsel, golf tournaments for gym equipment, and representation for investigations. We cannot strong arm the city into doing anything. We must be diplomatic and attempt to minimize losses. They are still upset that we took a 3 percent pay raise last year, when everyone else was facing cutbacks. Karma is a b@tch folks. Go ahead and put Jesus Ramos in front of the council, and let him make a fool out of himself and others. What you people don't realize is that we are powerless against Council, and letting people like Ramos and Siracuse to tell them to go "F' themselves will only result in a 10 percent pay cut. People have lost their jobs, and more will continue to do so. None of us want to lose anything, but we must be realistic. Sure, if Ramos and Siracuse have their way and the Union strongarms the City we will lift them on our shoulders and parade them down Widman Way. However, that is Candyland and Chutes and Ladders. In reality, we will all walk away shaking our heads saying "Why did we listen to them. We should have taken the deal". I appreciate us fighting for our rights and what we deserve, but ultimately this is a losing battle. We have ZERO power over how the council votes. Talk to Cecil. He has already spoken to Council and if this is the best deal the Union thinks it can get, then most likely it is the best deal we can get. Think with our heads, and realize the entire situation. We can't strike, and we have no power in this situation. Let's play nice and wait for better times. We will still have our pension in line, and will keep that out of Council's hands. Be smart people.

Whatever, you will always lose with this type of attitude. With your thinking why do we need a union? Oh, thats right for golf tournaments and representation? They are not even there for representation. We should just have no union and go take our collective sorry-asses and plead for money every year to city council.

I bet you make a hell of a bookshelf. Grow a set for once.

05-25-2010, 07:22 PM

let's just get rid of all unions= as you say we are not a union state so vote NO on the contract and stop paying dues

05-25-2010, 08:26 PM
You can stop paying whenever you want jack A$$ but when you get your ass in a bind you will be wishing you still were paying your dues.

05-25-2010, 11:31 PM
You can stop paying whenever you want jack A$$ but when you get your ass in a bind you will be wishing you still were paying your dues.

ok SARGE thanks, for the advice, keep on preaching **just say YES** :snicker:

06-01-2010, 09:25 PM
If we vote yno then there will be layoffs and pay cuts, what is worse. I am telling all of you if we vote no we will lose 30 plus officer's. that will go back 3 years. So all you Officers doing your CPC, Detective, Sig stuff get ready to go back to the road with no back up. The ones who stay as Det. and Sig get ready for double the work load. I am willing to bet if we vote yes the only things that will happen are the ones that have been brought out already. Voting yno will screw us worse. Do not listen to the guys who are telling you to vote no they are only thinking of themselves like Langton tune that dip S^&T out.

Man I really doubt that you are a senior guy. If anything you are probably a rookie or even worse, one of the female pba board members. I forgot her name but she is 5'6 and drinks plenty of kaid

06-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Why would anyone vote yes? The city is broke,but they want to spend 19 millon dollars on a ditch for the down town business area. How much more money are they going spend on that waste land. They are going to lay off cops no matter what. So why would you just give up everything you and the officers of the past worked for. Wake up the city is going to use you.

06-03-2010, 12:16 AM
Boy there are alot of dumb a$$e$$ working here now. WTF you idiots do not understand is you can not strong arm the City, it does not work. Been tried and the PD got slapped right in the face. I guess we could do a blue flu for a week or so and see what happens then. But most of you loud mouth dip Sh^ts would be too scared too do it. So all you punks that have no idea what you are talking about shut the hell up. Ramos are you f-ing kinding me. If a council person yelled at him he would piss his pants. Cuse is from the north where unions are strong and can bargin strongly. But this is FMPD in the south people just ease up and wait it out.

06-03-2010, 01:08 AM
Guest on 06/02/10 20:16:12

Boy there are alot of dumb a$$e$$ working here now. WTF you idiots do not understand is you can not strong arm the City, it does not work. Been tried and the PD got slapped right in the face. I guess we could do a blue flu for a week or so and see what happens then. But most of you loud mouth dip Sh^ts would be too scared too do it. So all you punks that have no idea what you are talking about shut the hell up. Ramos are you f-ing kinding me. If a council person yelled at him he would piss his pants. Cuse is from the north where unions are strong and can bargin strongly. But this is FMPD in the south people just ease up and wait it out.

GUEST you are a puzzy azz sgt!! go back to the 3rd floor and pour yourself another glass full :devil:

06-04-2010, 08:25 PM

I dont think they are trying to strong the city. Remember that the city has always found money when it was needed. So to say that the city is broke is b.s. To me the biggest thing is the pay cut I hate to say it but even if they cut our pay they will still cut officers. Look what happened last year with fmfd! And you are telling me that we have to believe and trust in the city. He*l no! not me! Never.
The only reason some of the senior guys want to vote yes is because of the cola. If it werent for that they would not give a damn about middle guys or rookies.

06-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Why are there so many individuals upset with Siracuse and Ramos? How come nobody comments on the multiple Supervisors pushing their squads to vote "YES" for the contract. What is the difference? Isn't everyone entitled to their own opinion. :?:

I believe that the Supervisors have more of a lasting impact by advising their squads to vote for the contract than 2 patrol officers. Oh and by the way the list of jobs being cut, SURELY isnt a scare tactic. If that is true, then pigs are flying right now. Come on, what is that supposed to do---make the guys and girls still feel warm about keeping their jobs. :roll:

Hey Jefe, why dont you get off your throne and come in to the briefings and hold an "open session" with all the troops. You know like before you got your current position. Better yet, why cant we fell like we can just go in and talk to you and you will listen and not put a big "BULLSEYE" on us for expressing our concerns. :idea:

I understand nobody wants to lose their jobs. Aren't we all a so called family. When someone needs help or falls ill, dont we all try to contribute to those in need. So Jefe, what are you gonna do? You gonna lead by example? You gonna take a pay cut out just to show you are one of us?

You might get a lot of questions if you came in to briefing, but it might just show that you are not better than us, but instead with us and feel what we are going through. Come on now. I dont think that is asking for too much.

06-05-2010, 05:22 PM
no matter if its voted yes or no were gonan get screwed, if we vote yes, were still probabvly looking at loosing 10 officers, if we vote no, were probably taking a forced paycut and out of spite loose 20 officers. Scare tactics are in the full. Theres no a list in the briefing room of officers that says VOTE YES, these 47 people have a job, vote NO, they wont have a job.

06-05-2010, 05:45 PM
the list of units to be cut is a scare tactic to get the 47 people in specialty units to vote yes. it makes no sense, some of the positions on there are 100% grant funded, so we gonna eliminate their unit, give back the grant unit and pay their salaries?

06-05-2010, 05:52 PM
who's jefe?

06-06-2010, 12:20 AM
So which are grant funded? Do you have any clue? I guess not!! You should learn what is and isn't funded by a grant, not operations, but positions!

06-06-2010, 12:53 AM
I really dont care if I go back to the road!! I am voting no for the contract. The senior guys want to vote yes only because they are worried about the cols.

06-06-2010, 01:12 AM
Dear Chief,

We come to work everyday and wear our badges with pride and honor. Our primary focus is protecting the citizens of Fort Myers from the evil ones who prey on the weak. We strive to stay safe and return home to our families and loved ones at the end of each tour. We don't ask for much, only that the people who sit on the third floor look out for us from time to time and defend our honor, just like we defend your honor and try and represent you in a professional manner each and every day.

So am I asking you now, in this troubled time, are you doing the best you can do for us as a leader? Are you willing to go to bat for your officers just like we are willing to jump in front of a bullet for you? Below is a summary of some key leadership skills. I would just like you to read this and ask yourself these basic questions after you read each one, am I living up to my end of the bargain? Am I doing the best job I can do as the Department Head for FMPD?

Key Leadership Skills

Visionary – know what needs to be achieved and how to go about achieving it

Inspirational – create and bring to life an image of how things can be

Aware – understand each individual's abilities, limitations, motives and drivers

Influential – use vision, argument and important stakeholders to sway opinion

Trustworthy – speak honestly and openly and expect the same from others

Managerial – keep track of progress against targets and take action on slippage

If you have read this and can answer yes to each one of these questions, please accept my apology for doubting your abilities to run this agency effectively.

06-06-2010, 02:22 PM
Dear Chief,

We come to work everyday and wear our badges with pride and honor. Our primary focus is protecting the citizens of Fort Myers from the evil ones who prey on the weak. We strive to stay safe and return home to our families and loved ones at the end of each tour. We don't ask for much, only that the people who sit on the third floor look out for us from time to time and defend our honor, just like we defend your honor and try and represent you in a professional manner each and every day.

So am I asking you now, in this troubled time, are you doing the best you can do for us as a leader? Are you willing to go to bat for your officers just like we are willing to jump in front of a bullet for you? Below is a summary of some key leadership skills. I would just like you to read this and ask yourself these basic questions after you read each one, am I living up to my end of the bargain? Am I doing the best job I can do as the Department Head for FMPD?

Key Leadership Skills

Visionary – know what needs to be achieved and how to go about achieving it ----That depends on what Brotha James wants along with the Coalition. Agency--fah get about it

Inspirational – create and bring to life an image of how things can be ------Yes, promote more minorities along with placing incompetent people in supervisory postions

Aware – understand each individual's abilities, limitations, motives and drivers---If that was the case, MORALE would not be a personal problem or so he said

Influential – use vision, argument and important stakeholders to sway opinion---That is what the senseless complaint system is for along with leading by an iron fist

Trustworthy – speak honestly and openly and expect the same from others--- Your word isnt worth the breath it comes from, unless you are from the community, then you have his attention

Managerial – keep track of progress against targets and take action on slippage----Doesnt even require a reply

If you have read this and can answer yes to each one of these questions, please accept my apology for doubting your abilities to run this agency effectively.

06-08-2010, 05:13 AM
Will Cecil and the kool-aid zombies pass this sham of a contract with the usual fear and intimidation? Four more days!!!!! I can hardly wait!!! Stay tuned!

06-08-2010, 10:57 PM
Charlotte County Commissioners voted Tuesday to allow the sheriff to resubmit the application for a federal grant to rehire laid off deputies.

http://www.nbc-2.com/Global/story.asp?S=12615859

Would our grant "Diva" try this?

06-09-2010, 03:48 AM
We need to do what is right for the safety of all of us. We need to vote yes and keep everyone here. Do any of think that the crime rate is going to change if we vote know and the City ends up laying of Officers. We need to take care of each other and the way to do that is to keep everyone here.

Are you freakin out of your mind? If you vote yes, you will not be keeping everyone here. You will be bankrupting a whole lot of senior people that are struggling just to make it from paycheck to paycheck. If this goes through, you will see a lot of people forced to pack their bags and leave for richer soil. I too feel for the new people that may get laid off, however; when were you ever asked who should get laid off?

It may be a hopeless battle, but it is wrong to cut your pay and/or layoff people when you refuse to take 12 million in downtown development money and put it into your people. Your fighting with your brother and sister when the big cats across the street have planned to spend 4.2 million on a new canal to downtown so people don't have to get out of their boats to smoke cigars at Tom's. Millions on a new River District library, and a brand new Blue Lagoon swimming complex.

Were you at city council last year when they laid off 17 firemen? If you were, you would have seen the city council hand out nearly 1 million dollars to non-profits five (5) minutes after they laid them off. Aren't you tired of getting beat up by people that make 100,000, 110,000, 130,000, 160,000 dollars and more? These people don't care about you, your family, senior officers, or new officers. What ever happened to this country? Sooner or later you have to draw a line in the sand and say take your best shot. Win, lose, or draw.

06-09-2010, 01:47 PM
Considering the fact that the majority of our senior officers are lazy, uneducated people exactly what greener pastures do you think they are going to? Last time I checked very few agencies are hiring in Florida, and where else can the senior officers make 70,000 grand a year for just showing up to work? Vote yes on the contract to save everyone. We are a family, and need to stick together. If you were low person would you want the senior officers to force you out? Have a HEART!

06-09-2010, 08:41 PM
Think about it said it the best. If you vote the contract down you will feel the wrath of the people making the 130,000 a year that is for sure. Do what is right for the department keep everyone on board. You only have 16 months and you are back at the table once again. The PBA nor does the department have any control over how the City spends there money NONE WHAT SO EVER. So all you f-ing re-tards need to give that part a rest. If the City wants a canal downtown they will have a canal downtown. If the city wants to lay off 40 officers they will lay off 40 officers. If you vote the contrat down you will for sure see how powerless the union really is. PBA is working for you rather you choose to believe it or not. But in the end the City has all power. BELIEVE IT!!!!! Cut your looses now and move on. If think you can find a better job somewhere else in the state go give it a shot...

06-09-2010, 10:14 PM
Think about it said it the best. If you vote the contract down you will feel the wrath of the people making the 130,000 a year that is for sure. Do what is right for the department keep everyone on board. You only have 16 months and you are back at the table once again. The PBA nor does the department have any control over how the City spends there money NONE WHAT SO EVER. So all you f-ing re-tards need to give that part a rest. If the City wants a canal downtown they will have a canal downtown. If the city wants to lay off 40 officers they will lay off 40 officers. If you vote the contrat down you will for sure see how powerless the union really is. PBA is working for you rather you choose to believe it or not. But in the end the City has all power. BELIEVE IT!!!!! Cut your looses now and move on. If think you can find a better job somewhere else in the state go give it a shot...

ok SARGE thanks again for one of your illustrious pep talks..you are a whore :snicker:

06-09-2010, 11:56 PM

ok SARGE thanks again for one of your illustrious pep talks..you are a whore :snicker:

Jimmy............Be careful, Swift don't put up with anyone messing with his girl. :evil:

06-10-2010, 12:39 AM

We are f-ing re-tards? It is so hard to take someone serious that cannot even spell. I hope that your not a senior officer (leader) when you can't even spell hard words like "there" (wrong context, should be their), contrat ( I'm guessing contract), not sure what "cut your looses means (possibly losses). "If think" (you might want to rephrase to "If you think"). I'm not sure if I'm supposed to take the comment about the PBA seriously. The first thing your telling us is just how powerless the PBA is and the second thing your telling us is that the PBA is working for us. I'm sorry, but I don't think I want a powerless PBA working for me.

So what your telling us is that no matter how we vote, we live in communist Fort Myers and the Tyrants that run the place are going to do whatever they want to do regardless. Makes me want to vote No even more. Thanks!

06-10-2010, 12:50 AM
Considering the fact that the majority of our senior officers are lazy, uneducated people exactly what greener pastures do you think they are going to? Last time I checked very few agencies are hiring in Florida, and where else can the senior officers make 70,000 grand a year for just showing up to work? Vote yes on the contract to save everyone. We are a family, and need to stick together. If you were low person would you want the senior officers to force you out? Have a HEART!

I love this one the most. I hope all the senior officers (that will have the majority of the vote by the way) read this and find out exactly how the new officers feel about them. You might also want to educate yourself by looking at a contract before you speak of things you are obviously ignorant of. A STEP 10 officer makes $64,000.00 and it only took them surviving 10 years as an officer in Fort Myers to get there. Oh I'm sorry, "they just showed up" for 10 years. I hope all those lazy officers out there read this! Remember, hug your family and vote accordingly.

06-13-2010, 11:27 PM
God help us.

06-14-2010, 05:24 PM
http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2010/jun ... e-dispute/ (http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2010/jun/14/naples-police-and-city-try-settle-wage-dispute/)

http://www.nbc-2.com/Global/story.asp?S=12644549

Naples city council votes to cut police wages 6 percent

Naples City Council voted 6-0 pay to reduce the city's police force salary's by 6 percent.

Councilwoman Teresa Heitmann was absent.

The decision means Naples employees covered by the union contract will see a salary decrease of 6 percent. The decision also eliminates step increases and holiday pay.

The city will now implement pay ranges for employees covered by the contract.

Council's decision will be in effect until the end of the fiscal year, or Sept. 30.

POSTED EARLIER

The public comment section of the hearing has is now open.

Mayor Bill Barnett has a large stack of speaker sheets in front of him, and there are dozens of police employees and supporters in city council chambers.

"They gladly fight for you, me and your family. They take the risks, and they also do things to improve the community," said Joe Whitehead, former president of the police union and a retired Naples police officer. "Most people run from the sounds of gun fire. These folks run into it."

POSTED EARLIER

The attorney representing the Naples police department kicked off this morning's impasse hearing.

John Fry, general counsel for the Fraternal Order of Police, said Monday his membership was willing to accept a wage freeze. The membership was also confused as to why the city was suggesting a 6 percent wage decrease.

The city has recommended a 6 percent wage reduction and the elimination of the step increase.

A step increase is given based on years of experience, while a raise is given across the board.

“Six percent plus 4 percent equals 10 percent, and bye-bye,” Fry said of the city's proposal. “This is not a referendum on whether or not to freeze their pay, which they're willing to do, it's a referendum on public safety.”

The union has said it would be willing to accept a wage freeze as a way to reduce labor costs.

The city and union reached an impasse in January after six months of negotiations. Compensation packages — specifically wages — were the main sticking point.

The two sides in April met with a special magistrate, who later recommended the city freeze salaries, eliminate the holiday bonus pay and eliminate education pay.

The city of Naples rejected the non-binding recommendation, which paved the way for today's impasse hearing.

Roger Reinke, the assistant city manager and the city's chief negotiator, said the city is standing by its 6 percent decrease request.

Property values are declining. City revenue is declining. The wage increases in fiscal 2008-2009 were too high, Reinke said. "You have a duty to the taxpayers, and they should not pay over the market price for labor," he said.

Human Resources Director Denise Perez said the city's police department has not lost as many employees as the Collier County Sheriff's Office as the union has said. Perez said the city lost two police employees in fiscal 2005.

06-15-2010, 10:40 AM
I love how the moron who posted the above article about Naples PD taking their pay cut, conveniently left out the fact that a starting officer there makes $54K plus STARTING. Yes its rough anywhere but sure thats easier to swallow when your starting out making $14,000 a year more than an FMPD starting officer. Gee, 6 % of 54k, or 5.25 % PLUS insurance rape of $40k a year. Good job rookies, by the time you guys pay into your retirement every year I hope you enjoying making $28,000 a year and get sh*t equipment. Then again, I guess you can enjoy that now until you still get laid off.....what an idiot. :devil:

06-15-2010, 06:15 PM
I love how the moron who posted the above article about Naples PD taking their pay cut, conveniently left out the fact that a starting officer there makes $54K plus STARTING. Yes its rough anywhere but sure thats easier to swallow when your starting out making $14,000 a year more than an FMPD starting officer. Gee, 6 % of 54k, or 5.25 % PLUS insurance rape of $40k a year. Good job rookies, by the time you guys pay into your retirement every year I hope you enjoying making $28,000 a year and get sh*t equipment. Then again, I guess you can enjoy that now until you still get laid off.....what an idiot. :devil:

True, your 100% correct. But they said we would not get laid off, I trust them. Hey they are getting us new badges, thats something to look foward to. :D

06-15-2010, 08:31 PM
Ohhhh Rookie # 1 you have much to learn in this world. There is your first lesson alone, trust no one, especially higher-ups. I hope you have all the faith in the world that you won't get laid off because I hate to be the one to say the infamous words : " I told you so ". You'll see soon, of course they are not going to tell you that you might still be laid off. Morale would plummet from the ZERO score that its currently on now down into the negative's. Keep hoping grasshopper....wishful thinking is always good :roll:

06-16-2010, 07:44 PM

the cost of living is higher in Collier county than in Lee county, so $54k isn't as good as it sounds

06-16-2010, 10:26 PM
the cost of living is higher in Collier county than in Lee county, so $54k isn't as good as it sounds

can you say GOLDEN GATE=AFFORDABLE-HELLLLO :lol: 8)

06-16-2010, 10:57 PM
July 1, 2010 will start Blue Flu Week at FMPD. We want to demonstrate to our beloved City Council what happens to a city of this magnitude when the police become Reactive instead of Proactive. To help us, Det. JL will be using some of that PBA Gym money to purchase 12 recliners and a 50 plasma TV to be placed in the classroom at Golfview Sub. We are going to model this room after the one at the Fire Department. We will also be installing a full kitchen and dining room table for you guys and girls who enjoy cooking and eating...and from looking around lately at some of you, I can tell this is your strong point.

There officers will meet after briefing and will work on a rotation on answering calls for service. Between calls, officers will return to Golfview where they can enjoy a workout in the gym, maybe take in a movie, read or just relax until they are dispatched to calls. Under no circumstances though, are officers to conduct any type of self initiated activity. This means no checking out with dangerous looking people on the streets, no traffic stops, self-initiated arrests, etc. I know for some of you this will be a hard habit to break, for others it will part of your normal routine at work.

This experiment will last for approximately one month. Anyone caught doing any self-initiated activity will be considered a Scab and will be given a blanket party after work. I'm guessing that after about a month of this, Fort Myers will look like a scene from Escape from New York. Except Snake Pliskin won't be here to save anyone's arses.
Please join me while we honor our beloved city council and dedicate July 2010 as Blue Flu Month at FMPD.

I would like to thank everyone who voted Yes on the recent contract for making this possible.

06-17-2010, 02:54 AM
great idea, but, the scabbs will be kissing supervisor ass and driving busses right over anyone they can to get ahead as usual. hope they enjoy trying to pay a mortgage with 18% less paycheck while city mgmt laughs all the way to the bank

07-19-2010, 11:45 PM
For those who want facts, this is posted on LEOaffairs and is available on the Internet and through IUPA.
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=80543 (http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=80543)

FHP Trooper on IUPA
by Be Informed on 11/19/08 20:12:24

My name is Neil Mariotti and I have been a trooper with FHP since 1985. I started in Orange County and since 1987 I’ve been in the Palatka district of Troop G. When IUPA-FL Local 6000 was the collective bargaining unit for State Law Enforcement I was the FHP Board Member for FHP. I now serve as the Chairman of IUPA-FL Local 6000. I’ve been asked by IUPA to answer some questions about IUPA and its history as the SLEO bargaining unit.

To understand how bad things were before 2000, you have to have an understanding of our working conditions back then. Back then we worked a 28 day, 160 work period. ANY overtime that was earned in that period could be and was often off-set against ANY leave taken during that period. Even sick leave. When overtime was offered (ISLE) we had to work all of the 160 hours during the period! Any time off, even a sick day or family sick day meant you did not get your time and a half rate of pay if you work OT, just your flat pay rate. A good deal for the state, to say the least! Our holiday hours were another story. Think you earned that Christmas holiday? Maybe, unless you took ANY type of leave during that period. You called in sick? Well, don’t worry, we’ll use your Christmas holiday! That is just a few of the examples I can think of. IUPA change that through a new contract. We also used to be able to “bank” our holiday or as it’s called now our special comp. time. Come retirement time you could sell it back. Not under PBA. They negotiated that benefit away in the ‘90’s and sought nothing in return. IUPA took that case all the way to the Supreme Court in FL. to attempt to re-gain that benefit, but the Court ruled in favor of the state. Now we have a 240 cap on how much special comp. time we can bank thanks to the PBA.

IUPA’s biggest accomplishment has been in the area of the contract. Since 2000, IUPA held management to the Federal Fair Labor and Standards Act, they got rid of the 28 period. We now work a 40 hour work week. Now, you can plan your OT on just 5 work days, not 20! They made management adhere to the collective bargaining agreement! They were quick to file grievances and made management adhere to agreements.

On the subject of pay. .

In 2000 we received and 8% across the board pay increase in addition to a 3% retirement benefit buyback. In 2001, 2002 and 2003, we received cost of living adjustments. In 2004 we received a 5% across the board pay increase when everyone else in state government got a one-time $1,000.00 bonus! In 2006 we got a 3.6% cost of living increase.

IUPA sponsored and passed a patrol car insurance bill. It used to be if you hit a deer and totaled your car during off-duty employment, YOU could be held responsible for any monetary damages! Now, it’s covered! I know of a few troopers who “bought the car”! Now they don’t have that to worry about.

Ask yourself this, what unit is my management in favor of me electing? Ours was in favor of PBA even though by law members not in the collective bargaining are not supposed to show any favoritism to any unit. Did FHP management show support for PBA? You bet they did! Did that influence the vote of younger troopers who were not familiar with PBA? You figure it out.

In 2006 PBA challenged IUPA for control of the bargaining unit. In order to get votes they used then Col. Christopher Knight to push for troopers to vote for then in blatant disregard for Florida law. He would use any gathering of troopers in Tallahassee or in the field to “encourage” them to vote for PBA. PBA also promised that if voted in they would push for a separate bargaining unit for FHP. The Colonel and PBA said that if it came through, all our pay problems would be solved since the other agencies would no longer be “dragging us down.” They then promised that after the separate unit was established we would be able to vote on who we wanted to represent us. Well, the units passed and guess what? PBA wrote the bill so THEY would be our bargaining agent for the next three years. So much for us being able to decide. Col. Knight later resigned in disgrace when it was discovered he made up documents during an FDLE investigation in the firing of a trooper.

Keeping PBA would be like sentencing yourself to more of the same. Investigate and learn.

Neil Mariotti
Chairman, IUPA Local 6000 AFL-CIO
Be Informed

very very interesting :devil:

07-20-2010, 11:30 AM
On the Lee County site I see the guys name at IUPA is Jeff 941-313-0030. Lets have IUPA give us a presentation and see what they have to offer.

07-20-2010, 09:30 PM
For those who want facts, this is posted on LEOaffairs and is available on the Internet and through IUPA.
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=80543

FHP Trooper on IUPA
by Be Informed on 11/19/08 20:12:24

My name is Neil Mariotti and I have been a trooper with FHP since 1985. I started in Orange County and since 1987 I’ve been in the Palatka district of Troop G. When IUPA-FL Local 6000 was the collective bargaining unit for State Law Enforcement I was the FHP Board Member for FHP. I now serve as the Chairman of IUPA-FL Local 6000. I’ve been asked by IUPA to answer some questions about IUPA and its history as the SLEO bargaining unit.

To understand how bad things were before 2000, you have to have an understanding of our working conditions back then. Back then we worked a 28 day, 160 work period. ANY overtime that was earned in that period could be and was often off-set against ANY leave taken during that period. Even sick leave. When overtime was offered (ISLE) we had to work all of the 160 hours during the period! Any time off, even a sick day or family sick day meant you did not get your time and a half rate of pay if you work OT, just your flat pay rate. A good deal for the state, to say the least! Our holiday hours were another story. Think you earned that Christmas holiday? Maybe, unless you took ANY type of leave during that period. You called in sick? Well, don’t worry, we’ll use your Christmas holiday! That is just a few of the examples I can think of. IUPA change that through a new contract. We also used to be able to “bank” our holiday or as it’s called now our special comp. time. Come retirement time you could sell it back. Not under PBA. They negotiated that benefit away in the ‘90’s and sought nothing in return. IUPA took that case all the way to the Supreme Court in FL. to attempt to re-gain that benefit, but the Court ruled in favor of the state. Now we have a 240 cap on how much special comp. time we can bank thanks to the PBA.

IUPA’s biggest accomplishment has been in the area of the contract. Since 2000, IUPA held management to the Federal Fair Labor and Standards Act, they got rid of the 28 period. We now work a 40 hour work week. Now, you can plan your OT on just 5 work days, not 20! They made management adhere to the collective bargaining agreement! They were quick to file grievances and made management adhere to agreements.

On the subject of pay. .

In 2000 we received and 8% across the board pay increase in addition to a 3% retirement benefit buyback. In 2001, 2002 and 2003, we received cost of living adjustments. In 2004 we received a 5% across the board pay increase when everyone else in state government got a one-time $1,000.00 bonus! In 2006 we got a 3.6% cost of living increase.

IUPA sponsored and passed a patrol car insurance bill. It used to be if you hit a deer and totaled your car during off-duty employment, YOU could be held responsible for any monetary damages! Now, it’s covered! I know of a few troopers who “bought the car”! Now they don’t have that to worry about.

Ask yourself this, what unit is my management in favor of me electing? Ours was in favor of PBA even though by law members not in the collective bargaining are not supposed to show any favoritism to any unit. Did FHP management show support for PBA? You bet they did! Did that influence the vote of younger troopers who were not familiar with PBA? You figure it out.

In 2006 PBA challenged IUPA for control of the bargaining unit. In order to get votes they used then Col. Christopher Knight to push for troopers to vote for then in blatant disregard for Florida law. He would use any gathering of troopers in Tallahassee or in the field to “encourage” them to vote for PBA. PBA also promised that if voted in they would push for a separate bargaining unit for FHP. The Colonel and PBA said that if it came through, all our pay problems would be solved since the other agencies would no longer be “dragging us down.” They then promised that after the separate unit was established we would be able to vote on who we wanted to represent us. Well, the units passed and guess what? PBA wrote the bill so THEY would be our bargaining agent for the next three years. So much for us being able to decide. Col. Knight later resigned in disgrace when it was discovered he made up documents during an FDLE investigation in the firing of a trooper.

Keeping PBA would be like sentencing yourself to more of the same. Investigate and learn.

Neil Mariotti
Chairman, IUPA Local 6000 AFL-CIO
Be Informed

Maybe we should forfeit our PBA dues for a month and invite Trooper Mariotti to FT MYERS for an IUPA seminar, lets see we can have it down at the heart of THE RIVER DISTRICT/AMTEL HOTEL grand conference room, we can lodge him their for the weekend, give him some play money to enjoy the RIVER DISTRICTS ENTERTAINMENT AND NIGHTLIFE (club neo,level cigar bar,and finish the night off with a slice at downtown pizza), I really think he would enjoy HIP HOP NIGHT so he can observe how our agency handles the closing of downtown and the behavior of the locals, this would be great..iI think we need to get the wheels rolling on this one :mrgreen: