PDA

View Full Version : When are they Coming back?!

05-07-2009, 01:33 AM
An UNEMPLOYED 23 yr old rumored to be a dealer with 900 dollars in his wallet in a 35k landrover. He refused consent to search before I could even finish the question. "Hell no, you aint searching my truck" PPD no canine, santa rosa no canine, gulf breeze no canine. I was a Li'l stumped. Has anybody heard when OUR dogs arecoming back?

05-07-2009, 02:33 AM
If he wanted to search you because he heard a rumor you had a $100 in your pockets would you let him?

05-07-2009, 02:54 AM
Your crazy doing anything proactive without the K9's available. General Ortega and his Commanders have not said when they are coming back. Good luck my friend!

05-07-2009, 03:06 AM
Ask Lt Haines when they're coming back as he has been tasked with the paperwork portion. Lt Potts is tasked with repairing decades of damage done by Susie's Westminster Dog Show training.

05-09-2009, 01:22 PM
Nobody thought "Hey, if we buy some muzzles so we can still search cars and track bad guys!" (Not bite just track) These are the decisions made by a Sheriff who has never been a real cop.

05-09-2009, 05:23 PM
If he didn't stand down the unit he may have been ordered by a federal judge to do it. How would that have helped the image of the K-9 Unit? The people working on the new policies say that they will benefit the officers. Some people are acting like a kid whose toy has been taken away. Sure the K-9's are a great asset but they will be back 10-8 very soon. Sometimes doing the right thing is not easy or fun.

05-09-2009, 08:00 PM
I’ve read the many comments about Morgan suspending K-9 use and until now have reserved by thoughts on the subject.

It is my opinion that Moran erred and his decision was overkill. While it is true he should have taken some action based on the DOJ finding that there has been a lack of proper documentation when the dogs were mobilized. However, to shut them down completely because of a simple matter of requiring a report that would require a review of that action can only be described as overkill.

The action he should have taken could have been much simpler and caused less controversy and could have been settled in quick order. If DOJ were to also find that training and proper document ion has been lacking in the regular patrol functions I don’t think he would have sent all 100 plus patrol officers home until a training program and reporting process was developed.

Morgan has on his immediate staff, one who has experience in drafting policy and being involved in the training process for previous administrations including Johnson’s and Lowman. His number three man in his chain, Aiken could have been immediately detached from all other duties and assigned to quickly develop training and reporting policy so that it could be implemented within five days from the time Morgan received the DOJ report.

Had he done that, this issue would now be dead, the K-9s would be re-deployed and everyone would be happy. It’s time for him to put this matter to rest and to bring the K-9s back to work so that the officers will have that tool to help them do their job.

Ill close by saying I support Morgan and many of the things he has done so far but he and whoever gave him advice on how to handle this problem were way out in left field on this one and needs to recognize that. If you have something that stinks, the sooner you get rid of it the sooner the stink goes away.