PDA

View Full Version : Is there more to this story?

05-05-2009, 05:20 PM

From the Washington Post, Friday, May 1, 2009:

"Marc S. Griswold, a former Secret Service agent who was serving as the lead advance special agent for Energy Secretary Steven Chu on the mid-April trip, said in an interview that the minor cough he developed in Mexico grew into swine flu. Although he has recovered and is back to work, he and his family have watched in shock as his illness has sparked national security concerns, severely strained his relationship with his brother and put his family at the center of rumors and panic in his Severna Park neighborhood.

Over the past two days, his daughter, who was not infected, has endured stares and mean jokes as rumors spread through her school about her family's role in some of the first swine flu cases in the region, Griswold said. Griswold probably infected his nephew, and now the parents, close friends, refuse to talk to him.

-------------------

And Griswold has tried to reach out to his brother's family. His wife and their 7-year-old son made up two of the first three probable cases in Anne Arundel County, and Griswold's 2-year-old nephew tested positive as the third. (Because of pending test results, Griswold himself is listed as a suspected case.)
His brother's wife called them, clearly angry about her son's infection. Griswold tried and is still trying to apologize to them.
"It's my nephew and godson. I love him dearly," he said. "I would never intentionally expose him to something like that. It's an unfortunate part of this line of work I'm in, but even then, I mean, no one knew when we were down there that this could happen."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/04/30/AR2009043001836.html

===========================================

Is there more to this story? The position of the brother and his family appears very unreasonable.

05-17-2009, 01:59 PM
Families can be like that.................. :snicker: