PDA

View Full Version : Reserves

05-05-2009, 01:02 PM
Why does our reserve unit have take home cars?? Is it so they can work off duty details?? Here is an idea you make the Palm Beach full time deputies pay for gas, why don't you charge the reserve deputies for gas. I'm wondering how much money is being wasted with that car sitting in front of there house until its detail time.

05-05-2009, 02:43 PM
Our reserve deputies got take home cars years ago because it made good sense. The cars they got were high mileage dead-lined units that were being replaced. Instead of getting a few dollars for the cars from a wholesaler we issued them to reserve deputies. It increases BSO's visibility and it makes the reserve deputies much more productive, since they don't have to hunt for a pool car every time they want to work a shift.

The reserve takehome car program is a win-win for BSO and it's too bad that it's being altered because a few people don't understand that it benefits BSO and costs next to nothing.

And no, I'm not a Reserve deputy.

05-05-2009, 04:37 PM
Our reserve deputies got take home cars years ago because it made good sense. The cars they got were high mileage dead-lined units that were being replaced. Instead of getting a few dollars for the cars from a wholesaler we issued them to reserve deputies. It increases BSO's visibility and it makes the reserve deputies much more productive, since they don't have to hunt for a pool car every time they want to work a shift.

The reserve takehome car program is a win-win for BSO and it's too bad that it's being altered because a few people don't understand that it benefits BSO and costs next to nothing.

Can you advise how the program is being altered?

05-06-2009, 07:14 AM

Can you advise how the program is being altered? So why don't they pay for gas??

05-06-2009, 12:09 PM

Can you advise how the program is being altered? So why don't they pay for gas??

Dude! listen to what you are saying. They get paid nothing to come and volunteer. You want them to pay for gas.

05-08-2009, 01:11 PM
I work for MPD,who can i contact to get the Reserve SOP,a name phone # or e-mail will do.Thank You.

05-08-2009, 01:42 PM
You'll get nothing and like it.

05-08-2009, 09:17 PM
You'll get nothing and like it.

Cinderella boy! Gunga Lagunga

05-11-2009, 10:37 PM
Reserve Deputies are paid $10.00 per hour, with limited benefits, if they stay long enough they will collect a pension. My problem is how many times have they been called in? All of them drive the BSO marked unit to their primary job, this makes the tax payers pay for their gas for work not being done for BSO. I don't know how exactly that helps us. Most work in easy districts such as LBTS or specialized units like the School Resource, Civil, etc. Most don't even work a full shift. As for needing their vehicle's, the agency could simply assign a pool vehicle to every district that they can check out if and when they work...This vehicle could serve two purposes, when a deputies vehicle goes dead and the Svc. Ctr is closed we could actually use it for real police work... if not the Reserve deputy could use it. If for some reason they can't get a vehicle we could make them a 2 man unit and ride with someone else... Reserves should be utilized to help elliminate excessive OT on the road... How much will this save? As for saying they are given take homes to increase visibility, do any of them live in BSO jurisdiction?

06-05-2009, 08:49 PM
How do you apply for reserve deputy or who is the contact person?

06-05-2009, 11:52 PM
Why does a reserve deputy who works at the State Office Building, 1400 West Commercial Blvd, Fort Lauderdae, Fl, have a fully marked police car that he takes to work every Friday? I am just looking for the the sense of this? Maybe you all could help me.

06-12-2009, 11:02 PM
Why does a reserve deputy who is a civilian state employee and, not on BSO business taking a fully marked BSO vehicle to his primary job on Fridays at the Fort lauderdale State Office Building,1400 W Commercial Blvd, Ft Lauderdale? Sign me up, I want to drive a Broward Sheriffs Car to my civilian job. What a joke this is!!!!!! I want to drive to work, and use a county car. I want to drive to and from my civilian job. I don't want to place any wear and tear on my personal vehicle. This is a great deal. Not even being on BSO business or even county business, I want to us a county car. Its your wear and tear. Its your gas. I love this!!! Please explain to me.

06-13-2009, 01:08 AM
Why does a reserve deputy who is a civilian state employee and, not on BSO business taking a fully marked BSO vehicle to his primary job on Fridays at the Fort lauderdale State Office Building,1400 W Commercial Blvd, Ft Lauderdale? Sign me up, I want to drive a Broward Sheriffs Car to my civilian job. What a joke this is!!!!!! I want to drive to work, and use a county car. I want to drive to and from my civilian job. I don't want to place any wear and tear on my personal vehicle. This is a great deal. Not even being on BSO business or even county business, I want to us a county car. Its your wear and tear. Its your gas. I love this!!! Please explain to me.
Deputies who work full time for BSO but live in Palm Beach have to pay gas. Reserve deputies who only work 16 hours a month, but work full time off duty details everyday don't pay for gas, and they have take home units. Explain this!

06-20-2009, 08:20 PM
Well I'll tell you why, because he works the detail every Friday night at dist 13 jazz night.
Why should the poor guy go all the way back to his house in south Broward to get his unit and waste his own gas and wear and tear on his own car.

Come on guys, I don't mind the LT using my tax dollars to get to his detail and to drive home with all the food he gets from the kitchen at the end of the night.

We don't mind at all now do we?????????????? :evil:

NOT.

01-09-2010, 08:03 AM
Hello..

Can anyone please provide contact information to be able to speak to someone reference BSO reserve program please.

Thank you...

01-09-2010, 12:52 PM
Hello..

Can anyone please provide contact information to be able to speak to someone reference BSO reserve program please.

Thank you...

If you were really resourceful, you would have looked it up. But you fit the mold of being spoon fed so someone will probably post it on line for you. Then come back and ask us what's on the test.

01-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Reserve Deputies are paid $10.00 per hour, with limited benefits, if they stay long enough they will collect a pension. My problem is how many times have they been called in? All of them drive the BSO marked unit to their primary job, this makes the tax payers pay for their gas for work not being done for BSO. I don't know how exactly that helps us. Most work in easy districts such as LBTS or specialized units like the School Resource, Civil, etc. Most don't even work a full shift. As for needing their vehicle's, the agency could simply assign a pool vehicle to every district that they can check out if and when they work...This vehicle could serve two purposes, when a deputies vehicle goes dead and the Svc. Ctr is closed we could actually use it for real police work... if not the Reserve deputy could use it. If for some reason they can't get a vehicle we could make them a 2 man unit and ride with someone else... Reserves should be utilized to help elliminate excessive OT on the road... How much will this save? As for saying they are given take homes to increase visibility, do any of them live in BSO jurisdiction?

Stop being a bitc- Read what you read your a crybaby just do your jOb answer your calls for service. Stop worrying about everybody else and just pAtRol b :evil: y.

01-10-2010, 07:39 PM
If you were really resourceful, you would have looked it up. But you fit the mold of being spoon fed so someone will probably post it on line for you. Then come back and ask us what's on the test.

I did search and tried to find the information including the BSO website but was unable to find anything, hence why I asked for a little help here hoping that someone has first hand knowledge or experience..
This website is about people helping people or cops helping cops, it's because people like you that this world is the way it is and some departments have morale down on the floor. Arrogant, selfish, ignorant pricks like you.

01-10-2010, 08:03 PM

I did search and tried to find the information including the BSO website but was unable to find anything, hence why I asked for a little help here hoping that someone has first hand knowledge or experience..
This website is about people helping people or cops helping cops, it's because people like you that this world is the way it is and some departments have morale down on the floor. Arrogant, selfish, ignorant pricks like you.

That certainly was a smartass response you recieved for asking for help. Go to the BSO webpage and locate the number for in either the employment area or the Human resources Dept. If it is not there ( I haven't gone on) just post back and I'll get it for you. I'll check back to this site. The Reserves serve an important function in any agency by augmenting it's strength and assisting with duties. It is also a way for you to contribute to the community. Good Luck.

01-10-2010, 11:42 PM

By the sound of your response, you're not what BSO is looking for. You have no hooks, no family members within the agency and obviously no friends in law enforcement. If you aren't a former employee looking to pick up details,there is no place for you here. Move on. Go to Ft. Lauderdale's page. Look at all the fun they're having and yes, you can probably be a part of it too. Also, you have a definition for this website that matches your stupidity. We don't need any more stupid people. We have all we can handle in administration.

01-12-2010, 09:30 AM
Porky- Thank you and I really appreciate it. I will make a few phone calls and find out. My post was reference anyone knowing who to contact directly that's if incase someone had first hand knowledge..

Yo a-hole- come on man I hate to see people like yourself and 411 say some real ignorant stuff. This should be about discussing and helping and also as a tool for information. After all this is a "brotherhood". Because I don't know who you are or where you work but you can rest assure that I can relate to you in certain things and that I would risk my life if yours was in danger..
We should be helping each other and try to make things better if atleast that.