PDA

View Full Version : Good Job

04-29-2009, 12:42 AM
Great job arresting a fellow police officer. You have to remeber we are all brothers and have to watch out for each other because nobody else will! Even though the officer was wrong you could have got him a cab or called sombody for him. I'm disappointed at the Deputy that mad the arrest, did you really need a stat that bad? Or were you really board? You have ruined a fellow brothers career and possibly his life. GOOD going, I have been pulled over by a Monroe County Deputy on my way to the keys and he showed me the same Professional courtesy I would have shown him if he were in my city. Which ever Deputy made that arrest I hope you can live with yourself, and you will probably read this and say " What makes him different from a regular person?" The difference is that he would stop for you if you were getting your a$$ kicked on the side of the road. I know not all of Monroe Deputies are scumbags but you should really talk to your NEW GUYS!!!! :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

04-29-2009, 10:10 PM
Sad, isn't it? The "New Guy" isn't new at all. Just has something to prove to the world. Very sad soul.

04-29-2009, 11:11 PM
Great job arresting a fellow police officer. You have to remember we are all brothers and have to watch out for each other because nobody else will! Even though the officer was wrong you could have got him a cab or called somebody for him. I'm disappointed at the Deputy that mad the arrest, did you really need a stat that bad? Or were you really board? You have ruined a fellow brothers career and possibly his life. GOOD going, I have been pulled over by a Monroe County Deputy on my way to the keys and he showed me the same Professional courtesy I would have shown him if he were in my city. Which ever Deputy made that arrest I hope you can live with yourself, and you will probably read this and say " What makes him different from a regular person?" The difference is that he would stop for you if you were getting your a$$ kicked on the side of the road. I know not all of Monroe Deputies are scumbags but you should really talk to your NEW GUYS!!!! :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

I am very sorry for the actions of one of my fellow Deputies in MC. Unknown why he would have to call his Sgt and ask what to do. All he had to do was take his keys call him a cab and get him into a hotel for the night. It upsets me to know end that this happened to a fellow officer. Although it was wrong for him to get behind the wheel and drive, it still could have been handled differently. Thinking about all the breaks we give the average Joe on a daily basis, and one could not be extended to a fellow brother. I hope that this individual gets to retain his job. To the Deputy involved, shame on you, karma is a Bit&*! Stay safe and good.

05-01-2009, 03:07 AM
All of you talking down an officer for simply doing his job are ignorent @#$%heads. God forbidd that "drunk behind the wheel" would have crashed your family and injured them, then the officer would have gotten slain by you guys for not doing his job, but because you only hear (Officer Arrested), you assume that the (arresting officer) is an A__. First of all, after you made that decision to become a law enforcement officer, you are held to higher standards, you set the example, and you are looked at by the community as leaders, whether on or off duty. Being Drunk behind the wheel? Now that is a bad decision which the (drunk guy) made for himself, he is over 18, and does not need a parent or guardian to supervise him anymore.
You should be ashamed of yourself for questioning another officers actions, especially if you know that the officer didn't just make a bad arrest, he prevented serious bodily harm to others persons, and also avoided property damage from occuring by taking a drunk off the streets. I don't know what city you work for, but it sounds like you guys are about as corrupt as it gets... Not to mention, I belive that the arresting officer should receive an award for saving another officers life. Do you know how many drunks just plow into either the mangroves or go head-on with other vehicles causing occasional fatalities in Monroe County? Obviously not, because you are just used to patrolling your corrupt little city where officers can drink and drive, and everything is ok because they just flash their tin at each other.. I hope your smarter than this drunk guy that got busted, but if you ever decide to drink and drive, dont do it in Monroe County, just drink in your little "city" where everthing will get covered up.....Remember you swore to uphold the law, That doesn't mean allow drunks to drive.
Hopefully this will be an eyeopener for rookies from the drunks department, so that this wont happen again, and I really hope this guy gets help with his drinking problem, because flipping burgers while drunk could also get pretty dangerous in his future.......**If you make a bad decision, Man up** :cop:

05-01-2009, 05:49 PM
Sounds like you have already decided he is guilty. You are full of hate and assume that becuase a taxi is called or someone is checked into a hotel for the night it must be a cover up. There are plenty of "everyday" citizens that are given the same opportunity daily! People "flippin burgers" are not likely to lose their carrer for a DUI and police are human too dont kid yourself. I am sure in your lifetime you have done soemthing you wished you hadnt. If he is guilty I am sure there are extenuating circumstances that led to his error in judgement. But I suggest you stop judging people before you walk a mile in their shoes. Understand one thing, even though you judge, he still may be the one to save your life one day. And I happen to know he would do it w/o blinking an eye or wanting a thank you......leo or not!
From Not a Rookie

05-01-2009, 06:41 PM
Well big talker, the point is he did not kill someone or get in a car accident!!!! Save you're BS for someone else that cares to hear it!!!!! Bottom line is that he could have helped his Fellow Brother out, instead he arrested him. And there was a Sgt there as well, shame on you! I know for a fact people in that area are given breaks all the time. So big talker, if one of you're own was pulled over and was found drunk, you would take him or her in? If it was one of you're zone partners you would arrest him/ her? I think not, hypocrite!!!! And by the way, learn how to spell!!!!!!! How come you don't post you're name on here if you are such an upstanding LEO? Lets see who you are so that we can find all the faults in you! You won't because you know that you are probably one that does this sort of thing all the time... :mrgreen:

All of you talking down an officer for simply doing his job are ignorant @#$%heads. God forbidd that "drunk behind the wheel" would have crashed your family and injured them, then the officer would have gotten slain by you guys for not doing his job, but because you only hear (Officer Arrested), you assume that the (arresting officer) is an A__. First of all, after you made that decision to become a law enforcement officer, you are held to higher standards, you set the example, and you are looked at by the community as leaders, whether on or off duty. Being Drunk behind the wheel? Now that is a bad decision which the (drunk guy) made for himself, he is over 18, and does not need a parent or guardian to supervise him anymore.
You should be ashamed of yourself for questioning another officers actions, especially if you know that the officer didn't just make a bad arrest, he prevented serious bodily harm to others persons, and also avoided property damage from occuring by taking a drunk off the streets. I don't know what city you work for, but it sounds like you guys are about as corrupt as it gets... Not to mention, I belive that the arresting officer should receive an award for saving another officers life. Do you know how many drunks just plow into either the mangroves or go head-on with other vehicles causing occasional fatalities in Monroe County? Obviously not, because you are just used to patrolling your corrupt little city where officers can drink and drive, and everything is ok because they just flash their tin at each other.. I hope your smarter than this drunk guy that got busted, but if you ever decide to drink and drive, dont do it in Monroe County, just drink in your little "city" where everthing will get covered up.....Remember you swore to uphold the law, That doesn't mean allow drunks to drive.
Hopefully this will be an eyeopener for rookies from the drunks department, so that this wont happen again, and I really hope this guy gets help with his drinking problem, because flipping burgers while drunk could also get pretty dangerous in his future.......**If you make a bad decision, Man up** :cop:

05-02-2009, 11:09 PM
Now now behave, just remember that the Leo put that deputy in a bad position. What if the Deputy patrol car is equipped with a camera It's all being recorded. That's why you should only drink & drive in your jurisdiction so that your fellow brother can take you home. Now if the LEO only knew that they Keys motto is "Coming to vacation leaving on probation" all of this would have been avoided. Good Job! L.B.

05-03-2009, 02:13 AM
First of all I don't think they were talking about L.B as you put it, he is a whole different thread! We could go on for hours about him! And you can say what if all day long, the bottom line is that his PC was not equipped with a Camera! Good job F-ing one of you're own. :D

Now now behave, just remember that the Leo put that deputy in a bad position. What if the Deputy patrol car is equipped with a camera It's all being recorded. That's why you should only drink & drive in your jurisdiction so that your fellow brother can take you home. Now if the LEO only knew that they Keys motto is "Coming to vacation leaving on probation" all of this would have been avoided. Good Job! L.B.

05-03-2009, 02:15 AM
Does LB even work the road anymore? I thought he did training and details only! I'm out of the loop.....

05-04-2009, 03:22 AM
Good job LB!!! just remember...... Like the other post said, if the person would have continued, who knows what could have happpened.. The last thing that needs to happen is for a fellow LEO to be involved in a crash because of his own bad judgement....

05-04-2009, 03:57 AM
Well big talker, the point is he did not kill someone or get in a car accident!!!! Save you're BS for someone else that cares to hear it!!!!! Bottom line is that he could have helped his Fellow Brother out, instead he arrested him. And there was a Sgt there as well, shame on you! I know for a fact people in that area are given breaks all the time. So big talker, if one of you're own was pulled over and was found drunk, you would take him or her in? If it was one of you're zone partners you would arrest him/ her? I think not, hypocrite!!!! And by the way, learn how to spell!!!!!!! How come you don't post you're name on here if you are such an upstanding LEO? Lets see who you are so that we can find all the faults in you! You won't because you know that you are probably one that does this sort of thing all the time... :mrgreen:

Big Talker? Obviously you have a little less than two years on the job, so I'll take it easy on you. In the line of work of an LEO, there is a term that is frequently used, and it is reffered to as "officer discretion" (ask someone senior to explain that to you). Because no one on here knows all of the facts, (Unless you are the arresting officer, defendant, or supervisor on-scene)no-one should question the actions of anyone. I'm sure that if the situation could have been handled in a diffrent manner, it would have. But then you have rookies like you that do not understand police work, and the liabilities that it could bring. So next time your going to post anything on here, make sure you have a better understanding of police work, and why don't you post you're name on here although the one you used the first time suits you just fine!

05-04-2009, 08:25 PM
Scum4 is just a miserable underpaid new guy. learn your job before you post nonsense.

05-06-2009, 05:45 AM
All of you talking down an officer for simply doing his job are ignorent @#$%heads. God forbidd that "drunk behind the wheel" would have crashed your family and injured them, then the officer would have gotten slain by you guys for not doing his job, but because you only hear (Officer Arrested), you assume that the (arresting officer) is an A__. First of all, after you made that decision to become a law enforcement officer, you are held to higher standards, you set the example, and you are looked at by the community as leaders, whether on or off duty. Being Drunk behind the wheel? Now that is a bad decision which the (drunk guy) made for himself, he is over 18, and does not need a parent or guardian to supervise him anymore.

Listen you , you just cost a fellow brother his way of living, because he was drinking in the Keys. The Keys. Everyone is drunk in the Keys! You are a rat ******* that gives every other MCSO Dep a bad name. Your scum, you are probably a rookie. You need to learn how you to show respect to other officers when they come to your town. Its sad that we have people that are in this line of work like you. Your a . Go work for FHP if you wanna mess with other cops you .

P.S Go solve a real crime!!

Your post was edited because of TOS violations. Mod584

05-06-2009, 08:47 PM

Amen to that, Keep up the good work in the keys.....

05-06-2009, 09:25 PM
Listen you , you just cost a fellow brother his way of living, because he was drinking in the Keys. Keys. Everyone is drunk in the Keys! You are a rat *** VIRUS ALERT *** that gives every other MCSO Dep a bad name. Your scum, you are probably a rookie. You need to learn how you to show respect to other officers when they come to your town. Its sad that we have people that are in this line of work like you. Your a . Go work for FHP if you wanna mess with other cops you piece of coward.

P.S Go solve a real crime!!

Last time I checked, drinking and driving is a crime, and a serious one at that. I don't understand how the actions of the officer on duty "cost a fellow brother his way of living". I am not familiar with the facts of the case, but If the arresting officer gave the other anything that could have impaired his judgement and then he physically placed him behind the wheel, and then said drive away, yes then he is a bad guy. But I believe he was just doing his job.
Who are you reffering to when you say "rat", "scum","coward"? I think the only coward is you who hides behind a keyboard, and then you monday night quarterback the actions of a fellow brother for doing his job. I think you are angry because you are underpaid and you are having to live check to check. I am a citizen of Monroe County and appreciate all of the support that we get from the deputies. I would be more than happy to go into details where I have had nothing but positive encounters with deputies, and that is why I took the time to reply to your non-sense post. I really hope your not employed by Monroe County, and if you are, I really hope you were just having a bad day when you posted your thoughts on here. Have a better day. My intentions are not to anger anyone with this post, but it is to show that not all citizens in the Keys are Drunks, and we do appreciate the work you guys do. Unfortunately sometimes we make bad decisions, however when this occurs we simply have to suffer the consequences, not fault everyone else.

05-06-2009, 11:55 PM
Who cares. The officer did what he had to do. Those of you who are complaining must not have a family or kids who drive on these roads. As mentioned earlier, if the officer let this guy go and he did crash, it would be his ass for giving him a break. My hats off to this officer and all of those who don't like it shouldn't be in law enforcement. It's not like running a red light or speeding, this guy was driving under the influence. What do you people stand for. Sometimes I'm ashamed I work for this department because our officers don't stand behind each other. This officer did not arrest a MCSO officer. Yes we are "all brothers" but as MCSO officers, together we should be tighter then just brothers.

05-07-2009, 12:11 AM
Who cares. The officer did what he had to do. Those of you who are complaining must not have a family or kids who drive on these roads. As mentioned earlier, if the officer let this guy go and he did crash, it would be his ass for giving him a break. My hats off to this officer and all of those who don't like it shouldn't be in law enforcement. It's not like running a red light or speeding, this guy was driving under the influence. What do you people stand for. Sometimes I'm ashamed I work for this department because our officers don't stand behind each other. This officer did not arrest a MCSO officer. Yes we are "all brothers" but as MCSO officers, together we should be tighter then just brothers.

I could not have said it better myself. We need to stick together and back our coworkers 100%

05-07-2009, 03:08 PM
Like lots of people said, no one knows all the details. He may not even have been drunk. Give him a day in court and let it be decided there. However, "discretion" is used EVERY day in law enforcement and every day tthe officer has to make decisions on actions of drivers. Simply stated if the other officer was impaired at all, it was possible to get him a cab at his expense, tow the vehicle, let someone else drive ect. There are other options that every day citizens are given daily. Task Force members however sometimes are to gunho to remember these things. As for "its not like he ran red light" that could just as easily kill someone and yet he would have probably been let go on that not be facing losing his career.

Vacationing in the keys is just that, he will suffer consequences but did they need to be this extreme is the only question.....Those is glass houses shouldnt throw stones

05-08-2009, 12:55 AM
If you love you're MCSO Deputies that much, then go to the County Commissioners and take you're family and friends with you and tell them how underpaid we are and demand a pay raise for us Please! Please fight for us. Much respect to you! :cry:

Last time I checked, drinking and driving is a crime, and a serious one at that. I don't understand how the actions of the officer on duty "cost a fellow brother his way of living". I am not familiar with the facts of the case, but If the arresting officer gave the other anything that could have impaired his judgement and then he physically placed him behind the wheel, and then said drive away, yes then he is a bad guy. But I believe he was just doing his job.
Who are you reffering to when you say "rat", "scum","coward"? I think the only coward is you who hides behind a keyboard, and then you monday night quarterback the actions of a fellow brother for doing his job. I think you are angry because you are underpaid and you are having to live check to check. I am a citizen of Monroe County and appreciate all of the support that we get from the deputies. I would be more than happy to go into details where I have had nothing but positive encounters with deputies, and that is why I took the time to reply to your non-sense post. I really hope your not employed by Monroe County, and if you are, I really hope you were just having a bad day when you posted your thoughts on here. Have a better day. My intentions are not to anger anyone with this post, but it is to show that not all citizens in the Keys are Drunks, and we do appreciate the work you guys do. Unfortunately sometimes we make bad decisions, however when this occurs we simply have to suffer the consequences, not fault everyone else.[/quote]

05-10-2009, 07:03 PM
Hey I got a great idea, its called "policy and procedures", last time I checked MCSO is CALEA certified so they have the same SOP we have and DUI is a "shall" arrest offense same as domestic. Not only does violation of SOP kick in but so does civil liability if anything happens to the guy for 8 hours after the contact. We forget and we put ourselves in these situations then blame others for the poor choices we make.
Just look up the facts on the St.Lucie/ Jupiter incident that took place last year. (in short the Jupiter Officer was given a break for DUI, but then his agency caught wind of the incident and started an I.A., as a result he was terminated, but then he sued the St. Lucie Officer for not arresting him.....SO, the St.Lucie Officer and his SGT. got days off without pay for violation of SOP and still facing a civil suit...WHY???...because they did a fellow Officer a favor!!!!!!
As a fellow D.R.E./ D.U.I. Officer I fully support his choice, had I been in his shoes, I didnt get myself in that position...ultimately the Drunk Driver did. Also you all dont know what we attend and the victims we deal with, I would like you all to go to a M.A.D.D. function and see how devastating it is to see what these "impaired" drivers do to people and the outcome as a result of their poor choice........

05-10-2009, 07:12 PM
12/31/07
LASO to Deputies: Don't Drink & Drive (Or Shoot)
Surprised they didn't include domestic violence stats in this article.

LA Daily News : Even as law enforcement officers swarm the roadways to nab intoxicated drivers this New Year's holiday, Los Angeles County officials said they also will be watching for any potential drunk drivers among the ranks of their own Sheriff's Department.

Despite a series of efforts, nearly two dozen off-duty sheriff's employees have been arrested on drunk-driving charges every year since hitting that peak in 2004 - up from an average 10 to 15 a year, according to an annual department review.

"The Sheriff's Department has taken a multipronged approach to address this, including increasing the disciplinary penalties for drunk driving off-duty," Office of Independent Review Chief Attorney Michael Gennaco said Friday.

"But so far, what they have tried has not decreased the level of arrests. So we are going to continue to watch it carefully and see if there can be some sort of a decrease in this troubling, off-duty behavior."

Officials with the Association of Los Angeles Deputy Sheriffs could not be reached Friday for comment.

But Audrey Honig, the department's chief psychologist, said sheriff's officials have been working with Gennaco to address a "culture that supports the use of alcohol as a means of dealing with the stress of the job."

The department has formed a DUI task force of commanders and also recently increased the penalty for a drunk-driving arrest from a seven- to 15-day suspension to a standard 15-day suspension.

The department plans to send its 15,000 employees a message today, encouraging those who drink alcohol to find designated drivers and to store their off-duty weapons in a safe place.

The department also is developing a training video and is using special goggles that simulate the effects of alcohol to teach deputies how drinking impairs their ability to use their guns.

"You might speed 12 times and not get caught, but eventually we'll get you," Honig said. "The same is true with alcohol offenses. Your luck will run out, and you'll get caught. And the time no longer exists when another officer will excuse your behavior and let you go home."

Tony Bell, spokesman for county Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich - an outspoken supporter of the Sheriff's Department, said the supervisor wants to encourage the department to continue to reach out to deputies to address the issue.

"Obviously their efforts have been proactive in education and in increased penalties," Bell said. "These are measures that will reduce the number of deputies involved in these incidents.

"This will protect the public and discourage deputies from drinking and driving."

Gennaco's report comes as former sheriff's Chief Michael Aranda pleaded no contest earlier this month to a misdemeanor charge of driving while intoxicated in his county vehicle.

Aranda of Palmdale was placed on three years of probation and ordered to attend an alcohol-education program.

In his report, Gennaco found more than half of drunk-driving arrests of sheriff's employees involved young deputies in their first assignment with the department, typically in the county's jails.

The department has hired hundreds of deputies in the past few years to reduce violence in the overcrowded jails and reduce crime in unincorporated areas and cities throughout the county that contract with the Sheriff's Department.

This year, more than 1,000 new deputies graduated from the sheriff's academy.

Among its anti-DUI efforts, the Sheriff's Department also is encouraging fellow law enforcement officers not to extend "professional courtesies" to sheriff's employees pulled over for driving while intoxicated.

In such cases, fellow officers often would waive an arrest and instead drive the intoxicated colleague home, Gennaco said.

"One thing that may be going on is that the days of professional courtesy where an officer would treat an off-duty officer differently have ended," Gennaco said.

"Unfortunately, some of these new deputies don't understand yet that those days have ended."

Gennaco's report examined 97 sheriff's employee arrests over five years, as well as 27 non-DUI incidents ending in arrests of employees for alcohol-related fights, disturbances and disputes.

A small fraction of the alcohol-related incidents involved brandishing or alleged brandishing of firearms by department members, Gennaco wrote.

The report follows a Daily News report last month that found a growing number of off-duty shootings involving the Los Angeles Police and Sheriff's departments.

Since 2000, sheriff's employees have been involved in 41 off-duty shootings. Last year, there were seven - up from four the previous year.

Concerns about off-duty drinking and shootings in the Sheriff's Department first arose in the mid-1990s when Special Counsel Merrick Bobb analyzed 28 off-duty shootings and found six involved deputies who had been drinking.

In 1996, a federal jury awarded $750,000 to the family of a Rowland Heights man who was killed by an intoxicated, off-duty sheriff's deputy.

"Off-duty firearms and alcohol don't mix," Gennaco said.

"While we don't endorse restricting off-duty weapons, for safety and security reasons, deputies have to understand that their judgment can be clouded when firearms and alcohol are both in the same room."

Honig said that while some of the recent cases have involved deputies brandishing firearms and badges while drinking, she said she doesn't recall anybody actually getting shot in recent years.

"That's a very positive thing because in years past, we had a significant number of alcohol-related offenses involving guns - only it wasn't brandishing, it was firing," she said.

"So a number of years ago, at least eight, we implemented a very concerted effort - and it took a couple of years to overcome - that if you are going to drink, then don't carry your firearm, period. Store it. It's safer for you, and it's safer for everybody else."

Honig said she is more concerned about the possibility that deputies who drink and drive can injure or kill other people.

"We've had some over the years where people have died and the sheriff's personnel has gone to prison," Honig said. "It periodically happens.
"The most common is a regular DUI. The second is a single-car spinout where they crash their own car, and the next is when they shoot somebody else but it's a minor injury.

"The least common is where it becomes vehicular manslaughter."

05-10-2009, 08:27 PM
If you love you're MCSO Deputies that much, then go to the County Commissioners and take you're family and friends with you and tell them how underpaid we are and demand a pay raise for us Please! Please fight for us. Much respect to you! :cry:

Who are you reffering to when you say "rat", "scum","coward"? I think the only coward is you who hides behind a keyboard, and then you monday night quarterback the actions of a fellow brother for doing his job. I think you are angry because you are underpaid and you are having to live check to check. I am a citizen of Monroe County and appreciate all of the support that we get from the deputies. I would be more than happy to go into details where I have had nothing but positive encounters with deputies, and that is why I took the time to reply to your non-sense post. I really hope your not employed by Monroe County, and if you are, I really hope you were just having a bad day when you posted your thoughts on here. Have a better day. My intentions are not to anger anyone with this post, but it is to show that not all citizens in the Keys are Drunks, and we do appreciate the work you guys do. Unfortunately sometimes we make bad decisions, however when this occurs we simply have to suffer the consequences, not fault everyone else.[/quote]

"Last time I checked, drinking and driving is a crime, and a serious one at that."

You are joking, RIGHT? A serious Crime? A misdemeanor, SERIOUS!!! Get a grip. I guess you treat an open container violation like a homicide. A armed robbery, with a firearm is a SERIOUS CRIME!!!

Go pack sand, ****$TICK!!

05-11-2009, 12:27 AM
I work in sector 7 and my sgt. says for every out of town cop we arrest for DUI we get a free dinner @ brazelena! Were lookin' for ya! Come on down! Your the next contestant on we don't care who you are! Your going to jail! Were not going to jeopardize our careers for you. Get over it, get it out of your head forever. If you can't stand to go to jail for it, don't do it. You can always bounce at a bar, or flip burgers! But your just a stat to me loser.

05-11-2009, 05:13 AM
I work in sector 7 and my sgt. says for every out of town cop we arrest for DUI we get a free dinner @ brazelena! Were lookin' for ya! Come on down! Your the next contestant on we don't care who you are! Your going to jail! Were not going to jeopardize our careers for you. Get over it, get it out of your head forever. If you can't stand to go to jail for it, don't do it. You can always bounce at a bar, or flip burgers! But your just a stat to me loser.

Wow, you and your Sgt. are real pieces of ! jeopardize our careers for you? Its a misdemeanor rookie boy!

05-11-2009, 06:16 PM
[quote="Lookin' 4 ya":140ke00h]Wow, you and your Sgt. are real pieces of $hit! jeopardize our careers for you? Its a misdemeanor rookie boy![/quote:140ke00h]

Your jeopardizing your own career, How about you stop drinking and driving. Keep up the good work MCSO. And by the way, Misdemeanors are arrestable offenses in the state of Florida, seems like its a little different in your little bitty hometown. :devil:

05-12-2009, 10:34 AM
Well without being quite so harsh... Yes, we've had it happen before. Trying to help a brother out and bam! We've had friends of ours fired just for this very thing. The idiots went back for their cars and crashed. No, no one was seriously injured. Still, jobs were lost. Times have changed and you just won't see that kind of "courtesy" as we have before. Not for D.U.I.'s. Sorry...

Tell your friends 2 things...

1. Don't expect that kind of courtesy anymore.
2. They have these things now called CABS. Try em.

05-14-2009, 09:08 AM

Who are you reffering to when you say "rat", "scum","coward"? I think the only coward is you who hides behind a keyboard, and then you monday night quarterback the actions of a fellow brother for doing his job. I think you are angry because you are underpaid and you are having to live check to check. I am a citizen of Monroe County and appreciate all of the support that we get from the deputies. I would be more than happy to go into details where I have had nothing but positive encounters with deputies, and that is why I took the time to reply to your non-sense post. I really hope your not employed by Monroe County, and if you are, I really hope you were just having a bad day when you posted your thoughts on here. Have a better day. My intentions are not to anger anyone with this post, but it is to show that not all citizens in the Keys are Drunks, and we do appreciate the work you guys do. Unfortunately sometimes we make bad decisions, however when this occurs we simply have to suffer the consequences, not fault everyone else.

"Last time I checked, drinking and driving is a crime, and a serious one at that."

You are joking, RIGHT? A serious Crime? A misdemeanor, SERIOUS!!! Get a grip. I guess you treat an open container violation like a homicide. A armed robbery, with a firearm is a SERIOUS CRIME!!!

Go pack sand, fazugie$TICK!![/quote]

WOW...... you must be a defense attorney.. DUI not a serious crime.. lets see you have 4000 lbs projectile and your drunk off your behind and thats not serious. Let that person kill one of your loved ones and then see how u feel. That Deputy did what he had to do and im sure he had cause to do it. Obviously he was impaired enough to warrant an arrest. That Deputy did not ruin the officers life.... the officer ruin his own life. Come through my zone that way and ill arrest you to I dont care who you are or what you do. Good job deputy!!!

05-16-2009, 12:13 AM
Hopefully a good attorney will defend the arrested officer in court.