PDA

View Full Version : Senior Deputy

04-25-2009, 06:29 PM
I for one am tired of the debate about the senior deputy program. There are the emails from folks that are the deputies of the decade and solve all the crimes. There are the emails about how there is an unjust IA now.

How about just do away with the program and spread the money out to all the deputies.

It does seem to be harder to be a senior deputy than a sergeant (and that makes no sense).

04-25-2009, 07:03 PM
Which is why I, an ex-board member of the Teamsters, refuse to even read the stupid emails. I am over it. The raises need to be for everyone, not just a select group and self-centered folks. I will never attend another meeting, nor will I participate in the silly emails.

I for one am tired of the debate about the senior deputy program. There are the emails from folks that are the deputies of the decade and solve all the crimes. There are the emails about how there is an unjust IA now.

How about just do away with the program and spread the money out to all the deputies.

It does seem to be harder to be a senior deputy than a sergeant (and that makes no sense).

04-26-2009, 01:44 AM
Which is why I, an ex-board member of the Teamsters, refuse to even read the stupid emails. I am over it. The raises need to be for everyone, not just a select group and self-centered folks. I will never attend another meeting, nor will I participate in the silly emails.

Agreed.
In one email we had a deputy saying he was deputy of the year and deputy of the quarter a couple of times, that he never called in sick, that he had a bunch of medals.

In another email we had a deputy saying how much volunteer work he does.

And in this latest email we have a deputy also saying he is deputy of the year and up for some state of florida award...and also saying how he got the short end of an ia.

Is this why the medical premiums have gone up so much? All these individuals patting themselves on the back so much have suffered hand injuries?

04-26-2009, 09:12 PM
I think it is kind of sad that you have deputies who feel the need to blow their own horn and tell us how great they are (deputy of the year, how many medals they have received, how they never call in sick, how they are up for some state award, how much volunteer work they do, etc). This list is endless.

For some (the deputies who blow their own horn about being deputy of the year) there should be thanks to their supervisor (unless they wrote themselve up for the honor). For the volunteer deputy you should be thankful you are in a position and job to do volunteer work.

And then there is the thing about the union. Has there ever been anything more useless. Do away with it and give all the deputies the dues that are paid. We do not need a union. The Sheriff is fair with punishment (case in point is the deputy of the year who was whining about his IA...it was unfounded and proves the Sheriff is a fair and good boss).

Somebody provide a list of anything the Teamsters union has accomplished.

04-30-2009, 12:34 PM
I think it is kind of sad that you have deputies who feel the need to blow their own horn and tell us how great they are (deputy of the year, how many medals they have received, how they never call in sick, how they are up for some state award, how much volunteer work they do, etc). This list is endless.

For some (the deputies who blow their own horn about being deputy of the year) there should be thanks to their supervisor (unless they wrote themselve up for the honor). For the volunteer deputy you should be thankful you are in a position and job to do volunteer work.

And then there is the thing about the union. Has there ever been anything more useless. Do away with it and give all the deputies the dues that are paid. We do not need a union. The Sheriff is fair with punishment (case in point is the deputy of the year who was whining about his IA...it was unfounded and proves the Sheriff is a fair and good boss).

Somebody provide a list of anything the Teamsters union has accomplished.

You hit the nail on the head about the Teamsters! I agree 100%

05-02-2009, 01:28 AM
Other than collect dues, NOT ONE THING!