PDA

View Full Version : Top Step

04-24-2009, 08:58 PM
It shows the TPD step 10 is $68 and Master Patrolman is $75. What does it take to become a master patrolman?

04-24-2009, 09:35 PM
You get it after your 10th year. I'm not sure why the salary on the city's HR website doesn't include the MPO step.

04-24-2009, 10:03 PM
Thanks what is TPD detail pay? My dept is $30 an hour

04-25-2009, 12:56 AM
MPO was once something to be proud of. Don't misunderstand me, ten years of service is a proude thing but you used to have to earn the MPO. It was based on your eval, shooting and physical fitness scores. It changed when some hard nosed Sgt's in the old D1 had a full sqd og 10 year plus officers but no MPO's. The eval section was too easily manipulated and for some of these Sgt's it seemed be fun for them to hold it back.

04-25-2009, 03:40 PM
MPO was once something to be proud of. Don't misunderstand me, ten years of service is a proude thing but you used to have to earn the MPO. It was based on your eval, shooting and physical fitness scores. It changed when some hard nosed Sgt's in the old D1 had a full sqd og 10 year plus officers but no MPO's. The eval section was too easily manipulated and for some of these Sgt's it seemed be fun for them to hold it back.

MPO has NEVER been something to be proud of. If you know who the first MPO was you understand...

04-27-2009, 05:58 AM
If they had an actual Master Patrol Officer rank it would be the same pay as a detective. MPO pay is nice as is but it simply means you've earned it by working ten years.